[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vince soon to be a Knick? (rumor)
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/5/2004  4:43 PM
Espn must be trying to start trouble or something cuz I just saw and heard a report about 3 possible Knick deals.....they were saying that it all depends on who si left after the Crawford deal.

Toronto is said to have intrest in Timmy.
Weren't we talking about that yesterday?

Damp is talking smack like he wants to be a Knick or die....could be straight talk but he could just be trying to get his name out there again.

Sheet.....
Sweets, Vince, Damp, Marbs, and Craw oh my!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
8/5/2004  4:52 PM
Personally, I hate Vince Carter and want nothing to do with him. If the Knicks trade Marbs to get him, I'll go root for the Celtics or something.

I honestly wouldn't even give up Tim Thomas to get him. The idea is to build a TEAM. Look at the Lakers last year! Putting names together does not work in this league. You can't have that many guys who need 20 shots to be effective. You need guys who can be effective without getting shots, like Sweetney. You need defenders and passers. I like the team a lot if they add Damp and Craw, but they need to stop there. Maybe add Keon Clark for defense, or explore a trade for Swift or Wilcox or something.

But this team does not need Vince Carter. Look at the Olympics mess. A team of guards who need shots to be effective is not a good idea. This team will already have defensive issues before you take 6'10" Tim Thomas away. If you put 6'6" Vince as the SF next to Houston or Marbury or Jamal? It's a team of SIEVES. SIEVES, I say!
¿ △ ?
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/5/2004  4:59 PM
PLEASE ISIAH DO NOT INCLUDE STARBURY IN A TRADE FOR VINCE. THAT WOULD BE SUCH A BIG MISTAKE
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
8/5/2004  5:31 PM
i would trade anyone cept marbury for vince, maybe not sweets, vince was super effective during the olympics and he was surrounded by elite players. but not wanting vince cuz u want to hold on to tim thomas thats just abscurd, wtf!?!
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/5/2004  5:49 PM
Vince will draw more double-teams than Timmy.Freeing up the post for Dampier,for Marbury and Crawford to hit the perimeter shot(and H20 if he isnt in the deal).A lineup with Carter could cause alot of problems for other teams.Id rather get rid of TT before he becomes a full blown cancer.Carter has his knocks but I dont think he is a bad as Timmy and he is better in pretty much every aspect.

We keep hearing how TT is about to have a breakout season.How many years has he been in the league? I think we have seen the best he will ever be while Vince still has a few years of quality minutes left in him.

[Edited by - Kwazimodal on 08/05/2004 17:51:12]
Vince soon to be a Knick? (rumor)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy