Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?
Page 1 of 279  1  2  3 NextLast »
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/1/2016  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  10:05 AM
She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it. Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome. I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us? Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/1/2016  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  10:35 AM
Is this a legit post??..If it is...Look at the minorities who never had healthcare and now have it..Look at the unemployment rate for minorities post Bush and today...Look at who is fighting for a living wage at $15 per hour..Donald Trump led the Birther Movement against the first African American elected President who has a 95% African American approval rating...The ad Trump took out against the Central Park Five who was later exonerated..The justice department sued him for not renting his apartments to blacks...He is currently requesting the government allow him to bring foreigners to work at his May-a Largo Club instead of hiring locals...His ties, shirts, etc are made in China, Bangladesh, etc as he rails against US companies with plant overseas...Just off the top of my head without looking up the stats or info..But if that doesn't convince you, I let Charles Blow finish it for me...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/1/2016  11:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  11:20 AM
So you drank up the coolaid from last nites speech and in your own narcissistic way perched in your own ivory tower really think Trump can help inner city minorities?
Tell me, what economic initiatives did he lay out that speak to this and at what cost? Using security forces and building a wall to make sure inner city blacks can pick fruit in California or process chicken in Kansas?
What are the jobs illegal's are taking from inner city minority or the educated?

This "America First" does not resonate with me. It seems to dehumanize immigrants as lesser humans. This notion that Americans are greater than all and deserve more is some narcissistic bullshyt trump and others are selling.
Basically to get up infront of a bunch of white folk, and say "Those immigrant jobs should be going to blacks and citizen Hispanics" must be all warm and fuzzy to inner city people who are miles from those jobs, and does nothing to address core educational and family issues related to the circle of poverty.

Briggs, you lapped up the sweet nectar of some serious Trump sales pitch that lacks a lot of substance. Im sure his speech about helping minorities makes you feel good about being white and doing well.
There are other avenues to help and feel good.

Educated whites don't like Trump because we like vote for people that are intelligent. Trump is a poser.
Trump brings a refreshing candor and I agree it is time for a non politician to step up as the talent pool like Cruz and Rubio are empty suits without any practical experience, but Trump is not the guy.

Im voting for Hilary because im choosing the country over the republican party. Im also voting for a democratic governor for the state of North Carolina because the republican party in this state is using discriminatory tactics to suppress minority voting, and other rights relating to HB2. I want a split senate and house and I want a Democrat to pick the next 2 Supreme court justices.

Im voting for Hilary because when I watch Trumps speech's and even attended one and saw for myself the ignorant racist rants of a mob against minorities, women and openly hostile to the media it reminded me of what happens when fascist dictators grab power.

Im not saying the country has no problems. This democracy has long been far from perfect but Trumps shyt show is not the answer. Nothing Hilary has done even comes close to Trumps lack of character, business practices, and the lack of coherent details in setting forth policy.

Were is Hilary? The Governer of Louisiana asked both candidates to not visit. To provide security takes away from the states efforts. He even asked Obama to send help, not visit. Trump goes anyway.
We can go on and on.........

Trump is not interested in minorities. He has no history of helping anyone.
I'll take her experience in the senate and as secretary of state on top of her elite education over anything trump has to offer. I don't have to like a candidate to vote for them as I vote to for whats best for our country.

In the end, we are all alone in the voting booth.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/1/2016  11:24 AM
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it. Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome. I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us? Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

I'm not going to criticize or retort.

Going to ask a fair, reasonable question.

"...because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base."

What does "cut deals with minorities" mean, specifically?

Can you break that down in policy terms please?

JesseDark
Member: #467
9/1/2016  12:03 PM
"...because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base."

That means he is going to throw some crumbs to some Uncle Tom African American pastors and say see what I'm doing for "the blacks", why don't the rest of you all come over.
Trump is a bigot who is dividing America. What does it say about you (original poster) who is cool with this type of dog whistle bigotry?

Bring back dee-fense
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/1/2016  12:21 PM
JesseDark wrote:"...because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base."

That means he is going to throw some crumbs to some Uncle Tom African American pastors and say see what I'm doing for "the blacks", why don't the rest of you all come over.
Trump is a bigot who is dividing America. What does it say about you (original poster) who is cool with this type of dog whistle bigotry?

I think Trump is someone minorities can work with to get something done for them. What has Obama doen for minorities? I think Hillary Clinton is the absolute same as Obama--she is what she is and if you want to talk about someone who is racist--go back and look at some of the thing she said. Some people really do not understand what illegal immigration does to minorities--it hits them the worst. Hes trying to create solutions--those people should not be here--they have no right to be here. Go ask hospital workers what they think of illegal immigrants--they know our system and use it. Illegal immigration is not a racism--its crime. And if you support illegal immigration you are also supporting drugs crime decreased jobs people who dont pay taxes and who strain the healthcare system.

RIP Crushalot😞
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

9/1/2016  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  12:26 PM
admins...mods...i come here to AVOID talk about politics...id rather not view peoples opinions. it would make me feel some sort of way. lol. i dont wanna hear someone tell me how blacks and latinos should think. smh
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/1/2016  12:34 PM
We can't talk honestly about why Blacks have economic issues in this country without talking about the history of intentional efforts to suppress and oppress Black advancement in this country. No single politician can solve all the INSTITUTIONAL systemic inequities that keep things slanted against minorities. I won't waste space enumerating all of the reasons minorities are negatively impacted but Trump is not the answer to all those problems. He isn't suddenly gonna reverse hundreds of years of built in racial disparity!!!
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/1/2016  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  12:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it.

Does seem like she is hiding from press conferences. Like Hope Solo might say: her defensive, let-Trump-dig-his-own-grave-while-I-avoid-gaffes tactic is a bit cowardly. Others might just say it's smart. But to say she has no policies isn't accurate or fair. There are nearly 3 dozen issue positions on her election website. She just had a big speech about drug policy a couple weeks ago. Trump only has a half dozen issues listed on his site.

BRIGGS wrote:Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome.

Well the best thing Obama did for African-Americans was largely symbolic, but that doesn't mean it isn't important. As with the Kaepernick issue, symbolism is very important. To have a black family in the White House for 8 years and a black man in the top executive office in the land makes a lot of us proud. Something many folks never thought they'd see in their lifetime. Meanwhile, Trump reenters the political realm by obsessing over innuendo and conspiracy theories about his birth certificate. Why would you think that black folks would trust him when he made it his job to undermine this president? A president that has something like 90% approval rating with the black community.

BRIGGS wrote:I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us?

Well you said it yourself: you are a supporter and think he's a narcissist with stupid rhetoric. But us minorities need to get over all that and request an audience with the guy? After that nonsense with the judge born in Indiana, and all his stupid, divisive rhetoric... aren't you answering your own questions on why it's unlikely that ethnic minority voters are going to help you elect this guy?

BRIGGS wrote:Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

Whenever I stop and think about all this nonsense, I get a headache. I really don't understand the appeal of Trump, especially after growing up in the tri-state and hearing about his shenanigans for 30 years.

If he really was about that life, he'd open a factory or mill for his products right in downtown Camden, NJ, and proudly put "Made in the USA" on his branded knick-nacks. But he's really not about that life. So which Trump am I electing into office? The righteous patriot or the slimy real estate marketer?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
JesseDark
Member: #467
9/1/2016  12:51 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
JesseDark wrote:"...because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base."

I think Trump is someone minorities can work with to get something done for them. What has Obama doen for minorities? I think Hillary Clinton is the absolute same as Obama--she is what she is and if you want to talk about someone who is racist--go back and look at some of the thing she said. Some people really do not understand what illegal immigration does to minorities--it hits them the worst. Hes trying to create solutions--those people should not be here--they have no right to be here. Go ask hospital workers what they think of illegal immigrants--they know our system and use it. Illegal immigration is not a racism--its crime. And if you support illegal immigration you are also supporting drugs crime decreased jobs people who dont pay taxes and who strain the healthcare system.

Trump is playing a game of us against them and you are falling for it. If Trump did not have a record of housing discrimination against blacks or stiffing immigrant workers out of their pay then he could plausibly talk about his policies to help. Oh, he hasn't detailed any policy on any level. Or if he didn't try to deligitmize President Obama with that birther nonsense then we could talk about what he is going to do for minorities. His past is an indicator of his future. If he didn't go to Mexico and bull**** the president then go to Arizona and return to the same old rhetoric, then we couild talk about what he is going to do for minorities.
There is long laundry list of details, which you can google, of what President Obama has done for all Americans, starting with health care.

Bring back dee-fense
RicanHavok
Member: #4274
USA
9/1/2016  12:58 PM
Ahh lets do it minorities!! What the hell do we have to lose?
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

9/1/2016  1:01 PM
RicanHavok wrote:Ahh lets do it minorities!! What the hell do we have to lose?

Ah what the hell. With surrogates like Guiliani and Sheriff Joe, how could this go wrong for us?

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/1/2016  1:04 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:She never gives interviews--she has no policies. Its come to the point that her game plan is to bash Trump--thats it.

Does seem like she is hiding from press conferences. Like Hope Solo might say: her defensive, let-Trump-dig-his-own-grave-while-I-avoid-gaffes tactic is a bit cowardly. Others might just say it's smart. But to say she has no policies isn't accurate or fair. There are nearly 3 dozen issue positions on her election website. She just had a big speech about drug policy a couple weeks ago. Trump only has a half dozen issues listed on his site.

BRIGGS wrote:Trump is right--exactly what has a democratic President done for African American or Hispanic sin the last 20 years---nothing. If African American blindly vote for Clinton because they are following others they are simply following the same path. If the same path dont complain about the outcome.

Well the best thing Obama did for African-Americans was largely symbolic, but that doesn't mean it isn't important. As with the Kaepernick issue, symbolism is very important. To have a black family in the White House for 8 years and a black man in the top executive office in the land makes a lot of us proud. Something many folks never thought they'd see in their lifetime. Meanwhile, Trump reenters the political realm by obsessing over innuendo and conspiracy theories about his birth certificate. Why would you think that black folks would trust him when he made it his job to undermine this president? A president that has something like 90% approval rating with the black community.

BRIGGS wrote:I think Trump is such a narcissist that he wants to be known as someone who did a good job. This is the time AA and Hispanic leaders should go talk with Trump--because I think the guy will cut deals with minorities to help them and expand the job base. Despite some stupid rhetoric--I think he wanst to do a good job for everyone and its up to some of our minorities over the next 2 months to really think--do I want more of the same or WORSE--or maybe should we try a guy who will sincerely try to help us?

Well you said it yourself: you are a supporter and think he's a narcissist with stupid rhetoric. But us minorities need to get over all that and request an audience with the guy? After that nonsense with the judge born in Indiana, and all his stupid, divisive rhetoric... aren't you answering your own questions on why it's unlikely that ethnic minority voters are going to help you elect this guy?

BRIGGS wrote:Educated wealthy whites dont like Trump--they like status quo--wealthy educated whites who control the media and many jobs--those are the people who right now hold the election in their hands UNLESS minorities stop and think. If African Americans and His panics change their thought process and they have time--I think this guy will do much better for them. And we want to see improvement in the uS--not just for wealthy whites.

Whenever I stop and think about all this nonsense, I get a headache. I really don't understand the appeal of Trump, especially after growing up in the tri-state and hearing about his shenanigans for 30 years.

If he really was about that life, he'd open a factory or mill for his products right in downtown Camden, NJ, and proudly put "Made in the USA" on his branded knick-nacks. But he's really not about that life. So which Trump am I electing into office? The righteous patriot or the slimy real estate marketer?

probably the best, most thought out and informed post I have read on this topic. Well done.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
blkexec
Member: #748
9/1/2016  2:14 PM
When I first read BRIGGS original post, I almost threw up in my mouth. Instead of replying right away, I just step aside because I trust that there are some knick fans that see through this con artist. I go to this site to get away from our dirty politics. But it seems like Trump is everywhere. He's the most embarrassing man I've seen represent this country. He makes you want to divide, and he's doing a great job. My question is will he deport his wife as well, since she came here as an illegal. Trump is a side show. Political entertainment. The scary part is people are starting to believe him.

Relying on the next President to fix inner city issues is not the answer. Trying to change the minds of racist people, so that minorities are considered equal is not the answer. The only way to fix the problems in the inner city, is to first remove all labels. Labels is the key to division. The best answer I heard someone say, when asked what race are you, during an interview....They said the human race. So they took it a step further and asked whats your name.....mmmmm

Black Wall Street was the start of this fixing movement. And that was not done by an presidential promises or laws. That was minorities coming together, trying to make change. But once again, this country was built on slavery and oppressed soil. So whatever grows from this soil, racist bigots will rise and destroy it. Before Obama, there wasn't any voter restriction laws. 8 years later, 30 states have new voter restriction laws. They will do whatever they can to destroy.

As Joe Madison always say.....What minorities devalue (shooting each other), others will help destroy. There's a bigger plan in place and Trump is part of that plan.....Which is why he's made it this far, even though he resembles Hitler by using fear as his leadership tool.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/1/2016  2:15 PM
Briggs starting the labor day weekend getting high party a little early
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Knickoftime

9/1/2016  2:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:I think Trump is someone minorities can work with to get something done for them.

Again, a fair question is what?

What do you propose a president (any president) can and will do?

Some people really do not understand what illegal immigration does to minorities--it hits them the worst.

Are you referring to low-paying unskilled labor and service industry jobs you thijnk should instead be filled by the black community?

Otherwise, what do you mean?

And if you support illegal immigration you are also supporting drugs crime decreased jobs people who dont pay taxes and who strain the healthcare system.

There is a near certainty you also support illegal immigration by the things you buy in the supermarket or services you partake in every day that rely on immigrant labor.

The California economy would be devastated with mass deportation and an actual effective "wall".

These issues are important to you - that's good.

You're demonstrating a reliance on platitudes and seem only partially informed of the full weight of these issue. - that's not so good.

Make an informed decision in November, whatever that decision happens to be.

But before then, get better informed.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
9/1/2016  2:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  3:04 PM
This is something I noticed months ago. Don't worry face to face debating is about to begin. She won't be able to hide or appear on softball talk shows smiling and laughing at their lame jokes. During the debates the candidates will be well versed on stock questions ans answers but America won't be fooled. Americans will vote for who they feel will be the best commander in chief and It won't be Hillary.

Up until now her best strategy was to lay low and and risk exposing her weaknesses by actually speaking. Like how the DNC followed the RNC of how when Trump is proactive like when he met with law enforcement both Hillary and Obama followed.

I know the dumbing down of America is all part of the plan to turn us into another socialist country but I truly feel we are being underestimated

Knickoftime

9/1/2016  3:04 PM
gunsnewing wrote:I know the dumbing down of America is all part of the plan but I truly feel we are being underestimated

No, if America concludes Donald Trump has any interest in public service much less the capacity for it, we're being estimated just right.

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/1/2016  3:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  3:10 PM
fishmike wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:

probably the best, most thought out and informed post I have read on this topic. Well done.

Fishmike ..
So True !!!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/1/2016  4:07 PM
gunsnewing wrote:This is something I noticed months ago. Don't worry face to face debating is about to begin. She won't be able to hide or appear on softball talk shows smiling and laughing at their lame jokes. During the debates the candidates will be well versed on stock questions ans answers but America won't be fooled. Americans will vote for who they feel will be the best commander in chief and It won't be Hillary.

Up until now her best strategy was to lay low and and risk exposing her weaknesses by actually speaking. Like how the DNC followed the RNC of how when Trump is proactive like when he met with law enforcement both Hillary and Obama followed.

I know the dumbing down of America is all part of the plan to turn us into another socialist country but I truly feel we are being underestimated

I'll be surprised if Trump debates her. She will take him a part. He can't prepare on policy so he will have to attack her which will be fascinating.
How far is he willing to go? This is a guy that admits he does not read much.
Is she hiding with a lead in the polls or just being smart to not over expose?
Its traditional that things really ramp up right after Labor day. She is leading in the polls and he is really trying to make up some ground.

Trump paints an America that is reeling in trouble. If he points to Obama as he frequently does, he kind of forgets the conditions by which Obama took office in.
If start pointing fingers one has to admit Bush got us into Iraq, and under his watch 911 happened as did the financial crisis. What it all on Bush? Of course not. But, for political argument keeping it simple is important to a dumb mass, and that's just how it is.

Nobody here can convince the other side their convictions and how to vote. Briggs bought it up and as usual leaves the stage.
Im not debating, and Im surpised I even jumped in, but sometimes one has to.

Page 1 of 279  1  2  3 NextLast »
Topic LOCKED
Where the heck is Hillary Clinton?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy