[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks one of 3 teams in talks with C.Randle
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

7/22/2016  8:55 PM
http://www.chatsports.com/new-york-knicks/a/source/berman-knicks-one-of-three-teams-in-discussions-to-sign-chasson-randle-12648244
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/22/2016  10:04 PM
If we sign him, great. If not, there's a ton of other PGs available in the Dleague at any given time.
Malcolm
Member: #6131

7/22/2016  10:14 PM
If the Knicks are still a Triangle team . . . then this is the kind of
guy they should be interested in.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/22/2016  10:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  10:15 PM
Malcolm wrote:If the Knicks are still a Triangle team . . . then this is the kind of

It appears that they are. Question seems to be Randle's interest.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/22/2016  10:17 PM
Malcolm wrote:If the Knicks are still a Triangle team . . . then this is the kind of

He was on the summer league team and he played well so I would think ther are interested. This dude wants to pull a Ndour and sign with another team. Karma is a bitch you know. Good luck to the kid but there are tons of basketball talent out there

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
7/23/2016  3:52 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

They mentioned that he played in a triangle like offense and that he would like to play here as he feels comfortable in it. If he plays here you would think he would get some minutes due to small injuries or what not from our 2 main pg's. And Sasha, well, we don't know if he will be consistent like at the end of last year. Randle looks like he can score, did it well overseas last year. Can hit the 3, just what we need. (Not the best defender though and more of a combo guard.)

Unless we give him some kind of guarantee, he walks. Also, we only have the minimum (600k ish), so if another team offers him more, he probably walks too.

I have a feeling he won't be a Knick, but hope he does.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
7/23/2016  8:16 AM
I'd love to have Randle. He has proven himself in the Euro league last year and this year in Summer League. Phil will have to get creative to sign him. Randle probably can get much more in the Euro League. Just depends if he wants to play here for less.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
newyorker4ever

7/23/2016  9:54 AM
Knixkik wrote:If we sign him, great. If not, there's a ton of other PGs available in the Dleague at any given time.

Yeah there's plenty of PG's available to sign but this Randle kid could be the next Josh Richardson or really turn into something so i'd like for him to get that chance with us so we don't lose out on a special talent. I've been saying all along that i want Phil to sign Kevin Martin.

newyorker4ever

7/23/2016  9:57 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

They mentioned that he played in a triangle like offense and that he would like to play here as he feels comfortable in it. If he plays here you would think he would get some minutes due to small injuries or what not from our 2 main pg's. And Sasha, well, we don't know if he will be consistent like at the end of last year. Randle looks like he can score, did it well overseas last year. Can hit the 3, just what we need. (Not the best defender though and more of a combo guard.)

Unless we give him some kind of guarantee, he walks. Also, we only have the minimum (600k ish), so if another team offers him more, he probably walks too.

Even though they say that the triangle is a good fit for him it's still always gonna come down to money with these young kids and we don't have much to offer so we'll see.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/23/2016  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2016  1:15 PM
EnySpree wrote:

He was on the summer league team and he played well so I would think ther are interested. This dude wants to pull a Ndour and sign with another team. Karma is a bitch you know. Good luck to the kid but there are tons of basketball talent out there

I don't blame Randle. All he wants is the best contract and opportunity-- why as a free agent wouldn't you do what's best for you? I personally would've given Christian Wood the Dejuan Blair rookie Spur contract 4 yrs 3.8mm

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

7/23/2016  2:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2016  1:41 PM
Up to me, Sasha Vujacic never would've been resigned. The man's been irrelevant in the NBA for a long time now. Any other NBA exec. running things for us and this guy's not even on the radar for a roster spot. All this was, like last year, was Phil throwing an old buddy a bone. Not a big deal--I'll live with it--but I would've preferred to have gone younger here..I would've preferred another TWO young guards to complete the roster (as it stands now, ONE more younger guard):

Ideally I would've went with Dinwiddie or Ron Baker for the Vujacic spot (3rd shooting guard), either Cat Barber or Bryce Cotton as the 15th man/3rd PG, and then would've looked to retain both Baker and Randle for Westchester. That would've been perfect world for me. As it stands now (with Vujacic), gimmie Dinwiddie/Barber/Cotton (in that order) for the last spot and I think we're good. Dinwiddie first for his size and versatility to play both guard spots; Barber next for his high-ceiling firepower potential at 6'2" (slightly bigger/younger with even higher upside over Cotton) or Bryce Cotton who's very underrated imo--good call Tommy Dee. I've thought the same for a long time now. The kid can play. 6' with a 40" vertical, he's quick, an excellent ball-handler, a very good shooter and he's got a real good shifty penetration/floater game--he reminds me of Aaron Brooks/Patty Mills with some Tony Parker to him.. DOMINATED the DL with the Toros, played very well for Utah when he got the call up and excelled once again in SL for Atlanta. If Rose and/or Jennings ever went down, I wouldn't mind having a PG waiting in the wings with that same type of game (quick, good offensive player, etc.). All in all, I still think Dinwiddie's the best guard available for that last spot, though. He'd be my first choice..

Also not entirely sure Randle really has other offers on the table. Hey maybe (N'Dour basically cashed in with the Mavs after playing well in 2 SL games I guess, right?), but I have my doubts. Sounds an awful lot like a smokescreen by his agent looking to squeeze the Knicks for the most money he can get. Hey maybe I'm wrong...I know this though: I have Dinwiddie/Barber/Cotton well ahead of Chasson Randle on my list for an extra PG.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
7/24/2016  1:38 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Even though they say that the triangle is a good fit for him it's still always gonna come down to money with these young kids and we don't have much to offer so we'll see.

But if the money is close, you think fit would be more important cause he is going to need to show a team he is valuable. See Derrick Williams.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Markji
USA
8/2/2016  12:07 PM
Bumping this thread up because people are writing/asking about Randle in other threads. I've done searches on Randle but there doesn't appear to be any news in over a week. Has anyone heard or read anything?

I think the situation with Randle is salary. He is worth more than the rookie minimum and that is all we can offer. To get Randle we could do a sign and trade. He could sign with another team for higher than the rookie minimum and then we trade for him to balance his higher salary. I'm guessing he could get $1.5 to $1.75 million/year for 2 years. He had a very good year in the Euro league last year in addition to his excellent SL games.

Kuz got $3 million/year for 2 years guaranteed and I think Randle is worth at least half what Kuz received.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/2/2016  12:11 PM
Markji wrote:
I think the situation with Randle is salary. He is worth more than the rookie minimum and that is all we can offer. To get Randle we could do a sign and trade. He could sign with another team for higher than the rookie minimum and then we trade for him to balance his higher salary. I'm guessing he could get $1.5 to $1.75 million/year for 2 years. He had a very good year in the Euro league last year in addition to his excellent SL games.

Don't think we can do a sign and trade...he wasn't under contract with another team. Not sure if its the starting salary that is more than the min...but he may be looking for more than a non-guaranteed or single year contract.

PURE KNICKS LOVE
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/2/2016  12:11 PM
Markji wrote:Bumping this thread up because people are writing/asking about Randle in other threads. I've done searches on Randle but there doesn't appear to be any news in over a week. Has anyone heard or read anything?

Kuz got $3 million/year for 2 years guaranteed and I think Randle is worth at least half what Kuz received.

Do a sign and trade with who? He didn't play in the nba no one is giving him more than the rookie minimum

RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/2/2016  12:12 PM
Andrew wrote:
Markji wrote:

Don't think we can do a sign and trade...he wasn't under contract with another team. Not sure if its the starting salary that is more than the min...but he may be looking for more than a non-guaranteed or single year contract.

I think this hits it on the head

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Markji
USA
8/2/2016  12:19 PM
martin wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Markji wrote:

Yes, I agree that he is looking for a guaranteed contract. I think he can get more than the minimum by playing overseas. And an NBA team with cap space can sign him for more than the minimum which I think he is looking for. If so, how can we get him?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/2/2016  1:37 PM
Markji wrote:
martin wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Markji wrote:

Yes, I agree that he is looking for a guaranteed contract. I think he can get more than the minimum by playing overseas. And an NBA team with cap space can sign him for more than the minimum which I think he is looking for. If so, how can we get him?

guys who are NOT drafted, and definitely at this point, unless they just BLOW AWAY summer league don't get offers above the minimum, and definitely not guaranteed until later on. My guess is he is just jockeying for money. Or considering overseas.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/2/2016  2:42 PM
If I'm his agent I take a chance on the Knicks. With Rose and Jennings there's at least a chance he could get significant NBA playing time and that would give him a chance to raise his profile and work towards his next contract. Unless he simply wants more money right now, in which case Europe would be the obvious choice.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/2/2016  3:53 PM
Liked Randle in SL, but he has to look out for himself, and he seems to deserve a chance in the NBA.

If he doesn't get a contract he likes or none at all- maybe we sign him to a Trice/Adkins type deal and he plays for Westchester.

Sasha is a Phil guy, and a good guy on the bench and in practice. If he can play like he did at the end of the year folks might not be complaining at some point, but the shooting he was giving use in the middle of the season was tough to watch.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knicks one of 3 teams in talks with C.Randle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy