[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks one of 3 teams in talks with C.Randle
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/2/2016  4:07 PM
Finestrg wrote:Up to me, Sasha Vujacic never would've been resigned. The man's been irrelevant in the NBA for a long time now. Any other NBA exec. running things for us and this guy's not even on the radar for a roster spot. All this was, like last year, was Phil throwing an old buddy a bone. Not a big deal--I'll live with it--but I would've preferred to have gone younger here..I would've preferred another TWO young guards to complete the roster (as it stands now, ONE more younger guard):

Ideally I would've went with Dinwiddie or Ron Baker for the Vujacic spot (3rd shooting guard), either Cat Barber or Bryce Cotton as the 15th man/3rd PG, and then would've looked to retain both Baker and Randle for Westchester. That would've been perfect world for me. As it stands now (with Vujacic), gimmie Dinwiddie/Barber/Cotton (in that order) for the last spot and I think we're good. Dinwiddie first for his size and versatility to play both guard spots; Barber next for his high-ceiling firepower potential at 6'2" (slightly bigger/younger with even higher upside over Cotton) or Bryce Cotton who's very underrated imo--good call Tommy Dee. I've thought the same for a long time now. The kid can play. 6' with a 40" vertical, he's quick, an excellent ball-handler, a very good shooter and he's got a real good shifty penetration/floater game--he reminds me of Aaron Brooks/Patty Mills with some Tony Parker to him.. DOMINATED the DL with the Toros, played very well for Utah when he got the call up and excelled once again in SL for Atlanta. If Rose and/or Jennings ever went down, I wouldn't mind having a PG waiting in the wings with that same type of game (quick, good offensive player, etc.). All in all, I still think Dinwiddie's the best guard available for that last spot, though. He'd be my first choice..

Also not entirely sure Randle really has other offers on the table. Hey maybe (N'Dour basically cashed in with the Mavs after playing well in 2 SL games I guess, right?), but I have my doubts. Sounds an awful lot like a smokescreen by his agent looking to squeeze the Knicks for the most money he can get. Hey maybe I'm wrong...I know this though: I have Dinwiddie/Barber/Cotton well ahead of Chasson Randle on my list for an extra PG.

Just not true at all... Knicks core rotation guys are Jennings/Rose/Lee at guard. After that young unproven guys in Holiday, Baker and Tokoko. All three guys are worth looking at, none should be expected to give you a spot start or quality veteran play which Sasha can provide. You need that. The Knicks need that. Can you name a good veteran guard we could sign for the min who fits that role? Sasha plays D, speaks a few languages, can hit 3s, was here last year so despite the new coach he knows his way around the front office... I mean come on dude. Phil Jackson is running the Knicks so he can throw his old buds a bone? IF that was the case Rambis would be the coach. Cmon now.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/2/2016  4:10 PM
martin wrote:
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Markji wrote:
I think the situation with Randle is salary. He is worth more than the rookie minimum and that is all we can offer. To get Randle we could do a sign and trade. He could sign with another team for higher than the rookie minimum and then we trade for him to balance his higher salary. I'm guessing he could get $1.5 to $1.75 million/year for 2 years. He had a very good year in the Euro league last year in addition to his excellent SL games.

Don't think we can do a sign and trade...he wasn't under contract with another team. Not sure if its the starting salary that is more than the min...but he may be looking for more than a non-guaranteed or single year contract.

I think this hits it on the head

Yes, I agree that he is looking for a guaranteed contract. I think he can get more than the minimum by playing overseas. And an NBA team with cap space can sign him for more than the minimum which I think he is looking for. If so, how can we get him?

guys who are NOT drafted, and definitely at this point, unless they just BLOW AWAY summer league don't get offers above the minimum, and definitely not guaranteed until later on. My guess is he is just jockeying for money. Or considering overseas.

I bet he could get $200k at the least playing overseas. Much better than a $25k D league check. It makes sense for him to try and get some partial guaranteed money. I have no doubt that's the waiting game.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

8/3/2016  12:46 AM
Randle would be the perfect 15th man on this roster. He has triangle skills, can lead a team and can shoot the ball. Can be developed by Hornacek. Better than Tokoto or Plumlee.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/3/2016  2:22 PM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/3/2016  2:56 PM
Nice. Some on twitter are speculating Plumlee might not make the team now.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
8/3/2016  3:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Nice. Some on twitter are speculating Plumlee might not make the team now.

I think they really like and need Randle. It's hard to say just what the Knicks will do in terms of the final roster. In any event I LOVE the talent we have to choose from. I think this can be a very good roster for Hornacek to work with. Some may underrate this talent but I think it's got a TON of upside.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/3/2016  3:22 PM
Excited about signing Chasson Randle.

I think they are at 17 now and can bring 20 to camp.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-ink-chasson-randle-partially-guaranteed-contract-article-1.2737190

Chasson Randle's impressive play during the Orlando Summer League has earned him a free agent contract with the Knicks.

The undrafted point guard out of Stanford, who spent last season playing professionally in Europe, will be in training camp with the Knicks after signing a partially guaranteed contract with the club on Wednesday.

Randle, who won the Czech league title with CEZ Nymburg last season, will have a chance to make the Knicks 15-man roster as a third strong point guard now that Langston Galloway has signed with New Orleans. The Knicks already added Derrick Rose and Brandon Jennings this offseason.

Randle averaged 18.3 points and five assists in three summer league games. He also shot 47.6 percent from the field and 55 percent on 3-pointers.

The Warriors and Knicks invited Randle to camp last October but he took a guaranteed contact in Europe.

¿ △ ?
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

8/3/2016  3:29 PM
IMO, he single-handedly turned around our SL team when he finally played in game 3 and made them look functional. I love this kid. He can obviously shoot and score, create a little bit (more so than Baker) and has a high basketball IQ. He would be the perfect 3rd string pg on this team. Another thing I like about him is that Golden State--a smart organization--liked this kid for 2 years and were looking at him. He should make the team.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

8/3/2016  3:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/3/2016  3:38 PM
I had a few other young guards out there on my list ahead of Randle but OK.. One particular strength he appears to have going back to college is his ability to shoot the ball from deep at a pretty good clip. I really didn't believe he had better offers on the table--maybe for a couple of different teams but most likely all for the same low-grade partially guaranteed money he wound up getting here with us.. If I had to guess right now, Baker will make the team and Randle will start the year in Westchester although with Sasha resigned and back in the mix, it could be the opposite for a little better balance possibly.. Crush does make a good point though--maybe Plumlee is the odd man out and both Baker and Randle make it (you figure we already have Willy and O'Quinn ahead of Marshall on the depth chart up front anyway). Securing the additional guard depth might make more sense over carrying Plumlee. If the need ever arose, I think we could go out and get a big just as good if not better than Plumlee pretty easily (the D-League, etc.).
Finestrg
Member: #1069

8/3/2016  3:49 PM
Did Plumlee, Baker and Randle all sign the exact same contract? Anyone know?
nixluva
USA
8/3/2016  4:09 PM
Finestrg wrote:Did Plumlee, Baker and Randle all sign the exact same contract? Anyone know?

Plumlee's deal is 3 years with the 1st fully guaranteed. People keep forgetting this. We have to wait and see the exact details of Baker and Randle's deals.

Knicks one of 3 teams in talks with C.Randle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy