[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

To those Knicks fans dismissing Rose's rape case...
Author Thread
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
9/16/2016  4:50 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Can you explain a couple of points from the messages?

1) Which friend is she losing and why?
2) Why is the taxi cab # important?
3) Why does she need to see the taxi that was waiting outside of Rose's house?
4) Why is her home her work? What type of work does she do at her home?
5) How did she miss an important day at work if her home is her work?
6) Why does she complain to Rose about all sorts of things EXCEPT feeling that she was sexually taken advantage of by him and his friends?

1)Room mate used to be on good terms was a coworker and her tenant, now they're on bad terms. She moved out and is now the key witness for the defense
2)Rose uses car service to either shuttle her to him or to send her home from his place. Taxi cab has record of time, driver as witness, what state was she in, was she passed out, was she drunk?
3)Taxi records can corroborate her story as far as records go
4)Some people work from home from time to time or use it for work related things. Says in the thinkprogress article she was in property management the time she met Rose.
5)Most people have to report to someone at an office if you aren't a boss. Guessing that day she had to show up.
6)She thought she knew him. She thought they had simpatico and didn't realize the extent of his scumbaggery.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
9/16/2016  5:31 PM
Who is dismissing rose rape case? Anybody? Seems like this threads points to somebody that don't exist....
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
foosballnick
Member: #3148

9/16/2016  6:16 PM
blkexec wrote:Who is dismissing rose rape case? Anybody? Seems like this threads points to somebody that don't exist....

No one. The purpose of this thread appears to be about the OP staking his claim that he once only complained about Melo non-stop and now he will be performing double duty complaining about Melo AND Rose non-stop.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/16/2016  8:46 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/16/2016  8:51 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
EnySpree wrote:This thread is fighting for the right to talk about drama....

This is not a case of Rose raping an unconscious woman behind a dumpster... this is a woman that was gIrving up herself for benefits. She was cool with it until Rose told her to beat it. Now she wants money. Gtfoh with this garbage. It's only a distraction if he's going to miss regular season games. Missing pre season isn't that big a deal. Now if anything more solid comes out there's nothing to talk about. Stop fighting for drama. Stop trying to snowball the situation. This just proves you care more about drama and chaos than any thing else. Gtfoh with that garbage

a jury of his peers will decide what actually happened, and that jury will not be comprised of like-minded people who can relate and sympathize with derrick rose... which is why he should settle. it's almost a given that the jury will have a minimum of 4 women on it. will any woman see the situation the way you do?

question: what do you think the odds are of his winning the case?

Civil case so his odds are way down. He is gonna settle neither sides wants a trial.

And why are Rose's attorneys pushing to have her name release? How does that help their case?

Might bring out more character witnesses, perhaps this chic has a history of being very loose

Not perhaps. Absolute definite. That's why they call them groupies. You do not associate with groupies man. That's just rule number one in the player handbook. These hoes are for everyone. You try to make her one of yours you gotta pay. How come all of a sudden you see more and more of these cases? Mean to tell me this type of thing never happened? You wanna do dirt you gotta handle your business.

Sorry if I'm coming off wrong but there's rules to this. These athletes break all the rules. That's why they always in trouble. That's why they have kids all over the place, paying child support like crazy.

Misogynistic much?

Reading the case facts and details, this "hoe" doesn't have any kids of any kind by any athlete and happens to be college educated and work for a living.

Also, not sure if you're a latino or whatever, but she's one of those Mexican-Americans from Cali from super large, ultra conservative, ultra religicus families. Her Mom and Pop don't speak a lick of english and are in their 70s and 80s, and she actively cares for both of them, since they're on the verge of dying.

Now I don't know if you have any daughters, sisters, female cousins, friends...but I wouldn't just throw that word "hoe" out there or "groupie" about a good girl that's just trying to make it out there.

I recommend all of you read this, it's her own words:

https://thinkprogress.org/derrick-rose-rape-accuser-speaks-7d7f6dab74be#.8t8vdg5bo

Just because she has a solid foundation and up bringing she isn't excluded from lying or exaggerating. Dude don't let the solid up bringing fool you, I know plenty of loose woman that handle their priorities and are still shady as hell.

This will be settled out of court, the little lawyer group that coaxed her into doing this will make a couple of $ she will make a couple of $ to help her family.

Why would any man take his friends over to fck his ex if he knows there's no way in hell she would every be down for that, not a remote chance that she would ever take part in something like that. There had to something she said or did that would make you even thinking of doing that.

Rose has to pay to play,and he will pay up, but I know in my heart she's not a saint in this, and he must feel so too, or he would have been gave her hush money. Or maybe she didn't want to go that route and then be charge with extortion, IDK, but there is always 2 sides to the story.

Not to mention she hired a law group that only goes after athletes, and only gets paid if they win

ES
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

9/17/2016  3:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/17/2016  3:07 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Can you explain a couple of points from the messages?

1) Which friend is she losing and why?
2) Why is the taxi cab # important?
3) Why does she need to see the taxi that was waiting outside of Rose's house?
4) Why is her home her work? What type of work does she do at her home?
5) How did she miss an important day at work if her home is her work?
6) Why does she complain to Rose about all sorts of things EXCEPT feeling that she was sexually taken advantage of by him and his friends?

1)Room mate used to be on good terms was a coworker and her tenant, now they're on bad terms. She moved out and is now the key witness for the defense
2)Rose uses car service to either shuttle her to him or to send her home from his place. Taxi cab has record of time, driver as witness, what state was she in, was she passed out, was she drunk?
3)Taxi records can corroborate her story as far as records go
4)Some people work from home from time to time or use it for work related things. Says in the thinkprogress article she was in property management the time she met Rose.
5)Most people have to report to someone at an office if you aren't a boss. Guessing that day she had to show up.
6)She thought she knew him. She thought they had simpatico and didn't realize the extent of his scumbaggery.

1) In the thinkprogress interview she says that she was not really friends with her roommate, though for some reason the roommate ends up being the first person to whom she confides the thought that she was raped. Her story is very jumbled and confusing on this point, like on most other points
2) and 3) Or perhaps it is important in the context of a $200 taxi bill, and her wanting to prove that the taxi driver indeed spent a lot of time waiting for her and then helping her get up to her apartment, hence the high bill
4) and 5) Most people do some work at home, when they do not finish on time at work, or bring the work home to be near their family, etc. This does not make their home their work. And she clearly had to go to an office. So the complaint to Rose about her home being her work is still not clear. How is that his problem? Perhaps she was complaining because due to the party her home became a mess (i.e., vomit in the bathroom, condoms, etc.). But then she was not expecting to have a business function at her home the next day. Neither had that consideration stopped her from drinking vodka at her home the night before on her own initiative.
6) The morning after, she complained to Rose about her home being her work, she complained about her roommate with whom she had had a difficult relationship all along, she complained about a taxi bill, she asked for money for the sex belt (which she later said she got as a "gift from a friend", some friends), yet not once did she say: "You guys took advantage of me while I was helpless, I did not want this, you guys did a horrible thing". So why did she keep bringing up all those inconsequential things and ignore the most important one?

Her attorneys started out really well, I actually started getting a lot of sympathy for this woman, but the more she and they speak to the media, and the more details are coming out, the more it looks like she has routinely lied, and the more unclear and confusing explanations of some very unsavory facts come out, making her look like she is taking turns and bends to hide or obscure something. She is losing credibility fast. Not surprisingly, it is HER legal team that makes public statements about this case having to get settled as soon as possible.

I hope that at some point the judge steps in to stop this infamy and to force the sides to negotiate a reasonable settlement. Everyone in this situation looks bad, but it is Rose with the money, so, fairly or not, he should end up paying up.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/17/2016  10:55 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Welpee
Member: #6239

9/17/2016  12:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/17/2016  12:42 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Actual Deposition from the rape victim's roommate a couple days after the shock of being raped:

Actual text from the rape victim to Rose in trying to find out why her on/off boyfriend acted like a scumbag moral-less scoundrel, since she thought she knew him:

Doesn't sound very hoe-like.

I suggest you read all of her messages: http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/
CrushAlot
USA
9/17/2016  12:44 PM
Welpee wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Actual Deposition from the rape victim's roommate a couple days after the shock of being raped:

Actual text from the rape victim to Rose in trying to find out why her on/off boyfriend acted like a scumbag moral-less scoundrel, since she thought she knew him:

Doesn't sound very hoe-like.

I suggest you read all of her messages: http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/

+1
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

9/17/2016  12:57 PM
I feel terrible for women who go through these events. As for Rose i wont make judgments but im kinda glad he is only here 1 year
CrushAlot
USA
9/17/2016  1:10 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I feel terrible for women who go through these events. As for Rose i wont make judgments but im kinda glad he is only here 1 year
The white bronco site has all of the court documents that have been filed by both parties. It is worth checking out in my opinion.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/17/2016  4:25 PM
i read as much of the texts and whatnot as i could stomach. liable or not-- the whole thing is sordid, sickening, and shameful and i cannot believe rose is bringing this shyte to the knicks. he is a pariah even before playing a single minute for the knicks and has to settle.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Welpee
Member: #6239

9/17/2016  6:03 PM
dk7th wrote:i read as much of the texts and whatnot as i could stomach. liable or not-- the whole thing is sordid, sickening, and shameful and i cannot believe rose is bringing this shyte to the knicks. he is a pariah even before playing a single minute for the knicks and has to settle.
I bet that kinda **** is already on the Knicks, we just may not know about it. Did we already forget about Derrick Williams, Cleanthony Early and the case against O'Quinn? Let's not pretend Rose is joining a choir boy squad. This IS the NBA you know. The Knicks are probably no better or worse than any other team in terms of morality.
dk7th
USA
9/17/2016  6:49 PM
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:i read as much of the texts and whatnot as i could stomach. liable or not-- the whole thing is sordid, sickening, and shameful and i cannot believe rose is bringing this shyte to the knicks. he is a pariah even before playing a single minute for the knicks and has to settle.
I bet that kinda **** is already on the Knicks, we just may not know about it. Did we already forget about Derrick Williams, Cleanthony Early and the case against O'Quinn? Let's not pretend Rose is joining a choir boy squad. This IS the NBA you know. The Knicks are probably no better or worse than any other team in terms of morality.

o'quinn accused of assault and pending, so yes that is apples to apples, although o'quinn's situation lacks the star power, noteriety, and sordidness of rose's situation.

cleanthony was shot at a nightclub he should not have been in, williams gets his jewelry stolen. both were stupid but the key is they were victims. not apples to apples.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
callmened
Member: #4234

9/17/2016  11:01 PM
WOW. SO I JUST READ MORE OF THIS CASE...

listen, i dont know what happened that night...NONE of this do but ive concluded a couple of things:
- yikes D.Rose - that is ******* behavior (basically he said, I'll only continue to be your boyfriend if you allow my boys to have sex with you too)
- yikes D. Rose - you sound like an idiot (he doesnt know what 'consent' means)

i wish i didn't read this. again, i dont know if they raped her or not. but it just showed me how ignorant D. Rose was. i mean its hard to stomach or root for a guy like that

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/18/2016  1:05 AM
callmened wrote:WOW. SO I JUST READ MORE OF THIS CASE...

listen, i dont know what happened that night...NONE of this do but ive concluded a couple of things:
- yikes D.Rose - that is ******* behavior (basically he said, I'll only continue to be your boyfriend if you allow my boys to have sex with you too)

i wish i didn't read this. again, i dont know if they raped her or not. but it just showed me how ignorant D. Rose was. i mean its hard to stomach or root for a guy like that

You'd be surprised at what you don't know about many pro athletes, musicians, actors etc. until their personal business is put out in public we don't really know any of them. I would say don't base your opinion on the limited info that comes out in the media.

People have been executed based on evidence and later found to be innocent. So called evidence can lead you astray, especially when Lawyers present it a certain way. None of us were there and none of us knows the whole story. It looks bad on both sides cuz her behavior wasn't exemplary either. Bad decisions all the way around.

CrushAlot
USA
9/18/2016  1:20 AM

Ned, are you getting your info from here? http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/
It has everything that has been presented in court without opinions or lawyer slants from either side.
dk7th
USA
9/18/2016  9:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/18/2016  9:43 AM

seems to me he is going to lose the case, based on a small section of this article from the NY times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/sports/basketball/ny-knicks-derrick-rose-rape-lawsuit.html?ref=basketball

"In a civil trial, the burden of proof for a jury to find for a plaintiff is only that his or her story be more believable than not. “O.J. Simpson was acquitted,” said Daniel Medwed, a criminal law professor at Northeastern University, referring to Simpson’s criminal trial on murder charges. “But he lost his civil suit. The bar is much lower.”"

this may be why rose and/or his lawyers are going on the offensive: defaming or calling the woman's character into question is the only strategy they have at their disposal, ie is she such a lowlife that she is not credible.

of course if rose uses that strategy, then what is good for the goose is also good for the gander. rose has already exposed himself in his deposition, as you pointed out.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/18/2016  10:04 AM
So please explain, if your worth like 100 million, and you know your guilty to some degree, why on earth would one let this go PUBLIC.

This wasn't even that much of a story until he became a knick, and 40 different media outlets started following the case more closely( a civil case at it)

This entire system never made sense to me, how the hell can one be innocent of criminal charges, but legally responsible for the same charge..

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/18/2016  10:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Ned, are you getting your info from here? http://thewhitebronco.com/2016/09/the-derrick-rose-sexual-assault-trial-primer/
It has everything that has been presented in court without opinions or lawyer slants from either side.

From the comments I read on this thread I don't think everyone has read all of that info. Sounds like some are happy to just rag on Rose based more on bias than anything else. Some are moralizing which to me is also a problem. We don't have to agree with Rose's lifestyle but it's not illegal to be into kinky stuff sexually.
Both Doe and Rose were adults consenting to drinking, partying and sex over years. It wasn't a normal relationship IMO. This is a very unfortunate thing to be happening right before the new season. I hope it gets resolved before the Trial, but that's for my own selfish reasons as a Knicks fan and not really what may be in the interests of Rose or Doe.
dk7th
USA
9/18/2016  10:26 AM
knicks1248 wrote:So please explain, if your worth like 100 million, and you know your guilty to some degree, why on earth would one let this go PUBLIC.

This wasn't even that much of a story until he became a knick, and 40 different media outlets started following the case more closely( a civil case at it)

This entire system never made sense to me, how the hell can one be innocent of criminal charges, but legally responsible for the same charge..

i believe a criminal charge of rape in this case is harder to prove in this instance. she wasn't forcibly raped. unwanted touching or some form of coercion is the issue. i am not sure but this may have something to do with her civil rights being violated?

this is terrible for the knicks.

To those Knicks fans dismissing Rose's rape case...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy