Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?
Author Thread
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

10/24/2016  11:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  11:03 PM
Reading a long form article in The Atlantic right now:

How Democrats Killed Their Populist Soul
In the 1970s, a new wave of post-Watergate liberals stopped fighting monopoly power. The result is an increasingly dangerous political system.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/how-democrats-killed-their-populist-soul/504710/
All the Democrats in this thread especially need to read this. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on it.

I'm about halfway done... particularly interesting in light of the AT&T/TimeWarner merger. Trump has expressed serious doubt — as CNN is on Trump's Enemies list — as has Kaine more weakly. Haven't heard anything from Hills on that one.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #858
Germany
10/25/2016  4:56 AM
Nalod wrote:earthman, the volley that Trump supporters use to offset his deficits was a sound strategy to help him.
Problem was not his choice of words, but he admitted he sexually assaults women. "Locker room talk" is one thing.
But then 11 women have come out of nowhere to rat him out. He can't sue them because he admitted to it on the video.
What is his defense? Bill Clinton. Old news there. Special prosecutors tried and could not get him on anything.
How many times have they gone after the Clintons and come out with nothing?
Imagine Trump being deposed for 11 hours as they did Hilary? He'd come undone. Still to come is trump university.
A lot of the suspected "Crooked" stuff mentioned is often out of context or time was not right. Her foundation pays out 90% and has been combed over.
Assumptions are always if there is not clear answer, then it must be a crime.
Trump is constantly saying things, and then denies it. We have heard numerous statements.
He didn't even register his Foundation.
State attorney General in florida got a fat check and they didn't persue Trump university?
The list goes on and on...........

We are talking two different levels of corruption.
I don't see how you can compare sexual assault to invading a country and killing tens of thousands of people (and destroying their water treatment system, installing a western bank and making sure their gold back money never see's the light of day, going against expert military advisors, etc.), Arming ISIS, a trail of 40 or so dead people her and her husband left in their wake, Banghazi and on and on.

As far as criminality goes, Hillary is on another planet. She should be in prison for the rest of her life, along with the remnants of a corrupt system that she helps to support.
And who knows, if Trump does win, she might well go to prison and then we can look forward to some real change.

And now the poll oversampling, she certainly has her bases covered.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/25/2016  7:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  8:36 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
Nalod wrote:earthman, the volley that Trump supporters use to offset his deficits was a sound strategy to help him.
Problem was not his choice of words, but he admitted he sexually assaults women. "Locker room talk" is one thing.
But then 11 women have come out of nowhere to rat him out. He can't sue them because he admitted to it on the video.
What is his defense? Bill Clinton. Old news there. Special prosecutors tried and could not get him on anything.
How many times have they gone after the Clintons and come out with nothing?
Imagine Trump being deposed for 11 hours as they did Hilary? He'd come undone. Still to come is trump university.
A lot of the suspected "Crooked" stuff mentioned is often out of context or time was not right. Her foundation pays out 90% and has been combed over.
Assumptions are always if there is not clear answer, then it must be a crime.
Trump is constantly saying things, and then denies it. We have heard numerous statements.
He didn't even register his Foundation.
State attorney General in florida got a fat check and they didn't persue Trump university?
The list goes on and on...........

We are talking two different levels of corruption.
I don't see how you can compare sexual assault to invading a country and killing tens of thousands of people (and destroying their water treatment system, installing a western bank and making sure their gold back money never see's the light of day, going against expert military advisors, etc.), Arming ISIS, a trail of 40 or so dead people her and her husband left in their wake, Banghazi and on and on.

As far as criminality goes, Hillary is on another planet. She should be in prison for the rest of her life, along with the remnants of a corrupt system that she helps to support.
And who knows, if Trump does win, she might well go to prison and then we can look forward to some real change.

And now the poll oversampling, she certainly has her bases covered.

Didn't I "unearth" the facts on this already, maybe two times??..Didn't I show you chronologically that France particularly, and the UK were the ones who started the Libyan conflict which was reported by everyone except your underground news??..Are you now trying to re-write history or are you starting the conflict months later than the actual date when the US joined the conflict???..Why is it Trump and his supporters get to ignore facts??..If they aren't allowed to ignore facts then they don't have any ground to stand on...Like Trump is actually leading in the polls???What polls???..Says who???

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2016  9:08 AM
uh oh! The IBD poll that conservatives love has Clinton at +1
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2016  9:10 AM
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/donald-trump-just-got-best-214350595.html

Trump within 5 points. That tape killed him--if that tape did not exist or he did some kind of preemptive retort and played cool during the 2nd half of debate 1 he would be winning easily. He put all that time into it and looks like he will fall just short. But we'll see in 2 weeks

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/25/2016  9:34 AM
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/donald-trump-just-got-best-214350595.html

Trump within 5 points. That tape killed him--if that tape did not exist or he did some kind of preemptive retort and played cool during the 2nd half of debate 1 he would be winning easily. He put all that time into it and looks like he will fall just short. But we'll see in 2 weeks

Right. If he wasn't just such a bad candidate, he might be leading...

Can't fault that logic.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/25/2016  9:35 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:And now the poll oversampling, she certainly has her bases covered.

Another falsehood.

holfresh

10/25/2016  9:49 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:uh oh! The IBD poll that conservatives love has Clinton at +1

Investor's Business Daily...That's the poll Trump loves to tout on the campaign trail...It's over...

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/25/2016  10:16 AM
I have been a way for a few days, and in terms of "thread years" this is old, so I wont rehash this.

You asked, so I will answer :)

How do we learn that? According to White House Logs, Creamer made over 300 visits to the WH since 2009 and over 40 times with Potus. Creamer (a convicted felon) is one of the people in the video and was (since fired or otherwise removed) in fact the head guy at the super PAC. Which leads me to the conclusion that higher ups were involved. Now, in video 3, we learn according to Creamer, that HRC was aware of the workings of the agitators and specifically wanted the Donald Ducks at DJT rallies. From what I understand, the communication of candidate, DNC and Super PAC is a violation of Campaign Finance Law but I could be wrong.

As for sources, in more recent posts, you ask that another poster check his sources as the poster is perhaps being manipulated. You've sent me to NPR and Mother Jones on previous occasions. By sending these, are you making the contention that these are not manipulative ? I am sure you know I would disagree.

We have now seen that HRC campaign has been linked to 65 members of the media recently. We also have seen countless of links thru Wikileaks of the HRC campaign to supposedly un-biased journalists. We know of private parties at Podesta's house for members of the media that are "off the record".

I am just saying that you are right the sources we are attracted can be manipulative. (they know their viewership in some cases, and in some cases, it's who they are)

What draws us to certain sources? Is it pre-programmed ? Is it that those sources re-inforce a belief that we already have? Why is it easy for one to believe their own source is not manipulative while the others have to be?

Why can we see others hypocrisy but not our own? Some would say it is hypocritical of HRC to deny the accusers of WJC yet continually bash DJT on his accusers. Likewise for DJT. He bashes WJC but if the allegations on him are true, who is he to talk?

Why can one side hate DJT for all his lies but look the other way with all HRC's lies?

I am not so naive to think that both sides are not doing the same things. One just got caught this time. Next time it might be the other - again.

Its been while since I saw it but Idiocracy was ok. The premise was good but I remember being bored thru most of it. I will make an effort to see it again.

Also BTW - the name in the Enquirer Fixer story has been released.

Knickoftime wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:From what I can tell, you have an issue with anyone saying that HRC is guilty or "corrupt" corrupt because in the latest scandal, the FBI has cleared her and that is all that we have to base our opinions on. Because the FBI chose not to prosecute her for this case, we the people, need to then follow the "rule of the law" and also make the same determination. To do otherwise, shows that we would have bias against her. In a court of law, you would be correct, I could not say she is guilty if she has not been convicted of a crime. I would have to use the words "alleged" or "allegedly".

Then we agree.

I don't have any issue with anyone holding a partisan opinion, in the sense I cannot dispute the existence of confirmation bias.

When I speak up is when people conflate facts with opinions. You think HRC is corrupt, knock yourself out. I think if you actually review the record you'll find I haven't disputed your opinion.

But discourse is important. How we talk is important, because you and I both know all it takes is for people to hear anyone say what they want to believe in order for them to believe it is evidence.

THAT's the danger of a low-information electorate. You have your opinion of HRC and you're entitled. I personally think you do yourself and everyone else a disservice by embellishing your points, because calls into question of your credibility - of what you really know as opposed to what you think you know.

Is that lawyerly? Yes, it is. That's why in vital matters we rely on people who understand and are practiced in the law rather than leaving it t people armed with homespun wisdom.

You see the courtroom scene in Idiocracy?

I think you will agree that the UK forum is NOT a court of law . It is a discussion board about the NY Knicks on the internet. It is in the court of public opinion. To be clear, "IMO" means in my opinion. We all have a right to our own opinion. I infer from many of your posts that you do not like the way I and maybe some others form our opinions.

You'd infer correctly. As always, it is not a question of your right to have an opinion. But again, it is dangerous to advance this worldview that all opinions are created equal. You and I have both seen people spout dumbass, ill-informed opinions. Why are we moving away from recognizing that?

In the past, HRC and WJC have ALLEGEDLY been involved in numerous scandals or incidents. Honestly there are too many to list. I am sure if you Google it, you can find some. You will also find that she was never convicted of any crimes. They were fined and forced to give things back and she was even called a "congenital liar" by the NY times. But nothing ever stuck for conviction. however, many lower level associates also involved were convicted and imprisoned.

This all leads to my "confirmation bias", as you like to call it. Or as I call it, my duty as a citizen to keep an eye on the government and its leaders. You can choose to do otherwise, if you wish.

I do not. I've made my position clear. This is a binary equation.

That said, there does come a point in which false information begins to get lost in the genuine information. Until such a time in which HRC is actually connected to this Veritas thing, I don't connect it to her. But if you connect it to her sans evidence and just based on likelihood given the weight of previous allegations, then that becomes part of the body of allegations next time.

I do wonder how much of this body of allegations informing your viewpoint is similar. How much of it is genuine concerns (of which I agree exist) and how much of it is based on the same logic.

I DO genuinely think we've gotten to the people where people paint HRC more as a Bond villain or cartoon character than a real human being, but that is just an opinion.

I'll take this back to basketball. We're both Knicks fans. Objectively speaking, over the last 12-14 years they've stunk. Sans a brief respite for a couple of years, they've bordered from objectively awful to underperforming expectations.

Yes, the perception exists that the media irrationally hates them. Barkley hates them. Hollinger hates them, etc.

But we're fans, we generally anticipate the best case scenario. So most summers-falls Knicks fans get all out of sorts when the "haters" make dire predictions for the upcoming season. We dismiss their pessimism as bias and criticize them. And THAT's what we remember. Our impression of them as overly negative and haters solidify.

What doesn't seem to matter is they've been far more right than we have been all this time. We don't remember in June the guy who predicted 32 wins in October was generous when they actually win 23. What's sticks with us is how wrong and bias we think he was in October when he makes a new prediction.

Who has been more right than wrong and more right than us about the KNicks all this time. John Hollinger. Yet ask most Knicks fans and they'll tell you he's just a hater, despite a body of work that we can all connect.

But it's not. It's not because then we learn that the very same people on the video made hundreds...HUNDREDS..of visits since 2009 to the WH and met on more than 20 times with POTUS.

How do we learn that?

I choose to stand against the alleged corruption that I see and the lewd behavior (on both sides) that I see. I do not have the power to indict them or gather enough of the facts myself. AT this point, I have to rely on others to do so. I do however, read what is gathered after analyzing that through MY lenses, I decide with MY opinion, MY voice and MY vote.

No one gets to censor me. That's called Facism and its something, I think you will agree, that no one wants.

That'a fine. I believe all I've done is engaged you in a civil debate about these issues. But I think we've both observed enough to know this works both ways.

The term "elite" is thrown around to describe anyone who questions the judgment of people who believe the entire system is rigged and corrupt. People want to question power, but some highly resent being questioned themselves.

More often than not, charges of 'censor'ship and defiant expressions of the right to have and express and opinion come from one side, and it's as it always is totally irrelevant point which I think illustrates a influencing mindset.

It's kneejerk at this point. Push back against the wisdom and validity of an opinion and they go to the "it's my right and nobody can take that away well."

Questioning the quality of someone's opinion is in no way trying to take it away from them.

You seem like a smart guy. Ask yourself why these two things are so often conflated and confused and maybe you'll recognize an important omnipresent influencing factor.

Corruption is a legitimate issue facing this nation.

Subconscious resentment and defiance is another.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/25/2016  10:21 AM
BRIGGS wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/donald-trump-just-got-best-214350595.html

Electoral College. Its rigged, and has been since it was installed. Nobody put a gun to him and made him run. He knew the rules, or at least should have.

Hows that CT view you touted a few weeks back looking?

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/connecticut/

The tape killed him because it existed. The man is garbage and as such the cream rised to the top, and the garbage weights you down.
He is so bad, she is going to slaughter the electoral votes! She is a weak candidate.
He went after her health, which he did well on but she got better and he looked stupid. His Stern interviews made him look stupid, and then the tape.
Because they did not do forensic opposition, he was caught for the slimeball he was/is.
blkexec
Member: #748
10/25/2016  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  10:45 AM

If he was black
- He wouldn't need a tape to lose. I believe his multiple kids by multiple woman would've did the job. It's called white privilege. Until thats fixed, we will always have racial inequality! I'm sorry, but it gets annoying when we try to sugar coat the obvious. Take off your glasses, and put someone elses glasses and flip the script. That way we all can make rational decisions with unconscious biases.

Everybody that backs trump might as well start their early retirement party. It's going to be a slow death.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/10/13/chris-christie-facing-10-years-prison-summons-issued-misconduct-office.html

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
reub
Member: #6227

10/25/2016  10:44 AM

They are also sampling Democrats at +8 but either way its well within the margin of error.
holfresh

10/25/2016  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  10:46 AM
Jimmy Kimmel Mean Tweets, Obama...
reub

10/25/2016  10:45 AM
Obamacare premiums are rising by 25% on average. Many providers are just pulling out. Democrats will be paying the price as they should.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  10:48 AM
reub wrote:Obamacare premiums are rising by 25% on average. Many providers are just pulling out. Democrats will be paying the price as they should.
those #s are rigged
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub

10/25/2016  10:59 AM
They wanted to put out these large increases right after election day so they did try to rig this too.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  11:01 AM
reub wrote:They wanted to put out these large increases right after election day so they did try to rig this too.
Making health insurance not accessible to people should priority #1 in making Amerika great again.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub

10/25/2016  11:05 AM
holfresh wrote:

Investor's Business Daily...That's the poll Trump loves to tout on the campaign trail...It's over...

Hey if you don't think that the polls have been rigged then you're not paying attention to the Wikileaks emails which show the Crooked one's campaign scheming with the pollsters to "oversample" Democrats.

reub

10/25/2016  11:10 AM
fishmike wrote:
reub wrote:They wanted to put out these large increases right after election day so they did try to rig this too.
Making health insurance not accessible to people should priority #1 in making Amerika great again.

Making health care unaffordable for working people (while lying to them) who actually pay to keep the system going should never be priority #1.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/25/2016  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  11:19 AM
reub wrote:Obamacare premiums are rising by 25% on average. Many providers are just pulling out. Democrats will be paying the price as they should.

How much was health care going up per year before Obamacare? I think it was about the same. Huge annual increases in health care costs were a problem long before Obamacare. Health care has simply been increasing in cost at a fast rate for a long time.

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy