Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2016  10:44 AM
martin wrote:
djsunyc wrote:do people actually believe trump to do and accomplish what he says he wants to do? he thinks being president is like being a dictator and he's run his campaign in that manner.

the republican party has done everything they can to stop obama from doing a lot of the things he wanted to do. whether you agree or not, it proves that for anything to happen in this country, the president and the senate/house all have to be in agreement. in fact, obama had to make a lot of concessions to get stuff passed.

and with the strong divide between both parties getting even worse as time goes by, no president will be allowed to really do everything they want unless that party controls government. mccain flat out said the republican party will not endorse any supreme court judge clinton nominates. seriously, wtf? that's how fractured our political system is.

the only thing you can go on with trump is his history as a business man. and it's proven to be a very bad, corrupt and shady history. he filed for bankruptcy 6 times. that is...PATHETIC. he hasn't paid people. and he's been a racist in his real estate dealings. that's just his business dealings - nothing about his personal life. there has been no groundswell of support throughout his entire campaign from people lauding his business and how he has made them rich. and that's supposed to be his calling card.

trump has proven he is only successful at one thing - conning people out of their money. and he's very very good at it. and it's translated fantastically into the political world.

well said

yup yup

AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

10/26/2016  10:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  10:47 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Hope you and your families stay healthy next year cuz Obamacare is going to double in premiums--you sckers want to pay more in taxes and healthcare while illegal immigrants pay zilch---real F smart.

I agree with you. I don't want to pay more Taxes and definitely Obamacare is horrid.

And this is why Trump supporters get made fun of. Not because we know what your IQ is or your level of education (we don't know or care).

But because of the stupid things you say publicly without realizing they're stupid.

This what Democrates do best jump on a pedestal thinking they know all. Who here likes to pay more taxes. Obamacare is an experience I'm living with so I know it to be horrid. It's the experience I had between my old insurance and this current one. I mentioned nothing about voting for anyone simple put it is a statement.

You replied affirmatively to a statement that clearly indicates a misunderstanding of what the Affordable Care Act is, how it works, and what was just announced.

But if you have firsthand experience with the ACA, why not share your experience? Why did you move from our old plan to 'Obamacare.' I'd be interested in your story.

And not for nothing but who here likes to pay more taxes is a pointless platitude.

What I want is to pay my fair share of taxes (which I actually do want to pay so I can drive over bridges and not swim across rivers and my parents can benefit from medicaid. I don't think I'd like a tax-free society. What also I want is for my taxes to be uses as efficiently as possible.

"Less" simply has no value other than shortsighted self-interest.

I understand it's suppose to be affordable but it's not working for me as my old insurance was as affordable and it cover most everything. The deductibles along are to costly. My insurance covers only 75% my old one covered 80% no deductible.

I assume switching was not your choice?

How come? What forced the switch?

I assume you don't qualify for the subsidies?

Not at all my choice. I was insured through my wife. The company she worked for got sold for $10 billion to another company. She worked in a lab the new company shut the lab down and sent it out to London. Basically putting a lot of people out of work. Our jobs going over seas yeah they are saw it first hand. This is on Long Island.

Needed insurance I'm self employed so Obamacare. She gets an offer in Dallas as a contract worker they don't give insurance to contract workers so Obamacare.

So I'm genuinely asking here. It sounds like before the affordable care act, the options in your situation would be to be uninsured or paying for private health care, and as a former freelancer years ago, I know that is extremely expensive.

I'm sympathetic your plan on the exchange isn't as good as your wife's formerly employer provided plan. But as a matter of policy are you suggesting the ACA should be repealed taking away that option or that it should be improved (or written better originally)?

Yeah, I don't get it either. The comparison shouldn't be between his wife's old insurance and Obamacare. It should be between what his options would've been before Obamacare vs. what's available to him now. I bet if that was examined he'd realize he's better off with Obamacare vs. being out there trying to get insurance on his own without it or just rolling the dice being uninsured.
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

10/26/2016  10:55 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Open up your ears and listen

Michael Moore has been crying from the rooftops to liberals trying to explain the Trump phenomenon and warning that he could certainly win. But he isn't endorsing Trump. He endorsed Clinton.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2016  11:04 AM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Michael Moore has been crying from the rooftops to liberals trying to explain the Trump phenomenon and warning that he could certainly win. But he isn't endorsing Trump. He endorsed Clinton.

Maybe hsi words will resonate with people who btch about the status quo but also ACCEPT the status quo. I mean whats a world like without 20mm illegal immigrants sitting in our hospitals driving up health care costs and not paying taxes. Whats a world like with less drugs poring into the Southern border so our children can consume them. Yeah go vote for Hillary and well--dont btch about anything else cause I cant here ya and that goes for 1/2 the nation. Go fck with the upper middle class and elitists--theyre helping everyone else our right. :)

RIP Crushalot😞
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/26/2016  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  11:12 AM
correlating voting for hillary as accepting the status quo is eating what trump is feeding you.

hillary is gangsta - she is going to put her stamp on being the first woman president. it may be good, it may be bad but it will not be the status quo.

and voting for a woman is not accepting the status quo at all. accepting status quo is voting for the rich old white guy regardless of what he's saying. history's shown he doesn't follow through with his rhetoric.

djsunyc
10/26/2016  11:15 AM
hillary will have you killed, literally.

trump when face to face with the mexican president, didn't even bring up the wall. i'm curious as to why he has to grab pu$$y when he's just one giant pu$$y to begin with.

these are just jokes people.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/26/2016  11:20 AM
djsunyc wrote:do people actually believe trump to do and accomplish what he says he wants to do? he thinks being president is like being a dictator and he's run his campaign in that manner.

the republican party has done everything they can to stop obama from doing a lot of the things he wanted to do. whether you agree or not, it proves that for anything to happen in this country, the president and the senate/house all have to be in agreement. in fact, obama had to make a lot of concessions to get stuff passed.

and with the strong divide between both parties getting even worse as time goes by, no president will be allowed to really do everything they want unless that party controls government. mccain flat out said the republican party will not endorse any supreme court judge clinton nominates. seriously, wtf? that's how fractured our political system is.

the only thing you can go on with trump is his history as a business man. and it's proven to be a very bad, corrupt and shady history. he filed for bankruptcy 6 times. that is...PATHETIC. he hasn't paid people. and he's been a racist in his real estate dealings. that's just his business dealings - nothing about his personal life. there has been no groundswell of support throughout his entire campaign from people lauding his business and how he has made them rich. and that's supposed to be his calling card.

trump has proven he is only successful at one thing - conning people out of their money. and he's very very good at it. and it's translated fantastically into the political world.

I think Trump will try his best to do what he says. The difference between him and say Obama - Obama said he would bring change and the first thing he did was bring in the prior administrations cabinet. I don't think Trump will do that.

I don't see Trump as wanting to get into politics, I see him as being forced into politics due to the levels of corruption he has witnessed and he see's the country slipping away.

But to get to the root of things, our political system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. If Trump does do what he says he is going to do, his life will be in danger.

Again, Trump has used the system as it allows it to be used. (e.g. Bankruptcy) And like Clinton he doesn't have any large convictions over his head, but that doesn't fool any of us. But the levels are just plain different. Clinton has helped a corrupt system to be more corrupt. For all the bad things Trump has supposedly done, it still is not in the same ballpark as what the Clintons have done (e.g. war & murder e.g. Libya, deep state corruption e.g. Quid pro quo with FBI, etc.

If he does become president, he is going to point the finger and yell at those who are stalling change - we can probably all agree on that. I just see him being a big thorn in the side of corruption.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/26/2016  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  11:27 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Maybe hsi words will resonate with people who btch about the status quo but also ACCEPT the status quo. I mean whats a world like without 20mm illegal immigrants sitting in our hospitals driving up health care costs and not paying taxes. Whats a world like with less drugs poring into the Southern border so our children can consume them. Yeah go vote for Hillary and well--dont btch about anything else cause I cant here ya and that goes for 1/2 the nation. Go fck with the upper middle class and elitists--theyre helping everyone else our right. :)

Illegal immigrants not paying taxes???..They are paying more tax than Trump, who wants to deport them..But please, educate yourself, look at the numbers...Just looking a the courts, it would cost between 400 billion to 600 billion to deport 11 million illegal immigrants...And the hit to our economy???..Glad you asked...

"Overall, removing all undocumented immigrants would cause private sector output to decline by between $381.5 billion and $623.2 billion. This translates to a 2.9 percent to 4.7 percent reduction in total annual output from the private sector."

http://www.businessinsider.com/cost-deporting-undocumented-immigrants-study-2016-5

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/26/2016  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  11:45 AM
If you'd like to find another writer who actually focuses on that topic and not have Clinton is using the Russians as an excuse to draw attention from it, I'd be glad to consider it. Given the weight of the topic, I'd imagine that won't be difficult to do.

But yeah, I'd appreciate seeing an article ABOUT that if you'd like to talk about that.

You have yet to comment about Clinton and Podesta and the Uranium deal discussed in this article. Instead, You pivot and deflect

Not at all. I'm saying what I mean and intend outright and directly. I will comment on it when I see a good sourced story on it. The one you cited was not. If you can provide that in the next few minutes, my on topic reply will be a few minutes after.

Don't let me wiggle out of it. Hold me to it. I'm on record. Give me a good link and remind of my words. Don't let the topic slide. Stay on it.

Okay?

I like how you give me homework when you don't answer the questions except to say the source was invalid. Yet, another distraction. his article is sourced a lot.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/fbidoj-investigating-hillarys-campaign-managers-podesta-group-ties-to-russia/

I have no faith that the DOJ and FBI will find anything that a reasonable prosecutor would bring charges against Podesta or the CF.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/us/cash-flowed-to-clinton-foundation-as-russians-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html?_r=1

Apparently there is a book, Clinton Cash, and tt seems to be the source behind many articles.

Probably biased in your view, but I bet it has the details you are looking for, without blaming Russia for the hacks as it was written before the Podesta emails were hacked and leaked. IT apparently has details about many CF cash flows.

Trump's incompetence and ill-preparedness and the degree in which he is temperamentaly (sic) unsuited is much, much more severe.

In my view, they are equally dangerous. He is not POTUS material. She is disqualified to because, at the very least, she had an unsecured email server in her bathroom at home and on that server, classified info was stored. Anybody that classically stupid or arrogant, should not be POTUS.

Did I get my homework in on time?

djsunyc
10/26/2016  11:28 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:For all the bad things Trump has supposedly done, it still is not in the same ballpark as what the Clintons have done (e.g. war & murder e.g. Libya, deep state corruption e.g. Quid pro quo with FBI, etc.

what he has done is sexually assualted women and racially profiled. so for the type of power he could inflict on others, he may not have the power to inflict it globally or policy wise, but in relation to the power he did have, he's done very bad things...believe me :)

it's all relative. his temperament and HISTORY shows he will do whatever he wants regardless of the ramifications as long as it benefits him. some may ocrrelate "him" in that sentence to the US if he's president but i don't. i correlate "him" with "him and only him".

reub
Member: #6227

10/26/2016  11:30 AM
Why isn't he POTUS material? Because he hasn't been in the government his whole life? To me that's a good thing. He has run multi-billion dollar businesses and has the energy of 1000 Hillarys.
djsunyc
10/26/2016  11:32 AM
holfresh wrote:Illegal immigrants not paying taxes???..They are paying more tax than Trump, who wants to deport them..But please, educate yourself, look at the numbers...Just looking a the courts, it would cost between 400 billion to 600 billion to deport 11 million illegal immigrants...And the hit to our economy???..Glad you asked...

"Overall, removing all undocumented immigrants would cause private sector output to decline by between $381.5 billion and $623.2 billion. This translates to a 2.9 percent to 4.7 percent reduction in total annual output from the private sector."

http://www.businessinsider.com/cost-deporting-undocumented-immigrants-study-2016-5

GET RID OF ALL OF THEM!!! YEAH!!! HIT THE BRICKS!!!

oh wait, you mean i have to replace those $5/hour people i pay with $10/hour people. yeah well i can't afford that. now what?

deportation is not the answer to this very very complex and difficult economic problem. it sounds cool but that's like answering "C" for every question on a multiple choice exam - you may get some right here or there but ultimately you fail.

you can deport some illegal immigrants but not all of them. that's just some straight unfiltered BULLSHIT.

djsunyc
10/26/2016  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  11:33 AM
reub wrote:Why isn't he POTUS material? Because he hasn't been in the government his whole life? To me that's a good thing. He has run multi-billion dollar businesses and has the energy of 1000 Hillarys.

not at all. it's b/c his life until now has not been one of an upright citizen that's tried to help his community combined with some very sexist and racist events.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
10/26/2016  11:35 AM
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Hope you and your families stay healthy next year cuz Obamacare is going to double in premiums--you sckers want to pay more in taxes and healthcare while illegal immigrants pay zilch---real F smart.

I agree with you. I don't want to pay more Taxes and definitely Obamacare is horrid.

And this is why Trump supporters get made fun of. Not because we know what your IQ is or your level of education (we don't know or care).

But because of the stupid things you say publicly without realizing they're stupid.

This what Democrates do best jump on a pedestal thinking they know all. Who here likes to pay more taxes. Obamacare is an experience I'm living with so I know it to be horrid. It's the experience I had between my old insurance and this current one. I mentioned nothing about voting for anyone simple put it is a statement.

You replied affirmatively to a statement that clearly indicates a misunderstanding of what the Affordable Care Act is, how it works, and what was just announced.

But if you have firsthand experience with the ACA, why not share your experience? Why did you move from our old plan to 'Obamacare.' I'd be interested in your story.

And not for nothing but who here likes to pay more taxes is a pointless platitude.

What I want is to pay my fair share of taxes (which I actually do want to pay so I can drive over bridges and not swim across rivers and my parents can benefit from medicaid. I don't think I'd like a tax-free society. What also I want is for my taxes to be uses as efficiently as possible.

I understand it's suppose to be affordable but it's not working for me as my old insurance was as affordable and it cover most everything. The deductibles along are to costly. My insurance covers only 75% my old one covered 80% no deductible.

Not at all my choice. I was insured through my wife. The company she worked for got sold for $10 billion to another company. She worked in a lab the new company shut the lab down and sent it out to London. Basically putting a lot of people out of work. Our jobs going over seas yeah they are saw it first hand. This is on Long Island.

Needed insurance I'm self employed so Obamacare. She gets an offer in Dallas as a contract worker they don't give insurance to contract workers so Obamacare.

So I'm genuinely asking here. It sounds like before the affordable care act, the options in your situation would be to be uninsured or paying for private health care, and as a former freelancer years ago, I know that is extremely expensive.

I'm sympathetic your plan on the exchange isn't as good as your wife's formerly employer provided plan. But as a matter of policy are you suggesting the ACA should be repealed taking away that option or that it should be improved (or written better originally)?

Yeah, I don't get it either. The comparison shouldn't be between his wife's old insurance and Obamacare. It should be between what his options would've been before Obamacare vs. what's available to him now. I bet if that was examined he'd realize he's better off with Obamacare vs. being out there trying to get insurance on his own without it or just rolling the dice being uninsured.

I don't think you guys are understanding employers now don't have to provide insurance they simply get you to sign a waiver opting out of insurance. Then your basically sent to Obamacare. The comparison between the previous insurance and Obamacare illustrates that it was better when the employer provide the insurance. You got more coverage and no deductibles.

DrAlphaeus

10/26/2016  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  11:42 AM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I don't think you guys are understanding employers now don't have to provide insurance they simply get you to sign a waiver opting out of insurance. Then your basically sent to Obamacare. The comparison between the previous insurance and Obamacare illustrates that it was better when the employer provide the insurance. You got more coverage and no deductibles.

But in this case, aren't you and your wife not technically employees? You are freelance. When you say she's a "contract worker" is she W-2 or 1099?

djsunyc
10/26/2016  11:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  11:43 AM
the rule (as of jan 1, 2015) is that all employers with 50 or more full time employees must provide health care coverage or else pay a tax penalty.

https://www.zanebenefits.com/blog/bid/289948/does-my-employer-have-to-provide-health-insurance

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2016  11:46 AM
I can't for the life of me vote for a racist narcissistic sociopath. Like a lot has already said in this thread, his supposed strength is business yet he has filed bankruptcy 6 times. I don't like that business model. Basically it is the League of Assasins business model. Destroy it and then build it up.

I don't like Hillary either but I will vote for her because I don't want that ******* running my country. It's as simple as that.

gr33d
Member: #1097
USA
10/26/2016  11:46 AM
holfresh wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Illegal immigrants not paying taxes???..They are paying more tax than Trump, who wants to deport them..But please, educate yourself, look at the numbers...Just looking a the courts, it would cost between 400 billion to 600 billion to deport 11 million illegal immigrants...And the hit to our economy???..Glad you asked...

This article is just focusing on dollars lost from the output of illegal workers...

What is the cost of illegal immigrants in terms of health care?

Illegal immigrants who have (free of charge) anchor babies in the US are also entitled to free formula, medication, foods stamps.

Then comes education- which is completely free, as well as lunch programs, after school care, etc.

Were any of these costs factored into the article? No chance.

Wait until these undocumented immigrants have papers and now want access to unemployment, federal/state tax refunds and social security that they were previously not entitled to...

"If you ain't first, you're last" - Ricky Bobby
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/26/2016  11:47 AM
Vmart wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Vmart wrote:

There is an employer mandate provision in Obamacare...Before Obamacare, small business didn' have to provide insurance...

The ObamaCare Employer Mandate / Employer Penalty, originally set to begin in 2014, was delayed until 2015 / 2016. ObamaCare’s “employer mandate” is a requirement that all businesses with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees (FTE) provide health insurance to at least 95% of their full-time employees and dependents up to age 26, or pay a fee by 2016. Below we clarify how each aspect of the mandate affects employees and employers.

DrAlphaeus

10/26/2016  11:50 AM
I was freelance for 5 years after the Recession. Uninsured for some of it, and then got insurance through the Freelancers Union. They had their own insurance and medical practice that was pretty good. When the Affordable Care Act kicked in, my insurance was grandfathered for another year and then I was essentially forced off, luckily was able to get health care through employment.

I remember the time before I got the Freelancers plan and before "Obamacare"... it was nerve-wracking. I couldn't get a plan for anything less than $700/month or something crazy. If it wasn't for the Freelancers Union plan I don't know what I would have done for the 3-4 years before the ACA kicked in. It's definitely not perfect and they blew some smoke up our asses promoting it... and us Fidel Castro types knew once the "public option" was off the table it would come out limping anyway.

I say this all the time: for all the talk about "job creators" — there is WAY too much burden on true job creators — freelancers, people who create their own jobs. I feel for you Vmart. It's rough out there.

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy