[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ric Bucher is excited about Derrick Rose playing with two of the best offensive weapons he has ever played with
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/1/2016  4:33 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Rose has played with very good teams. The talent in NY is not better in terms of 1 on 1 ability than what he had in Chicago.
Where I see a difference is role recognition. I feel these Knicks are very balanced.

Noah - Center that will protect the basket, defend, rebound, set hard screens and pass. Not a shot creator, but can finish inside if given space.

Porzingis - Stretch big. Very important for DRose because he is a driving PG and needs the paint open. Same for Jennings. If you have a big that can constantly stretch the floor, you are going to have great opportunities for either scores off drives or kick outs to an open man.

Melo - While Butler was a fantastic player and may even be better than Melo in general, Melo is the better closer. Melo has shown clear ability to be a point forward and dictate a game both with his scoring and passing. That's a level of guy Rose has not played with.

Lee - Fantastic 2-way role player. Just can catch and shoot 3 pointers on kick outs or feeds or give you the occasional dribble drive to the basket. He is a very good backcourt mate for Rose because he will not try to create many shots, instead play off Rose.

I think on paper this team is extremely talented. It's about what their health will be like. We even have players we don't know what they can give and they can be X factors. Guys like Jennings, Kuzminskas, Willy, etc.

I am very excited about this season.

+1, excellent points. The bench you mention is full of those yoots plus Lance Thomas, and should prove much more exciting as well.

And the Melohaters sort of salute you for mentioning KP ahead of Me7o, but hate you for mentioning the DOUCHE at all in this context.

AUTOADVERT
Ric Bucher is excited about Derrick Rose playing with two of the best offensive weapons he has ever played with

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy