Germany
9/29/2016  6:42 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:Anyone saw 60 minutes???..The Cold War is on full bore..US B2 bombers making runs to Russia over the last year..Each B2 bomber capable of carrying 40,000 lbs of nuclear weapons..We wanted to send a message after Crimea and Ukraine..Crazy stuff, a bit shocking to be honest..Appearently Putin thinks he can use nuclear weapon on a small ex-society NATO state and we are showing him what's possible..One of our nuclear subs are carrying more nukes than some nuclear states..

You make it sound like someone can actually win one of these wars. Heck, we can't even win conventional wars in the middle East.
Let's just stick to our business and try to get America back on track and stop worrying about Ukraine, etc.

And regarding Putin/Russia, they probably don't like the missile offensive (or do we call it defensive?) shield surrounding them, just as we wouldn't want it surrounding us.

We have to learn to get along and not buy into this BS military spending fear campaign. Life is pretty good once you stop watching their news and stop buying into their fear campaign.

Peace out

I was actually trying to spur conversation about a very serious topic in the backdrop of the presidential debate..I'm not sure how you deduce I'm a proponent of nuclear war..Like it or not these issues are real and current..The next president will have to manage the Cold War and our relationship with Russia..I don't think the candidate mentioning Rosie O'Donnell at a presidential debate is qualified to manage our nuclear arsenal...Getting America back on track??.We are still the most dynamic economy on the planet and our growth numbers 1.5/2% is largely due to global growth than our economy..

If you are really a patriot of the United States..Cleary he is unqualified..How do you put party politics ahead of the good of the country and talk about getting the country on track??..Trump is dangerously naive and unprepared...If he doesn't care enough to prepare for a debate why would he do the necessary study of material needed to run this country after becoming president..He is a narcissist..

He mocked the debate preparation process by saying he was at the Westchester Country Club eating cheeseburgers..Do we understand what's at stake here?

You sound too much like ra ra pom pom when it comes to Clinton or the US. We need to all get along is what I'm saying. With nuclear war, there is no us vs them and where did I say you were a proponent? You certainly sound like "we showed them". There are a few who survive, we all lose. Get over "we showed them..." types of mentality. It is a dog and pony show.

I'm not a patriot of the US, I'm a Earthling and see myself as just another person. Patriotism and Nationalism got us into most of these problems.

So, something to think about. I'm so deathly afraid of Clinton being president that I would rather have an underqualified (can't say unqualified cause if Bush could be president, honestly, anyone one of us could.) Trump knows business, Clinton knows politics. I still don't want her anywhere near a red button. Thank God for checks and balances though, regarding either of them. I still think, economically speaking, Trump would be much better for the US. We all know how Bill sold the Chinese, was it nuclear secrets or the like? What a team we'll have in the white house and her main concern, imo, will be fullfilling favors and getting richer. She's in the club, don't you see it?

Speaking of what is at stake, Do you want a woman who is on all kinds of drugs just so she can function? She is sick. And outside of her physical problems, more than one person has come out and defined here as not a very stable person.
Seriously, you are like the Nixluva of Clinton, that is how you come across. She can do no wrong. This is Pepsi or Coke...

When the voting takes place, I'm going to be interested in the exit polls, cause the last few years they suddenly stopped "working".

You assessment of my comments continues to be way off..I have said multiple times in this very thread as well, I don't care for Clinton, yet you claim I cheer for her..Puzzling

I referred to the US flying B2 bombers to Russia as "Crazy stuff, and a bit shocking", yet you say I was selling the message "We showed them"..
I know facts isn't a strong suit for republicans but for our discussions, let's try to stick to them especially when it comes to accusations...Deal??

It is true I am a Patriot of the US..I put the country's interest ahead of all party politics...I also put the US interest ahead of other countries because I live here...Patriotism didn't get us in this mess internationally, Republicans got us in this mess and Tramp wants to put ground troops in Iraq again....

You seems to be concerned with rhetoric you tend to hear on obscure websites that Bill Clinton sold nuclear secrets to the Chinese???..Come on, let engage in serious, known quantity events, from known quantity sources, can we??
So here is my challenge to you..The stock market sold off when Tramp's polls numbers pulled even to Clinton on Friday and was bought back after Clinton won the debate..What do you know that the rest of the planet doesn't know about Tramp???

And as for Tramp's business acumen..His businesses went bankrupt six times, not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but yes, SIX times...And you think he should lead this country based on his business acumen...He took over his father business in 1974 valued at 40 million dollars...If he liquidated his company's assets and bought the S&P 500 index, his portfolio would be valued at 4.266 billion today...Tramp is estimated to be worth less than 1 billion dollars in some quarters..He has under performed all his life, he under performed in the debate...By contrast, Mike Bloomberg started Bloomberg LP in 1981 from scratch, off his own sweat, and now his net worth is 44.5 billion dollars...That is a guy you would want to lead this country if business acumen was your sole criteria, and who did he endorse???????..I hold a higher standard for my Presidents by the way..Are you a better judge of business acumen than Bloomberg????Bloomberg spoke about Tramp's business acumen, you should look it up...

P.S. And he hasn't built anything in the last decade, he is now in the business of selling his name to projects...

Continues? I haven't read the full 80 pages, I jump in and out and was replying to the post I quoted but also noted, as have others, that you seem to cheerlead for Hillary and I don't get it. This really is a lesser of two evils race. And yes you said "crazy" but followed that with "Appearently Putin thinks he can use nuclear weapon on a small ex-society NATO state and we are showing him what's possible..One of our nuclear subs are carrying more nukes than some nuclear states.." That is like saying "my sword is bigger than yours." No harm in that, but that is what I was talking about. Not meaning to pick on you, really.

Your ideas on Patriotism are dangerous. You can't put yourself ahead of others, we are on equal ground and share the planet. I'm an American living in Europe (not why I made the last comment either) and see we need to get along in a big way.

Obscure sites, well, considering the ties of the Clintons to big media, yeah, you will not here it on CNN, FOX, etc, much, maybe in passing.
But a simple search reveals a lot, for starters. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/940025/posts
The cocain trade through Arkansas while Clinton was governor is so crystal clear. That family is just bad news and dark.
And going to Amazon.com and putting in "Clinton" reveals a host of other dark things. These 2 people are not one of us. They serve higher masters, for lack of a better word.
Maybe Trump does to, but I feel he is a loose cannon, not under their control, but who knows.

And sorry, some things you won't find on mainstream, because, well, their in the same club.

You mention rhetoric and then say Tramp, why not say Hitlery too? lol

I don't doubt Trump is gonna have problems, but he is not, for a lack of a better word, evil. Honestly, I and many others, just plain do not trust the Clintons. They are not here for us.
Luckily we have some form of a democracy left, and perhaps Trump can create enough chaos to disrupt the system. Not the answer, but what are our choices? More of the same?

earthmansurfer: as an American living abroad, it makes your perspective more understandable. I am leaning more towards Clinton as this goes on. A Trump presidency is untenable.

You are abroad and safe from American white Christian nationalists that Trump is emboldening. You may be afraid of foreign policy implications of Clinton, I am frightened at the domestic implications of Trump: supporting stop and frisk, psychos like Guiliani and Joe Arapaio in his corner, demonization of Muslims, Mexicans, etc.

This is a real concern. Look at the violence at his rallies the past year. There is a dark underbelly in the US I'm sure you are glad to have an ocean away.

I supported Bernie, was fairly cold on Clinton. But that debate performance crystalized something. He is a danger to our standing abroad and our safety at home, I really believe that. If there is enough people in this country to elect this idiot, we are all in trouble. But we'll catch hell here before you will.

Pretty well said. I do see what you mean about Trump and if he is elected I do fear more division at home. In a way, this is my point, I don't understand how anyone can really support either of these people. I can see favoring one, but when I said Holfresh was waiving the pom poms, I meant it, just from reading his posts.

Man, we are between a rock and a hard place. And the public gets to hear 3 "debates" to decide...

Ideal situation, Hillary can't continue, either health reasons or gets jailed for the email thing, and Bernie is the nominee and wins. Will create other problems but will buy the world time.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/29/2016  7:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  7:48 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:Anyone saw 60 minutes???..The Cold War is on full bore..US B2 bombers making runs to Russia over the last year..Each B2 bomber capable of carrying 40,000 lbs of nuclear weapons..We wanted to send a message after Crimea and Ukraine..Crazy stuff, a bit shocking to be honest..Appearently Putin thinks he can use nuclear weapon on a small ex-society NATO state and we are showing him what's possible..One of our nuclear subs are carrying more nukes than some nuclear states..

You make it sound like someone can actually win one of these wars. Heck, we can't even win conventional wars in the middle East.
Let's just stick to our business and try to get America back on track and stop worrying about Ukraine, etc.

And regarding Putin/Russia, they probably don't like the missile offensive (or do we call it defensive?) shield surrounding them, just as we wouldn't want it surrounding us.

We have to learn to get along and not buy into this BS military spending fear campaign. Life is pretty good once you stop watching their news and stop buying into their fear campaign.

Peace out

I was actually trying to spur conversation about a very serious topic in the backdrop of the presidential debate..I'm not sure how you deduce I'm a proponent of nuclear war..Like it or not these issues are real and current..The next president will have to manage the Cold War and our relationship with Russia..I don't think the candidate mentioning Rosie O'Donnell at a presidential debate is qualified to manage our nuclear arsenal...Getting America back on track??.We are still the most dynamic economy on the planet and our growth numbers 1.5/2% is largely due to global growth than our economy..

If you are really a patriot of the United States..Cleary he is unqualified..How do you put party politics ahead of the good of the country and talk about getting the country on track??..Trump is dangerously naive and unprepared...If he doesn't care enough to prepare for a debate why would he do the necessary study of material needed to run this country after becoming president..He is a narcissist..

He mocked the debate preparation process by saying he was at the Westchester Country Club eating cheeseburgers..Do we understand what's at stake here?

You sound too much like ra ra pom pom when it comes to Clinton or the US. We need to all get along is what I'm saying. With nuclear war, there is no us vs them and where did I say you were a proponent? You certainly sound like "we showed them". There are a few who survive, we all lose. Get over "we showed them..." types of mentality. It is a dog and pony show.

I'm not a patriot of the US, I'm a Earthling and see myself as just another person. Patriotism and Nationalism got us into most of these problems.

So, something to think about. I'm so deathly afraid of Clinton being president that I would rather have an underqualified (can't say unqualified cause if Bush could be president, honestly, anyone one of us could.) Trump knows business, Clinton knows politics. I still don't want her anywhere near a red button. Thank God for checks and balances though, regarding either of them. I still think, economically speaking, Trump would be much better for the US. We all know how Bill sold the Chinese, was it nuclear secrets or the like? What a team we'll have in the white house and her main concern, imo, will be fullfilling favors and getting richer. She's in the club, don't you see it?

Speaking of what is at stake, Do you want a woman who is on all kinds of drugs just so she can function? She is sick. And outside of her physical problems, more than one person has come out and defined here as not a very stable person.
Seriously, you are like the Nixluva of Clinton, that is how you come across. She can do no wrong. This is Pepsi or Coke...

When the voting takes place, I'm going to be interested in the exit polls, cause the last few years they suddenly stopped "working".

You assessment of my comments continues to be way off..I have said multiple times in this very thread as well, I don't care for Clinton, yet you claim I cheer for her..Puzzling

I referred to the US flying B2 bombers to Russia as "Crazy stuff, and a bit shocking", yet you say I was selling the message "We showed them"..
I know facts isn't a strong suit for republicans but for our discussions, let's try to stick to them especially when it comes to accusations...Deal??

It is true I am a Patriot of the US..I put the country's interest ahead of all party politics...I also put the US interest ahead of other countries because I live here...Patriotism didn't get us in this mess internationally, Republicans got us in this mess and Tramp wants to put ground troops in Iraq again....

You seems to be concerned with rhetoric you tend to hear on obscure websites that Bill Clinton sold nuclear secrets to the Chinese???..Come on, let engage in serious, known quantity events, from known quantity sources, can we??
So here is my challenge to you..The stock market sold off when Tramp's polls numbers pulled even to Clinton on Friday and was bought back after Clinton won the debate..What do you know that the rest of the planet doesn't know about Tramp???

And as for Tramp's business acumen..His businesses went bankrupt six times, not one, not two, not three, not four, not five, but yes, SIX times...And you think he should lead this country based on his business acumen...He took over his father business in 1974 valued at 40 million dollars...If he liquidated his company's assets and bought the S&P 500 index, his portfolio would be valued at 4.266 billion today...Tramp is estimated to be worth less than 1 billion dollars in some quarters..He has under performed all his life, he under performed in the debate...By contrast, Mike Bloomberg started Bloomberg LP in 1981 from scratch, off his own sweat, and now his net worth is 44.5 billion dollars...That is a guy you would want to lead this country if business acumen was your sole criteria, and who did he endorse???????..I hold a higher standard for my Presidents by the way..Are you a better judge of business acumen than Bloomberg????Bloomberg spoke about Tramp's business acumen, you should look it up...

P.S. And he hasn't built anything in the last decade, he is now in the business of selling his name to projects...

Continues? I haven't read the full 80 pages, I jump in and out and was replying to the post I quoted but also noted, as have others, that you seem to cheerlead for Hillary and I don't get it. This really is a lesser of two evils race. And yes you said "crazy" but followed that with "Appearently Putin thinks he can use nuclear weapon on a small ex-society NATO state and we are showing him what's possible..One of our nuclear subs are carrying more nukes than some nuclear states.." That is like saying "my sword is bigger than yours." No harm in that, but that is what I was talking about. Not meaning to pick on you, really.

Your ideas on Patriotism are dangerous. You can't put yourself ahead of others, we are on equal ground and share the planet. I'm an American living in Europe (not why I made the last comment either) and see we need to get along in a big way.

Obscure sites, well, considering the ties of the Clintons to big media, yeah, you will not here it on CNN, FOX, etc, much, maybe in passing.
But a simple search reveals a lot, for starters. http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/940025/posts
The cocain trade through Arkansas while Clinton was governor is so crystal clear. That family is just bad news and dark.
And going to Amazon.com and putting in "Clinton" reveals a host of other dark things. These 2 people are not one of us. They serve higher masters, for lack of a better word.
Maybe Trump does to, but I feel he is a loose cannon, not under their control, but who knows.

And sorry, some things you won't find on mainstream, because, well, their in the same club.

I don't doubt Trump is gonna have problems, but he is not, for a lack of a better word, evil. Honestly, I and many others, just plain do not trust the Clintons. They are not here for us.
Luckily we have some form of a democracy left, and perhaps Trump can create enough chaos to disrupt the system. Not the answer, but what are our choices? More of the same?

Well I do support Hillary over Trump which you seem to have a problem with...So if you see poms poms when I post, so be it...

The entire nuclear post was a post of shock not awe...I wasn't aware that we were here again...

You don't know my ideas on Patriotism, so you can't claim them to be dangerous..But the people you support profess patriotism and they have been proven to be dangerous but yet you defend and support them anyway...You can be Patriotic without wanting to wage war around the globe...Yes, it is possible...

Tramp has bilked people out of money from Trump University..
Tramp has squeezed small business owners doing business with him by not paying them
Tramp refused to pay Miss Universe because she got fat
Tramp has used money others donated to charity to pay his own bills and commitments..
Tramp has had 72 law suit against him in federal court, this doesn't include local courts of New York and around the country..
And you tell me the Clintons are bad people...

I'll make it real simple. I won't even disagree with anything you've said.
All of it said, I'm still more afraid of Hillary in the White House as she is an elite. She is serving others who don't have our interests at heart.
There is enough information on the Clintons (bad info) to write many books, which has been done.

And don't mistake my anti Hillary-ism for pro-Trump. To see this as anything other than the lesser of two evils, is my problem. You actually seem to like the lady.

You argument that Hillary is just serving others is nonsense...You have no proof of anything..You rely on obscure websites for your information...Hillary is more qualified to be President than any other candidate running for office today..She has done more to help poor people than any other candidate running for office today..She is more knowledgeable about foreign policy than any other candidate running for office today...He views and that of her husband, has been successful in running this country already..You are supporting a blowhard who brings absolutely nothing to the table in terms of governing..He can barely string a sentence together...The conspiracy right wing has had an irrational hard on for the Clintons for 30+ years and they have been able to prove nothing...Because they have nothing..They are an empty vessel...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/29/2016  7:55 AM
Pretty straight forward but its written at a higher 5th grade reading level and requires a bit of time commitment.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/?ex_cid=2016-forecast
Nalod
USA
9/29/2016  7:59 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

Peace out

Well I do support Hillary over Trump which you seem to have a problem with...So if you see poms poms when I post, so be it...

The entire nuclear post was a post of shock not awe...I wasn't aware that we were here again...

You don't know my ideas on Patriotism, so you can't claim them to be dangerous..But the people you support profess patriotism and they have been proven to be dangerous but yet you defend and support them anyway...You can be Patriotic without wanting to wage war around the globe...Yes, it is possible...

Tramp has bilked people out of money from Trump University..
Tramp has squeezed small business owners doing business with him by not paying them
Tramp refused to pay Miss Universe because she got fat
Tramp has used money others donated to charity to pay his own bills and commitments..
Tramp has had 72 law suit against him in federal court, this doesn't include local courts of New York and around the country..
And you tell me the Clintons are bad people...

I'll make it real simple. I won't even disagree with anything you've said.
All of it said, I'm still more afraid of Hillary in the White House as she is an elite. She is serving others who don't have our interests at heart.
There is enough information on the Clintons (bad info) to write many books, which has been done.

And don't mistake my anti Hillary-ism for pro-Trump. To see this as anything other than the lesser of two evils, is my problem. You actually seem to like the lady.

If you don't vote for Hillary, your voting for Trump. Its a tight race and its a two person race. At this moment in time, this is the choice. A vote for Johnson is a vote for Trump.

I'd prefer we give Obama another year and start the process again and get it right. But that is a fantasy.
The democracy is far from perfect but this is where it took us.

Hillary and Trump.

Nalod
USA
9/29/2016  8:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  9:01 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:As reported in the Charlotte Observer (but buried at the very bottom of a lengthy post), Scott also has a criminal history in North Carolina and South Carolina, dating back to 1992. A public records search shows Scott was convicted in April 2004 of a misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon charge in Mecklenburg County. Other charges stemming from that date were dismissed: felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, and the misdemeanors assault on a child under 12, assault on a female, and communicating threats.

In 1992, Scott was charged in Charleston County, S.C., with several different crimes on different dates, including carrying a concealed weapon (not a gun), simple assault, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He pleaded guilty to all charges. Scott also was charged with aggravated assault in 1992 and assault with intent to kill in 1995. Both charges were reduced, but the disposition of the cases is unclear.

Scott’s criminal record is significant in light of police reports that he was carrying a gun at the time of his fatal encounter with a police officer this week. Under federal law (18 U.S.C 922(g)(1-9)), it is illegal for anyone who has been “convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year” to possess a firearm.

So he deserved to be killed?

I dont want to see anyone die but this was a guy who was a very serious convicted felon(who spent almost 7 years in jail for shooting someone) Ther was a reason why the cops acted the way they did--I think the backround of this man gives the police a big benefit of the doubt. I mean no one I know has done 6 years of hard time for shooting another person or committing crime on someone under 12? this wasnt the nicest person in the world by a longshot. The m ore I read about many "victims" of police violence not dependent on color creed race---more likely than not these people have significant pasts. When a felon puts a gun on his person when he should not have one--you take a chance that you may not come home. Thats on him

This is a common tactic. Discredit the victim to the point we don't feel bad over what happened. I see this over and over. Black americans jump to conclude they were victimized and whites looking for justifications.

In this situation Scott regardless of his record deserved equal treatment, if not, its discrimination. Plain and simple.

Miss Latina gets slammed by making sure her less than pure status AFTER her Miss Universe win and prejudiced comments some how make it OK? Fact is, Trump called her those names at the time. Its a pattern he has demonstrated for year that he lacks the compassion and understanding to be leader. An autocratic business organization is one thing. If we consider the symptoms of his deplorable followers (just half now, not everyone) that enables them to act as they are, then its a small sample of what could be. We have seen similar actions in history when charismatic dictators take power and work a crowd yearning for leadership in the wrong direction. Trumps base, the white undedicated feel left behind by globalization and loss of manufacturing here in this country. This is a growing trend based on economics, not trade deals. Its a trend based on technology, not insensitivity. Disruptive technology has been prevalent since the industrial revolution. Laying blame is what politics like to do. Sometimes its just inevitable.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/29/2016  9:09 AM
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:As reported in the Charlotte Observer (but buried at the very bottom of a lengthy post), Scott also has a criminal history in North Carolina and South Carolina, dating back to 1992. A public records search shows Scott was convicted in April 2004 of a misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon charge in Mecklenburg County. Other charges stemming from that date were dismissed: felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, and the misdemeanors assault on a child under 12, assault on a female, and communicating threats.

In 1992, Scott was charged in Charleston County, S.C., with several different crimes on different dates, including carrying a concealed weapon (not a gun), simple assault, and contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He pleaded guilty to all charges. Scott also was charged with aggravated assault in 1992 and assault with intent to kill in 1995. Both charges were reduced, but the disposition of the cases is unclear.

Scott’s criminal record is significant in light of police reports that he was carrying a gun at the time of his fatal encounter with a police officer this week. Under federal law (18 U.S.C 922(g)(1-9)), it is illegal for anyone who has been “convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year” to possess a firearm.

I dont want to see anyone die but this was a guy who was a very serious convicted felon(who spent almost 7 years in jail for shooting someone) Ther was a reason why the cops acted the way they did--I think the backround of this man gives the police a big benefit of the doubt. I mean no one I know has done 6 years of hard time for shooting another person or committing crime on someone under 12? this wasnt the nicest person in the world by a longshot. The m ore I read about many "victims" of police violence not dependent on color creed race---more likely than not these people have significant pasts. When a felon puts a gun on his person when he should not have one--you take a chance that you may not come home. Thats on him

This is a common tactic. Discredit the victim to the point we don't feel bad over what happened. I see this over and over. Black americans jump to conclude they were victimized and whites looking for justifications.

In this situation Scott regardless of his record deserved equal treatment, if not, its discrimination. Plain and simple.

Miss Latina gets slammed by making sure her less than pure status AFTER her Miss Universe win and prejudiced comments some how make it OK? Fact is, Trump called her those names without.

Yup, Trayvon Martin was just a young thug who viciously attacked Zimmerman who killed him in self defense. Now Trayvon has been dead so we won't know what was in store for his life. As for Zimmerman today you won't find many people putting up the same type of defense for his character vs Trayvon which they were quick to do during g the trial.

To spark conversation Nalod the deeper problem though is that people in positions of power and the wealthy aren't held accountable to the level that poor and poor black are. And this seems to be acceptable in our society.

We often hear how people need to be accountable for their actions and accountable for their decisions. And that the poor are that way due to their decisions etc. That they don't work hard enough and are lazy. That they are just looking for something for nothing. Yet Police can commit crimes and just get another job in another town. Banks can cause a great reccession and get bail outs without much repercussion. The two people running for President of the US can have tax and email scandals. The dude from Wells Fargo bank can manipulate his stock to flget him $200mil in profit then when **** hits the fan can fire hundreds of low level employees to cover his ass.

Accountability only seems convenient to push around when speaking on the poor and poor black who tend to be held the most accountable.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
9/29/2016  9:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  9:25 AM
Another positive for voting for Hillary is that if Trump were to get elected, then the Republicans would control all 3 branches of the Federal gov't - Executive(President); Legislature (Congress) ; Judiciary (Supreme Court with new appointees).
IMO, this is a disaster for the country.

The Republicans winning is even a bigger disaster for minorities and inner city people.
For example, a few days ago, the Senate Democrats voted down a bill to extend the financing of the US gov't. This at first sounds bad....but the reason.....the Republicans, led by Mitch McConnell refused to add a spending provision to send financial aid to the city of Flint, Michigan so they can provide safe drinking water for the people of Flint. It has been over a year since the Flint water crisis began. The majority of the population of Flint are African Americans. Yesterday, under extreme pressure from the Dems, the Republicans finally added a provision for funding drinking water for Flint, and the bill was overwhelmingly passed.

Bottom line: The Democrats support blacks and minorities; the Republicans don't.
Hillary and Tim Kaine will work to make ALL of America great.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/29/2016  9:34 AM
JesseDark wrote:Newsweek is breaking a story tomorrow of Trump doing business with Cuba during the embargo.

Wow, thanks for the heads up Jesse... it dropped this morning:
http://www.newsweek.com/2016/10/14/donald-trump-cuban-embargo-castro-violated-florida-504059.html

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/29/2016  9:40 AM
holfresh wrote:Gary Johnson being Gary Johnson...Polling at 9% folks...

I'm not a supporter of Gary but man, he's really let me down recently. I really thought he was more serious and poised and would have been a voice worth hearing at least. I appreciate the self-deprecation with him realizing it's another "Aleppo moment" but for Christ's sake. He couldn't pull a name out of an issue of the Economist he might have read in the last six months?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
H1AND1
Member: #5648

9/29/2016  11:50 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:

I'm not a supporter of Gary but man, he's really let me down recently. I really thought he was more serious and poised and would have been a voice worth hearing at least. I appreciate the self-deprecation with him realizing it's another "Aleppo moment" but for Christ's sake. He couldn't pull a name out of an issue of the Economist he might have read in the last six months?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/29/2016  11:56 AM
Nalod wrote:Pretty straight forward but its written at a higher 5th grade reading level and requires a bit of time commitment.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/?ex_cid=2016-forecast

fire baaaaad!!!!!

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/29/2016  3:23 PM

I fail to see how past criminal records really matter. Nothing I read said the police had this information, so it is not like they based their decision on it. The only thing that matters is whether the person threatens the officers, which Scott did not do. This is the same non-sense as with Trayvon Martin. I had a co-worker talking about Trayvon got expelled for weed, as if that is some justification for him being killed by Zimmerman. Now everyone sees how much of an unstable person Zimmerman is and how he essentially murdered Trayvon Martin. THe police shot Scott when he did not make any threatening move towards them. That is clear from the video. The other problem I have is these police shootings often occur over minor traffic activities. I mean if the only thing you have on a person is a minor traffic offense, i would think it would be better for the police the leave the person alone rather than shoot them. If you are going to have a country in which people have a right to carry a gun, then you cannot have police just shooting people because they have a gun unless the person actually raises the gun to use it against the police.

Trust the Process
holfresh

9/29/2016  3:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  3:41 PM

This is how I want to be arrested after committing mass murder...Dylan was worked up after this and was feeling a little hungry so they took him to Burger King after all the commotion..
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/29/2016  4:01 PM
this is going to be beautiful to watch being a long short over the next 2 years. Just watch. Whoever is President it won't matter
RIP Crushalot😞
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/29/2016  4:02 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:

Ha ha, what a pair of fools

Nalod
USA
9/29/2016  5:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:this is going to be beautiful to watch being a long short over the next 2 years. Just watch. Whoever is President it won't matter

Another pump and dump your working today?

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/29/2016  5:51 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Miss Latina gets slammed by making sure her less than pure status AFTER her Miss Universe win and prejudiced comments some how make it OK? Fact is, Trump called her those names without.

Yup, Trayvon Martin was just a young thug who viciously attacked Zimmerman who killed him in self defense. Now Trayvon has been dead so we won't know what was in store for his life. As for Zimmerman today you won't find many people putting up the same type of defense for his character vs Trayvon which they were quick to do during g the trial.

To spark conversation Nalod the deeper problem though is that people in positions of power and the wealthy aren't held accountable to the level that poor and poor black are. And this seems to be acceptable in our society.

We often hear how people need to be accountable for their actions and accountable for their decisions. And that the poor are that way due to their decisions etc. That they don't work hard enough and are lazy. That they are just looking for something for nothing. Yet Police can commit crimes and just get another job in another town. Banks can cause a great reccession and get bail outs without much repercussion. The two people running for President of the US can have tax and email scandals. The dude from Wells Fargo bank can manipulate his stock to flget him $200mil in profit then when **** hits the fan can fire hundreds of low level employees to cover his ass.

Accountability only seems convenient to push around when speaking on the poor and poor black who tend to be held the most accountable.

Lived for 3 years in Trayvon Martin's neighborhood, left before it happened. There were tons of of crazy ass "Zimmermans" of all types back then. Its fla unfortunately, its amazing how many people there just look for trouble.
Welpee
Member: #6239

9/29/2016  7:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Welpee wrote:

holfresh

9/29/2016  8:15 PM
Fear, Anxiety, and Depression in the Age of Trump
http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2016/09/trump_induced_anxiety_is_a_real_thing.html

Carol Wachs, a psychologist in private practice in Manhattan, recently started seeing an old patient again. The client had first sought treatment for anxiety following the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11. Now she was worried about a new menace: Donald Trump and his zealous supporters. The patient, Wachs says, comes from a family of Holocaust survivors, and “it feels to her like all the stories she heard from her grandparents about how things feel normal and then all of the sudden, oh my God, here we are.”
Michelle Goldberg Michelle Goldberg

According to Wachs, the election casts a shadow on many of her patients. “If I have seven patients in a day, it comes up in six sessions, maybe five,” she says. “Sometimes I’ll have a session where people will say, ‘Let’s not talk about what’s going on in the election, it’s so upsetting.’ ”

With the presidential race staggering into its final stretch, the once inconceivable prospect of a Trump victory is becoming, if not likely, then definitely possible. (As of this writing, FiveThirtyEight gives Trump a 42.4 percent chance of prevailing, though that might change by the time you read this.) As that reality sets in, a hallucinatory sense of slow-motion doom is descending on many liberals. (Though not only on liberals.) Victims of Trump-induced anxiety describe nightmares, insomnia, digestive problems, and headaches. Therapists find themselves helping their patients through a process that feels less like an election than a national nervous breakdown.

“People are scared,” says Fiachra “Figs” O’Sullivan, a psychotherapist in San Francisco who specializes in relationships. “People are distressed, and it’s affecting their level of presence in their relationships with their significant others.” Dorie Chamberlain, a 54-year-old stay-at-home mom in Los Angeles who says she talks about Trump every time she goes to therapy, says watching the election “is like living in a house where everybody screams.”
Get Slate in your inbox.

There is, of course, no way to quantify the scope of mental anguish caused by Trump’s campaign; these stories are entirely anecdotal. There are, however, a lot of anecdotes, as I discovered when I started speaking to both therapists and panicking voters. I’ve covered four elections as a journalist, but this is the first one to regularly poison my dreams; at least once a week I wake up in the middle of the night in clammy, agitated horror. I was curious if other people were suffering in similar ways, so I reached out to a therapist I know. She queried two email lists of mostly New York–based colleagues, asking them to contact me if they’d seen Trump-related distress in their practices. Responses quickly started pouring in; soon I had almost a dozen.

Some of the therapists told me they are talking their patients through their Trump terror while trying not to succumb to it themselves. “The therapists that I know are pretty overwhelmed by managing their personal feelings, which we have to do and we’re doing, but it’s a lot,” says psychologist Heather Silvestri. She belongs to a meditation group for therapists and says the election comes up in every session.

Of course, not everyone beset by Trumpian maladies is in therapy. About two weeks ago, Liz, a 45-year-old photographer in suburban Minneapolis who asked to be identified only by her first name, started noticing alarming symptoms: headaches, jitteriness, tightness in her chest, sometimes even difficulty breathing. She went to her physician, who said it sounded like she was suffering from anxiety. “I thought, huh, I don’t even have a stressful job. I don’t know what that can be,” she says. Then she went home and turned on the news, “and all the sudden the symptoms came back with a fury.” She realized that thinking about Trump was affecting her health.

Liz hasn’t agreed with past Republican candidates, she says, but she didn’t think they would “ruin my country, or cause civil war, or cause World War III.” But her fear also stems from her incredulous realization that so many of her fellow citizens inhabit a reality that barely intersects with her own. “I can no longer see where they’re coming from,” she says of Trump supporters. “I feel like I’m in The Twilight Zone.” Even if Clinton wins, she’s terrified of Trump’s followers responding with violence. “We’re getting closer and closer and closer to something that seems so insane,” she says, “The thought of him winning, or even the thought of her winning and parts of the country imploding in chaos as a result—it all just seems like a nightmare.”

Some therapists talk their patients through their Trump terror while trying not to succumb to it themselves.

The anxiety is encroaching on her relationships, Liz says. Sometimes she’ll delay putting her 9-year-old daughter to bed because she’s so caught up in the news. Socially, she can’t always focus. “I’m strained in my conversation because of something I may have just heard” about the campaign, she says. She’s making an effort to cut back on her news consumption and is thinking of taking up meditation. “There’s a true need here to figure out ways to cope, because as the next 50 days count down, I don’t anticipate it’s going to get any better,” she says. “Probably far worse.”

But meditation, for all its benefits, is not a panacea. Sharon Salzberg, the renowned Buddhist meditation instructor, was teaching this past Sept. 11. “During the lunch break I checked my email or Twitter or something, and it just said, ‘Hillary Clinton fainted,’ ” she tells me. “And I almost fainted. Oh my God!” Salzberg certainly finds profound comfort and stability in her meditation training, but she’s on edge like other liberals. “When I see my mind starting to trip out, I remind myself, just come back, deal with what’s now,” she says.
160922_POL_Trump-Anxiety-T

Fear of a Trump presidency is a normal human reaction, of course, not a clinical condition. A vertiginous sense of unreality is a symptom of an anxiety attack, but it is also a symptom of being a thinking person in America in the fall of 2016. People with anxiety disorders tend to imagine that catastrophe is imminent, but in this case they may not be wrong. “You can’t pathologize this anxiety,” says Andrea Gitter, a New York psychotherapist and member of the faculty at the Women’s Therapy Centre Institute. “People who are marginalized to begin with know that they are targets because of the hatred that’s been unearthed.” Gitter says the election comes up daily in her practice.

Still, therapists have to help their clients manage their feelings and live their lives, however astonishing it might seem that normal life is going on while the republic teeters on the edge of kakistocracy. Kimberly Grocher, a psychotherapist in New York, says she talks to patients about their Trump-induced political distress several times a week. “It’s really pervasive, and it’s really come into the treatment room,” she says. “Usually it’s combined with other anxiety triggers that they may be having, and it can cause sleeplessness, restlessness, feeling powerless. It can lead to feelings of depression.”

Grocher is black, and many of her clients are people of color. For several of them, she says, anxiety about the election is linked to worries about the physical safety of their communities. They wonder what the outcome will mean for police violence; Trump has said urban police should be “much tougher” and recently called for the nationwide adoption of stop-and-frisk. “For the minorities who I see, and even the Caucasians who I see, that issue has been very closely tied to the election,” Grocher says. “Usually the two come up in conversation together. It’s about, What’s going to happen in my community if this person is in office?”

Sometimes the election’s psychic fallout takes less obvious forms. Silvestri, for example, has noticed a curious phenomenon among some of the millennial women in her practice: The rise of Trump has made them wonder how much they can reasonably expect from romantic relationships. Trump embodies some of the worst aspects of their ex-boyfriends, men who were “self-aggrandizing, self-important, not amenable to collaboration, cooperation, etc.,” Silvestri says. “When you break up with someone you need space, and they’re feeling like they can’t get space because their ex is sort of incarnate all over the news.”

Instead of feeling excited about the possibility of the first female president, some women feel ground down.

It’s not just that Trump reminds them of their exes. It’s that Trump’s success seems to validate the men’s behavior. “They had gotten themselves to a place of, This is not what I deserve, I deserve better, I can do better,” Silvestri says. But watching dutiful, responsible Clinton struggle to best Trump, “people are really backtracking and saying, ‘I made this move to be more empowered and be who I am based on my values, but now I see my ex writ large on the national stage, and everyone’s following him,’ ” Silvestri says. They start thinking that, for a woman, maybe being beautiful really is more important than being smart, assertive, and authentic. “What happens in microcosm on a Friday night,” she says, is now playing out on the national stage. “The men have the power, and [the women] are trying to be a better version of themselves, but it doesn’t play well.”

Part of what Silvestri is describing is a sad and fretful confusion over which traits our culture admires in women and which it disdains. For older women who identify with Clinton, there is less confusion and more anguished realization of the degree to which aging women are held in contempt. “For a year, I’ve been hearing in very hushed tones all this sadness,” Wachs says. “Women who thought that women have more stature in the world hear how young men and older men are talking about this female candidate—the misogyny, the focus on her appearance, the focus on the cool factor.”

Instead of feeling excited about the possibility of the first female president, these women feel ground down. “Some people are terrified of Trump because he’s a fascist demagogue, and some people are just incredibly demoralized that Bernie, who we all love, is your cool, funky, uncle, and Hillary is Nurse Ratched,” Wachs says.

This demoralization could help explain why more people are not channeling their anti-Trump anxiety into action to prevent his election. “I think people are paralyzed by it,” Silvestri says. “I see it in myself, too. In Obama’s previous campaigns, I was out there campaigning in Pennsylvania from July or August on. I have not ventured to Pennsylvania yet. I’m too overwhelmed. Nor have any of my friends mentioned anything so far in terms of actually being out there, involved.”

Silvestri can’t quite put her finger on what’s kept her aloof from the campaign. “It’s hard to be passionate about her, and I feel bad saying that, but I don’t feel passionate about her,” she says. “How much of that is endemic sexism? I don’t know.”

Naturally, a Clinton critic would attribute the lack of passion to Clinton’s weaknesses as a candidate. That’s surely some of it. But Wachs sees deeper, more elemental drives at work. She notes that for some people, fear of Trump translates into fury at Clinton. “There’s a lot of blame on Hillary, the way you would blame your mother for something going wrong in the world,” Wachs says. “People blame Hillary for not being a better candidate. How can it be that he’s able to be a good candidate?”

Perhaps it’s inevitable that therapists would trace all this anxiety back to people’s relationships with their parents. But one needn’t be a psychoanalyst to appreciate the way the election can serve as a fun house mirror of old family trauma. “There’s overall a preoccupation with parental failure,” Michael Mance, a clinical psychologist in New York, says of his patients. “One might hypothesize that Trump represents a particular kind of very difficult father—an untrustworthy, persecutory, and frightening father—and Hillary represents a kind of toxic, unloving, and secretive mother.” There’s a sense, he says, that “somebody’s going to fail us. I think that presents people with a lot of discomfort, which is hard to manage.” There’s no authority that can protect us from the calamity on the horizon. It’s like a child’s bad dream. It’s also our reality.

holfresh

9/29/2016  10:02 PM
Trump foundation lacks certification to solicit donations..
Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy