[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

BBall breakdown video: How Derrick Rose and Jeff Hornacek will fit with the Knicks
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2016  3:14 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/26/2016  3:27 AM
That was excellent Crush. Thx for posting this. I always enjoy his video breakdowns.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/26/2016  9:16 AM
Great video.

So is Hornacek going to show Rose how many times a game he passes while jumping up in the air?
Because the NY crowd will surely let him know if he keeps messing that up.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/26/2016  9:19 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Great video.

So is Hornacek going to show Rose how many times a game he passes while jumping up in the air?

I am sure that he will because Thibs, Hoiberg and the Chicago fans were always too drunk to pick up on this

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/26/2016  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2016  9:22 AM
mreinman wrote:

I am sure that he will because Thibs, Hoiberg and the Chicago fans were always too drunk to pick up on this

He was "the man" in Chicago...different role here. Probably more open to suggestion. Also contract year. More assists more efficiency = More $$ for him.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/26/2016  9:40 AM
Hornacek has proven to be a good offensive coach. The Knicks have built a similar team to what he had in Phoenix when they were a surprising team. They will be much better offensively this season and a bit better defensively.

Rose will have to learn or else he will not earn a big deal next year.

Dagger
Member: #4184

7/26/2016  9:54 AM

It is pretty much Clyde's pet peeve so I'm sure he will criticize ad nauseum this season unless it changes.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/26/2016  10:09 AM
Dagger wrote:

It is pretty much Clyde's pet peeve so I'm sure he will criticize ad nauseum this season unless it changes.

its only bad when its a habit.

The varying opinions on Rose around here are wild. I am really looking forward to seeing him on the floor with this group. We have heard from guys like Thibs, and other players around the league that the Knicks are getting a great player. We have heard also that Rose hurts his team more than Jose and was the worst PG in the NBA from members of the UK faithful. It should be a very interesting season. I am really looking forward to seeing how this group comes together.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
7/26/2016  10:44 AM
fishmike wrote:
Dagger wrote:

The varying opinions on Rose around here are wild. I am really looking forward to seeing him on the floor with this group. We have heard from guys like Thibs, and other players around the league that the Knicks are getting a great player. We have heard also that Rose hurts his team more than Jose and was the worst PG in the NBA from members of the UK faithful. It should be a very interesting season. I am really looking forward to seeing how this group comes together.

Rose once won 62 games as the starting PG for his team. He was also the top WS player on that team at 13.1. The injuries interrupted his career. This is a chance for Rose to try and get back to being an impact player. He's gonna have a lot of talent around him. He's gonna have a lot of motivation to be on his best behavior and to come into camp in the best possible condition and preparation.

It's also going to be important for Rose to listen to Hornacek and FULLY BUY IN. All the players have to do that but Rose as the ball handler really has to be in sync with his coach. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be.

mreinman

7/26/2016  10:54 AM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Dagger wrote:

Rose once won 62 games as the starting PG for his team. He was also the top WS player on that team at 13.1. The injuries interrupted his career. This is a chance for Rose to try and get back to being an impact player. He's gonna have a lot of talent around him. He's gonna have a lot of motivation to be on his best behavior and to come into camp in the best possible condition and preparation.

It's also going to be important for Rose to listen to Hornacek and FULLY BUY IN. All the players have to do that but Rose as the ball handler really has to be in sync with his coach. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be.

You can't even think of a few? C'mon nix ... see the upside and the downside.

How about that Rose has not been in sync with coaches for a while? How about that Rose thinks he is still the same player that he once was and really has not recognized that he is not, or that he has not recognized that he takes horrible shots, or that he has not recognized that his jump passing is horrible, or that he is not a good mid range shooter even though he just said that he is (bizarre)?

Sometimes players can hear/take constructive criticism from others and some players just can't no matter how irrefutable the evidence is. If people want to ignore evidence and choose to stick to what the stupidly believe, there is not much you can do about that.

Can JH and Phil get to Rose? They can but I don't have a lot of confidence that they will regardless of how many "what if" arguments people make. Right now, he has to prove it on the court. If he proves me wrong, I will be the first one to sing his praises just like I did with Derrick Williams.

I am much more optimistic about Jennings. The dude wants to be here so bad and I don't believe he is suffering with the same ego problem and self denial like Rose.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/26/2016  11:01 AM
Dagger wrote:

Yup. That and picking up your dribble.

nixluva
USA
7/26/2016  12:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Dagger wrote:

How about that Rose has not been in sync with coaches for a while? How about that Rose thinks he is still the same player that he once was and really has not recognized that he is not, or that he has not recognized that he takes horrible shots, or that he has not recognized that his jump passing is horrible, or that he is not a good mid range shooter even though he just said that he is (bizarre)?

Sometimes players can hear/take constructive criticism from others and some players just can't no matter how irrefutable the evidence is. If people want to ignore evidence and choose to stick to what the stupidly believe, there is not much you can do about that.

Can JH and Phil get to Rose? They can but I don't have a lot of confidence that they will regardless of how many "what if" arguments people make. Right now, he has to prove it on the court. If he proves me wrong, I will be the first one to sing his praises just like I did with Derrick Williams.

I am much more optimistic about Jennings. The dude wants to be here so bad and I don't believe he is suffering with the same ego problem and self denial like Rose.

WOW! Ego and self denial problem? Perhaps Rose has had issues with his ego and self denial, but this is not his hometown or his old situation in Chicago. This is a totally new situation and he knows full well that he can't play around here in NY when his next contract is on the line. I expect Rose to be fully compliant with what Hornacek is asking him to do. You're talking like Rose is some team killing malcontent. That's not how his teammates talk about him. Thibs loved him. Maybe Hoiberg had issues but I couldn't tell you anything about that.

I just think about what Rose said:

I’m 27 years old — there’s still so much ahead for me. I really believe this trade is a blessing. After all of the emotions passed through me, I started to realize how pumped I am for what comes next. I’m going to be playing alongside Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis. This is an amazing opportunity. I can’t wait.

I don't see him coming here and not being motivated to make this work.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/26/2016  12:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2016  12:27 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

He was "the man" in Chicago...different role here. Probably more open to suggestion. Also contract year. More assists more efficiency = More $$ for him.

He had a lot of excellent players in Chicago. There was no reason for him to chuck low percentage shots.
Dagger
Member: #4184

7/26/2016  1:25 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

He had a lot of excellent players in Chicago. There was no reason for him to chuck low percentage shots.

What "excellent" offensive players did he play with in Chicago when he was healthy? Who were the offensive equivalents of Melo and KP on those teams?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/26/2016  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2016  1:41 PM
Dagger wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

What "excellent" offensive players did he play with in Chicago when he was healthy? Who were the offensive equivalents of Melo and KP on those teams?

Are you talking about last year? I'd consider Gasol and Butler on the border between very good and excellent. Many of their role players are good and have spots on the court where they're very effective. There was no need to put up 16 points on 16 shots a game. That's chucking. I'm really hoping Hornacek can change Rose's mindset.
mreinman

7/26/2016  2:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Dagger wrote:

WOW! Ego and self denial problem? Perhaps Rose has had issues with his ego and self denial, but this is not his hometown or his old situation in Chicago. This is a totally new situation and he knows full well that he can't play around here in NY when his next contract is on the line. I expect Rose to be fully compliant with what Hornacek is asking him to do. You're talking like Rose is some team killing malcontent. That's not how his teammates talk about him. Thibs loved him. Maybe Hoiberg had issues but I couldn't tell you anything about that.

I just think about what Rose said:

I’m 27 years old — there’s still so much ahead for me. I really believe this trade is a blessing. After all of the emotions passed through me, I started to realize how pumped I am for what comes next. I’m going to be playing alongside Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis. This is an amazing opportunity. I can’t wait.

I don't see him coming here and not being motivated to make this work.

so he does not get motivated in his home town but NY will light his fire?

How about his last couple of years with Thibs? Do you think that he played the way Thibs wanted him to play?

He might just be who he is ... players rarely just all of the sudden have an awakening.

mreinman

7/26/2016  2:09 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Dagger wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Are you talking about last year? I'd consider Gasol and Butler on the border between very good and excellent. Many of their role players are good and have spots on the court where they're very effective. There was no need to put up 16 points on 16 shots a game. That's chucking. I'm really hoping Hornacek can change Rose's mindset.

Don't sleep on Justin Holliday

Gasol was definitely a better offensive player than KP, Butler is excellent, Mirotic is good, Gibson is good. Noah was pretty bad but he is damn good now that he is motivated to be a knicks :-)

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/26/2016  2:12 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Dagger wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

what mindset? Butler/Gasol/Rose were pretty even in shot attempts. Gasol and Butler were about 48% in their EFG% while Rose was 45%. How much Bulls BB did you watch last year to get a handle on Rose's mindset? You do understand someone has to score the ball to win? I can see why you miss Jose.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
mreinman

7/26/2016  2:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Dagger wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

what mindset? Butler/Gasol/Rose were pretty even in shot attempts. Gasol and Butler were about 48% in their EFG% while Rose was 45%. How much Bulls BB did you watch last year to get a handle on Rose's mindset? You do understand someone has to score the ball to win? I can see why you miss Jose.

WS48:

Butler .177
Gasol .149
Rose .009

Hence the problem with FG.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2016  2:21 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Dagger wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I think he is referring to his entire tenure in Chicago because he asked about teams. He also asked about guys on the team when he was healthy. I think that would be 08-10 teams and then to a lesser extent last year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BBall breakdown video: How Derrick Rose and Jeff Hornacek will fit with the Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy