[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gary Payton to Celtics for Chris Mihm and Chucky Atkins
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/6/2004  12:00 PM
no link, but I think the Lakers did well here. Celtics did need to dump some bodies. I knew we shouldve spent our money on Mihm instead of Baker. We couldve had him IMHO, Cs had 16 players under contract--once a player signs an offer sheet he cant be traded.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2004  12:06 PM
I'm luke warm on Mihm at best and we have a similar roster problem. Is Mihm the athletic 2-way center that brings us to the next level?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/6/2004  12:08 PM
Where'd you hear this trade?

I never liked Mihm, but this does prove that Danny Ainge is in fact a complete idiot.
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
8/6/2004  12:09 PM
Mihm isnt Patrick ewing and we would still need to find another 7 footer, but IMHO Mihm is a better version of Doleac who can also block shots and is 24 years old. For the price we paid for Baker-we shouldve spent the loot on Mihm. Mihm still has a good deal of upside. Doleac is bigger than any Knick and he will back up and sometimes play next to shaq. Thats a lot of size. Mihm is 7-0 265 we have no one even close.
RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/6/2004  12:13 PM
I don't believe the Baker stories. I don't think Baker will sign until Damps absolutely turns down our MLE.
¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  12:15 PM
I agree with the arguement, but disagree on the value of Mihm. We will have to make up for the size in other areas. Nazr, Baker, KT and Sweetney arent that tall, but that group isnt getting pushed around either.

Best thing Mihm has going for his is his age.. I dont see much more beside that, and I dont see anything in the NBA game that resembles his college game.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/6/2004  12:16 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Where'd you hear this trade?

I never liked Mihm, but this does prove that Danny Ainge is in fact a complete idiot.

Are you being sarcastic?
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
8/6/2004  1:48 PM
Briggs enough with this Mihm crap. Is this a real trade or another made up one? You can't compare Baker with Mihm because Baker is a 1 yr deal and Mihm would be a 5-6 yr deal. What are you going to use to sign Mihm , the MLE? then we never would have a chance to get Dampier however small that is.Just because a guy is 7ft tall doesn't mean he can play. I have seen Mihm play alot and I don't see anything that is significantly better than Nazr.--How many different threads are you going to start with the same topic--Mihm,Mihm, Mihm ?

[Edited by - BigRedDog on 08/06/2004 13:51:21]
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/6/2004  1:52 PM
Posted by BigRedDog:

Briggs enough with this Mihm crap. Is this a real trade or another made up one?

Lol. Well, atleast you don't mince words.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/6/2004  1:54 PM
I can't believe the Lakes would ship out Payton. Just seems disrespectful as the Lakers wooed him. He could have opted out, but chose to return.

he is wise to get away from Kobe and get the ball.
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
8/6/2004  2:29 PM
"he is wise to get away from Kobe and get the ball."

LOL True!

We're talking about a guy who averaged 20ppg two seasons ago. He gave up his game to run the triangle. Everyone knows that within the triangle offense the point guard is not needed to create (see Fisher, Shaw, Harper, Lue, BJ Armstrong, Kerr, Randy Brown) to be successful. GP gave up his game for the team. Not that I feel bad for him....he took a chance, rolled the dice to get a ring and lost. But he DOES deserve a little more respect from the Lakers. But hey, I guess that's the biz!
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/6/2004  2:37 PM
this trade is not official, it is in the works...
mintyfreshness33
Member: #586
USA
8/6/2004  3:18 PM
it is now official, rick fox, gp , and a first rounder for marcus bank, chucky atkin, and chris mhim
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/6/2004  3:39 PM

For Celts, This Glove Fits
By Bill Simmons
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/040806

Payton Traded To Celtics
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1853576

"The Lakers, in need of a big man since trading Shaquille O'Neal to Miami last month, had to give up Gary Payton to get one.

An NBA source told ESPN.com's Bill Simmons that the Celtics have dealt Chris Mihm (in a sign-and-trade), guards Marcus Banks and Chucky Atkins and a future second-round pick to Los Angeles for Payton, Rick Fox and a lottery-protected first-round draft pick."
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  4:29 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

it is now official, rick fox, gp , and a first rounder for marcus bank, chucky atkin, and chris mhim

wow... Boston was SOOO high on Banks last year. Supposedly Danny loves his rookies this year also. I wonder if he shows the same patience.
jaydh
Member: #96
8/6/2004  4:41 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

wow... Boston was SOOO high on Banks last year. Supposedly Danny loves his rookies this year also. I wonder if he shows the same patience.

for real tho... does boston really think they will be playoff contenders with pierce and payton.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/6/2004  4:48 PM
Baker will sign for the LLE according to the latests "reports" which are really just rumors which to me have no more weight then the "report" that he was gonna sine for 3 mil of the MLE. If you were goint to sign Mihm, you would have to spend a big chunk if not the entire MLE. We got Baker for the LLE supposedly, so far we havent even signed him. So in other words, you can't compare Mihm to Baker, one would have to be signed with the MLE, another with the LLE. Also, Mihm was traded you notice, not signed, which futher defeats the purpose of comparing Mihm to the Baker signing. Also notice that the Celtic might have gotten a good deal here, since there is a chance Payton may have a good year again. The jury is still out on whether he is now washed up, this season we will find out if it was the triangle and Phil's coaching that made him look so bad.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/6/2004  5:32 PM
Danny is annoying....

It seems he is just doing any and everthing for no reason. With that being said his team looks talented enough to actually make a play for the playoffs.

They got Al Jefferson who looks like a starter next to Pierce at forward. Then they got Mark Blount at center. They already have Ricky Davis at the 2. Payton brings a veteran point to kinda hold it down.

All that is by accident cuz a few weeks ago he had nothing but a stupid looking roster with no plan. What a nut.

Question of the day: Can the current Knicks mess with that division rival? Knicks and Celtics are kind of similiar now that you look at it.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BRIGGS
8/6/2004  5:33 PM
blah blha blah Chris Mihm stinks. Chris Mihm has been undervalued and underutilized. hes a better version of Mike Doleac and IF it is true that we are paying Vin Baker-- who is an old 33--- a guy who has been a long term alcholic who stands on one leg from being barred from the league--we shouldve gone a different direction IMHO. The opportunities at the end of the first round and Chris Mihm were viable options. Hopefully something works out where we get Dampier and that paying baker 3.5 mm was a hoax. If he saved the money for dampier Im cool with that. Im not coll with paying vin baker a large amount of money because hes getting paid nearly 6mm a year from the Celtics.
RIP Crushalot😞
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/6/2004  6:46 PM
blah blah blah, Mihm doesnt not stink, he is just not any better then Baker, he is just as soft, has an erratic jumper, so don't compare him to Doleac who makes his living on the 15 footer, is not known for his post defense, has no postgame, and lucks into blocking some shots just cause he is 7 foot. I'd rather sign Clark with the LLE then waste any money over the LLE on Mihm who has been mostly a disapointment so far in his young career. He has consistently been getting worse since his rookie year btw. I ohnestly don't see what makes him better then Doleac. Doleac was actually playing good post defense for us last year before he got traded. Mihm on the other hand has done nothing to improve his game for several years now. Which makes me think he is lazy, too.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Gary Payton to Celtics for Chris Mihm and Chucky Atkins

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy