[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Insider 8/5: Isiah On Verge Of Impressive Overhaul
Author Thread
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/5/2004  1:34 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Isles... geeze, dont get your panties in a bunch, just a little humor on a Thursday afternoon. I see your still a little too sensitive about all this.

Whats really funny is how w/ Layden we were locked into 3 years of Eisley, Anderson, Houston and KVH and all we could do is wait for the contracts to run their course. Then w/ Isiah those who were upset about the Marbury trade had us locked into that roster for years to come. Now Chad (who spent the last 2 months dogging Isiah) is saying not only has Isiah overhauled the roster but he has considerable flexibility next year if things dont work out.

Now thats funny.

Huh? What makes you think I'm being sensitive about any of this? I told you I thought it was funny. Maybe that wasn't obvious enough.

Layden definitely had to go. We're completely in agreement there.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
8/5/2004  1:38 PM
Well... it looks like Toronto would absolutely demand Marbury in a deal for Carter... However, if the Knicks can lock up JC, we'd have our PG of the future anyway.

We'd potentially have a BIG and overall starting lineup of:

Dampier (who I think is just using us as leverage)
Sweetney (assuming KT is gone)
Tim Thomas
Vince
Crawford

One free agent we might want to pursue in the future is Keon Clark--- as a pogo-stick weak side shot blocker (Camby replacement). With his off-the-court and on-the-court woes, he could come cheap.

But to get him, we'll need to cut down our roster a little bit and open up some playing time. In the end... I still think dumping Lenny and signing on Zen Master Phil would be the best move we could make. I think seeing Carter on the team would entice him.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/5/2004  1:41 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Isles... geeze, dont get your panties in a bunch, just a little humor on a Thursday afternoon. I see your still a little too sensitive about all this.

Whats really funny is how w/ Layden we were locked into 3 years of Eisley, Anderson, Houston and KVH and all we could do is wait for the contracts to run their course. Then w/ Isiah those who were upset about the Marbury trade had us locked into that roster for years to come. Now Chad (who spent the last 2 months dogging Isiah) is saying not only has Isiah overhauled the roster but he has considerable flexibility next year if things dont work out.

Now thats funny.

-------------------
God I love kool-aid.

the funny part is your new sig.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/5/2004  1:41 PM
Well... it looks like Toronto would absolutely demand Marbury in a deal for Carter... However, if the Knicks can lock up JC, we'd have our PG of the future anyway.

I'd rather see our backcourt Marbs + Craw than Craw + Vince.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/5/2004  2:51 PM
I dont see Craw as a PG, backup or otherwise. I think he's the perfect backcourt compliment for Marbury. Last year we saw Marbury exposed at times. Teams would double him at half court and take the ball out of his hands. After that it was difficult to set up the offense and we wound up running Marbury off screens and picks to free him up. Now you have 2 dynamic scorers, ball handlers and playmakers together in the backcourt. One (Steph) a powerfull player adept at penetrating and drawing contact. The other an athletic freak. Its a matchup nightmare and will make it MUCH easier for guys like TT and other frontcourt players to get the ball in easy scoring opportunities.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
8/5/2004  3:12 PM
Here's some more Knicks tidbits from Chad's weekly chat:

Sonny, New York: What are the odds of the Knicks getting both Dampier and Crawford. Are the Vince Carter to Knicks rumor true?

Chad Ford: I'd put Crawford at 99 percent. Last night it appeared that both teams had agreed to the trade that would send Crawford and Jerome Williams to the Knicks for Dikembe Mutombo, Othella Harrington, Frank Williams and Cezary Trybanski. Crawford and his agent balked slightly at the deal on Wednesday because it was for less money, but it sounds like everyone is on the same page. Dampier is probably at 75 percent. He's still shopping but it sure sounds like he wants to play for the Knicks. The Hawks are his other top suitor. Vince? He reportedly wants to play in New York, but who doesn't. I don't think the Raptors will even listen unless Isiah puts Stephon Marbury in the deal and that probably won't happen. Put that one at 5 percent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hubert (New York): If the Knicks can somehow get Dampier and Crawford, where do you rank them in the East next year? How does Isiah manage to pull this off if he does?

Chad Ford: If they get Damp to sign for the mid-level, they will be very deep and physical. I think we're talking about a 3-4 seed in the East. Obviously the Pistons and Pacers are at the top. Miami could be there too depending on how they round out their team. Give Isiah a lot of credit if he gets both players in a Knicks uniform next season.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/5/2004  3:18 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I dont see Craw as a PG, backup or otherwise. I think he's the perfect backcourt compliment for Marbury. Last year we saw Marbury exposed at times. Teams would double him at half court and take the ball out of his hands. After that it was difficult to set up the offense and we wound up running Marbury off screens and picks to free him up. Now you have 2 dynamic scorers, ball handlers and playmakers together in the backcourt. One (Steph) a powerfull player adept at penetrating and drawing contact. The other an athletic freak. Its a matchup nightmare and will make it MUCH easier for guys like TT and other frontcourt players to get the ball in easy scoring opportunities.

AMEN. THANK YOU. The last thing we need is another shooting guard to complement a combo guard.

With Jamal and Marbs, we'd have two combo guards playing who could either make a play, score, penetrate or shoot. It would be very hard to defend, and it would make double teaming Marbs at half court almost impossible (then again, so would a healthy Allan, but at this point a healthy Allan is a bigger question than Jamal being here).

I think the entire league is drinking Isiah's kool-aid at this point. Someone fix Mullin a glass.
¿ △ ?
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/5/2004  4:48 PM
Jamal's a good playmaker. That's how he gets a lot of assists. I'd have no problem with him playing backup PG. Actually, I'd take him to be my starting PG over about half of the starting PGs in the league.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/5/2004  4:53 PM
I like this alot... two playmaking combo guards in the prime of their careers. You have a big versatile athletic TT at 27 years old. Sweetney is 21, Ariza isnt even 20 yet. Its nice to be excited about things again.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/5/2004  4:57 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I like this alot... two playmaking combo guards in the prime of their careers. You have a big versatile athletic TT at 27 years old. Sweetney is 21, Ariza isnt even 20 yet. Its nice to be excited about things again.

I love this team. Please god, don't let the Tim Thomas for Vince rumors be true!!!
¿ △ ?
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
8/5/2004  4:59 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

I think the entire league is drinking Isiah's kool-aid at this point. Someone fix Mullin a glass.

Everybody in the club gettin tipsy. Hey, Isles, you wanna get in on this?
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Insider 8/5: Isiah On Verge Of Impressive Overhaul

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy