[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Briggs is right.. our next focus to improve....
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2004  10:40 AM
assuming Dampier is out and regardless of if we sign Baker I think our line up should start like this:
Marbury
Crawford
TT
Sweetney
KT

Our best chance to improve this team dramaticly is from within, and that means getting Sweetney pt. Nazr is nice but he's not a starting center, and at least w/ KT you know what your getting. Also KT's midrange jumper will nicely compliment Sweetney who is a bulldozer in the post.

Obviously its a smallish line up, but unlike the Houston/Spree line ups we can make up for it on other areas. The bench of Houston(?), Penny, Nazr, Baker(?) JYD, Ariza is among the deepest in the league.

The most important thing to do is get to winning and I think this line up will play well together. If the team is winning EVERY player's value goes up.

Not to mention I think it will be a damn fun squad to watch.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/6/2004  10:48 AM
all the other pieces will fall together but both of you are right, they key is to give sweetney the bulk of the PF minutes. i was anticipating 20-25 mins/game this year with averages of 10/7. if dampier comes aboard, i would like to see that increase to 25-30 mins/game with averages of 12/8. (his minutes would go up b/c dampier can make up for his defensive inefficiencies).

ariza has to wait another year b/c of penny.

kurt going back to center is a good idea but i would LOVE to move him ASAP.

in all reality, if dampier doesn't come (which i don't think he will), the lineup will be:

marbury
h20/crawford (if h20 isn't ready)
tt
kurt
nazr

but our focus should be throwing sweetney into the fire...

oh, and btw, this squad is going to be fun to watch regardless. i CAN'T WAIT to see jyd and sweetney on the floor at the same time. our second unit is second to none in the league.

crawford
penny
jyd
sweetney
nazr/vin

[Edited by - djsunyc on 08/06/2004 10:49:40]
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/6/2004  11:03 AM
good post fishmike, we won't have shot blocking with that lineup, but our frontline defense will be solid and we will have a good rebounding team out there, our backcourt will score a ton of points and we will force teams to match up with us... between steph and craw that is 40 ppg right there....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  11:09 AM
nobody has dogged KT more than me the last 3 years. I mean for crying out loud.. this was my avatar for the better part of 2 years on MSG. I could write a book on the retardation of KT.

STILL.... dont underestimate him and what he can do. When he's not counted on he's awesome. I know that sounds backwards, but in that line up all your asking him to do is bang, huslte, board and hit an a jumper from 15 feet when he's wide open. When he's in this role he has always thrived and played his best. He also plays center with much more pride then he seems to play PF.
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  11:10 AM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/6/2004  12:02 PM
Posted by fishmike:

this pic still makes me laugh. ROFL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Briggs is right.. our next focus to improve....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy