[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

who is better, J.Craw or H2O
Author Thread
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/6/2004  11:25 AM
This is not the same as who should start. I want to know what most of the knick fans think? Is Allan Houston the better player or is Jamal Crawford a better player?

Crawford: 35 mins played per game
17.3 ppg, 5.1 assts/g and 3.5 rbds/g - 83% FT and 39% FG

Houston: 36 mins player per game
18.5 ppg, 2.0 assts/g and 2.4 rbds/g - 91%FT and 43.5% FG

I obviously think Jamal Crawford is better than Allan Houston. I also think it will be very obvious that Craw is better than Houston once the games start. I cannot wait till Houstons contract runs out and we dont have to deal with his salary ever again.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
AUTOADVERT
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/6/2004  11:28 AM
Heh, I don't really like this question. If you're asking whose all around better as an individual,then I'd put my money on Jamal.

But I believe that when Houston is healthy, his game benefits this club more than Jamal's does.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2004  12:04 PM
they are just different. Craw is a much better ball handler, play maker and much more athletic. Better at getting to the basket and better in the open floor. Houston is a better shooter, better mid range game, bigger physically and is a smarter player. Houston plays like a coach's son. Crawford plays like he's from the Ruckers league. Both are good they are just different.

I'm not worried about who starts or what the rotations are, so long as Lenny finds the best combos and we win games. I want to see Craw use his length and quickness to be a better defender and I want to see a better shot selection.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/6/2004  12:11 PM
I honestly think Houston will be back on the injured list after about 20 games because the moron refused to have surgery again. We'll I shouldn't call him a moron but clearly he doesn't care about winning.

100 million dollars
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/6/2004  12:13 PM
If we get Dampier I'm gonna be so excited about this season. If we don't then wake me up in 3 years.
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
8/6/2004  12:18 PM
<p>Is this even a question, are we forgeting that Crawford shoots 39% doesn't score in the flow of the offense, and needs the ball to be effective, and hasn't thrived in the team concept.

<p>Houston has won playoff games scored 30 or more in those games, and is an excellent shooter that works well in the flow of the offense. Both are poor defensive, Houston does not have a bad attitude and is committed to working on his game...Scoring 50 points means nothing, Tony Delk had 50 Jamison had back to back 50's. Willy Bourton did it and that guy is out of the NBA. Crawford has the body of a child and has been in the league for 4 years....But Crawford is extremely skilled with the ball, but his 3point % is low too.......So everything stop making it look like Isiah just pulled off a blockbuster...JYD are we serious, hello Sweetney hits the class harder and has a real chance to be an extremely good player....So why is this trade great, unless Houston has to retire?
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  12:27 PM
Crawford has a downside and you just mentioned it. You have to see through that and decide if the talent and skills you see there can be harnessed into a team concept.

So far he has said the right things about just fitting in, and he's got a 7 year deal so there is no pressure to put up big numbers, only to win games and help his team.

Jerome is the $$$ relief that makes the deal possible, but he could definatly have a roll here, where TSki, Harrington and Deke had no role.
MS
Member: #724
8/6/2004  12:30 PM
<p>Deke had a role, and he was fun to watch and did some very good things, he is a great back-up center just not against a team like the Nets who run as a result of Knicks launching up 3's and outside shots.

<p>Kenny Lofton said the right things, and every athlete says the right things

Silverfuel
USA
8/6/2004  12:49 PM
Crawford is a young player who has been playing on a very very bad team for the last 3 years. I know he will do a lot better on the Knicks.

Allan Houston is 1-dimensional and refuses to expand his abilities to include other dimensions. He does not want to rebound or find the open man. Crawford is not as good a shooter as Houston but he STILL scores only 1 point less a game in 1 min less a game!!

guns: Houston will end up on the IL in 20 games.

MS: Houston might work well in the flow of the game on offense but so did every other shooter. Jamal Crawford never really had a good team to play in to fit in the flow of the game.

Houston refuses to pass the ball or rebound the ball. I am not asking him to get a triple double. Just get 5 rebounds and 4 assists like Mike Finely. Houston being made our franchise 2 years ago is one of the worst things that could have happened to the franchise.

They actually tried to run the offense around that 1-dimensional lazy refusing to do anything other jump shoot bastard.
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  12:52 PM
Lofton isnt 24 and on the upside of his career. The pressure is on for Lenny to win, because if the team is winning these guys will accept their roles. If the team is .500 and JC is getting 20 minutes a game he's going to want to do more.

Ive seen enough of JC to think the gamble on his talent and upside are worth the contract he got. If you dont its understandable
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/6/2004  12:54 PM
both are good in different aspects, as fish said...obviously Craw has the youth, athleticism & upside potential that Houston doesn't have, but Houston is a much more consistent shooter & a better team player...

is it a bad thing to have both these guys on the same team?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/6/2004  1:02 PM
I can't see Houston starting......

Once you guys see this kid on the court there is no way you can have him come off the bench.

Houston is a jumpshooter. Houston doesn't need to start to be effective.....Plus dude can only play one position. This is a tough situation but what a breath of fresh air to even have this discussion.....

Go get Damp Isiah!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
PhilinLA
Member: #696
8/6/2004  1:07 PM
I think health and the ability to get his willingness to drive and pass makes Crawford a better option.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/6/2004  1:20 PM
I think Houston will definitely start, if healthy. I think that's better for the club.

Crawford is the more versatile player, but Houston has gotten better on D, at least when the opposing player isn't too explosive. Also, as we've seen in the international game, shooting is very important to destroy zone defenses. Houston, healthy, will be extremely valuable.

I like having both players. Hopefully our backcourt can look like what the Kings have in Bibby, Bobby Jax and Christie - only better!
¿ △ ?
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/6/2004  1:34 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I think Houston will definitely start, if healthy. I think that's better for the club.

Crawford is the more versatile player, but Houston has gotten better on D, at least when the opposing player isn't too explosive. Also, as we've seen in the international game, shooting is very important to destroy zone defenses. Houston, healthy, will be extremely valuable.

I like having both players. Hopefully our backcourt can look like what the Kings have in Bibby, Bobby Jax and Christie - only better!

Would you agree that if Houston starts he's gonna have to play no more than 30 minutes? I can't see him playing no more than that. Craw does so much on the court.

Yeeehah!!!

I hope Time Warner can get MSG back in time for the season.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
OasisBU
Member: #257
USA
8/6/2004  2:29 PM
Lineup I want to see tested:
1 - Marbury
2 - Crawford
3 - H20
4 - TT
5 - ?

We would be smaller but we would be faster, more dangerous in terms of scoring, H20 is big enough to take on the 3 spot...TT might not be able to handle the 4 though - I am not sure. But I would still like to see it. Afterall remember the Spree, H20, Rice combo that we rarely got to see? This could be much more dangerous.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/6/2004  2:33 PM
I don't care if Crawford is better than Houston or vice versa. What I know for sure is I want Houston closing games with Marbury if he's healthy.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Silverfuel
USA
8/6/2004  2:39 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

1 - Marbury
2 - Crawford
3 - H20
4 - TT
5 - ?
I prefet
1 - Marb
2 - Craw
3 - TT
4 - Sweetney
5 - ??
OasisBU
Member: #257
USA
8/6/2004  2:43 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by OasisBU:

1 - Marbury
2 - Crawford
3 - H20
4 - TT
5 - ?
I prefet
1 - Marb
2 - Craw
3 - TT
4 - Sweetney
5 - ??

I agree that look is nice too - I actually think there are a bunch of combinations that could be interesting, and thats more then I can say about the Knicks in the past 3 seasons.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
trueknicksfan
Member: #646
8/6/2004  3:49 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

1 - Marbury
2 - Crawford
3 - H20
4 - TT
5 - ?

We would be smaller but we would be faster, more dangerous in terms of scoring, H20 is big enough to take on the 3 spot...TT might not be able to handle the 4 though - I am not sure. But I would still like to see it. Afterall remember the Spree, H20, Rice combo that we rarely got to see? This could be much more dangerous.

I really would luv to see this also but like this

1 - Starbury
2 - Craw
3 - H20
4 - Sweets
5 - Damp
who is better, J.Craw or H2O

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy