[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Melo Steps Forward
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/22/2016  3:09 PM
meloanyk wrote: He doesn't surface without the climate created over the last few years

Genuine question.

What "climate"? And what do you think the root cause of this climate is?

AUTOADVERT
meloanyk
Member: #5615

7/22/2016  3:14 PM
fishmike wrote:I 100% believe Mark Cuban nailed it. Trump's ideal situation is to lose the election and look like a good guy and patriot and potentially boost his net by 10x. It fits. No way Trump wants this job, he just wants to win, be POTUS and win. Also he wants to people to recognize he won.

I think that take is wrong. His brand was well known. He could have folded a long time ago after raising issues but didn't and his brand has not been advanced in many quarters. He has scorned the political system that he negotiated with for projects, the foreigners and Democrats who buy his properties and left himself exposed to scrutiny on many fronts. He may have boosted Make America Greatt Again caps but I don't see how he advances if he loses

Knickoftime

7/22/2016  3:18 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:Michael Moore said this week on Bill Maher he thinks Trump is going to win.

Well, that's sort of his thing...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/31/michael-moore-predicts-president-romney-in-november/

Moore does represent the feelings of a lot of democrats. This occurred in 2008 and 2012. If the polls aren't showing a decisive favorable margin, they get nervous.

This is almost the opposite of Republicans, who can find confidence in victory almost anywhere.

DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

7/22/2016  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  3:26 PM
meloanyk wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:He's more than just a show man. Show man doesn't win the Republican nomination with record numbers. He wins using common sense in mostly everything he does. Common sense something Americans have been calling for from our politicians for a long time and Hillary Clinton desperately lacks.

Sure, if you ignore all the lies.

guns, what common sense policies has he proposed? I literally can't find anything concrete

And I feel like he won the republican nomination cause the rest of the group was a clown show, that's not achievement to hang your hat on.

The specifics will be argued during the debates. Haven't heard much from Hillary either other than the usual petty media stuff the media digs up to deflect.

Lot of crying today, I think some here need a good group hug . They forgot that Trump said he loves them

Talk about an unconventional convention. For him to end the speech with "God bless you and goodnight! I love you!" instead of the now customary "God bless you, and God Bless (the United States of) America" ... wow. Strangely personal way to say "peace out". Goes along with an appeal to personality versus policy IMHO.

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
meloanyk
Member: #5615

7/22/2016  3:32 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloanyk wrote: He doesn't surface without the climate created over the last few years

Genuine question.

Economic stagnation and perceived neglect of Middle America , increasing poverty levels and declining standards of living, further move to the left, increasing racial divides, increasing terrorism both external and internal , perceived weak leadership to name a few. Trump plays to these and others . I could see Looney Tunes getting elected because of the climate

Knickoftime

7/22/2016  3:33 PM
DrAlphaeus wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:
martin wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:He's more than just a show man. Show man doesn't win the Republican nomination with record numbers. He wins using common sense in mostly everything he does. Common sense something Americans have been calling for from our politicians for a long time and Hillary Clinton desperately lacks.

Sure, if you ignore all the lies.

guns, what common sense policies has he proposed? I literally can't find anything concrete

And I feel like he won the republican nomination cause the rest of the group was a clown show, that's not achievement to hang your hat on.

The specifics will be argued during the debates. Haven't heard much from Hillary either other than the usual petty media stuff the media digs up to deflect.

Lot of crying today, I think some here need a good group hug . They forgot that Trump said he loves them

Talk about an unconventional convention. For him to end the speech with "God bless you and goodnight! I love you!" instead of the now customary "God bless you, and God Bless (the United States of) America" ... wow. Strangely personal way to say "peace out". Goes along with an appeal to personality versus policy IMHO.

That's what's fascinating about this whole thing. That people don't find his personality abhorrent. It's confounding.

DrAlphaeus

7/22/2016  3:39 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
DrAlphaeus wrote:Michael Moore said this week on Bill Maher he thinks Trump is going to win.

Well, that's sort of his thing...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/08/31/michael-moore-predicts-president-romney-in-november/

Moore does represent the feelings of a lot of democrats. This occurred in 2008 and 2012. If the polls aren't showing a decisive favorable margin, they get nervous.

This is almost the opposite of Republicans, who can find confidence in victory almost anywhere.

Haha, point taken. Yea the Self Hating Democrat is a real thing because I think I may be one! But the Dems have habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Basketball Gods forbid this election comes down to a Bush v Gore type situation.

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/22/2016  3:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  3:48 PM
Man Baby

Knickoftime - That's what's fascinating about this whole thing. That people don't find his personality abhorrent. It's confounding.

“I don’t want (Cruz's) endorsement,” Mr. Trump said angrily, in a rambling stream-of-consciousness performance that seemed half standup routine, half-vengeful rant. “If he gives it, I won’t accept it.”

President?

Trump would not qualify for a job a the local Big Boy restaurant.

once a knick always a knick
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/22/2016  3:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  3:51 PM
meloanyk wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Genuine question.

Economic stagnation and perceived neglect of Middle America , increasing poverty levels and declining standards of living, further move to the left, increasing racial divides, increasing terrorism both external and internal , perceived weak leadership to name a few. Trump plays to these and others . I could see Looney Tunes getting elected because of the climate

Donald and Hillary represent the decadence or the rule of bureaucracy.
The technocrats are ruling from the shadows and it gets confusing for regular folks.
Public will be given some figures to vote for so everybody will think they are relevant.
Buffets, Masks, and Cubans of the world have 100 times more power to affect the reality that all conventions attendees combined.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
DrAlphaeus

7/22/2016  3:54 PM
misterearl wrote:Man Baby

Knickoftime - That's what's fascinating about this whole thing. That people don't find his personality abhorrent. It's confounding.

“I don’t want (Cruz's) endorsement,” Mr. Trump said angrily, in a rambling stream-of-consciousness performance that seemed half standup routine, half-vengeful rant. “If he gives it, I won’t accept it.”

President?

Come on he'd make a great Big Boy sign.

Knickoftime

7/22/2016  3:57 PM

Wasn't nearly that definitive about David Duke back when it became an issue. And I'm in no way saying he empathizes with Duke, but that issue didn't engage him, or at least he wasn't self-aware enough to know to fake quickly denouncing him.

But his personal feud with Cruz, THAT's what engages him. He shows this pattern time and time again.

The windows he shows into his soul are crystal clear.

arkrud
USA
7/22/2016  3:57 PM

President?

President is representation of the country.
I think Trump is a perfect feet.
He looks like century 21 America as close as it gets.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
misterearl
USA
7/22/2016  3:59 PM
Is decadence the right word?

arkrud - putting Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the same sentence is not the best way to describe a complex political landscape.

Donald Trump is The Great White Hope. He is after ratings.

Hillary Clinton is a woman attempting to make history on her experience, and complicated legacy.

Whatever "decadence"(?) is the responsibility of the American voter

misterearl
USA
7/22/2016  4:00 PM
I have perfect feet, that don't qualify me for President

arkrud - Trump is a perfect "feet" in what way exactly?

Knickoftime

7/22/2016  4:08 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Genuine question.

Donald and Hillary represent the decadence or the rule of bureaucracy.
The technocrats are ruling from the shadows and it gets confusing for regular folks.
Public will be given some figures to vote for so everybody will think they are relevant.
Buffets, Masks, and Cubans of the world have 100 times more power to affect the reality that all conventions attendees combined.

The tool of technocrats is apathy, and society only has itself to blame.

We lament our fate as powerless and left behind, but we only complain about it, we really don't do anything about it. We barely get engaged every four year and we're even worse during the mid-terms.

When asked we say we hate congress, but apparently love our congressmen.

To a very real degree, people WANT to leave the decisions to the autocrats, they just want more generous, nicer ones.

History shows that don't work out so well.

Fact is we have the power, but the reality we're too stupid, fat, lazy and apathetic to wield it.

holfresh
Member: #1081

7/22/2016  4:14 PM
misterearl wrote:I have perfect feet, that don't qualify me for President

arkrud
USA
7/22/2016  4:30 PM
holfresh wrote:

In every way - he is exactly like you Earl - angry person only listening to himself.

arkrud
USA
7/22/2016  4:32 PM
misterearl wrote:Is decadence the right word?

arkrud - putting Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the same sentence is not the best way to describe a complex political landscape.

Donald Trump is The Great White Hope. He is after ratings.

Hillary Clinton is a woman attempting to make history on her experience, and complicated legacy.

Whatever "decadence"(?) is the responsibility of the American voter

"The Great White Hope" of great White sharks?

misterearl
USA
7/22/2016  4:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/22/2016  4:50 PM
The Answer Man Ain't Never Angry Most of the Time

arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:

In every way - he is exactly like you Earl - angry person only listening to himself.

arkrud - let's not make this personal. You claimed Donald Trump is a perfect "feet" for the country.

You cannot put stuff out there without backing it up.

Can you please explain why Donald Trump is perfect in clear terms, and back it with facts?

That is all.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/22/2016  5:41 PM
meloanyk wrote:Shooting at a Munich Mall playing right into Trump's emphasis that he is the Law and Order candidate that will keep America safe. Wouldn't be surprised if there are calls for the USA Freedom Act and powers of NSA to be expanded

We might be on the brink of a major world war. The thought of Hillary leading us gets scarier each day while the current administration tells us we are safer than we've ever been and focus on trivial domestic issues.

OT: Melo Steps Forward

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy