[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Euro after glow: The Porzingis Effect
Author Thread
ekstarks94
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6104

9/25/2016  9:42 AM
One thing we do know is that Porzingis is not soft, the label that has been rubber stamped on European players for years. His swag, confidence, and impact has been imprinted on the psyche for all that have watched him play. The interesting thing is this effect on the Knicks two new euro imports how this will help their transition into the NBA. Already we see the Porzingis effect as where they are training with Russell Westbrook. Many players, let alone euro stashes, are not afforded that luxury. However, because of the admiration KP has garnered around the league, Kuz and Willy will benefit greatly.

Based on the dynamics of the Knicks bench and the lack of any proven players (other than Jennings, and throw in Lance & KO), it is possible for Kuz and Willy to have solid roles. The problem is the intimidation factor in playing in the NBA. The pace of the game. Being able to play solid defense. Not being afraid to step in and step up. Porzingis helps in all those areas. For these players to see Porzingis have success on a big stage will be a significant boost to their confidence and will aid them in their own individual match ups.

The impact of Porzingis to these players could quite possibly accelerate the timetable in their acclimation to the NBA. This in my opinion would be a benefit to the Knicks in their quest for the playoffs this year

AUTOADVERT
ekstarks94

10/25/2016  11:56 AM
After seeing preseason play....I hate to say I told you so.
blkexec
Member: #748
10/25/2016  12:04 PM
I believe KP is the reason for Phil bringing in so many Euro players, at key roles. It gives them a chance to grow together and increases their learning curve as they get introduced to the NBA.

I knew KP was going to be special, but I honestly didn't think it would be this quick. And I didn't know how wide his impact would spread. A sneaker deal with only 1 yr of NBA experience, for a Euro player? What other Euro player had this type of impact so early? I'm assuming there's only a few!

Between Noah and Melo, KP will be turned into the most dangerous two way player in the NBA....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ekstarks94

10/25/2016  12:09 PM
blkexec wrote:I believe KP is the reason for Phil bringing in so many Euro players, at key roles. It gives them a chance to grow together and increases their learning curve as they get introduced to the NBA.

I knew KP was going to be special, but I honestly didn't think it would be this quick. And I didn't know how wide his impact would spread. A sneaker deal with only 1 yr of NBA experience, for a Euro player? What other Euro player had this type of impact so early? I'm assuming there's only a few!

Between Noah and Melo, KP will be turned into the most dangerous two way player in the NBA....

I agree with that. Phil has not been afriad to go to the Euro well. I think both players will do well.

As for KP it is ridiculous and he has not scratched the surface yet. In another post someone mentioned Towns getting all of the hype now, but Porzingis has better upside. I agree with this. I never seen a player that tall be so fluid and can stroke it.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/25/2016  12:13 PM
blkexec wrote:I believe KP is the reason for Phil bringing in so many Euro players, at key roles. It gives them a chance to grow together and increases their learning curve as they get introduced to the NBA.

and I think that's the reason why brining in Noah, even a semi shell of his former Defensive Player of the Year, is a great thing. Dude can give 2 years of on-court defensive training to KP. That right there is GOLD

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ekstarks94

10/25/2016  12:15 PM
martin wrote:

and I think that's the reason why brining in Noah, even a semi shell of his former Defensive Player of the Year, is a great thing. Dude can give 2 years of on-court defensive training to KP. That right there is GOLD

Agreed!! I think Noah's impact is similar to KG with Towns in
Minny. I think that is part of the reason why Phil sheeled out the moolah for Noah....we two good young bigs....KP & Willy....throw in Plum lord as a solid reserve....even if Noah is greatly diminished in latter years of the contract...he can turn into a role player similiar to KG an Minny last yr...

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/25/2016  12:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  12:25 PM
Willie stated personally that KP has given him the confidence that he could play in this league.

Good call

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  12:53 PM
the gap is closed with EU players... I think there is a good talent pool that can be drawn on and its inexpensive, especially with how the cap has exploded. A few years ago the money it took to bring guys over might cost you a good MLE caliber player. Now the $3-$5mm a year it takes to get some of these guys over here is chump change. I mean that's just not impacting your cap, so while Kuz is a "rookie" we got an experienced pro and Olympian for a small cost. I think its just better business now than it ever was.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/25/2016  2:52 PM
martin wrote:

No doubt about it: This was the reason we gave Noah the 4yr deal. If we can milk two quality years of 25mpg from him, the rest will be gravy. He is here to impart the golden learnins to the yoots, especially KP. The value of Noah's intangibles won't be measured for a decade, but it will be special and will impact KP the most.

knicks1248
Member: #582
10/25/2016  2:59 PM
fishmike wrote:the gap is closed with EU players... I think there is a good talent pool that can be drawn on and its inexpensive, especially with how the cap has exploded. A few years ago the money it took to bring guys over might cost you a good MLE caliber player. Now the $3-$5mm a year it takes to get some of these guys over here is chump change. I mean that's just not impacting your cap, so while Kuz is a "rookie" we got an experienced pro and Olympian for a small cost. I think its just better business now than it ever was.

That's why the NBA DL, will become useless unless they change things, like the pay, and the ability to do like they do in the MLB, shuffle guys up and down..Euro players are way more fundamental than 80% of the players coming out of college

ES
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/25/2016  3:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  3:24 PM
Moonangie wrote:
martin wrote:

No doubt about it: This was the reason we gave Noah the 4yr deal. If we can milk two quality years of 25mpg from him, the rest will be gravy. He is here to impart the golden learnins to the yoots, especially KP. The value of Noah's intangibles won't be measured for a decade, but it will be special and will impact KP the most.

Hopefully after those 2 quality years, we can move KP to the center position full time. He's not ready for it yet of course, but that is where we can take advantage of his incredibly unique skillset the most. The NBA is obsessed with small-ball, and finding ways to get more versatile on offense without sacrificing on defense. I really believe we have that next unique, generational talent that will make teams re-evaluate how to build their team. KP is the poster child for how to play small-ball without being small. We have a 7'3 player who can play on the perimeter and doesn't sacrifice anything on the defensive end. In fact, he should become an elite defender. If we bring him along correctly, and the next couple of seasons we can add quality players who fit with him nicely, we will build a perennial contender.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  3:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:the gap is closed with EU players... I think there is a good talent pool that can be drawn on and its inexpensive, especially with how the cap has exploded. A few years ago the money it took to bring guys over might cost you a good MLE caliber player. Now the $3-$5mm a year it takes to get some of these guys over here is chump change. I mean that's just not impacting your cap, so while Kuz is a "rookie" we got an experienced pro and Olympian for a small cost. I think its just better business now than it ever was.

That's why the NBA DL, will become useless unless they change things, like the pay, and the ability to do like they do in the MLB, shuffle guys up and down..Euro players are way more fundamental than 80% of the players coming out of college

disagree.. I think there is still a young post college age group that the DL will have greater appeal to than China or EU. Also you are playing under a specific organization as opposed to some random team overseas with no NBA ties.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
The Euro after glow: The Porzingis Effect

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy