[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Highlights- Melo's first game with team USA
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/23/2016  8:23 AM

Showed good quick elevation on jump shot. Did not miss a shot in second half. Had some trouble finishing on the dunk attempt. Only tried driving a couple of times, first step okay. Had trouble exploding to rim on one drive, once past defender, but got fouled. Overall shot looked smooth. Probably hope he stays outside so as to stay healthy.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/23/2016  9:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2016  9:03 AM
Full box score
http://www.usab.com/news-events/live-stats/2016/07/box-score-2016-mnt-showcase-game-usa-vs-argentina.aspx
Melo was mostly shooting 3s apparently but he shot well.
Cousins had 15 rebounds in 16 minutes. LOL
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/23/2016  9:11 AM
We have simply broken Argentina--once a great great team.
RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/23/2016  9:12 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Showed good quick elevation on jump shot. Did not miss a shot in second half. Had some trouble finishing on the dunk attempt. Only tried driving a couple of times, first step okay. Had trouble exploding to rim on one drive, once past defender, but got fouled. Overall shot looked smooth. Probably hope he stays outside so as to stay healthy.

Are we thinking that the explosiveness issue is age, still getting in shape, or injury, related?

His outside shooting might be more important for us this year, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/23/2016  9:17 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/23/2016  9:54 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:

He got fouled on that dunk attempt. I also see a Melo that's trying to take the shots given to him. He's not the man on this team that's not his role so he's playing a team game. He looks awesome out there.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/23/2016  10:00 AM

EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

He got fouled on that dunk attempt. I also see a Melo that's trying to take the shots given to him. He's not the man on this team that's not his role so he's playing a team game. He looks awesome out there.

Did he get fouled? With the video quality and angle shown, it was impossible for me to tell.
EnySpree

7/23/2016  10:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2016  10:03 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Did he get fouled? With the video quality and angle shown, it was impossible for me to tell.

Looks like he was trying to avoid turning his ankle.

Anyway whatever your eyeball see... he's 32 years old. He's not going to tear down the rim like he's 20 years old.... Dude is still an elite player and getting praised by his coaches and peers for his leadership.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/23/2016  2:10 PM
read a stat that Melo shot 48% from 3 when uncontested. We know JH has mentioned getting him down court faster. He should be spotting up everytime down and forcing someone to stick him otherwise he's going to shoot 10 of those a game and kill you with it.

Really looking forward to a faster spread offense. Im a bit concerned about 3rd PG. Would be nice to see us get Randle. I think that spot gets some burn for sure this year, but I could also just see Sasha getting time there. Sasha is a good player to give a spot start to, and you keep Jennings in his 3rd guard, 6th man role. You KNOW JH is going to play small alot with Melo at the 4, KP/Noah/Willy/KOQ at the 5 and have 3 guards or Kuz at the 3 to spread it.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/23/2016  3:33 PM
fishmike wrote:read a stat that Melo shot 48% from 3 when uncontested. We know JH has mentioned getting him down court faster. He should be spotting up everytime down and forcing someone to stick him otherwise he's going to shoot 10 of those a game and kill you with it.

Really looking forward to a faster spread offense. Im a bit concerned about 3rd PG. Would be nice to see us get Randle. I think that spot gets some burn for sure this year, but I could also just see Sasha getting time there. Sasha is a good player to give a spot start to, and you keep Jennings in his 3rd guard, 6th man role. You KNOW JH is going to play small alot with Melo at the 4, KP/Noah/Willy/KOQ at the 5 and have 3 guards or Kuz at the 3 to spread it.

Yeah I also expect to see a lot of Small ball from JH. He loves the pace and space you can get with that and we have the right bigs to play that way and still have rim protection.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
7/23/2016  3:55 PM
he has a pretty stroke but lets be real: has almost no lift on that jump shot, less than ever.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
USA
7/23/2016  4:04 PM
dk7th wrote:he has a pretty stroke but lets be real: has almost no lift on that jump shot, less than ever.

WTF are you talking about? LIFT? Man this is a weak point to be trying to make IMO. I really don't get your negative attitude at all.

dk7th
USA
7/23/2016  4:17 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:he has a pretty stroke but lets be real: has almost no lift on that jump shot, less than ever.

WTF are you talking about? LIFT? Man this is a weak point to be trying to make IMO. I really don't get your negative attitude at all.

so my observation of his lift is wrong? if i am stating a fact that happens to upset you, that is not being negative.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
7/23/2016  4:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Anyway whatever your eyeball see... he's 32 years old. He's not going to tear down the rim like he's 20 years old.... Dude is still an elite player and getting praised by his coaches and peers for his leadership.

no he ended up too far underneath the basket and had to arch back a bit to dunk it. now maybe he was avoiding the block or maybe he needed to gather himself with a bigger step than he would otherwise be taking IF he had some lift....

nixluva
USA
7/23/2016  4:37 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:

so my observation of his lift is wrong? if i am stating a fact that happens to upset you, that is not being negative.

How is it a "fact" that Melo has "less than ever" lift? You will have to do a lot better than just your word to prove that kind of statement. Also it really isn't material if he's making shots. He's getting enough lift to make shots. You couldn't find anything else to bash Melo with so you go with LIFT?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2016  5:24 PM
dk7th wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

no he ended up too far underneath the basket and had to arch back a bit to dunk it. now maybe he was avoiding the block or maybe he needed to gather himself with a bigger step than he would otherwise be taking IF he had some lift....

I think you guys are both right. He definitely landed gingerly and looked like he was trying to avoid something.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
7/23/2016  6:10 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:

How is it a "fact" that Melo has "less than ever" lift? You will have to do a lot better than just your word to prove that kind of statement. Also it really isn't material if he's making shots. He's getting enough lift to make shots. You couldn't find anything else to bash Melo with so you go with LIFT?

dial it back a bit, nixluva. i have been effusive in my praise of him last season. he played 25 extraordinary games and should he continue to play that way this coming season that praise will continue, since athleticism was not required to play like that. but he's never been blessed with hops and all i am saying is your athleticism declines after age thirty. also you need to look at the trend of his 3-point shooting: it has been trending down. 34% from downtown is nothing to write home about.

nixluva
USA
7/23/2016  7:27 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:

dial it back a bit, nixluva. i have been effusive in my praise of him last season. he played 25 extraordinary games and should he continue to play that way this coming season that praise will continue, since athleticism was not required to play like that. but he's never been blessed with hops and all i am saying is your athleticism declines after age thirty. also you need to look at the trend of his 3-point shooting: it has been trending down. 34% from downtown is nothing to write home about.

That "trend" includes issues with his knee that needed to be fixed. I actually expect Melo to improve his 3pt shooting as he's had time to improve his leg strength and overall conditioning. It's not really expected that his jumper should drop significantly as long as he's healthy. Shooters tend to keep that skill even as they age!

Melo started off slow and got better until he tripped over the ref. That set him back a bit but he ended strong with March being his best month, shooting 40.7% from 3. I don't believe in your take that Melo's 3pt shot is falling off due to age.

EnySpree

7/23/2016  9:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2016  10:59 PM
nixluva wrote:

I gotta say that's annoying... "lift"?... the dude is stroking the 3 like a boss and we're talking about his lift? He's snapping the **** out of the net and we're going to complain that he doesn't jump high enough for your liking? Like who cares the guys jumper is wet.

dk7th
USA
7/23/2016  11:18 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I gotta say that's annoying... "lift"?... the dude is stroking the 3 like a boss and we're talking about his lift? He's snapping the **** out of the net and we're going to complain that he doesn't jump high enough for your liking? Like who cares the guys jumper is wet.

he's stroking it like a boss but he's playing against the argentine national team...

Highlights- Melo's first game with team USA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy