[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Sounds like Heat are still unable to clear Bosh to play...
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/23/2016  12:52 PM

Sucks.

Seems like he might need to consider retirement at this point.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
USA
9/23/2016  12:53 PM

Well, this is crushing: Chris Bosh continues to experience complications related to blood clotting, and has failed the physical he hoped would clear him for a return to the Miami Heat, casting his NBA future in doubt.

“A person with direct knowledge of the situation” told Tim Reynolds of The Associated Press about the failed physical Friday morning:

The person spoke on condition of anonymity because neither Bosh nor the team has made any announcement. It’s a major blow to the All-Star’s comeback plans and a decision that will likely add to the tension between the team and its highest-paid player.
Bosh has gone through a series of medical tests in recent days, and the results apparently were not enough to convince Miami that he’s able to play – at least, not yet. The team holds media day in Miami on Monday and starts training camp in the Bahamas on Tuesday. It’s unclear if Bosh will even be present for those events.
Barry Jackson of The Miami Herald on Friday termed the issue “a complication” related to the blood clot issues that have prematurely ended his last two seasons that arose in the medical tests to which the Heat subjected the 32-year-old All-Star power forward:

Though the complication is not considered life-threatening if treated, it requires medication and playing with it is considered unrealistic. […]
The Heat had gone into this week expecting to clear Bosh to resume his career this season, according to multiple sources briefed on the situation. But his clearance by the Heat always was contingent on Bosh passing his physical and no issues surfacing during a battery of Heat-administered medical tests this week.
And when an issue arose in blood work this week, the Heat concluded he could not be cleared to return.
Shortly after the news began to circulate, the Heat released a statement confirming Bosh’s status:

The Miami HEAT and Chris Bosh, in consultation with team doctors and other physicians, have been working together for many months with the mutual goal of having Chris return to the court as soon as possible. Chris has now taken his pre-season physical. The Miami HEAT regret that it remains unable to clear Chris to return to basketball activities, and there is no timetable for his return.
We are not able to comment further in light of Article XXII, Section 3(e) of the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement, which precludes a team from releasing certain medical information without a player’s consent.
The failed physical comes two days after Bosh released the first episode of “Rebuilt,” a self-directed documentary web series aimed at documenting Bosh’s battles with the blood-clotting problems that have compromised his health and forced him out of action after the All-Star break of the 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons, as well as what Bosh hoped would be successful efforts to return to the Heat after months of treatment and rehabilitation work.

Throughout his forced separation from the court, Bosh has maintained his intention to come back, continuing to search for treatment options and second opinions that would allow him to be cleared to play professional basketball once again. The Heat, however, have resisted, reportedly and understandably unwilling to take the risk that a recurrence of clotting issues could have catastrophic consequences for Bosh’s health.

Even so, Bosh continued to work out and publicly profess his expectation that he’d be cleared for Heat training camp. From an appearance last week on the Open Run podcast, as transcribed by ProBasketballTalk:

Absolutely [I’m ready to come back for training camp]. We’ve been talking about it for a long time. We released a statement in May that as soon as I’m ready to play, as soon as possible, I’ll play. I’m ready. I’ve done all my work working with the doctors. I’m in incredible shape. […] Especially with [Heat owner] Micky Arison saying, “I’ll see you at camp.” I think it’s moving forward. I have no reason to believe it’s not. We’ll finish this.
Despite Bosh’s confidence, though, multiple reports indicated that the Heat weren’t yet comfortable clearing Bosh to play long-term, continuing the impasse between the two sides and leaving a layer of haze and ambiguity over Bosh’s status. Friday’s news would seem to lend clarity to the situation … unless Bosh, who made it clear in his podcast appearance and in “Rebuilt” that he didn’t agree with the Heat medical staff’s assessment of his physical health, elects to continue pressing the issue in pursuit of continuing to ply his trade.

¿ △ ?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

9/23/2016  1:58 PM
Wondering...

If he were to take a buy out from the Heat -- could he (if he passes a physical) sign with another team this year or is he blocked from joining any other team?

smackeddog
Member: #883
9/23/2016  2:00 PM
Basketball isn't worth dying for. He's had more money and success than most, has multiple championships, hope he puts his health first and walks away- there will be life beyond bball.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/23/2016  2:41 PM
tough one... I feel bad for him. That's a scary thing. He probably feels good and doesn't really get why he cant play. Hopefully he just stays healthy no matter what path he chooses.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/23/2016  3:01 PM
If he retires he don't get paid. He has to be be "Disabled" and thus the team gets insurance of about 80%.
So this back and forth is about money. Bosh has had to shut it down for two years in a row. He is sick.
He filmed a show about his "comeback". You think anyone wants to see this and then he gets shut down? SO if he don't play, he don't get airtime, and he don't get paid.
Riley runs the team like it should. Lebron left, he was pissed. I don't blame him, nor Lebron for leaving. Wade wanted full respect money. Ego. Riles did what as right for the team to let him walk.
Riles looks bad for a few days, then moves on. He has to get rid of bosh who wnats to play, wants to get paid, but likely has to shut it down again? Time to move on. If IM riley, I try to run him off as well.
I feel bad, but its a business and the players have a lot of leverage while they are healthy and those contracts are gold as long as you come back in shape. Heat don't want cap space tied up or him dying in front of 20,000 people!!!! As for protecting his health, thats a crock of shyt.
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

9/23/2016  7:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/23/2016  7:03 PM
Is it bad that knowing what I know now, I'd still have gambled on him being healthy instead of a Derrick Rose and/or Joakim Noah? I would've given up $20 million in cap space to see if the guy could make it back onto a NBA court. I still feel that this isn't the last we've seen of Chris Bosh.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/23/2016  11:18 PM
The Sentinel is now saying a third clot was found during his physical. Sad but he is married with five children. There is no way he should get back on the court again.
But after being diagnosed with a third blood clot in less than three years, according to sources, it's time for the Heat veteran to call it a career. A good career. A great one, even.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-heat-increasingly-believe-boshs-career-with-franchise-is-over-165103796.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/24/2016  3:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:The Sentinel is now saying a third clot was found during his physical. Sad but he is married with five children. There is no way he should get back on the court again.
But after being diagnosed with a third blood clot in less than three years, according to sources, it's time for the Heat veteran to call it a career. A good career. A great one, even.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-heat-increasingly-believe-boshs-career-with-franchise-is-over-165103796.html

Yep, my dad had Polycythemia which meant he was prone to clotting- the meds can be pretty brutal. Not sure if thats what Bosh has, but he definitely has some sort of blood condition and it's really time to walk away, however hard it may be.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
9/24/2016  9:01 AM
Bosh is a champion, a lock for the hall, and has made a lot of money during his really great career. Retirement would be hard for him, but health matters.
crzymdups
USA
9/26/2016  10:52 AM
Riley sounding like he's cutting ties. Sounds like it's the right thing to do.

¿ △ ?
Malcolm
Member: #6131

9/26/2016  11:12 AM
Tough situation.

But man to man . . . you gotta just give your best judgment and
move on.

It seems there's not enough reason here to doubt Riley's sincerity.

Bosh has to do what he has to do (try to go to another team??),
but Riley has to do what he has to do.

crzymdups
USA
9/26/2016  11:23 AM
Malcolm wrote:Tough situation.

But man to man . . . you gotta just give your best judgment and
move on.

It seems there's not enough reason here to doubt Riley's sincerity.

Bosh has to do what he has to do (try to go to another team??),
but Riley has to do what he has to do.

I would think the issue with the league is probably that Bosh wants the ability to play for another team and the Heat don't think he's clear to play. So Bosh doesn't want to retire, his doctors have cleared him... meanwhile the Heat doctors have not cleared him.

It sort of reminds me of the Eddy Curry situation when he was traded to the Knicks.

¿ △ ?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/26/2016  12:54 PM
That's some crazy stuff to be trying to stay at the highest level of pro sports with. Strokes and or embolisms are not something you want to have to deal with this early in life.

Hope he just moves on, gets done whatever he needs to stay healthy.

OT: Sounds like Heat are still unable to clear Bosh to play...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy