[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?
Author Thread
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/2/2016  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  1:14 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it. Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome. I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us? Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

Briggs, Trump has openly courted white nationalists, they are making robocalls for him. Trump's deals almost always work great for Trump and lousy for everyone else. Trump vs. Clinton should be called "Election 2016, Pick your Poison."

Real talk: If you ask me to choose between the candidate that mainstream black leaders are rallying behind, or the candidate that fringe white nationalists are rallying behind... come on, son. What you think I'm gonna do?

Now I won't call Trump a racist but he plays footsie with racists, he plays footsie with birthers. A true believer maybe not, but any American his age who pretends he doesn't know what David Duke is about is either an idiot or a liar. Charleston was a year ago... it's a disgrace. He's in our corner?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/2/2016  1:17 PM
Nalod wrote:"no thank you" is a cop out!!!!

Supreme court justices, likely two hangs in the balance. That does filter down to our every day lives.
The court on Wednesday split on N.C. discriminatory actions to limit minority voting. If Scalia was alive, it would likey have stood.
Few things scare me more than the far swing to the right.

Yes, Hilary has made a money grab. Get in line.
Where was all this outrage when the Bush Family was raking in the cash?
This all about a women doing things men have been doing for decades and we want some sweet grandma "Barbara Bush" type women?
Think Bengazi is the first embassy we ever lost? Far from it. Its the first that we went on a bipartisan witch hunt on.
Im not a raving Hilary lover but if she is "crooked" then Trump is 10x worse!

BTW, he lost me when he slammed John McCain and called him a "Loser" for getting captured in war. Most disgusting think I ever heard a candidate every say!
When some disillusioned Purple heart recipient gave his metal to Trump he said "Cool, I always wanted one of these"!!! That is wrong as so many levels.
Trump is the guy that got out of Vietnam by a sham docter letter. That's ok, but don't take another mans metal!!!
This guy is rotten to the core.
Made fun of a disfigured reporter? He looked like a dumb teenager in need of maturity! Not a 70 year old man of "substance".
Bans reporters from papers with a history of fact checking?

Obama was gonna take your guns. Didn't happen. Obama was gonna take the Ammo. Prices went up. Gun dudes fall for this crap all the time. president can't take away a constitutional amendment.
ChickenSHyt NRA pansies now blasting that rhetoric? How many times we going to get taken by that lobby?

Nothing Hilary has done even comes close to what this guy is about!
No doubt its a Shyt Show but a 25billion dollar wall cheered by ignorant white uneducated gun lovers who fall for fear mongering crap over and over is validation enough for me that I can't vote for trump and if you don't vote for Hilary you might end up with him!

Stand up and vote for the democracy. This country has never been perfect but we cannot succumb to fearful ignorance and a right wing agenda that moves us away from the beacon of light that is our constitution!!!!!
We are a country of compassion and justice, not "America First".

I disagree that Trump is more dangerous than Hillary. Most of the problems this country faces began or were accelerated during the Clinton presidency. Policies which Secretary Clinton fully supported at the time. Someone who took a very visible role in her husband's administration. No traditional first lady was she (yoda)

Even though she has reversed herself on the TPP, the head of her campaign and her pick for VP are ardent supporters for this trade pack. If it passes the Supreme Court will take a back seat to 3 corporate lawyers who will decide any lawsuit brought by a corporation against the US, and the US govt will not have any recourse. Its effectively ceding control of our govt to multi-national corporations. Trump is against the trade pack, Clinton I guarantee will support it again when elected. They both present horrific problems for this country if elected.

GustavBahler

9/2/2016  1:19 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it. Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome. I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us? Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

Briggs, Trump has openly courted white nationalists, they are making robocalls for him. Trump's deals almost always work great for Trump and lousy for everyone else. Trump vs. Clinton should be called "Election 2016, Pick your Poison."

Real talk: If you ask me to choose between the candidate that mainstream black leaders are rallying behind, or the candidate that fringe white nationalists are rallying behind... come on, son. What you think I'm gonna do?

Now I won't call Trump a racist but he plays footsie with racists, he plays footsie with birthers. A true believer maybe not, but any American his age who pretends he doesn't know what David Duke is about is either an idiot or a liar. Charleston was a year ago... it's a disgrace. He's in our corner?

I dont blame you under the circumstances. I do reject the notion that Hillary is a safer bet for this country. Different set of problems.

DrAlphaeus

9/2/2016  1:22 PM
Nalod wrote:Nate
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-as-the-race-tightens-dont-assume-the-electoral-college-will-save-clinton/
CT for Trump??

Pshaw to your advanced stats! BRIGGS is using the lawn sign test. It's the eye test of politics.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/2/2016  1:24 PM
I don't think Trump is a racist, nor do I think his father was. But they sure as hell participated in discrimination in their rentals.
Whats the difference? Not much. Sociopaths don't see the harm they cause in pursuit of their objectives. This is a Trump trademark in his personal or business.
I suppose this is what many believe makes him want to succeed, and thus "He screwed minorities, ex-wives, contractors, bond holders, investors, and the government! He knows how to play the system and now he'll do it for us!!"

I do believe Trump wants to be president, but its for him, not the people. Maybe the only shred of hope is he'll want to go down in history on a positive note. I can't fathom a history like his can conclude favorably.
At worst Hilary is "Nixon". She has championed causes before and this was before the money. Her early years right out of college is very different than Trump.
Our country has a problem with women in power. Actually, Men have a problem with it.

DrAlphaeus

9/2/2016  1:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I dont blame you under the circumstances. I do reject the notion that Hillary is a safer bet for this country. Different set of problems.

In regards to "what do minorities have to lose" — free trade geopolitics isn't as scary to me as a Trump administration with Sheriff Joe and Giuliani in the cabinet, or white Christian nationalism on the ascendant in our politics.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/2/2016  1:40 PM

Supreme court justices, likely two hangs in the balance. That does filter down to our every day lives.
The court on Wednesday split on N.C. discriminatory actions to limit minority voting. If Scalia was alive, it would likey have stood.

This all about a women doing things men have been doing for decades and we want some sweet grandma "Barbara Bush" type women?
Think Bengazi is the first embassy we ever lost? Far from it. Its the first that we went on a bipartisan witch hunt on.

BTW, he lost me when he slammed John McCain and called him a "Loser" for getting captured in war. Most disgusting think I ever heard a candidate every say!
When some disillusioned Purple heart recipient gave his metal to Trump he said "Cool, I always wanted one of these"!!! That is wrong as so many levels.
Trump is the guy that got out of Vietnam by a sham docter letter. That's ok, but don't take another mans metal!!!
Made fun of a disfigured reporter? He looked like a dumb teenager in need of maturity! Not a 70 year old man of "substance".

Obama was gonna take your guns. Didn't happen. Obama was gonna take the Ammo. Prices went up. Gun dudes fall for this crap all the time. president can't take away a constitutional amendment.
ChickenSHyt NRA pansies now blasting that rhetoric? How many times we going to get taken by that lobby?

No doubt its a Shyt Show but a 25billion dollar wall cheered by ignorant white uneducated gun lovers who fall for fear mongering crap over and over is validation enough for me that I can't vote for trump and if you don't vote for Hilary you might end up with him!

Stand up and vote for the democracy. This country has never been perfect but we cannot succumb to fearful ignorance and a right wing agenda that moves us away from the beacon of light that is our constitution!!!!!

"No, Thank you" might be a cop out. Particularly, since I know that a Plurality is good enough to win. So, maybe I vote Johnson (a little better than "meatball") as he has real ideas, but no chance to win. As far as I am concerned, he just deserves a spot in the debates. Not likely to happen as they change the measure by which he gets included.

You can say "vote for democracy", but don't those words ring hollow given what we saw regarding the establishment forcing our hands in the DNC? Bernie never had a chance.

Neither does Johnson.

Do we?

This is the Randle.
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/2/2016  1:56 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

"No, Thank you" might be a cop out. Particularly, since I know that a Plurality is good enough to win. So, maybe I vote Johnson (a little better than "meatball") as he has real ideas, but no chance to win. As far as I am concerned, he just deserves a spot in the debates. Not likely to happen as they change the measure by which he gets included.

You can say "vote for democracy", but don't those words ring hollow given what we saw regarding the establishment forcing our hands in the DNC? Bernie never had a chance.

Neither does Johnson.

Do we?

I really don't agree with the people who want vote for guys like Nader, Bernie, Johnson or Stein. While I agree with the platform those people represent, they can't win. At least we can get SOME of those things done with Hillary. The reality is that it's either Trump or Hillary. Hillary may be hugely flawed but MOST of what she wants to do, along with the Democrats, is going to be for the benefit of a majority of Americans. If not for the Republicans intentionally blocking nearly everything Obama wanted to do, we'd be in MUCH better shape right now. We wasted years of lower wages and missed opportunity due to Republican obstruction. Infrastucture used to be something everyone agreed on but just to try and make Obama fail Republicans have blocked it and other normally positive initiatives to make the country's economy grow. Not to mention all the regressive laws restricting voting rights.

I'm 100% convinced that it's better to have Hillary in there than Trump. Just imagine the Supreme Court justices and lower court justices that Trump and the Republicans would put in there. If you vote for Johnson you are risking a Trump Supreme Court and a shift way to the RIGHT! Don't do it.

holfresh
Member: #1081

9/2/2016  2:01 PM
Nalod wrote:I don't think Trump is a racist, nor do I think his father was. But they sure as hell participated in discrimination in their rentals.
Whats the difference? Not much. Sociopaths don't see the harm they cause in pursuit of their objectives. This is a Trump trademark in his personal or business.
I suppose this is what many believe makes him want to succeed, and thus "He screwed minorities, ex-wives, contractors, bond holders, investors, and the government! He knows how to play the system and now he'll do it for us!!"

I do believe Trump wants to be president, but its for him, not the people. Maybe the only shred of hope is he'll want to go down in history on a positive note. I can't fathom a history like his can conclude favorably.
At worst Hilary is "Nixon". She has championed causes before and this was before the money. Her early years right out of college is very different than Trump.
Our country has a problem with women in power. Actually, Men have a problem with it.

Oh yeah??..So what was that whole Birther thing about..Wanting to see Obama's birth certificate...What about the stuff about Obama being born in Kenya..Why does Trump get the hall pass for blatant racism??
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
9/2/2016  2:04 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:

Neither does Johnson.

Do we?

Yeah that's true and it stinks. If the establishment had been pushing for Bernie as hard as they did for Hillary, he would be the nominee right now. I wish Joe Biden had run. He'd probably be up by 15 points in the polls over Trump.
DrAlphaeus

9/2/2016  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  2:25 PM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:I don't think Trump is a racist,...

Oh yeah??..So what was that whole Birther thing about..Wanting to see Obama's birth certificate...What about the stuff about Obama being born in Kenya..Why does Trump get the hall pass for blatant racism??

I think the birther=racist thing is easy for Trumpites to dance around. "Oh he was just asking a valid question" blah blah blah. I don't buy it, and personally think his Kenyan heritage and Arabic middle name just made people go nuts. But the David Duke thing — there is absolutely no excuse.

This is how you disavow a douchebag like that:

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/02/29/how-trump-acknowledged-david-duke-on-cnn-in-199/208892

In an interview on Larry King Live on November 19, 1991, Trump acknowledged Duke's support as representing "anger" and "hostility." When King said that President "Bush morally had to come out against him," Trump agreed that "Bush had to come out against him." Here is a transcript of that show, via Nexis:

KING: Did the David Duke thing bother you? Fifty-five percent of the whites in Louisiana voted for him.

Mr. TRUMP: I hate-

KING: Four hundred New Yorkers contributed.

Mr. TRUMP: I hate seeing what it represents, but I guess it just shows there's a lot of hostility in this country. There's a tremendous amount of hostility in the United States.

Or this way...

"The Reform Party now includes a Klansman, Mr. Duke, a neo-Nazi, Mr. Buchanan, and a communist, Ms. Fulani," he said in his statement. "This is not company I wish to keep."

Not this way!

Well, just so you understand, I don’t know anything about David Duke. OK? I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So, I don’t know.

It's tough to write this off as "stupid rhetoric". It's willful amnesia of what he stood for 20-25 years ago in exchange for the votes of white nationalists.

But... What the hell do we have to lose?

GustavBahler

9/2/2016  2:38 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

In regards to "what do minorities have to lose" — free trade geopolitics isn't as scary to me as a Trump administration with Sheriff Joe and Giuliani in the cabinet, or white Christian nationalism on the ascendant in our politics.

Yup, its why I said it was understandable. Minority groups in this country have more immediate concerns with Trump. Make no mistake however, these trade pacts will hit minorities first, and hit them hardest. Its why I dont like the outcome either way.

holfresh
Member: #1081

9/2/2016  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  2:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Neither does Johnson.

Do we?

Yeah that's true and it stinks. If the establishment had been pushing for Bernie as hard as they did for Hillary, he would be the nominee right now. I wish Joe Biden had run. He'd probably be up by 15 points in the polls over Trump.

I'm far from a Clinton supporter...This is an important election given the Sumpreme Court..So Hilary over Trump any day of the week and twice on Sunday..Bernie lost me because none of his proposals were possible..He never said how he would pay for them...So if he was peddling 4 mega spending projects without any possible way of paying for it, then what was he really going to do as President??

Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
9/2/2016  2:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  2:51 PM
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Neither does Johnson.

Do we?

I'm far from a Clinton supporter...This is an important election given the Sumpreme Court..So Hilary over Trump any day of the week and twice on Sunday..Bernie lost me because none of his proposals were possible..He never said how he would pay for them...So if he was peddling 4 mega spending projects without any possible way of paying for it, then what was he really going to do as President??

He didn't really propose anything that other less wealthy countries haven't been able to do though.
DrAlphaeus

9/2/2016  2:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2016  3:10 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yup, its why I said it was understandable. Minority groups in this country have more immediate concerns with Trump. Make no mistake however, these trade pacts will hit minorities first, and hit them hardest. Its why I dont like the outcome either way.

I hear you. She needs to be held accountable for her leftward turn on those issues, and I think at least that's a possibility with her, so long as the Berniecrats and left wing of her party holds her to it. If she doesn't keep her word, she won't survive for a second term.

JesseDark
Member: #467
9/2/2016  3:53 PM
Republican party has to make a legitimate effort to gain the black vote not try to suppress it as the did in North Carolina.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/inside-the-republican-creation-of-the-north-carolina-voting-bill-dubbed-the-monster-law/2016/09/01/79162398-6adf-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html?tid=sm_tw

It's laws like these that help answer the question "what do we have to lose." I could never vote republican.
The NC voter id law was overturned and rejected for Supreme court hearing.

Bring back dee-fense
Nalod
USA
9/2/2016  4:16 PM
Nalod wrote:I don't think Trump is a racist, nor do I think his father was. But they sure as hell participated in discrimination in their rentals.
Whats the difference? Not much. Sociopaths don't see the harm they cause in pursuit of their objectives.
This is a Trump trademark in his personal or business.

IM splitting hairs here. One is just as despicable as the other.
Racism is not illegal unless you discriminate.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/2/2016  4:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

I disagree that Trump is more dangerous than Hillary. Most of the problems this country faces began or were accelerated during the Clinton presidency. Policies which Secretary Clinton fully supported at the time. Someone who took a very visible role in her husband's administration. No traditional first lady was she (yoda)

Even though she has reversed herself on the TPP, the head of her campaign and her pick for VP are ardent supporters for this trade pack. If it passes the Supreme Court will take a back seat to 3 corporate lawyers who will decide any lawsuit brought by a corporation against the US, and the US govt will not have any recourse. Its effectively ceding control of our govt to multi-national corporations. Trump is against the trade pack, Clinton I guarantee will support it again when elected. They both present horrific problems for this country if elected.

Not even getting into the specifics of which candidate is against what.

You do understand trade agreements are not passed without congressional approval, correct?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/2/2016  4:24 PM
Hillary will win as did Obama. Republicans will continue to lose to modern era Democrats/socialists which make up most of America will continue to push racism as our #1 problem in America. The comments here are a microcosm of today's society. Hillary is supposedly less racist therefore she should win. The hell with anything else
Nalod
USA
9/2/2016  4:29 PM
JesseDark wrote:Republican party has to make a legitimate effort to gain the black vote not try to suppress it as the did in North Carolina.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/courts_law/inside-the-republican-creation-of-the-north-carolina-voting-bill-dubbed-the-monster-law/2016/09/01/79162398-6adf-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html?tid=sm_tw

It's laws like these that help answer the question "what do we have to lose." I could never vote republican.
The NC voter id law was overturned and rejected for Supreme court hearing.

I have middle of the road Republicans that are voting for Hillary to preserve the democracy from turning too far!!! This shyt in N.C. is over the top. If Scalia was still alive he likey votes with uphold the bill.
That our standing president gets blocked by republican majority ANY NOMINEE for the supreme court in the manner to which they are is insane.

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy