[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/27/2016  9:35 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Dr. Howard Dean raising the possibility Donald Trump uses cocaine

Hilarious

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

9/27/2016  9:36 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Dr. Howard Dean raising the possibility Donald Trump uses cocaine

Dean is an idiot.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh

9/27/2016  9:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
holfresh wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Please go on, you don't even understand simple English words.

I understand that everything Hofstra said is correct..

Everything Hofstra said is about as wrong as it can be. Anyone who thinks banks rely on interest earnings from savings accounts and CDs for their working capital shouldn't be holding a discussion on economics. I posted a WSJ article that shows banking profits at all time highs during the years with the lowest interest rates in history. You can sit here and pretend that it doesn't exist, but you haven't provided jack to support anything you said.

BTW - I never said anything about the prime rate being based on the 10 yr note, I was talking about bank lending (primarily mortgages - google 30 yr mortgage rate and see if its based on the 10 year bond yield or not). But reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your thing.

Anyway, I think I have embarrassed you enough for one night.

POGS

Hofstra probably works in a bank or is a market professional..

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/27/2016  9:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2016  9:40 PM

I guess Hillary had Sammy the snake hanging out in her clothes staring with the box 3/4down her back that ran up to her head?????

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman

9/27/2016  9:51 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
holfresh wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Please go on, you don't even understand simple English words.

Everything Hofstra said is about as wrong as it can be. Anyone who thinks banks rely on interest earnings from savings accounts and CDs for their working capital shouldn't be holding a discussion on economics. I posted a WSJ article that shows banking profits at all time highs during the years with the lowest interest rates in history. You can sit here and pretend that it doesn't exist, but you haven't provided jack to support anything you said.

BTW - I never said anything about the prime rate being based on the 10 yr note, I was talking about bank lending (primarily mortgages - google 30 yr mortgage rate and see if its based on the 10 year bond yield or not). But reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your thing.

POGS

Edit - my bad - I did mistakenly post (10 yr bond) next to prime rate -different post, they are separate

your wasting your time. Once his mind is made up there is zero that you can say or even definitively prove that will change his mind.

People assume that others follow the same logical reasoning patterns that they do because it makes sense but it unfortunately does not work that way. And what is really funny is the most illogical people are the ones who throw out the word "logic" the most yet they have no clue that they are so illogical (not specifically talking about holfresh here).

You can start a conversation with someone who says that "I believe that its possible for the knicks to win x number of games", you respond with, "sure, thats possible but its highly improbable. There whole team has spent 80% of their careers on injured list", they respond with "any team has the possibly of having injuries", you say "but those other teams don't have the same track records for players with injuries", they respond with "but this other team did it and they have players who are the same tall", you say "wtf does tall have to do with it?", next thing your know 40 posters are swarming in and labeling you a hater cause you are not a believer. Then EnySpree comes in and says "yeah, go ahead and try to use logic but they don't get logic cause they are racists. Only racists don't believe that the knicks will not win x games", then JRODMC comes in and closes the whole incident with a few sarcastic knicks hater jokes that are actually quite funny, then the next day is groundhog day.

holfresh

9/27/2016  10:04 PM
mreinman wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
holfresh wrote:

POGS

Edit - my bad - I did mistakenly post (10 yr bond) next to prime rate -different post, they are separate

your wasting your time. Once his mind is made up there is zero that you can say or even definitively prove that will change his mind.

People assume that others follow the same logical reasoning patterns that they do because it makes sense but it unfortunately does not work that way. And what is really funny is the most illogical people are the ones who throw out the word "logic" the most yet they have no clue that they are so illogical (not specifically talking about holfresh here).

You can start a conversation with someone who says that "I believe that its possible for the knicks to win x number of games", you respond with, "sure, thats possible but its highly improbable. There whole team has spent 80% of their careers on injured list", they respond with "any team has the possibly of having injuries", you say "but those other teams don't have the same track records for players with injuries", they respond with "but this other team did it and they have players who are the same tall", you say "wtf does tall have to do with it?", next thing your know 40 posters are swarming in and labeling you a hater cause you are not a believer. Then EnySpree comes in and says "yeah, go ahead and try to use logic but they don't get logic cause they are racists. Only racists don't believe that the knicks will not win x games", then JRODMC comes in and closes the whole incident with a few sarcastic knicks hater jokes that are actually quite funny, then the next day is groundhog day.

Cross dresser, you sound scarred...

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/27/2016  10:20 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

I guess Hillary had Sammy the snake hanging out in her clothes staring with the box 3/4down her back that ran up to her head?????

Err... They were both wearing lapel mics.

Infowars is aptly named... a war on an informed public it seems.

You are a grown ass man BRIGGS. You are better than that.

Have Daddy Trump read you a bedtime story, like Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves. Oh wait... too Muslim.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/27/2016  10:43 PM
BRIGGS wrote:

All of her clothes have bullet proof vests built into them.

¿ △ ?
mreinman

9/27/2016  10:50 PM
crzymdups wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

All of her clothes have bullet proof vests built into them.

well then that sniper better be perfect to hit that tiny lil vest.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/27/2016  11:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/27/2016  11:35 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
holfresh wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:
mreinman wrote:
holfresh wrote:By the way..Trump contradicts himself which is no surprise..He claims the economy is in shambles yet thinks the FED should raise rates...When the economy is in shambles then you lower rates..

is that really a one to one? Many other factors there such as the bond market and inflation.

I'm not sure what you mean one to one..

sometimes raising the rates can help the economy. Rates do not necessarily follow the lead of the progression of the economy.

Lowering rates is only really helping the banks. It is encouraging them to take more and more unrealistic risks and generate even more profit for themselves. It has almost no benefit for the average Joe. Wasn't always like this, but this how **** works now, it's the new normal. More wealth is being created and the middle-class is getting poorer as a percent of the overall economy.

No..Banks make more money when rates are higher..they can charge higher interest on their products.. A low interest rate environment helps consumers and business because loans are cheaper..People buy houses and car etc..Rates are kept low to spur economic growth..Low rate helps the stock market as well..People invest in equities when yield is low which is why Trump refer to a stock market bubble...etc..

You may want to check your facts. Banks make money by charging a premium on top of one of the basic rates most frequently the 10 year bond rate. When the bond rate is 2℅ and the market supports 4℅ they are making 2℅ profit. When the bond rate is zero percent in the same market they are making 4℅ profit. As the bond rate goes higher the lending rate goes higher demand falls they make less money.

Sorry....but banks make more money in a high interest rate environment. Just check earnings and stock prices, for any major bank, during this long low interest period. No one wants to own a bank equity in low interest cycles. Low interest rates also generate less working capital for banks as no one wants to put money into savings, money market, or CD accounts when rates are low. Less access to money gives banks less Capital to put to work and generate income. Yes, they can borrow federal funds but the spread is so small, its hard for them to produce profits. And as you can see with your mortgage payment, banks are making the lowest amounts off loans in decades. They would much rather Be making a lot more interest than currently available.

Here you go Hofstra - Check out the real data - 30 yr Mortgage, 10 yr TNOTE and the spread between 30 yr mortgage - fed funds rate.
During high interest rates the spread for banks to borrow against fed funds rate and lend at 30 yr mortgage rate was NEGATIVE, they were losing money by lending when it was at or near the highest rates. That same spread was close to the highest it has been around 2009-2010 - peak of the recession. You do the math. BAC stock peaked during 2007 height of the RE bubble, super low interest rates and WFC stocks peaked in 2015 still very low interest rates.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/graph/?g=7sre

Questions?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

9/27/2016  11:08 PM
mreinman wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
holfresh wrote:

POGS

Yep, he seems to be about as reasonable as Briggs

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/28/2016  12:18 AM
They were both miked up with wireless.
They are little black boxes.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
9/28/2016  2:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  2:45 AM
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:Anyone saw 60 minutes???..The Cold War is on full bore..US B2 bombers making runs to Russia over the last year..Each B2 bomber capable of carrying 40,000 lbs of nuclear weapons..We wanted to send a message after Crimea and Ukraine..Crazy stuff, a bit shocking to be honest..Appearently Putin thinks he can use nuclear weapon on a small ex-society NATO state and we are showing him what's possible..One of our nuclear subs are carrying more nukes than some nuclear states..

You make it sound like someone can actually win one of these wars. Heck, we can't even win conventional wars in the middle East.
Let's just stick to our business and try to get America back on track and stop worrying about Ukraine, etc.

And regarding Putin/Russia, they probably don't like the missile offensive (or do we call it defensive?) shield surrounding them, just as we wouldn't want it surrounding us.

We have to learn to get along and not buy into this BS military spending fear campaign. Life is pretty good once you stop watching their news and stop buying into their fear campaign.

Peace out

I was actually trying to spur conversation about a very serious topic in the backdrop of the presidential debate..I'm not sure how you deduce I'm a proponent of nuclear war..Like it or not these issues are real and current..The next president will have to manage the Cold War and our relationship with Russia..I don't think the candidate mentioning Rosie O'Donnell at a presidential debate is qualified to manage our nuclear arsenal...Getting America back on track??.We are still the most dynamic economy on the planet and our growth numbers 1.5/2% is largely due to global growth than our economy..

If you are really a patriot of the United States..Cleary he is unqualified..How do you put party politics ahead of the good of the country and talk about getting the country on track??..Trump is dangerously naive and unprepared...If he doesn't care enough to prepare for a debate why would he do the necessary study of material needed to run this country after becoming president..He is a narcissist..

He mocked the debate preparation process by saying he was at the Westchester Country Club eating cheeseburgers..Do we understand what's at stake here?

You sound too much like ra ra pom pom when it comes to Clinton or the US. We need to all get along is what I'm saying. With nuclear war, there is no us vs them and where did I say you were a proponent? You certainly sound like "we showed them". There are a few who survive, we all lose. Get over "we showed them..." types of mentality. It is a dog and pony show.

I'm not a patriot of the US, I'm a Earthling and see myself as just another person. Patriotism and Nationalism got us into most of these problems.

So, something to think about. I'm so deathly afraid of Clinton being president that I would rather have an underqualified (can't say unqualified cause if Bush could be president, honestly, anyone one of us could.) Trump knows business, Clinton knows politics. I still don't want her anywhere near a red button. Thank God for checks and balances though, regarding either of them. I still think, economically speaking, Trump would be much better for the US. We all know how Bill sold the Chinese, was it nuclear secrets or the like? What a team we'll have in the white house and her main concern, imo, will be fullfilling favors and getting richer. She's in the club, don't you see it?

Speaking of what is at stake, Do you want a woman who is on all kinds of drugs just so she can function? She is sick. And outside of her physical problems, more than one person has come out and defined here as not a very stable person.
Seriously, you are like the Nixluva of Clinton, that is how you come across. She can do no wrong. This is Pepsi or Coke...

When the voting takes place, I'm going to be interested in the exit polls, cause the last few years they suddenly stopped "working".

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
mreinman

9/28/2016  4:53 AM
Nalod wrote:They were both miked up with wireless.
They are little black boxes.

I thought it was her bullet proof vest?

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
9/28/2016  7:32 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:Guilliani suggesting that Trump shouldn't show up for the rest of the debates...That's what a butt whooping feels like folks...

Here you go Briggs.......
She can be yours again!

She was under rated in her day But alas sometimes we fall out of love

I will have to agree with you on that. Hillary actually was quite attractive when she was younger.

Trust the Process
TheGame
USA
9/28/2016  7:39 AM
Howard Dean suggesting that Trump snorts cocaine is freaking hilarious.

It really is sad the state of our country. There just does not appear to be any true visionary leaders today that we can look up to to guide this country to where we need to go. Both Trump and Hillary are not America's best candidates for president. I thought the Obama/McCain/Sarah Palin election was a circus, but that election was downright dignified compared to what we have now to choose from.

I wish Bernie Sanders had won. The race would already be over.

Trust the Process
TheGame
USA
9/28/2016  7:47 AM
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it. Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome. I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us? Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

BRIGGS- you are entitled to your opinion but saying "I think he wants to do a good job for everyone" is not a basis for voting for a guy. Trump's proposals make no economic sense. It does not matter how much you want to do a good job, if you are going to follow flawed strategies, you are going to fail. You cannot cut taxes on the rich, build a wall on the southern border, raise defense spending, without also massively increasing the federal debt. Do you really trust that Trump will not get mad at some off-comment by some world leader and decide he wants to go to war? The guy has no self-control. Do you really trust that Trump is not going to say some stupid comment that is going to damage our relationships around the world. I understand you don't like Hillary. I am not a huge fan of her either. But Trump is a train wreck waiting to happen. Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing, and just because Trump is going to bring chaos does not mean we come out the back end in any better shape.

Trust the Process
JesseDark
Member: #467
9/28/2016  8:21 AM
Trump's debate incompetance a slap in the face to his supporters

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/trumps-debate-incompetence-a-slap-in-the-face-to-his-supporters/

Good article for the NYPost, speaks to the delusion that some have that Trump won the debate.

Bring back dee-fense
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/28/2016  8:47 AM
JesseDark wrote:Trump's debate incompetance a slap in the face to his supporters

http://nypost.com/2016/09/27/trumps-debate-incompetence-a-slap-in-the-face-to-his-supporters/

Good article for the NYPost, speaks to the delusion that some have that Trump won the debate.

It depends on what "winning the debate" means. On an intellectual level, Hillary won by a landslide. But if winning the debate means moving the polls in your favor, we'll have to wait and see. I'm really not sure what will happen with the polls. Hillary won on the issues but I think Donald's way of speaking connects with more people.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2016  9:07 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
JesseDark wrote:Trump's debate incompetance a slap in the face to his supporters

It depends on what "winning the debate" means. On an intellectual level, Hillary won by a landslide. But if winning the debate means moving the polls in your favor, we'll have to wait and see. I'm really not sure what will happen with the polls. Hillary won on the issues but I think Donald's way of speaking connects with more people.
it does and you would think Dems would have learned their lesson with Kerry who constantly talked above people's heads and couldn't connect with the general population who didn't understand what he was saying. People cant handle details... they do much better with "My way is better", "your way stinks" and "we can do this better"

leaving out facts and logic is a good thing at times... at least when dealing with the general population

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy