[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil Jackson Chronicles - Phil had a chance to get Crowder instead of a pick from Dallas
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/26/2016  10:54 AM
“I don’t consider hiring Fish a mistake because he worked hard and got the guys to stay as positive as possible while the losses piled up. I think the biggest mistake I made was actually this…One of the first deals I engineered when I came back to New York was to trade Tyson Chandler and Raymond Felton to Dallas for Shane Larkin, Jose Calderon, Wayne Ellington, Samuel Dalembert, plus a second-round pick that the Mavs owed to the Celtics. In talking with Boston, I was given the option of taking that pick or else taking Jae Crowder. I liked Crowder but I thought he wouldn’t get much of a chance to play behind Carmelo, so I took the pick which turned out to be Cleanthony Early. While Cleanthony has missed lots of time in the past two seasons with us, he still has the potential to be a valuable player. Even so, I should have taken Crowder.

http://www.todaysfastbreak.com/nba-east/new-york-knicks/phil-jackson-chronicles-part-7-2015-16-season-postmortem/?utm_campaign=Contact+SNS+For+More+Referrer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=snsanalytics

Interesting. You can't really look back too much, but it would've been nice to get Crowder.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

8/26/2016  10:58 AM
Like I said from the time Phil made the trade: "he ****ed up". I'm sure the spin-brigade on this board will try to find some silver lining where there is none though. But the reality is that this trade should rank among the woret ever made by this organization and is part of a disturbing pattern for squandering assets in trades under the Phil Jackson administration.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/26/2016  11:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2016  11:02 AM
Dam....Crowder could've been our 3 and D guy. Could improve his efficiency a little on the offensive end, but is one of those guys that just impacts the game on both ends.

Really like his game and he's only 26 and getting better and better each year. Phuckin' Phil!!!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/26/2016  11:04 AM
You can't spin that... Colossal **** up
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/26/2016  11:12 AM
Yeah, I'd been coveting a guy like Thad Young to put next to Melo. Crowder seems like he woulda been perfect.

Imagine a frontline of:

Melo
Crowder
KP

That's a great modern NBA frontcourt.

Also,

Crowder
KP
Noah

would be a great defensive lineup.

Oh well.
Seems like Phil thought Early could be that guy... it's too bad he could never put it together.

¿ △ ?
blkexec
Member: #748
8/26/2016  3:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2016  3:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:Yeah, I'd been coveting a guy like Thad Young to put next to Melo. Crowder seems like he woulda been perfect.

Imagine a frontline of:

Melo
Crowder
KP

That's a great modern NBA frontcourt.

Also,

Crowder
KP
Noah

would be a great defensive lineup.

Oh well.
Seems like Phil thought Early could be that guy... it's too bad he could never put it together.

"While Cleanthony has missed lots of time in the past two seasons with us, he still has the potential to be a valuable player," Jackson said. "Even so, I should have taken Crowder. Anyway, for all of us, making mistakes are part of the learning process."

This is what you like in a leader. He made some mistakes and owning them. We had too many rookies at one time, so we were bound to fail. This year is a different story. But if you are afraid to fail, you will never win!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Pavvy
Member: #2992

8/26/2016  3:40 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Dam....Crowder could've been our 3 and D guy. Could improve his efficiency a little on the offensive end, but is one of those guys that just impacts the game on both ends.

Really like his game and he's only 26 and getting better and better each year. Phuckin' Phil!!!

sounds good but we got Lance Thomas for that.....if we had Crowder then Lance wouldnt have gotten much playing time

Pavvy
Member: #2992

8/26/2016  3:43 PM

"While Cleanthony has missed lots of time in the past two seasons with us, he still has the potential to be a valuable player," Jackson said. "Even so, I should have taken Crowder. Anyway, for all of us, making mistakes are part of the learning process."

This is what you like in a leader. He made some mistakes and owning them. We had too many rookies at one time, so we were bound to fail. This year is a different story. But if you are afraid to fail, you will never win!

to be fair we got quite a few rookies in this upcoming season as well.....Kuz, Willy, Plumlee, Ndour and 15th player if its Randle or Ron Baker and also KP will still only be in his 2nd year

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/26/2016  3:44 PM
I wish he took Crowder. The Knicks probably would have won a few more games though. Cauleystein or Kaminsky might be a knick now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/26/2016  4:25 PM
This is a big hit, but these misses happen all of the time. C Early could have easily been a Crowder-type, but it is what it is.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/26/2016  4:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I wish he took Crowder. The Knicks probably would have won a few more games though. Cauleystein or Kaminsky might be a knick now.

Who knows what could have happen. Maybe they win more games but get the 2nd pick overall like LA.

What if the Knicks would have drafted Jokic over Early and then the following year, instead of making a trade for Willy H, they would have picked Josh Richardson since they didn't need another big.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/26/2016  4:56 PM
In the end the Knicks made out really well with KP, so i'm not really looking back. You can play the what if game all day and it gets you nowhere.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

8/26/2016  6:55 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Dam....Crowder could've been our 3 and D guy. Could improve his efficiency a little on the offensive end, but is one of those guys that just impacts the game on both ends.

he was actually very efficient this year.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
8/26/2016  7:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I wish he took Crowder. The Knicks probably would have won a few more games though. Cauleystein or Kaminsky might be a knick now.

Ya, scared to play Butterfly Effect now that KP is cast as the franchise. It is what it is, but interesting to hear Phil open up and acknowledge his misses.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/26/2016  7:07 PM
Nobody would have known about it if Phil didn't spill the beans.... so chiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllll
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

8/26/2016  7:08 PM
I dig the self reflection and honesty. In past, we'd just get this from an unnamed source. At least he fesses up.
Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/26/2016  7:12 PM
“I liked Crowder, but I thought he wouldn’t get much of a chance to play behind Carmelo [Anthony],” Jackson said

Crowder get quite lucky to stay away from Melo Knicks...
Lets see if Kuz will get any time next year.
At least Melo is older and should not demand 40 min of playing time any more.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
NardDogNation
Member: #5555

8/26/2016  8:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/26/2016  8:54 PM
Pavvy wrote:

sounds good but we got Lance Thomas for that.....if we had Crowder then Lance wouldnt have gotten much playing time

Slide Melo to the 4, start Crowder and bring Thomas in off the bench as their sub. Problem solved.

And then there is the obvious fact that we could've traded one of the aforementioned for a pick or a position of need. There is no excuse for leaving value on the table, especially given our circumstances.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/26/2016  9:07 PM
I respect his honesty. Nothing wrong with admitting a mistake,weakness,or criticism. You need to go through those things in order to get better. Thats why i always say that pointing mistakes out isnt being negative its just being objective and hoping the knicks will learn from it so they can get better
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/27/2016  12:01 AM
“But, really, when you come down to it, the triangle is just a way to format basic basketball. Lots of teams run many aspects of the triangle, with San Antonio being the most successful example. What we lacked that, say, the Spurs had, were guards who could penetrate and force defenses to make the kinds of adjustments that left other players open.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Phil Jackson Chronicles - Phil had a chance to get Crowder instead of a pick from Dallas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy