[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks as a super team along with GS...
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

7/23/2016  12:52 PM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I don't think Rose a former mvp would make that "super team" comment if he didn't feel 100% healthy
Rose was arguably right up there with Westbrook as best pg post all star break last year posting mvp like numbers:

2015-2016 Post All-Star – 31 ppg, 7.9 asts, 5.4 rbs, 52 FG%, 48 3P%
2009-2010 MVP Season – 32.1 ppg, 9.9 asts, 5.2 rbs, .44 FG%, 33 3P%

If Rose is healthy
If Noah is fully healthy I expect he is he should be putting up 2014 numbers where he was dpy and 5 the in the mvp vote

Melo is melo all star

KP takes the next easy step of becoming a all star which he will .

Between Rose,melo,KP all those guys can go off for 25 a game you have defensive anchors in Noah,KP, Lee..

We are going to fight for the top spot in the east if healthy for sure. Super teams are only super if healthy but if we are then yea having 4 potential all stars in your starting 5 is a super team.

huh? Those post-all-star #s are definitely not right. 31 points, 8 assists, 52% shooting? Are you looking up Lebron instead of Rose?

hahaha good catch. Those numbers are super duper all star, MVP caliber and Rose has never been that close.

This article was very informative:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2016/04/02/analytics-art-derrick-rose-bouncing-back-to-form-despite-bulls-meltdown/

He’s already played the most games in a season since 2010-11 this year, and staying healthy has allowed Rose to knock off years of rust. While he struggled throughout the first half of the season, he’s mostly shined since the All-Star break. In fact, his stats since All-Star Weekend are actually somewhat comparable to his MVP season.

After averaging 21.9 points, 6.0 assists and 5.6 rebounds throughout February, Rose has continued to play well via efficiency through March. In the “Shooting” tab within the visualization, you can see Rose was particularly dead-on from beyond the arc. He drained 40.5 percent of his attempts from distance in 15 games — significantly better than his career mark of just 30.4 percent from three-point territory.
That marksmanship from distance is unheard of for Rose, who has always been more of a slasher who uses his pure athletic talents to get to the bucket and score. But he’s reinvented himself of late by scoring with efficiency from inside and outside the arc.

Go to the original article to see the charts and graphs.

Per 48 Minutes
2015-2016 Post All-Star – 31 ppg, 7.9 asts, 5.4 rbs, 52 FG%, 48 3P%
2009-2010 MVP Season – 32.1 ppg, 9.9 asts, 5.2 rbs, .44 FG%, 33 3P%

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/07/22/derrick-rose-will-star-year/

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/23/2016  1:43 PM
Just to point out how different Rose is from the guards we have had the last several years. Even the broke down version of Rose is pretty special compared to what we've had.

I can only imagine how much easier it will be for him on those time when they spread the floor with Melo behind the 3pt line and have KP as a C out behind the 3pt line. There will be no one in the paint to guard the basket.

ChrisRoxbury
Member: #6214

7/23/2016  4:23 PM
All I gotta say is

They laughed when Rose asked why he couldn't be the MVP...

...and then he won the damn MVP

WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/25/2016  8:09 AM
Yeah that was before his knee injuries.. Post injury, we can only hope he plays like the all star he used to be..

Knicks a superteam is far fetched... a lot of question marks with this new squad.. Let's see how it plays out..

The Future. GO KNICKS!
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2016  8:48 AM
Personally, I'd much rather our star players think we're crappy piles of day old horse pucky that would never make the playoffs even in the WNBA.

Then we could all just validate whatever ESPN says, nod alot, and be happy all the livelong day.

ChrisRoxbury
Member: #6214

7/25/2016  11:00 AM
jrodmc wrote:Personally, I'd much rather our star players think we're crappy piles of day old horse pucky that would never make the playoffs even in the WNBA.

Then we could all just validate whatever ESPN says, nod alot, and be happy all the livelong day.

The first step for the great ones is ignorance of your own limitations

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2016  11:16 AM
ChrisRoxbury wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Personally, I'd much rather our star players think we're crappy piles of day old horse pucky that would never make the playoffs even in the WNBA.

also for maniacs and those who are delusional.

Im happy Rose feels well enough to be so boastful. If his knees were feeling gimpy and he was doing leg extensions with rubber bands I don't think we would be hearing this kind of stuff from him. Glad he's chomping at the bit to play. I hope he gets his health back and is a perennial all star and this is indeed a super team. For your lips to god's ears Derrick.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2016  11:56 AM
fishmike wrote:
ChrisRoxbury wrote:

also for maniacs and those who are delusional.

Im happy Rose feels well enough to be so boastful. If his knees were feeling gimpy and he was doing leg extensions with rubber bands I don't think we would be hearing this kind of stuff from him. Glad he's chomping at the bit to play. I hope he gets his health back and is a perennial all star and this is indeed a super team. For your lips to god's ears Derrick.

Yeah D, but please just shut the fucque up around the media with this starry eyed optimism. Or anywhere knicks fans might hear you. We take offense to this kind of unthoughtful, unreasonable garbage.

Guy's playing for what's left of his NBA life on the biggest of big boy stages, puts himself out there with Jennings with the 1 year chip on their shoulders, and of course he's getting lambasted for it.

As a sage on this board used to say; Play the games fellas.

Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks as a super team along with GS...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy