[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lance Stevenson for the minimum?
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

8/30/2016  10:45 AM
talent wise, id sign him. hes a solid defender who is a playmaker. kinda like a pseudo PG that would be great on a second unit.

but id have reservations being that hes FROM here. my boys see him at clubs and parties all the time. he runs with a THICK THICK crew. id be nervous about him coming back home. this spells JR SMITH all over again

i wouldnt mind giving him a one yr contract though - so he can be on his best behavior. knicks need help off the bench

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/30/2016  3:35 PM
dk7th wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:one more thing: how can you be in "win now mode" when realistically this year the knicks *may* make the playoffs. "win-now" mode is a fantasy, or a bit of wishful thinking by naive and desperate fans spurred by jackson toying with the media.

the only way anybody can think of the knicks in win-now mode is if they are legitimate contenders, a top 5 team. does anyone in their right minds think the knicks are legitimate contenders?!?

kooky

That wiley old coot Phil signed two guys that are going to be 31 at the start of the season to four year deals. Was that part of his plan to toy with the media?

Pretty much. Star phuck city. You don't go from 32 wins to contender with these moves. The most you can hope for with perfect health and gel time permitting is a +10 to +12 game uptick, and that's if all the pieces come together and the rest of the east regresses.

Not terrible deals Phil doled out, but still doesn't put us anywhere near the top half of the east. Best case scenario for this 3 to 4 year window is KP gets alot of 1st and and maybe 2nd round playoff experience, and we get real impactful players as he enters his prime years.

i think lee is a solid pro, high character guy who will age well. noah i feel exactly the same. yes the contracts are too long but in terms of culture noah's presence and influence on kp6 is going to be fantastic, justifying the length of his contract. so far as the two knucklehead point guards on one-year contracts, well... i chalk that up to sunk costs. i don't like either of them in terms of character, so i see placeholders on a 3-4 year timeline. [rose will be in court on october 4th, first day of preseason-- this is really bad.] fans who think these moves are for "win-now" are delusional. if melo wins a title or gets to the finals in his last, opt-in year, then good for melo.

serious, dolan-like, mistakes could be made with this dangerous mindset of win-now. in fact, all you need to do is google "phil jackson win now" and all you get is berman and begley never actually quoting phil jackson using those words. the term itself is either put in quotes or in brackets, meaning it is the writer's inference and not actually from the horse's mouth, either jackson or mills.

seems like many fans who want to interpret the proceedings as win-now, are still addicted to a drunkard dolan's impulsivity and cluelessness.

I think you are making a mistake here. Management making win-now type moves and thinking the Knicks are going to win because of these moves are two different things. I love Noah but KP and Lopez played really well together. Lopez was fantastic as a Knick. Lopez has a great contract and does not have the age/injury concerns of Noah. Trading Grant, a guy that might do very well playing for Hornacek, after a rookie year where he was supposed to play as a triangle point under two different coaches is a win now move in my opinion. This team has the feel of the 54 win team in that it has the chance for things to work out but guys might not make it through the season and may not be back after one season. The Rose trade gave up two young guys that were supposed to be a part of the future for the Knicks. Signing a center with a bad knee at 31 for four years certainly looks like a win now move. Signing a 31 year old shooting guard to a 4 year deal looks like a win now move. Three fifths of the Knick starting line up will be 35 or 36 when KP is 25.
In regards to the civil suit please research the particulars of the case.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/30/2016  3:54 PM
No way Phil signs him. Too much of a head case.
klintorious
Member: #3052
USA
8/30/2016  7:51 PM
Definitely worth the risk at the minimum. I'm new here. Can we say words like ****, ****, ****sucker and ****??
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/30/2016  10:11 PM
klintorious wrote:Definitely worth the risk at the minimum. I'm new here. Can we say words like ****, ****, ****sucker and ****??

No but I think you might make the hall of fame for best first post ever

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
8/31/2016  8:22 AM
EnySpree wrote:
klintorious wrote:Definitely worth the risk at the minimum. I'm new here. Can we say words like ****, ****, ****sucker and ****??

Assumably he is holding out for more than the minimum. That said, if he is willing to sign for the minimum, you have to take that risk. At that price, the contract is tradeable in December. The contract by itself creates value. He and Vujacic can compete for those extra minutes at 2.

This is the Randle.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

8/31/2016  9:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2016  10:25 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Assumably he is holding out for more than the minimum. That said, if he is willing to sign for the minimum, you have to take that risk. At that price, the contract is tradeable in December. The contract by itself creates value. He and Vujacic can compete for those extra minutes at 2.

Agreed. Pretty much how I feel too although I'd have him way ahead of Vujacic -- I'd actually have him competing for more meaningful PT with guys like Holiday at backup 2 and Jennings at backup point. I really don't know what to expect from Jennings -- he's been pretty inefficient as a high volume player but hoping his role off the bench (come in firing/instant offense) suits him perfectly but if not, if it looks like Jennings doesn't fit and starts hurting us, then give me Lance as more of a bigger scorer/playmaker (one who looks to be much more efficient). Not sure how long a leash I'd have with Jennings. We should know pretty quickly whether he could help us or not... And I also really want to find out about Holiday with more minutes but if he falters, then I'd want to see LS there too. Then obviously if there are any injuries, we elevate LS on the depth chart and plug him in at either position.

If we ever picked up LS, I'd want him as a long-term player here unless his immaturity/poor behavior resurfaces and prohibits that from happening. Ideally, we pick up Lance cheap, JH finds him some PT along the way, the team plays winning ball, Lance matures both as a player and person, and we consider him long-term. Might be asking too much (gotta get the guy in the fold here first)...We'll see.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

8/31/2016  9:15 PM
NYKBocker wrote:No way Phil signs him. Too much of a head case.

Head case like D.Rodman or R.Artest?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/1/2016  9:26 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:No way Phil signs him. Too much of a head case.

Head case like D.Rodman or R.Artest?

Yeah, but with less talent. So, more like JR Smith. 😱

But seriously, Jax wasnt a young coach when he got those players. I am still pro Lance at the Vet Min, but lets not act like its adding RonRon or Worm to a championship caliber squad.

This is the Randle.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

9/10/2016  8:58 AM
Signs a 1-yr deal with the Pelicans. Pels looking for guard depth after granting Jrue Holiday a leave of absence to take care of his wife. Well that closes the book on Lance.
mreinman
Member: #3189

9/10/2016  9:23 PM
why so much lance love/talk? Who cares about him? Is it because he is a local?
so here is what phil is thinking ....
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/10/2016  11:15 PM
mreinman wrote:why so much lance love/talk? Who cares about him? Is it because he is a local?

Probably because he is a young player who had success in the past that could've been got on the cheap. Plus he had a decent year last year. I would've taken Lance over Justin.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/10/2016  11:24 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:why so much lance love/talk? Who cares about him? Is it because he is a local?

Probably because he is a young player who had success in the past that could've been got on the cheap. Plus he had a decent year last year. I would've taken Lance over Justin.

They could have had both.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Lance Stevenson for the minimum?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy