[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knickerblogger article from last year when it appeared the Knicks had lost NDour
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/28/2016  2:45 AM
http://knickerblogger.net/why-the-new-york-knicks-made-a-mistake-not-keeping-maurice-ndour/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
8/28/2016  4:11 AM
I remember that article, lol!
I think I take it for granted that he is back, but with a strong team around him, NDour can really excel. I guess that is true for everyone on the team tbh.
As long as we don't have injury bugs, we are gonna be, dare I say, a very good team. And watching NDour and the other young guys is going to be a blast.
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
unstopaball12
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1137
Philippines
8/28/2016  5:44 AM
I am excited for him. I saw him play in the QOT personally against canada and he was by far the best player on the court which included Tristian Thompson.

He plays very well on defense, can switch on the guards and play them well. Corey Joseph had a hard time against him and he completely shut down Tyler Ennis.

He scored about 20 points during the game, but most came on hustle points and putbacks. He hit around 2 3's also, but when the game was on the line he was hesistant and gave the ball up.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/28/2016  6:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2016  6:41 AM
Backup PF is wide open. Ndour and Mindus will be competing with those mins. As will Lance if JH decides to play Lee mins at SF, Melo will get mins as well. I would say KOQ also(competing for mins) but doubt JH would want a bigger slower lineup.

May the best man win those mins. Ndour reaching his potential would be one of the better outcomes though due to his strong 3&D potential to go with length, hustle, off the ball production. Perfect compliments to Melo & Willie while enhancing the defensive potential of KP and Noah.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
8/28/2016  12:30 PM
unstopaball12 wrote:I am excited for him. I saw him play in the QOT personally against canada and he was by far the best player on the court which included Tristian Thompson.

He plays very well on defense, can switch on the guards and play them well. Corey Joseph had a hard time against him and he completely shut down Tyler Ennis.

He scored about 20 points during the game, but most came on hustle points and putbacks. He hit around 2 3's also, but when the game was on the line he was hesistant and gave the ball up.

That is nice to know. I know he played well for our Summer league team but hadn't looked much deeper.

newyorknewyork - I don't think it is Ndour Vs Mindus (exactly). NDour is another level defensively and Mindus is on another level offensively. I think if they both play well we will see them used depending on the matchups. I at least hope we get to see what both can do for 5-10 minutes a game for a few weeks before we settle on one. Two really nice players on our hands.

I'm really wondering about Mindus as it relates to his ability to play a physical NBA game. That might be his downfall (and his defense).
With the talent level on our team I can imagine the defense NDour brings might be nice out there when there is more offense on the floor and I can see Mindus being out there for his offense, when we don't have as many offensive players on the floor - or if someone's shot is off.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Kemet
Member: #6148

8/28/2016  4:47 PM
I'm Old-School ... my bench Depth lineup would be
PG-Jennings
SG-Lance Thomas
SF-Ndour
PF-Quinn
C-Hernangomez

NO small-ball lineup starting the 2nd qtr. or 4th qtr.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/28/2016  6:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2016  6:51 PM
Kemet wrote:I'm Old-School ... my bench Depth lineup would be
PG-Jennings
SG-Lance Thomas
SF-Ndour
PF-Quinn
C-Hernangomez

I think you'll be disappointed with what Hornacek actually does then. JH has said he thinks it's better to have his top players on the floor with bench guys and not so much a platoon style rotation. He'll pull a starter or 2 and mix in bench guys so that the level of play remains high. He does not sound like he's going to coach like Fish or Rambis in terms of how he rotates players.

The Knicks coach claims not to be concerned they will have too weak a bench because of the way he plans to use his three big guns — Rose, Porzingis and Anthony.

“I’m hoping with the three guys, hopefully have two of those guys on the court,” Hornacek said. “It will take pressure off the bench guys to make an open shot. They’re not going to be a real focus necessarily. That always makes it easier for the guys to be comfortable out there. If you’re trying to sub five guys in as a group, it would be more difficult.”

http://nypost.com/2016/07/03/next-up-for-cap-strapped-knicks-sifting-through-backup-pgs/

A kid like Ndour will be much more effective if he's in there with quality players as opposed to lesser players. I'm very excited to see if JH will use Ndour in small ball style lineups. His length and shooting could be very effective.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

8/28/2016  7:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2016  7:22 PM
Pleasant surprise to see they brought N'Dour back. He's an attractive young, talented piece we can develop for years to come potentially. I think he can contribute right now too and on both ends. No question about it. Actually surprised to see Phil beating himself up about not getting Jae Crowder--this guy N'Dour could be just as good if not better...I just have trouble seeing all of these wing guys getting enough rotation time -- Lance Thomas, Kuz, N'Dour, Holiday, Vujacic. You figure one or two of these guys will be on the outside looking in.. Adding Lance Stephenson, if there's even any truth to the rumors, only complicates things further (though I'd do it anyway in a heartbeat. If I had to guess, I bet we've reached out and offered Stephenson a contract--he probably doesn't see an opportunity to play enough here--that's what's probably holding that up). A bit of a log jam to be sure but it's a good problem to have. I'd rather have depth and JH to have plenty of choices (esp. in a win-now scenario which the Knicks have suddenly become) over a roster short on talent any day.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
8/28/2016  7:33 PM
Finestrg wrote:Pleasant surprise to see they brought N'Dour back. He's an attractive young, talented piece we can develop for years to come potentially. I think he can contribute right now too and on both ends. No question about it. Actually surprised to see Phil beating himself up about not getting Jae Crowder--this guy N'Dour could be just as good if not better...I just have trouble seeing all of these wing guys getting enough rotation time -- Lance Thomas, Kuz, N'Dour, Holiday, Vujacic. You figure one or two of these guys will be on the outside looking in.. Adding Lance Stephenson, if there's even any truth to the rumors, only complicates things further (though I'd do it anyway in a heartbeat. If I had to guess, I bet we've reached out and offered Stephenson a contract--he probably doesn't see an opportunity to play enough here--that's what's probably holding that up). A bit of a log jam to be sure but it's a good problem to have. I'd rather have depth and JH to have plenty of choices (esp. in a win-now scenario which the Knicks have suddenly become) over a roster short on talent any day.

the knicks have to stress defense, so whoever is most effective defending should be awarded the minutes. put another way, our two one-year contract point guards flat out suck at defense so the rest of the squad will have to make up for this gaping hole. i really like n'dour, ever since summer league 2015, and i am really glad he's a knick.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/28/2016  10:13 PM
Finestrg wrote:Pleasant surprise to see they brought N'Dour back. He's an attractive young, talented piece we can develop for years to come potentially. I think he can contribute right now too and on both ends. No question about it. Actually surprised to see Phil beating himself up about not getting Jae Crowder--this guy N'Dour could be just as good if not better...I just have trouble seeing all of these wing guys getting enough rotation time -- Lance Thomas, Kuz, N'Dour, Holiday, Vujacic. You figure one or two of these guys will be on the outside looking in.. Adding Lance Stephenson, if there's even any truth to the rumors, only complicates things further (though I'd do it anyway in a heartbeat. If I had to guess, I bet we've reached out and offered Stephenson a contract--he probably doesn't see an opportunity to play enough here--that's what's probably holding that up). A bit of a log jam to be sure but it's a good problem to have. I'd rather have depth and JH to have plenty of choices (esp. in a win-now scenario which the Knicks have suddenly become) over a roster short on talent any day.
I think he is either going to play for the Nets or the Knicks. There are some indications that he might play for the Nets but they also have been refuted.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/29/2016  3:50 PM
PG-Jennings
SG-Lance Thomas
SF-Ndour
PF-Quinn
C-Hernangomez

What about Minda? Does he crack the rotation?

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/30/2016  1:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2016  1:10 PM
Nalod wrote:
PG-Jennings
SG-Lance Thomas
SF-Ndour
PF-Quinn
C-Hernangomez

What about Minda? Does he crack the rotation?

I think the value is Kuminskas is being able to go more towards small-ball without actually going small. He's a 6'9 athletic forward who can play outside, but is a PF in this league. Phil used the mid level exception on him, and he's 26 years old, so i would think the expectation is he is an immediate rotation player and contributor.

Knickerblogger article from last year when it appeared the Knicks had lost NDour

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy