[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?
Author Thread
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

10/24/2016  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  11:07 AM
I love how people like to romanticize about what the country "used to stand for" and "we used to be great" etc. You can go all the way back to the John Q. Adams vs Andrew Jackson election in the 1800s and see crooked politics and dirty elections taking place. This is still the greatest country on earth but pretending that at any point we were on this moral pedestal some want to put us on is dishonest or at minimum uninformed. We used to perform some of the same human rights atrocities we criticize other countries for engaging in. I think the sooner we appreciate who we are (flaws and all) and continue to try to improve versus trying to live up to this unobtainable myth we've created about this country, the better off we'll be. We also won't be susceptible to con-men like Trump selling us on something that never existed.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2016  11:14 AM

Even if everything about Hillary is true......
Even if she is dead........

she is still a better candidate than Trump for 100 reasons.
Mainly, the man is basically a narcissistic sociopath who cannot focus and lacks basic skills regarding leadership and decision making.
He is impulsive and too focused on himself and his image to consider the big picture. He would be a fine dictator. His skill set is very good for that.

Basically uneducated white males want to vote in a dictator.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/24/2016  11:14 AM
Welpee wrote:I love how people like to romanticize about what the country "used to stand for" and "we used to be great" etc. You can go all the way back to the John Q. Adams vs Andrew Jackson election in the 1800s and see crooked politics and dirty elections taking place. This is still the greatest country on earth but pretending that at any point we were on this moral pedestal some want to put us on is dishonest or at minimum uninformed. We used to perform some of the same human rights atrocities we criticize other countries for engaging in. I think the sooner we appreciate who we are (flaws and all) and continue to improve versus trying to live up to this unobtainable myth we've created about this country, the better off we'll be. We also won't be susceptible to con-men like Trump selling us on something that never existed.
Feelings... nothing more than FEEEEELINGS

What Trump is selling is important and needs to be looked at it. Gov corruption, poor trade deals, politicians with their hands in the Fed... there are many many things Trump has touched on that should and need to be addressed. However Trump himself is a total joke and not electable.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
10/24/2016  11:15 AM
Nalod wrote:

Mainly, the man is basically a narcissistic sociopath who cannot focus and lacks basic skills regarding leadership and decision making.
He is impulsive and too focused on himself and his image to consider the big picture. He would be a fine dictator. His skill set is very good for that.

BIGLY
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/24/2016  11:23 AM
OMG, someone pointed out what Time Kaine's right eyebrow does. I can't not notice it now during his interviews!
Welpee
Member: #6239

10/24/2016  12:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
Welpee wrote:I love how people like to romanticize about what the country "used to stand for" and "we used to be great" etc. You can go all the way back to the John Q. Adams vs Andrew Jackson election in the 1800s and see crooked politics and dirty elections taking place. This is still the greatest country on earth but pretending that at any point we were on this moral pedestal some want to put us on is dishonest or at minimum uninformed. We used to perform some of the same human rights atrocities we criticize other countries for engaging in. I think the sooner we appreciate who we are (flaws and all) and continue to improve versus trying to live up to this unobtainable myth we've created about this country, the better off we'll be. We also won't be susceptible to con-men like Trump selling us on something that never existed.

What Trump is selling is important and needs to be looked at it. Gov corruption, poor trade deals, politicians with their hands in the Fed... there are many many things Trump has touched on that should and need to be addressed. However Trump himself is a total joke and not electable.

Agreed. But the thought that we ever had a country in which we didn't have gov corruption, poor trade deals, politicians with their hands in the Fed is a myth. The whole "make America great again" is an empty slogan. Unfortunately our "greatness" is usually associated with being at war. I would rather have what we have now versus being in a full fledged war to recreate the post WWII euphoria when most thought we were at our "greatest."
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/24/2016  12:52 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Agreed. But the thought that we ever had a country in which we didn't have gov corruption, poor trade deals, politicians with their hands in the Fed is a myth. The whole "make America great again" is an empty slogan. Unfortunately our "greatness" is usually associated with being at war. I would rather have what we have now versus being in a full fledged war to recreate the post WWII euphoria when most thought we were at our "greatest."

I think what politicians refer to as when America was great is the filtered childhood memories of white baby boomers in the suburbs in the 50s/early 60s. Literally the "Happy Days" and later, "The Wonder Years".

fishmike
USA
10/24/2016  1:14 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I think what politicians refer to as when America was great is the filtered childhood memories of white baby boomers in the suburbs in the 50s/early 60s. Literally the "Happy Days" and later, "The Wonder Years".

yea... and WWII followed the great depression. People were thrilled to be back at work making bullets and having purpose.
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

10/24/2016  1:46 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

BIGLY

I will defend Trump on this point:

It's "big league"!

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2016  1:57 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

BIGLY

It's "big league"!

Its "Big Lee"

Knickoftime

10/24/2016  2:16 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

BIGLY

It's "big league"!

Don't be so certain.

It isn't because our imagination or bias that he comes off speaking like a child.

https://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2016/march/speechifying.html

Knickoftime

10/24/2016  2:23 PM
reub wrote:The polls that the lemmings are following are polling many more Democrats than Republicans. That's called oversampling. As an example there's a poll in Arizona that has Hillary slightly ahead that polled 35% more Democrats than Republicans! Many more women than men. They are fixed. Wikileaks has proven this corruption. Think for yourself and don't let the mainstream media brainwash you with propaganda.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-23/new-podesta-email-exposes-dem-playbook-rigging-polls-through-oversamples

Ummmm, no.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/24/very-bad-analysis-of-a-2008-email-is-donald-trumps-new-excuse-for-why-hes-losing/

fishmike
USA
10/24/2016  2:38 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

BIGLY

It's "big league"!

That was my call... and my wife shook her head. So as we continued to watch it was clear he was either saying bigly, or he meant big league but was chopping the last syllable so much it just came out bigly.

Either way we added it to "disaster" for words Trumps says that you have to take a drink for every time you hear them. Needless to say I was trashed in an hour and had to catch the 2nd half the next day on DVR

DrAlphaeus

10/24/2016  2:40 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

BIGLY

It's "big league"!

Don't be so certain.

It isn't because our imagination or bias that he comes off speaking like a child.

https://www.cmu.edu/news/stories/archives/2016/march/speechifying.html

WRONG!

Even Joseph Stalin's favorite broadsheet is on my side!
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/25/us/politics/trump-bigly-big-league-linguists.html?_r=0

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/24/2016  2:45 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:No good points? lol, Did you really forget that recent conversation regarding this? Your story has somewhat changed.

It has not. And good thing it's all a matter of public record and just a few pages back available for review.

Well, I'm not (yet) going to go through 100+ pages to find it. So we can agree to disagree for now. But, I'll agree, in our little world, it is a good thing.

earthmansurfer wrote:Regarding "packaged", I thought you were talking about the "packaging" of the video from Veritas (i.e. - How the video portrayed things, was cut, etc.) You know, the video that has caused the firing and resignation of a higher up in the DNC. That long post was just a reminder of the corruption from the Clintons.

Knickoftime wrote:And I'll ask for the third time now. Do you recognize the manipulative methodology in the "reminder" you posted? Again, it's a simple yes or no answer.

Thanks for keeping track in your usual sarcastic way. I don't recognize the manipulative methodology. Is it at all like mainstream?

earthmansurfer wrote:I see nothing wrong in how I asked the question. Again, let's not twist this into being about me. It is about the corrupt actions of the DNC (and Hillary Clinton.)

Knickoftime wrote:There is presently no connection to Hilary Clinton. The "case" (to be generous) to even suggest Clinton herself or her campaign was directing or even aware of what we don't actually know even happened is (again to the generous) circumstantial.

That's what's wrong with the question.

We will see what the connection is. As of right now, she is basically at the top of that pyramid, minus the guy who just resigned.

earthmansurfer wrote:And the charges are serious, no reason to *****foot around. It wasn't that long ago that the rage on the forum, and with lot's of emotion, was about what Trump said 11 years ago.

Knickoftime wrote:That's correct. Because the candidate himself said it.

You're unable to make that distinction? Between what a candidate himself claimed and what a couple of super pac field operatives claimed?

Really?

I can't really compare saying Pu$$y in a lewd manner 11 years ago when not holding public office, in a private conversation, vs. the email leaks that show otherwise with Hillary.
Regarding your main point, again, Hillary is at the top of this pyramid. It is on her watch. And it appeared to occur all over the place, so I really doubt one or two people alone, were responsible, and without Hillarys knowledge, that is a tough one to believe.

At this point in time, a few emails here and there to show corruption is one thing, sure, it is a worry. But we are passed that point. We are at the point of... deep systemic corruption.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
DrAlphaeus

10/24/2016  3:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

BIGLY

It's "big league"!

That was my call... and my wife shook her head. So as we continued to watch it was clear he was either saying bigly, or he meant big league but was chopping the last syllable so much it just came out bigly.

Either way we added it to "disaster" for words Trumps says that you have to take a drink for every time you hear them. Needless to say I was trashed in an hour and had to catch the 2nd half the next day on DVR

Nice one!

A combo of Chilean red wine and Japanese nigori sake — trade deals aren't all bad! — got me through the first debate... but the hangover made me honor the 18th Amendment for the other two.

earthmansurfer
Germany
10/24/2016  3:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Not sure what you mean about skipping ahead.

See last post. Connecting this to Clinton and the DNC directly. That's the leap you've made here.

Was a misunderstanding of language. If you are (again) so correct, then let the facts speak for themselves. No reason to continually make things personal.

earthmansurfer wrote:I'm an ex-IT guy. Do you have any idea how difficult it is to actually know where a hack of this nature actually came from? It borders on the ridiculous.

Knickoftime wrote:Ah, so you think you're on the cutting edge of the technology and information gather operatives available to the intelligence community?

Got it.

The better question is why is the stance to dismiss the possibility of the Russians rather than entertain the possibility. Trump and now you seem to reject the idea, rather than acknowledge the potential.

It's an interesting choice.

How does me saying "ex-IT guy" get to "cutting edge of technology and information" in your book? Can I just not have more information here than the average person?

You continually try to degrade in your language. And I really don't understand why, unless this is both personal and perhaps you do not have the control (re Hillary) you profess to have.

I don't dismiss that the Russians could be involved, or the Chinese, or the Koreans, etc. But for the government, well, rather Hillary (first), to come out and say it was the Russians, that is shifting blame. "Hey, here are my emails showing Quid Pro Quo between me and the FBI but let's not question that, let's go after those dangerous Russians!" Lets not confuse the two. Both are valid and one should not be replaced with the other. Let the intelligence communities do their job in private and not become a part of the presidential debate.

earthmansurfer wrote:And an entire intelligence community is NOT a bunch of IT experts, not sure how you can make a blanket statement like that as it sort of makes no sense.

Knickoftime wrote:No they are not. But whoever is doing it are people. People talk, people communicate. That is the nature of hack in fact, revealing otherwise private communication.

The intelligence is more than just tracking computer code and you're being ignorant if you believe otherwise.

For me to believe that the intelligence community actually believes Russia did this, would require facts, not a news op piece. I still have a decent understanding of IT work to know that these type of attacks can just as easily be hidden, as they can be set up. Those servers were open for YEARS, do you really think it was THE Russians? It was every hacker who happened to come across a known target! This is not some kind of "Who could have done this?" thing.

This is exactly why what she did was against National Security. She opened us up to the world. And that involves: names, relationships, connections, technology, and on and on.

earthmansurfer wrote:I love America and what it (used to) represent (and somewhat still does), just think the government got away from us (as do most Americans, apparently, not to mention some presidential candidates.)

Knickoftime wrote:If the government got away from us, it's because we gave it away.

The House is fully elected every 2 years. The President every 4. The senate every 6.

The people have every power to change it. They choose what we have.

This is my biggest issue with conspiracy theorist such as yourself.

It is the repudiation of any responsibility for their lot in life. It is apathy is another forum. It is the definition of irresponsible.

It is unAmerican.

I would agree that we got ourself in this situation, but your answer lacks any sense of compassion. We are talking about the lives of millions, many due to this very same corruption. (Just as a quick example I'd say look at the information received via the FOIA regarding the vietnam war - as one "small" example.") We can't break this down to only "The House is fully elected every 2 years. The President every 4. The senate every 6. The people have every power to change it. They choose what we have. "

You also need to include that people have been systematically lied to and those who have tried to expose it have been silenced/killed time and time again. It is not like we can just go to the Whistle Blowing section of our local government. The corruption is deep and vast. There is no easy answer outside of an absolute systematic purging - and that might not even work.

So, when I say I am worried about Hillary Clinton, she is a clearly a part of this widespread corruption. She is one of them, you know, elites, who don't care about the means, only the ends. Trump may want to be, perhaps he is, but just going on his record, I see him as being less dangerous (but also wanting to do more for the common person) than Hillary. He is not perfect, has some worry problems, but even then, I am magnitudes more afraid for the life of this planet with Hillary. It is sad that it comes down to a lesser of two evils (if indeed he is that - I just am not sure yet.) Hillary is as clear to me as day, only requires connecting the dots, some mathematical probability and using your intuition and heart.

Don't cheapen a person with titles like "conspiracy theorist". The term was created/popularized by the CIA as too many were questioning the Kenned assassination. There are many links regarding this, even pointing to the original CIA document (#1035-960 - "Countering the criticism of the Warren Report"). This information is via a 1976 FOIA request. Using the term is basically following in the CIA's footsteps in "silencing" dissenters regarding the Kennedy Murder. Further, back in my studies I remember an FBI statistic that showed most crimes are indeed conspiracies (individuals conspiring together to commit and hide their crime). All you are trying to do with that word is discredit. Just stick to the facts without name calling.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Knickoftime

10/24/2016  3:34 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Thanks for keeping track in your usual sarcastic way. I don't recognize the manipulative methodology. Is it at all like mainstream?

No, it is not.

As someone who claims to be a truthseeker rather than partisan, I'd suggest you do some research on the form and function of the news sources you're attracted to. How 'information' is packaged in a certain why to produce a desired effect.

To dismiss what I'm suggesting to you wouldn't fit the profile of your self-described nature and motivation.

Your sources are trying to manipulate you. Doesn't mean they're succeeding, but being unaware of their methodology is not a promising sign

I can't really compare saying Pu$$y in a lewd manner 11 years ago when not holding public office, in a private conversation,

Now you're either lying or ignorant.

I suspect it's the former. You know it's not his use of the word but that he is describing sexual assault that is the issue. Again, if you're such a non-partisan why would you publicly deny this obvious fact?

Regarding your main point, again, Hillary is at the top of this pyramid. It is on her watch. And it appeared to occur all over the place, so I really doubt one or two people alone, were responsible, and without Hillarys knowledge, that is a tough one to believe.

"It appeared"... "so I really doubt" .... "a tough one to believe."

This is all tacit acknowledgment that you have no facts on your side, just your assumptions and speculation.

But again, as the truthseeker here, why aren't you more specific and literal? Why don't you acknowledge you're just stating your assumptions as facts?

earthmansurfer
Germany
10/24/2016  3:47 PM
Here is part 3 in the Veritas Videos (Clinton, Creamer, DNC, etc). The first one got Creamer to resign and Foval Fired.

Condensed version, my words - Creamer says pretty clearly where certain orders came from. (e.g. the Donald Duck costumes.) That is not illegal.
The funding of the Ducks campaign is clearly illegal. They also directed the actions of a Super Pac.
There is a separation that is supposed to exist between candidates and Superpacs.

Hillary Clinton Broke 52 USC 30116(a)(7)(B)(i)-(ii) (prohibits coordination)- This was created right after Watergate.
3 requirements:
1- Payment - by someone else other than the candidate
2- Conduct - A campaign being materially involved in shaping by 3rd party groups
3- Content - Running electoral advocacy close to an election

Knickoftime

10/24/2016  4:11 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:Was a misunderstanding of language. If you are (again) so correct, then let the facts speak for themselves. No reason to continually make things personal.

Nothing personal about it. I'm stating facts. It is NOT a fact Hilary Clinton had any knowledge much less approval of democratic operatives inciting violence at Trump rallies. It is not a fact the DNC officially had any hand or knowledge. It is not even a fact any democratic operatives actually incited any violence at Trump rallies.

As we've discussed it would be awful and inexcusable IF any of it occurred and the claims made make investigation appropriate and necessary. But none of these things are fact. Your belief that Clinton herself conspired to incite violence at Trump rallies is your theory (we'll get back to that later).

You are why people cannot "let facts speak for themselves". Because you will spout and spread falsehoods to a willing, bias audience. So while you're just voicing your assumptions without qualifying it as much, there's no harm in the record being kept straight.

Again, nothing personal about it. But if you don't like it, you should avoid misrepresenting facts as you have been.

How does me saying "ex-IT guy" get to "cutting edge of technology and information" in your book? Can I just not have more information here than the average person?

You're dismissing the findings of the U.S. intelligence community based on your expertise as an ex-IT guy. That isn't the average person.

"Hey, here are my emails showing Quid Pro Quo between me and the FBI but let's not question that, let's go after those dangerous Russians!"

That isn't what they show. That's another falsehood.

Let the intelligence communities do their job in private and not become a part of the presidential debate.

Sorry, if a foreign adversary is specifically targeting one political party in an attempt to influence the results of the election, that it's a legitimate part of the election process. It is relevant information.

Would be relevant if it was a domestic adversary.

To suggest who is trying to compromise the Clinton campaign and why is not a matter in the public's interest is strange, again especially coming from someone who claims to be non-partisan.

For me to believe that the intelligence community actually believes Russia did this, would require facts, not a news op piece.

They exist.

You also need to include that people have been systematically lied to and those who have tried to expose it have been silenced/killed time and time again.

No, we don't need to include your theories.

All you are trying to do with that word is discredit.

That is the first right thing you've said. Yes, the point is to discredit discreditable theories, rather than facts. A few graphs up you ask for "facts" to prove the Russians hacked Podesta, but that seems to be the only thing we've discussed where facts matter. EVERYthing else is based on interpretation of things.

This is not me making that up, you've acknowledged it. That's an odd contradiction.

I'm sorry, saying the CIA coined the phrase "conspiracy theory" (which is a pretty straightforward combination of words to express an obvious idea... it's not like an invented word given meaning like Google) doesn't alter conspiracy theory or alter the psychology of it, of which we have a substantial knowledge base.

It is a relevant term that has useful meaning.

Just stick to the facts without name calling.

You believe in conspiracies that rely on theories. You've expressed one that you and I have discussed in detail. Your personal narrative (a theory) that what two people claim go all the way up to the top and is hidden from public view (a conspiracy).

That's pretty straightforward.

It is you is attempting to make the term into a pejorative. I am using it as an objection description of your own words.

Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy