meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I remember watching this game. Rose was a warrior, hit a crazy off balance three to win the game. Should be noted he shot 10-26 though.

He's not the most efficient player. But I do feel the way he breaks down the defense and opens the floor will help the Knicks offense overall. He creates havoc in the paint and I'd bet he makes others more efficient because of that. I'm sure the analytics guys will say there's a stat for that, but I sort of doubt there's a stat that accurately reflects that.

no. his passes are most often made while in midair, a big no-no. the reason is that the mid-air passes will most often lack the timing, touch, and accuracy that are necessary for the recipient to be in rhythm to shoot. marbury and a host of other so-called "scoring point guards" hurt their teams in precisely this manner. placing the burden on the shooter to make a shot when that shooter has just received a poorly-delivered pass, requiring him to get out of any rhythm, is why the fg percentages will necessarily go down.

Maybe... we're both talking about eye test things without stats to back them up. I think we'll just have to wait and see how this collection of players fits together on the court.

Would you rather have a 27 yr old former MVP, injury prone and jumps when he passes....But still demands double teams and breaks down any NBA defense.

or

A pg approaching 40, who couldn't even crack the starting rotation on an international team. Jose didn't jump and pass mid flight....So based on that one skill, sounds like some fans rather have Jose back! No wonder it's so hard to satisfy knick fans......They all over the place. Some fans just search all day for all the biggest negatives on the team......But that negative tunnel vision can cause us to lack the vision of Phils strategy. To win now....and win later.

Rose jumps and pass
Jose doesn't jump and pass

By this theory, Jose would've been the better player for us. Too bad nobody (Noah, Lee, Jennings....) would've been here if we still had Jose.

you can see who actually understands the game (or any athletic competition for that matter) by some of these comments. Nobody is calling Rose the big fundamental. He is a big upgrade over Jose (although some of the stat monkeys actually think the Knicks got worse). He's an athletic scoring PG who gets into the paint at will. We will see if this translates into a better Knick team or not.

I'm convinced this team will be better. Cuz it's not just Rose but how all the new players fit with each other and with Hornacek's schemes. The way Rose plays fits how Hornacek wants to play. He can push the ball but also run PnR. Lee, Melo and KP can knock down jumpers off the catch. Rose and Noah already have great chemistry, which gets overlooked. In every way this is a better roster.

You keep bringing up fit like ours a foregone conclusion. Thread after thread, I see the same thing. How well they fit and if they fit will only be determined in the regular season. It's great to project what you believe in, but it's not an established fact.

Projecting how a team fits together can never be a fact.....Because it's in the future and the future is never promised! But what he's saying is there's a high probability that they will fit together, based on the parts that phil put together, and the history between players like Rose and Noah or Hornacek and fast guards....Thats his opinion, based on historical data, so I can't say he's wrong or right, it's just a fans opinion. I see nothing wrong with that. Same can be said about rose and noah haters, who point to their historical injury resume, and use that historical fact to project the future.

Not true. An individual player with an injury history is a much more self contained case than a team that lives in his imagination involving a dynamic set of variables, players and coaching staff. Saying the two are the same is a stretch. It's his opinion and I have no issue with him having an opinion. There is zero evidence that Rose, Noah and Jennings will fit better with Hornaceks schemes. You can't take a patchwork of assumptions and start drawing complex conclusions from it.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/31/2016  3:52 PM
You sure can if you suffer from some combination of patternicity, apophenia, and magical thinking. All kidding aside, Hornacek has a very challenging task with a hodgepodge of mismatched talent and systems. If he doesn't get it right and fails to lead the Knicks will underachiever. I have them winning between 38-43 games. You?
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
8/31/2016  4:48 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
nixluva wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Between Noah, Melo, Rose, Jennings all capable of getting 4-5 ast a game each. Rose doesn't really have to focus on creating for everyone all the time though, and he has a lot of space to work with. He has played majority with 2 lane blockers.

With the spacing KP, Melo, Lee could provide from the 4-2 a high energy high IQ player like Noah could have a field day as well. Teams have to worry about Rose penetration to go with the shooters and then Noah's clean up capabilities & passing. Noah has not really played with this much spacing from the forward positions before always being paired up with the Boozer's, Gibson's, Gasol's. Though sure he has played mins with stretches like Dunleavy and Mirotic. But KP alleviates him with spacing and defense length.

Between the potential spacing, ball movement, penetration and front court length offensively and defensively around the rim. We have a lot of elements in place.

EXACTLY!!! This is Phil's best roster in terms of how the parts fit. Also of just as great importance was Phil bringing in Hornacek a coach that is about as close to what he hoped for in Steve Kerr as you can get. So much so that Kerr stole plays from Hornacek and was inspired by how he coached the Suns. Kerr wanted to hire Hornacek to replace Walton. So all together this makes a lot of sense, the players and the coach. Hornacek wants tons of guard penetration and we know Rose can do that. Hornacek wants lots of 3's and Melo, KP and Lee can do that. Hornacek wants lots of PnR and Rose, Noah and KP can do that as can Melo and Lee. Then you add Jennings to the mix and there should be a lot of capability.

How Tyson excelled due to the spacing provided by moving Melo to the 4. There is a good probability Noah is able to excel the same. Noah is more skilled then Tyson though. I look forward to seeing how Noah's high energy and high IQ play will produce. He averaged 3.8 ast in 21.9 mins from the center position last yr in a down yr.

Same thing with Rose, the spacing for penetration will be there. There will be times when KP slides to the 5 and all 4 teammates on the court with him can bang the 3. That has to be heaven for him coming from Chi's lineups. We will see what Rose and JH are about to come up with out of this potential.

Then there is KP. With Rose penetration, Melo's gravity effect, and bodies having to be put on Noah as well as Noah's ability to find players with the ball in his hands. KP can come out clean out of all this. Between open 3s and finishing opportunities as the lane opens up as teams scramble off penetrations and the havoc that Noah is creating. He can also be featured more as the go to guy in PNR with the 2nd unit to bolster them which will be his development for his arsenal. All while providing twin tower defensive length with Noah or on the offensive glass.

You just explained why it's easy to see these guys fitting together. When you have actual talent on your team, with high basketball IQ players, it's easy for them to fit together. I build up teams all the time, and I've never had an issue with chemistry, because I know who I'm putting together. Sometimes we had a pair of players like Rose and Noah, and that made it easier to build team chemistry.

But I agree with your post.....This is one time where I believe these guys will play well together, including the coach. Now if Hornacek is forced to play within the triangle walls, then it could be a problem, similar to what Fisher went through. But it sounds like Hornacek has some wiggle room which is good, because his coaching style fits Rose and Jennings speed....Noah doesn't need any plays called for him.....Melo and KP are now triangle vets who also excels in PnR plays.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/31/2016  5:43 PM
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:pot...kettle.
lmao.. in the "real world" DK answers to nobody! I think your brilliant post fell on deaf ears as you appear to be in the "fvck mvnkey yahoos" ignore list. Classic!
i dont really respond to his posts anymore, unless he's specifically calling me out. he lives in his own world, which is fine. after interacting with him a few times on here, i realized he's not really interested in listening so why bother debating anything with him.
I guess I never paid attention to the friction among different posters. And for Martin to step in was eye opening. Thats why this site has been so successful. I hope I didn't rekindle that friction again. There's so many positives surrounding Knick fans right now, I don't know what to do with myself. For years, I've stood up to all the back lash from other fans, representing orange and blue regardless of our record. So when there is tension between fans, I usually look over it, because the real tension is with non knick fans, who I interact with all the time, since I live outside of NYC, with a potential move down to Dallas Texas.....Again, I will be Giants blue all day with a touch of Orange and Blue, while rocking a yankee blue.....
In DK's defense, he hasn't been the same poster the last few months that he was when he joined. His poor choice of words aside, there is a lot less Melo on the brain, and he's added more to the discussion IMO lately than he has taken away from it. Hope this carries into the season.

Also hope we don't once again have a small faction holding whatever views they might have (positive or negative) spamming threads, trying to shut down discussions. This board works when its more about exchanging ideas, and less about planting flags.

Thank you. I am not so down on Melo because he has matured a bit as a man and he played 25 fantastic games last year. I infer from your remarks that you perhaps see that I am fair-minded or even-handed if not completely objective. As I always say, when a player plays well I will praise and if a player plays badly I will say so. Off court it's the same thing. (Rose has an October 4th court date for sexual assault, which is the first day of Preseason and his 28th birthday.) I don't know why anybody would have a problem with that.

You forgot a great humanitarian, philanthropist, and global icon. GTFO. I was infering that your very strong opinion of Melo wasnt the problem, it was how you chose to share it. Incessantly and regardless of the topic.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
8/31/2016  5:48 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I remember watching this game. Rose was a warrior, hit a crazy off balance three to win the game. Should be noted he shot 10-26 though.

He's not the most efficient player. But I do feel the way he breaks down the defense and opens the floor will help the Knicks offense overall. He creates havoc in the paint and I'd bet he makes others more efficient because of that. I'm sure the analytics guys will say there's a stat for that, but I sort of doubt there's a stat that accurately reflects that.

There is a stat for a stat that doesn't reflect the actual stat it is trying to reflect. Called the T-stat. Wiki it and your eyes go crosseyed. Thing is, NBA stat sites don't use this. Mostly cause NBA stats are just glorified counting. Regression is mostly useless because all of the input comes from the team's themselves who gloss stats to make stars. So, when you use your own eyes, I like that better than these NBA stats. We can look at Plus - Minus to see if Derricks teammates are better with him or without, but even that is biased because most teams will sit their top defenders if Rose leaves the game. So, notwithstanding the stat gnomes like me on here, trust yo gut.

This is the Randle.
dk7th
USA
8/31/2016  6:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
lmao.. in the "real world" DK answers to nobody! I think your brilliant post fell on deaf ears as you appear to be in the "fvck mvnkey yahoos" ignore list. Classic!
i dont really respond to his posts anymore, unless he's specifically calling me out. he lives in his own world, which is fine. after interacting with him a few times on here, i realized he's not really interested in listening so why bother debating anything with him.
I guess I never paid attention to the friction among different posters. And for Martin to step in was eye opening. Thats why this site has been so successful. I hope I didn't rekindle that friction again. There's so many positives surrounding Knick fans right now, I don't know what to do with myself. For years, I've stood up to all the back lash from other fans, representing orange and blue regardless of our record. So when there is tension between fans, I usually look over it, because the real tension is with non knick fans, who I interact with all the time, since I live outside of NYC, with a potential move down to Dallas Texas.....Again, I will be Giants blue all day with a touch of Orange and Blue, while rocking a yankee blue.....
In DK's defense, he hasn't been the same poster the last few months that he was when he joined. His poor choice of words aside, there is a lot less Melo on the brain, and he's added more to the discussion IMO lately than he has taken away from it. Hope this carries into the season.

Also hope we don't once again have a small faction holding whatever views they might have (positive or negative) spamming threads, trying to shut down discussions. This board works when its more about exchanging ideas, and less about planting flags.

Thank you. I am not so down on Melo because he has matured a bit as a man and he played 25 fantastic games last year. I infer from your remarks that you perhaps see that I am fair-minded or even-handed if not completely objective. As I always say, when a player plays well I will praise and if a player plays badly I will say so. Off court it's the same thing. (Rose has an October 4th court date for sexual assault, which is the first day of Preseason and his 28th birthday.) I don't know why anybody would have a problem with that.
You forgot a great humanitarian, philanthropist, and global icon. GTFO. I was infering that your very strong opinion of Melo wasnt the problem, it was how you chose to share it. Incessantly and regardless of the topic.

Wow thanks for the internet sucker punch. Classless punk move.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/31/2016  7:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

no. his passes are most often made while in midair, a big no-no. the reason is that the mid-air passes will most often lack the timing, touch, and accuracy that are necessary for the recipient to be in rhythm to shoot. marbury and a host of other so-called "scoring point guards" hurt their teams in precisely this manner. placing the burden on the shooter to make a shot when that shooter has just received a poorly-delivered pass, requiring him to get out of any rhythm, is why the fg percentages will necessarily go down.

Maybe... we're both talking about eye test things without stats to back them up. I think we'll just have to wait and see how this collection of players fits together on the court.

Would you rather have a 27 yr old former MVP, injury prone and jumps when he passes....But still demands double teams and breaks down any NBA defense.

or

A pg approaching 40, who couldn't even crack the starting rotation on an international team. Jose didn't jump and pass mid flight....So based on that one skill, sounds like some fans rather have Jose back! No wonder it's so hard to satisfy knick fans......They all over the place. Some fans just search all day for all the biggest negatives on the team......But that negative tunnel vision can cause us to lack the vision of Phils strategy. To win now....and win later.

Rose jumps and pass

By this theory, Jose would've been the better player for us. Too bad nobody (Noah, Lee, Jennings....) would've been here if we still had Jose.

you can see who actually understands the game (or any athletic competition for that matter) by some of these comments. Nobody is calling Rose the big fundamental. He is a big upgrade over Jose (although some of the stat monkeys actually think the Knicks got worse). He's an athletic scoring PG who gets into the paint at will. We will see if this translates into a better Knick team or not.

I'm convinced this team will be better. Cuz it's not just Rose but how all the new players fit with each other and with Hornacek's schemes. The way Rose plays fits how Hornacek wants to play. He can push the ball but also run PnR. Lee, Melo and KP can knock down jumpers off the catch. Rose and Noah already have great chemistry, which gets overlooked. In every way this is a better roster.

You keep bringing up fit like ours a foregone conclusion. Thread after thread, I see the same thing. How well they fit and if they fit will only be determined in the regular season. It's great to project what you believe in, but it's not an established fact.

Projecting how a team fits together can never be a fact.....Because it's in the future and the future is never promised! But what he's saying is there's a high probability that they will fit together, based on the parts that phil put together, and the history between players like Rose and Noah or Hornacek and fast guards....Thats his opinion, based on historical data, so I can't say he's wrong or right, it's just a fans opinion. I see nothing wrong with that. Same can be said about rose and noah haters, who point to their historical injury resume, and use that historical fact to project the future.

Not true. An individual player with an injury history is a much more self contained case than a team that lives in his imagination involving a dynamic set of variables, players and coaching staff. Saying the two are the same is a stretch. It's his opinion and I have no issue with him having an opinion. There is zero evidence that Rose, Noah and Jennings will fit better with Hornaceks schemes. You can't take a patchwork of assumptions and start drawing complex conclusions from it.

Please explain your statement about complex conclusions. Nothing I've presented is complex. It's as logical as 2+2=4!!! Yes there is always a chance it doesn't work but IMO it's very low.

Hornacek has proven he knows how to incorporate scoring PG's into an offense and make use of forwards and centers that can shoot from 3 or run PnR. So the players Phil has on this roster fit perfectly into what Hornacek specializes in. I've provided my proof in various threads so you're going to have to explain why I'm wrong about how these players should fit.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/31/2016  8:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

or

Rose jumps and pass

Please explain your statement about complex conclusions. Nothing I've presented is complex. It's as logical as 2+2=4!!! Yes there is always a chance it doesn't work but IMO it's very low.

Hornacek has proven he knows how to incorporate scoring PG's into an offense and make use of forwards and centers that can shoot from 3 or run PnR. So the players Phil has on this roster fit perfectly into what Hornacek specializes in. I've provided my proof in various threads so you're going to have to explain why I'm wrong about how these players should fit.

I think I already explained it - what you are projecting isn't 2+2=4, it's more in the range of a+b+c+?+?+d+e = 55 wins. That's all. Too many question marks and variables are open in your analysis. I admire your level of optimism for the Knicks and your patience and respectful posting here, but I have to admit your ability to predict/forecast is not on the same level as those other virtues. That doesn't make you a lesser poster, in fact you seem to be the key component of holding up one side of the common discourse on this forum.

The whole "fit" thing was starting to sound like a foregone conclusion, so I was merely pointing out the obvious. There is no formula for fit, it's one of those things that's hard to explain. Trying to make the case for fit using shooting range and percentage of shots made from various points on the floor while admirable in its creativity is not very reliable in my opinion.

Chill.

meloshouldgo

8/31/2016  8:54 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

There is a stat for a stat that doesn't reflect the actual stat it is trying to reflect. Called the T-stat. Wiki it and your eyes go crosseyed. Thing is, NBA stat sites don't use this. Mostly cause NBA stats are just glorified counting. Regression is mostly useless because all of the input comes from the team's themselves who gloss stats to make stars. So, when you use your own eyes, I like that better than these NBA stats. We can look at Plus - Minus to see if Derricks teammates are better with him or without, but even that is biased because most teams will sit their top defenders if Rose leaves the game. So, notwithstanding the stat gnomes like me on here, trust yo gut.

UHH WHA???

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/31/2016  9:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2016  9:14 PM
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I told posters you have been a much better poster lately, a positive sum poster (as you like to say) and you respond with something that sounds a lot like " you're inferring of course how awesome I am."

You've spent the better part of your time here trying to be as disruptive a force as you could manage. I told everyone how you changed and you went fishing for more compliments.

dk7th
USA
8/31/2016  9:39 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I told posters you have been a much better poster lately, a positive sum poster (as you like to say) and you respond with something that sounds a lot like " you're inferring of course how awesome I am."

You've spent the better part of your time here trying to be as disruptive a force as you could manage. I told everyone how you changed and you went fishing for more compliments.

no, i was not fishing. i was expressing gratitude to you for your acknowledgement that i am capable of adapting my opinions based on results, for better or worse, and am not being merely a blind hater. there was no implication of awesomeness on my part, yet somehow you took my expression of gratitude to you and twisted it into my alleged self-aggrandizement. i don't know what is in your heart, or any man's other than my own, but i would suggest you search yours. from where i sit, it was mean spirited. forgive me if i am mistaken.

nixluva
USA
8/31/2016  11:59 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

or

Rose jumps and pass

I think I already explained it - what you are projecting isn't 2+2=4, it's more in the range of a+b+c+?+?+d+e = 55 wins. That's all. Too many question marks and variables are open in your analysis. I admire your level of optimism for the Knicks and your patience and respectful posting here, but I have to admit your ability to predict/forecast is not on the same level as those other virtues. That doesn't make you a lesser poster, in fact you seem to be the key component of holding up one side of the common discourse on this forum.

The whole "fit" thing was starting to sound like a foregone conclusion, so I was merely pointing out the obvious. There is no formula for fit, it's one of those things that's hard to explain. Trying to make the case for fit using shooting range and percentage of shots made from various points on the floor while admirable in its creativity is not very reliable in my opinion.

Chill.

I really don't know what you mean. First off Rose and Lee FIT. Rose is ball dominant and Lee is a proven catch and shoot low usage SG! Melo and KP are not only catch and shoot capable but they have multiple skills and can do just about anything on the floor. Noah is a great PnR and defensive center that is one of the best post passers in the game. Explain to us how that doesn't fit! What can you point to that would suggest these players don't fit together as well as fit coach Hornacek! In fact Rose, Noah, Melo and KP have played Triangle and Lee has played in old school offenses as well. So even when talking about Triangle vs uptempo spread offense stuff, these players have proven capable.

I'm sorry but this has NOTHING to do with season predictions. It's pure LOGIC!!! For me to accept your take I'm afraid you'll have to do better. I could get deeper into the details as I've done in other threads to further my point but it's not even necessary. Even if you're talking about chemistry there's an argument in favor since Rose n Noah already have chemistry as does Melo n KP. That makes the process a bit easier. I find this all very funny cuz I bet no one would be saying this if we signed CP3!!!

meloshouldgo

9/1/2016  12:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  12:32 PM
The point, I am trying to make is that you can't keep saying they fit, before they have shown that they can play together and complement each other. I am not saying the roster is badly constructed or that they can't possibly play together. But that "fit" depends on a lot of things that have nothing you do with preferred playing style. The Indiana Pacers fit, then Paul G banged Hilbert's girl friend and they never fit again. Apply your pure logic of one ball dominant guard and a catch and shoot guy to Curry and Klay, how does that work? Kyrie and JR? It only works when you consider things that are not part of your logic. That's what I am trying to point out. Fit requires more variables than two people with contrasting playing styles.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
9/1/2016  12:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/1/2016  12:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The point, I am trying to make is that you can't keep saying they fit, before they have shown that they can play together and complement each other. I am not saying the roster is badly constructed or that they can't possibly play together. But that "fit" depends on a lot of things that have nothing you do with preferred playing style. The Indiana Pacers fit, then Paul G banged Hilbert's girl friend and they never fit again. Apply your pure logic of one ball dominant guard and a catch and shoot guy to Curry and Klay, how does that work? Kyrie and JR? It only works when you consider things that are not part of your logic. That's what I am trying to point out. Fit requires more variables than two people with contrasting playing styles.

Of course they fit! No need for training camp or practices or the usual 15-20 regular season games gel time it takes most newly constructed teams. nixluva is a precog obviously.

nixluva
USA
9/1/2016  12:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:The point, I am trying to make is that you can't keep saying they fit, before they have shown that they can play together and complement each other. I am not saying the roster is badly constructed or that they can't possibly play together. But that "fit" depends on a lot of things that have nothing you do with preferred playing style. The Indiana Pacers fit, then Paul G banged Hilbert's girl friend and they never fit again. Apply your pure logic of one ball dominant guard and a catch and shoot guy to Curry and Klay, how does that work? Kyrie and JR? It only works when you consider things that are not part of your logic. That's what I am trying to point out. Fit requires more variables than two people with contrasting playing styles.

RIGHT, so you're just going to totally ignore the impact of Jeff Hornacek??? I pretty clearly stated that this includes having a coach that knows how to make it work with guards EXACTLY like Rose and Jennings. JH made it work with scoring guards in PHX!!! If you're just gonna leave this key factor out then sure, maybe you'd have more of a valid point.

You'd have to explain why JH can't get this group to do the same things. What is it that would indicate these payers can't execute this kind of stuff? Do you have some evidence that supports the notion that these players will somehow stop being able to do these kinds of things they proven over their careers that they can do at a high level???

Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/1/2016  2:22 PM
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
dk7th wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

no, i was not fishing. i was expressing gratitude to you for your acknowledgement that i am capable of adapting my opinions based on results, for better or worse, and am not being merely a blind hater. there was no implication of awesomeness on my part, yet somehow you took my expression of gratitude to you and twisted it into my alleged self-aggrandizement. i don't know what is in your heart, or any man's other than my own, but i would suggest you search yours. from where i sit, it was mean spirited. forgive me if i am mistaken.

i hope you have learned your lesson today, Gustav. Meanwhile dk of all people is referring to Rose as a narcissist. it's comedy night.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
dk7th
USA
9/1/2016  5:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

or

Rose jumps and pass

Chill.

I really don't know what you mean. First off Rose and Lee FIT. Rose is ball dominant and Lee is a proven catch and shoot low usage SG! Melo and KP are not only catch and shoot capable but they have multiple skills and can do just about anything on the floor. Noah is a great PnR and defensive center that is one of the best post passers in the game. Explain to us how that doesn't fit! What can you point to that would suggest these players don't fit together as well as fit coach Hornacek! In fact Rose, Noah, Melo and KP have played Triangle and Lee has played in old school offenses as well. So even when talking about Triangle vs uptempo spread offense stuff, these players have proven capable.

I'm sorry but this has NOTHING to do with season predictions. It's pure LOGIC!!! For me to accept your take I'm afraid you'll have to do better. I could get deeper into the details as I've done in other threads to further my point but it's not even necessary. Even if you're talking about chemistry there's an argument in favor since Rose n Noah already have chemistry as does Melo n KP. That makes the process a bit easier. I find this all very funny cuz I bet no one would be saying this if we signed CP3!!!

rose being a "ball dominant" guard-- these are your own words now-- does not fit. you have just contradicted yourself.

nixluva
USA
9/1/2016  8:23 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

or

Rose jumps and pass

Chill.

rose being a "ball dominant" guard-- these are your own words now-- does not fit. you have just contradicted yourself.

WTF are you talking about??? You think Rose is not going to handle the ball a lot? You're F'n lost if you think he's brought in to just give up the ball and run around. Don't be silly. Rose is going to be used smartly by JH but he's gonna have the ball more than Lee for sure. Lee excels without having the ball. Now I'm not saying Rose is gonna needlessly handle the ball more than he already has in his career so I don't know what you're talking about.

I've already shown how Rose has played in his career even in recent years and Goran Dragic had a Usage of 24.5 and 21.8 under Hornacek. This was with Dragic starting next to Bledsoe avg'ing a usage of 24.9 and 23.7.

dk7th
USA
9/1/2016  9:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
dk7th wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
nixluva wrote:

or

Rose jumps and pass

Chill.

WTF are you talking about??? You think Rose is not going to handle the ball a lot? You're F'n lost if you think he's brought in to just give up the ball and run around. Don't be silly. Rose is going to be used smartly by JH but he's gonna have the ball more than Lee for sure. Lee excels without having the ball. Now I'm not saying Rose is gonna needlessly handle the ball more than he already has in his career so I don't know what you're talking about.

I've already shown how Rose has played in his career even in recent years and Goran Dragic had a Usage of 24.5 and 21.8 under Hornacek. This was with Dragic starting next to Bledsoe avg'ing a usage of 24.9 and 23.7.

there are too may conflicting agendas in terms offensive philosophies and the players brought in, and too much injury history, for you to be anything but skeptical about how the knicks will do. that's why most projection models have the knicks winning anywhere from 35-43 games.

nixluva
USA
9/1/2016  11:01 PM
dk7th wrote:
there are too may conflicting agendas in terms offensive philosophies and the players brought in, and too much injury history, for you to be anything but skeptical about how the knicks will do. that's why most projection models have the knicks winning anywhere from 35-43 games.

Most projections aren't taking into account the things I've pointed out. Most don't recognize how these players fit into what Hornacek likes to do or how creative JH actually is as a coach that knows how to maximize the talent he has.

What offensive Philosophy issues are you talking about? What players clash with each other so much that this roster doesn't make sense? Explain to us how BJ doesn't fit!

How does Rose not fit? What is there to suggest Rose would have trouble executing Hornacek's schemes?

We know Lee is a solid 3nD SG, Melo and KP can do it all for their positions. Please break it down how these players don't fit!!!

DRose Last Playoff Run A Hopeful Sign for NYK

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy