Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/25/2016  12:38 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
arkrud wrote:Just convert all toilets to be with personal cabins only.
Then everyone can use them without fear to see person of other sex - man, women, transgender man, transgender woman, lesbian, gay, heterosexual, be-sexual, and multi-sexual, monogamous and polygamous...
Not sure if you were being serious but why not? I never understood why bathrooms are so "open" anyway and I never understood why toilet partitions never extend from the floor to the ceiling for total privacy.

I am absolutely serious.
There is no other way to satisfy all sides.
And no way to police this kind of low.
It is more of building code question that civil rights question.

This kind of low, indeed.

It's entirely amazing that we've now degraded as a society to the point where "gender feelings" are now equated with civil rights. Tell me, oh bastions of equality for all, when the large male who feels at odds with his gender decides to use the girls room at your daughter's school, are you hoping those floor to ceiling partitions are going to keep anything from happening, or do you just not give a sheehit if something does happen?

Just tell the little boys and girls to do whatever they feel. That's the elite worldview. Anything else is intolerant, "racist" (please explain how transgender is a race) and harmful.

A better question is what exactly are YOU expecting to happen? You really think people prone to molestation are going to be stopped by a bathroom law? 99.9% of people go to the bathroom to do their business. No matter what you do somebody is going to be uncomfortable. I imagine there are folks uncomfortable using the mens restroom with a guy wearing a dress. This is a big deal about nothing in my opinion. Little girls aren't being protected by this law.

Really? So people prone to molestation won't see the ability to trot into any bathroom they please as an opportunity? Do you have any more meaningful statistics on what the predatory rates are for people prone to molestation are? You ever spoken to a police officer about how predatory child molesters actually are?

Can you really be this blase?

Genuine question.

How is this law being policed exactly?

Can you explain what you want to occur?

You want a transgender person, who now more than likely presents like the opposite sex they were born, using the bathroom of their birth gender.

So when a little girl is using a bathroom, a person presenting as male should join them in that bathroom, and when a little boy is using a bathroom, a person presenting as female should use that bathroom.

Pragmatically speaking, if predators prone to molestation are highly motivated, what is to stop a male from walking into the girls room, explaining if asked that they were born female?

If stopped by law enforcement, are they presenting a special new ID card? Are police literally doing a on-site "inspection."

The practical application is baffling. If properly applied, people presenting as men will be using girls rooms and vice versa.

THIS is the desired outcome?

What is this preventing again?

AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/25/2016  1:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2016  1:58 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Then everyone can use them without fear to see person of other sex - man, women, transgender man, transgender woman, lesbian, gay, heterosexual, be-sexual, and multi-sexual, monogamous and polygamous...
Not sure if you were being serious but why not? I never understood why bathrooms are so "open" anyway and I never understood why toilet partitions never extend from the floor to the ceiling for total privacy.

I am absolutely serious.

It's entirely amazing that we've now degraded as a society to the point where "gender feelings" are now equated with civil rights. Tell me, oh bastions of equality for all, when the large male who feels at odds with his gender decides to use the girls room at your daughter's school, are you hoping those floor to ceiling partitions are going to keep anything from happening, or do you just not give a sheehit if something does happen?

Just tell the little boys and girls to do whatever they feel. That's the elite worldview. Anything else is intolerant, "racist" (please explain how transgender is a race) and harmful.

A better question is what exactly are YOU expecting to happen? You really think people prone to molestation are going to be stopped by a bathroom law? 99.9% of people go to the bathroom to do their business. No matter what you do somebody is going to be uncomfortable. I imagine there are folks uncomfortable using the mens restroom with a guy wearing a dress. This is a big deal about nothing in my opinion. Little girls aren't being protected by this law.

Really? So people prone to molestation won't see the ability to trot into any bathroom they please as an opportunity? Do you have any more meaningful statistics on what the predatory rates are for people prone to molestation are? You ever spoken to a police officer about how predatory child molesters actually are?

Genuine question.

You want a transgender person, who now more than likely presents like the opposite sex they were born, using the bathroom of their birth gender.

So when a little girl is using a bathroom, a person presenting as male should join them in that bathroom, and when a little boy is using a bathroom, a person presenting as female should use that bathroom.

Pragmatically speaking, if predators prone to molestation are highly motivated, what is to stop a male from walking into the girls room, explaining if asked that they were born female?

If stopped by law enforcement, are they presenting a special new ID card? Are police literally doing a on-site "inspection."

The practical application is baffling. If properly applied, people presenting as men will be using girls rooms and vice versa.

Don't try to find reason in unreasonable.
"If you see the label "Mice" on the cage with elephant do not believe your eyes"

If we want to have practical law on this it should state:
Human who perceived by others as a man should use man bathroom.
Human who perceived by others as a women should use women bathroom.
The responsibility of this human being is not to show anything to others to break the gender perception.

Example:
Woman in burka is perceived like Muslim woman. So if human in burka has bird and penis this human should not show them to anybody in the toilet unless he has a suicide belt.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2016  1:58 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.
So now it's not even preference, it's presentation. Holy crap. We can't, as a species, even figure out what gender we actually are.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

Knickoftime

7/25/2016  2:07 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.
So now it's not even preference, it's presentation. Holy crap. We can't, as a species, even figure out what gender we actually are.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

Listen, i'll meet you 3/4's of the way.

You can call it and define it any way you like. I'll agree to your terms.

Now with that agreed upon, answer my questions.

They're fair and pragmatic.

Don't chicken out, please.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/25/2016  2:19 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

How? Honestly.
The whole purpose of this issue is the constant redefinition of terms, words, and for the love of sheehit, which body parts actually mean what? You want to have a conversation about enforcing overarching objective standards where the only thing that counts are subjective feelings.

It's like trying to have a conversation with words with someone who only understands numbers and there is no cross reference of ideas.

Boys are pigs are dogs are ants. Or I'm a chicken, in this case.

"Is" will mean whatever you want it to mean.

Seriously, you win. Pee sheehit fart wherever you want. Present as a sheep or a goat or a piece of martian quartz. Whatever floats your boat.

Because that's all that matters.

I'm done. Have a nice day.

Knickoftime

7/25/2016  2:46 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

How? Honestly.
The whole purpose of this issue is the constant redefinition of terms, words, and for the love of sheehit, which body parts actually mean what? You want to have a conversation about enforcing overarching objective standards where the only thing that counts are subjective feelings.

It's like trying to have a conversation with words with someone who only understands numbers and there is no cross reference of ideas.

Seriously, you win. Pee sheehit fart wherever you want. Present as a sheep or a goat or a piece of martian quartz. Whatever floats your boat.

So just so I don't unfairly misunderstand you, you cannot actually explain the specific intended effect of the law, cannot actually explain how it practically protects anyone from the dangers you identified and cannot address how it would be enforced, correct?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2016  3:28 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

How? Honestly.

Its not at all. Its about recognizing people's needs and ending discrimination. It only sounds weird to you because you don't understand it. I don't understand it either. However America is based on preserving the rights of the individual. That's what makes this country so great and frustrating at the same time. The masses cannot decide what should be because they are the masses.

So 4 years ago my I got an email from my son's rec BB team (he was 9 at the time) saying the they would have to drop teams if people didn't step in to coach. I said "hey buddy.. looks like Im coaching your team" and so it began. Its been a fun experience and a good community endeavor. Its a PITA but it really is a good thing. I shuffle kids around when busy parents cant get them to games or practice. Im sure some parents have used me over the years for free carpools but who cares... get the kids out there to play.

Last year was the start of my 4th season, and I got an interesting note when the league sent me my roster. They said I had a transgender kid who was playing org sports for the first time, and to please reach out if I had any questions. I had really no idea what to expect. At the end of the day it was incredibly simple.. I had a young a boy on my team who had female parts. It was that simple. He saw himself as male, thought of himself as male, IDed himself as male... This was not an "I wanna be" this was a "this is who I am."

For the kid it was easy. Tougher for the parents. How do you navigate that? I mean you can try therapy, or counseling or Jesus, but the bottom line is for the child it was that simple. I could never get my head around this until I saw it up close, and I still cant get my head around it and that's the point. I will never understand what that feels like or it means. But I know these people exist and part of the "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" is to live free of discrimination.

I am sure many think there is something wrong with this kid, but he just wants to be who he is. Seeing it in a young person helped me see it for what it is. Free of agenda and drama... just a kid who wants to be who he is. I had no skin in this game. He had friends on the team and nobody cared or nobody noticed.

So it may be a very very small group, but that's the point.. does that entitle the masses to discriminate and dictate to me more like? That's not how America works. My 2c

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/25/2016  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2016  3:44 PM
fishmike wrote:Its not at all. Its about recognizing people's needs and ending discrimination. It only sounds weird to you because you don't understand it. I don't understand it either. However America is based on preserving the rights of the individual. That's what makes this country so great and frustrating at the same time. The masses cannot decide what should be because they are the masses.

So 4 years ago my I got an email from my son's rec BB team (he was 9 at the time) saying the they would have to drop teams if people didn't step in to coach. I said "hey buddy.. looks like Im coaching your team" and so it began. Its been a fun experience and a good community endeavor. Its a PITA but it really is a good thing. I shuffle kids around when busy parents cant get them to games or practice. Im sure some parents have used me over the years for free carpools but who cares... get the kids out there to play.

Last year was the start of my 4th season, and I got an interesting note when the league sent me my roster. They said I had a transgender kid who was playing org sports for the first time, and to please reach out if I had any questions. I had really no idea what to expect. At the end of the day it was incredibly simple.. I had a young a boy on my team who had female parts. It was that simple. He saw himself as male, thought of himself as male, IDed himself as male... This was not an "I wanna be" this was a "this is who I am."

For the kid it was easy. Tougher for the parents. How do you navigate that? I mean you can try therapy, or counseling or Jesus, but the bottom line is for the child it was that simple. I could never get my head around this until I saw it up close, and I still cant get my head around it and that's the point. I will never understand what that feels like or it means. But I know these people exist and part of the "life, liberty and pursuit of happiness" is to live free of discrimination.

I am sure many think there is something wrong with this kid, but he just wants to be who he is. Seeing it in a young person helped me see it for what it is. Free of agenda and drama... just a kid who wants to be who he is. I had no skin in this game. He had friends on the team and nobody cared or nobody noticed.

So it may be a very very small group, but that's the point.. does that entitle the masses to discriminate and dictate to me more like? That's not how America works. My 2c

This is probably the best post I've read this joining this forum. Thanks for sharing. It was very insightful!
Welpee

7/25/2016  3:50 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

A better question is do YOU have any stats? Considering you're the one interested in enacting laws to address the situation I have to assume you have some data to support that there's a problem requiring action.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2016  4:13 PM
Is small minded right wing crap created in an election year to create fear where there was none to motivate ignorant voters to vote republican as they will save someones daughter from the almighty penis.
Fishmikes kid just has to go sit when he pee's and not show his parts. Simple. Life is hard enough. If a boy with a penis wants to play basketball with girls, he can also sit. If he wants to shower, then don't or provide a separate shower for them. Just like when all boys and girls play together.

Y'all are not even talking about the discrimination laws, the meat of HB2 and its why companies are going crazy over this "Bathroom law". I provided link. Y'all want to talk about bathroom issues? Your being played. Yes.
I provided a link that answers questions about the law. Want to sue over discrimination in NC? The state just told you to phuch off and see if you can get it heard at a federal court. Good luck!
What the phuck are you guys arguing over?
Also, If a city wants to raise minimum wage it can't? WTF is that? Who does that effect? Small towns near big cities who are afraid having to raise wages.
And you guys are still in the bathroom? Wake the phuck up, this is not about who got a puss or who doesn't!!!!!!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/25/2016  4:20 PM
Welpee wrote:
fishmike wrote:Its not at all. Its about recognizing people's needs and ending discrimination. It only sounds weird to you because you don't understand it. I don't understand it either. However America is based on preserving the rights of the individual. That's what makes this country so great and frustrating at the same time. The masses cannot decide what should be because they are the masses.

This is probably the best post I've read this joining this forum. Thanks for sharing. It was very insightful!

yes good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/25/2016  4:30 PM
martin wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Respect, Fishmike.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
fishmike
USA
7/25/2016  4:32 PM
martin wrote:
Welpee wrote:

thanks guys... it was a first for me for sure. At the end of the day the only challenge was getting him to quit chasing his man around the perimeter and play better defense

Really what it opened my eyes to were the challenges it presented to the parents. Both amazingly and sadly all I did was welcome him like any other kid and it was an amazing experience for them. I am sure not all things go as easy. Mostly it touched me as a parent. Is there anything that phucks up young people more than telling they need to be a certain way when they aren't?

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/25/2016  4:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

How? Honestly.

Its not at all. Its about recognizing people's needs and ending discrimination. It only sounds weird to you because you don't understand it. I don't understand it either. However America is based on preserving the rights of the individual. That's what makes this country so great and frustrating at the same time. The masses cannot decide what should be because they are the masses.

Great post.....I had a similar situation last year. Im an 8th grade teacher and I had a new student enter my class about mid way through the school yr. My AP pulled me aside and told me the student was transgender. The student was a boy transitioning to a girl. I was very worried about how my students would react but this new generation of kids handled much better than the adults in the building did. Without asking, some of my students took it upon themselves to make her feel welcomed and showing her around. It was an eye opening experience when you realize how tolerant kids are.
fishmike
USA
7/26/2016  8:09 AM
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

How? Honestly.

Great post.....I had a similar situation last year. Im an 8th grade teacher and I had a new student enter my class about mid way through the school yr. My AP pulled me aside and told me the student was transgender. The student was a boy transitioning to a girl. I was very worried about how my students would react but this new generation of kids handled much better than the adults in the building did. Without asking, some of my students took it upon themselves to make her feel welcomed and showing her around. It was an eye opening experience when you realize how tolerant kids are.
Well... I suspect in your case and hopefully in mine strong leadership was involved. We also know kids can be really cruel without that being their intention (although sometimes it is), but I agree... certainly in my case I just had kids that wanted to play. Namely it was a healthy environment. But yea man... it was super eye opening, because it was free of agenda. I mean you read about this stuff, about some of the incidents that affect people, the flood of negative emotion and it sounds like our experiences were very similar... just a couple kids trying to find their way in this complicated world. Overall though the message remains.. you don't *need* to understand, I don't *need* to get it. I just need to NOT discriminate. I am pretty open minded in general, but I really thought this was something I needed to get my head around and I didn't... not at all. I just needed to play it straight and treat this kid like the other 9 on my team. Doing that translated into a special experience. Also mom baked me some killer cookies when the season was over... so I had that going for me.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2016  8:12 AM
Great stuff Fish. Yeah, if you don't treat everyone the same, you discriminate.

The rest of you, are you just concerned about the bathroom aspect? Not the other stuff which is the real meat of why this bill is so pouched up?
You think Silver pulled the game cuz of the bathroom?

Welpee

7/26/2016  8:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/26/2016  8:24 AM
Nalod wrote:Great stuff Fish. Yeah, if you don't treat everyone the same, you discriminate.

The rest of you, are you just concerned about the bathroom aspect? Not the other stuff which is the real meat of why this bill is so pouched up?
You think Silver pulled the game cuz of the bathroom?

I think everyone knows this. If you read all of the posts somebody came up with suggestion about bathrooms and the conversation morphed from there. Please give people more credit than that.
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

7/26/2016  7:01 PM
fishmike wrote:
Uptown wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Welpee wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
arkrud wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I am absolutely serious.

Genuine question.

Incredible.

It's come to this.
I give up.

Peace.

How? Honestly.

Well... I suspect in your case and hopefully in mine strong leadership was involved. We also know kids can be really cruel without that being their intention (although sometimes it is), but I agree... certainly in my case I just had kids that wanted to play. Namely it was a healthy environment. But yea man... it was super eye opening, because it was free of agenda. I mean you read about this stuff, about some of the incidents that affect people, the flood of negative emotion and it sounds like our experiences were very similar... just a couple kids trying to find their way in this complicated world. Overall though the message remains.. you don't *need* to understand, I don't *need* to get it. I just need to NOT discriminate. I am pretty open minded in general, but I really thought this was something I needed to get my head around and I didn't... not at all. I just needed to play it straight and treat this kid like the other 9 on my team. Doing that translated into a special experience. Also mom baked me some killer cookies when the season was over... so I had that going for me.

+1. Very enlightening stuff, thanks Uptown and fishmike.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
blkexec
Member: #748
7/27/2016  1:30 PM
All Star Game 2017

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/27/2016  2:57 PM
blkexec wrote:All Star Game 2017

NYC is a finalist. I think Silver should do it especially because of the recent Carmelo outspokenness (the ideas that Silver shares)

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
OT: NBA to Move All-Star Game From North Carolina

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy