[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks as a super team along with GS...
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/22/2016  11:12 AM
Kind of a passing comment.....

"With these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the superteams, and they're trying not to build that many superteams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that," Rose said. "And the expectations I think of us, we just want to win."
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
babyKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1191
USA
7/22/2016  11:19 AM
he's our crazy. :)
Let's go Knicks. That's amare
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/22/2016  11:20 AM
We are a super team every July
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/22/2016  11:21 AM
Derrick says lots of things. I hope he is right.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/22/2016  11:38 AM
I saw this and I can understand his optimism. He's been in the gym with some of these guys and they look great right now. Everyone is happy and healthy. They're excited as well. This has to be a very good time for him mentally.
Malcolm
Member: #6131

7/22/2016  11:40 AM
nixluva wrote:I saw this and I can understand his optimism. He's been in the gym with some of these guys and they look great right now. Everyone is happy and healthy. They're excited as well. This has to be a very good time for him mentally.
I've been wondering about something for 3 or 4 months now.

It's this: do you work for the New York Knicks PR department (?)

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/22/2016  11:50 AM
EnySpree wrote:Kind of a passing comment.....

"With these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the superteams, and they're trying not to build that many superteams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that," Rose said. "And the expectations I think of us, we just want to win."

It's too much D-Rose. First of all i haven't heard anyone call us a super team and we aren't close to being GSW the real super team.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

7/22/2016  12:11 PM

Super team? Is that Marbury wearing a Rose mask? Search him for vaseline

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/22/2016  12:26 PM
Nalod wrote:Derrick says lots of things. I hope he is right.
This. He seems to be really excited. We know he is healthy, has worked out with some of his new teammates and has spoken to the coach. Hopefully everything falls into place.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
USA
7/22/2016  12:26 PM
I can understand what Rose is thinking. He's looking at having a team with Rose, Melo, KP, Noah and Jennings who are guys with a lot of upside when they are playing at their best. I'm sure being in the gym with those guys pumped him up quite a bit. This team may be on the lower end of the so called "superteam" spectrum but they do have some small claim to that kind of characterization. If Rose was coming off an MVP season there would be more of a tendency to think of this team as more of a "superteam". Also because KP is still so young and developing there's a tendency to discount him but the kid has great potential and likely Rose was already giving him credit for being a great player, which admittedly is a bit hasty, but I can understand his feelings.
ActionJackson
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1602

7/22/2016  12:28 PM
Moonangie wrote:

Super team? Is that Marbury wearing a Rose mask? Search him for vaseline

That ain't right but it's hella funny

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/22/2016  12:31 PM
Wow. I gotta download whatever alternate reality app Rose is referring to in the Oculus VR store.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/22/2016  12:33 PM
One of the greatest quality of sports is being totally unpredictable. One of the qualities from media and sports fans is to believe they know everything, until proven wrong. Just one example, but shouldn't the Warriors be champions for two consecutive years? I guess Cleveland, who was in turmoil during the season in a way many everywhere said were no match, didn't read the memo.

Rose is obviously confident, which is great for him and for Knicks fans. He has never been around so much talent before and he seems to believe he will have a healthy season, along with the rest of his teammates. The Knicks are right now an intriguing team with a ceiling higher than we dare to consider. The worst case scenario is very well known.

That being said, let the games be played. The players will show how good or bad they are, because everytime people claim certain teams will win championships on only paper, sports tend to surprise them.

Knicks_Fan
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/22/2016  12:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  12:54 PM
I think on paper the talent is there to be a contender. In regards to their name appeal it is there as well.

Noah is a defensive player of the year and an all-star.
Melo is an all-star and a scoring machine.
Rose is a MVP.
KP may be one of the best 2-way stretch bigs in the game.
Lee is a very good 2-way role player.

However what it comes down to is that isn't 2013. This is 2016. 3 years ago, this team would have been a super team. Probably Rose still views himself, Noah as what they once were. He's allowed to be optimistic. Realistically what you're getting is likely a starting level PG with serious speed, and a good densive Center. That around Melo/KP/Lee/Jennings/Thomas is a heck of a group to work with, But not likely to win more than 50 games, in my opinion. Rose probably still thinks he can be a MVP level player and Noah views himself when healthy as a defensive force. They are allowed to do that, but we should not be so foolish to expect that.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/22/2016  12:55 PM
Rose sounds like the old Melo.
nixluva
USA
7/22/2016  1:05 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:I think on paper the talent is there to be a contender. In regards to their name appeal it is there as well.

Noah is a defensive player of the year and an all-star.
Melo is an all-star and a scoring machine.
Rose is a MVP.
KP may be one of the best 2-way stretch bigs in the game.
Lee is a very good 2-way role player.

However what it comes down to is that isn't 2013. This is 2016. 3 years ago, this team would have been a super team. Probably Rose still views himself, Noah as what they once were. He's allowed to be optimistic. Realistically what you're getting is likely a starting level PG with serious speed, and a good densive Center. That around Melo/KP/Lee/Jennings/Thomas is a heck of a group to work with, But not likely to win more than 50 games, in my opinion. Rose probably still thinks he can be a MVP level player and Noah views himself when healthy as a defensive force. They are allowed to do that, but we should not be so foolish to expect that.

I think it's actually healthy for Rose and the Knicks to be confident about who they are going into next season. Not complacent but confident. The last few years Rose has not been a confident player. He's probably feeling really good physically and with his skills. That has a way of inflating your view of things.

Derrick Rose: Knicks roster fits triangle 'to a T'
12:15 PM ET
Ian Begley

Yes, Derrick Rose made news by saying some people have referred to the New York Knicks as one of the NBA's "super teams." He also touched on several subjects that may have more relevance to the coming Knicks season in his recent interview with NBA.com.

Rose, the Knicks' new point guard, said he thinks the club’s personnel fits the triangle offense "to a T."

“Because you have [Carmelo Anthony], you have [Kristaps Porzingis] who can post up a lot. If they was to put me in that position, that would be my first time having an isolation at the elbow, or just having an isolation period. It can work that way,” Rose told NBA.com's Lang Whitaker.

Knicks point guard Derrick Rose believes he, Carmelo Anthony and Kristaps Porzingis are a perfect fit for the triangle offense. Nathaniel S. Butler/NBAE via Getty Images
Rose added that new coach Jeff Hornacek told him the Knicks would add “a lot of pick-and-rolls in there at the top of the key or on the side.” This would be a welcome change for some of the Knicks who played in the offense last season.

Some complained the offense was too slow and predictable last season, and Hornacek has also said he wants the Knicks to increase their pace. Rose should help in that area. New York has been in the bottom third of the NBA in pace over the last two seasons.

“It's really whatever they decide to do, and I have to find my way around it,” Rose said of the Knicks’ offense. “This is the first time I think the triangle will really ever have an athletic point guard in that position. So who knows? All I have to do is make sure my catch-and-shoot is pretty good with this team, and like I said, be prepared.”

To that end, Rose has worked out recently with Porzingis, Brandon Jennings and Sasha Vujacic alongside trainer Rob McClanaghan. Rose said one focus during summer workouts has been on his midrange jump shot, which may be available to him frequently in the triangle offense.

“That's an effective shot for me. A lot of people give it to me,” Rose said. “... In the NBA today, if you can't shoot there's no point in you even being on the floor. So this summer [for me] it's a ton of shots, getting up repetitions. And conditioning, of course -- you look at Cleveland and Golden State, the way they push the ball and play an uptempo-type game, you've got to be conditioned. And it's simple stuff, the fundamentals of the game -- footwork, dribbling, going back to the basics and really just sharpening everything so that when I'm on the floor I'm not thinking about it. I'm getting to my moves and getting to my spots without having to do a lot of dribbling. You look at Kobe [Bryant], he's getting to his spots with purpose. Get to the spots with purpose, putting the defense always on its heels.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-knicks/post/_/id/64927/rose-knicks-roster-fits-triangle-to-a-t
EnySpree

7/22/2016  1:11 PM
Knicksfan wrote:One of the greatest quality of sports is being totally unpredictable. One of the qualities from media and sports fans is to believe they know everything, until proven wrong. Just one example, but shouldn't the Warriors be champions for two consecutive years? I guess Cleveland, who was in turmoil during the season in a way many everywhere said were no match, didn't read the memo.

Rose is obviously confident, which is great for him and for Knicks fans. He has never been around so much talent before and he seems to believe he will have a healthy season, along with the rest of his teammates. The Knicks are right now an intriguing team with a ceiling higher than we dare to consider. The worst case scenario is very well known.

That being said, let the games be played. The players will show how good or bad they are, because everytime people claim certain teams will win championships on only paper, sports tend to surprise them.

#salute

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/22/2016  1:16 PM
Rose can return to all star form. Melo can start the year like he did last time he played in the Olympics. KP can take another step forward. Noah has fresh legs and some good rehab under his belt. Jennings can play good ball... the Knicks have some concerns but also plenty that can go right. They have a high IQ "modern" coach and they have given him some weapons to work with.

You look at the Knick's talent on paper and if they are playing well in the spring that is a team NOBODY wants to play and most certainly can make a deep run. Knicks could be a Lebron turned ankle from the finals. Or they could be in the lottery again. Time will tell, but they are a more talented team than last year.

At the very worst I expect them to be a .500 team which should certainly satisfy the "incremental improvement" crowd.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree

7/22/2016  1:48 PM
Everyone wants to remind us what can happen if things go wrong...

But what if everything goes right?

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/22/2016  1:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:Everyone wants to remind us what can happen if things go wrong...

But what if everything goes right?

Jessica Alba finally gets my instant messages and shows up for the 3some Ive been inviting her to?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Derrick Rose referred to the Knicks as a super team along with GS...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy