[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who's left that we can use??
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

7/5/2016  10:45 AM
There's still some free agents out there that could seriously help us coming off the bench.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/07/03/new-york-knicks-free-agent-shooters-to-target/

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/07/02/new-york-knicks-deep-sleepers-to-consider-in-free-agency/

There's one guy i've been saying i want for a while now and think would be a perfect fit for us in Kevin Martin.

AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/5/2016  10:50 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:There's still some free agents out there that could seriously help us coming off the bench.

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/07/03/new-york-knicks-free-agent-shooters-to-target/

http://dailyknicks.com/2016/07/02/new-york-knicks-deep-sleepers-to-consider-in-free-agency/

There's one guy i've been saying i want for a while now and think would be a perfect fit for us in Kevin Martin.

Kevin has been broken down for a while. We need youth.

newyorker4ever

7/5/2016  12:14 PM
Caseloads wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:There's still some free agents out there that could seriously help us coming off the bench.

If we didn't go into win now mode i would agree with you but we are now in win now mode so bringing in K.Martin on a one or two year deal would be a good addition and would bring something we really need which is 3 point shooting from our back court which right now we have one guy in our back court that can shoot the 3 ball in C.Lee and he can play both guard positions.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/5/2016  12:18 PM
What's up with Maurice N'Dour? Is he healthy again? I'd sign him to play back up PF. Or third string PF.
¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/5/2016  12:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2016  12:21 PM
Caseloads wrote:

Another step towards turning the Knicks into the walking wounded?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/5/2016  12:22 PM
The Knicks only have the room exemption and the nba minimum deal.

We're gonna have our share of good scraps in a few weeks

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/5/2016  12:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:What's up with Maurice N'Dour? Is he healthy again? I'd sign him to play back up PF. Or third string PF.

Ask Willy they were teammates last year. He didn't play much on real Madrid for whatever reason but then again Real doesn't really play young guys regardless how good they are. It is interesting though that such a good team wanted to take a look at him.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/5/2016  12:29 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:What's up with Maurice N'Dour? Is he healthy again? I'd sign him to play back up PF. Or third string PF.

Ask Willy they were teammates last year. He didn't play much on real Madrid for whatever reason but then again Real doesn't really play young guys regardless how good they are. It is interesting though that such a good team wanted to take a look at him.

Ah, didn't realize he was on Willy's team - well, I have a feeling the Knicks are aware of his status then since they were surely scouting Willy this year. He's a name I'd check in on, though maybe they already have... I remember Dallas signed him off our summer league team (people here acted like the sky was falling) and then he got injured and waived in Mavs camp... I think he signed with Real Madrid shortly after

¿ △ ?
RonRon
Member: #246
7/5/2016  12:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2016  1:47 PM
I would have no problem adding him, however would categorize him as a DEVELOPMENT project
We do need a solid backup Center and think Dewayne Dedmon could be a GREAT addition to fill that void, especially in an UPTEMPO system
A shot blocking/mobile center that can finish/rebound, switch and recover on DEF, he can also hit FT's
I really like Biyombo's game but having Dewayne Dedmon at a fraction of the cost, I would be very content

He was a team mate of Kyle O Quin and was the one that took his minutes, wonder what would O Quin say about him on and off the court
I believe we have about 2m + (depending if we resign Langston or not too) AND the Bi Annual Exemption left to spend (though we must have the money to offer more money than the vet min to sign Willy Herm, cuz he is not playing at 500k)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2580913/dewayne-dedmon

When looking at Dewayned Dedmon, pay attention to him when he actually gets solid minutes
And note that there were changes to to coaching roster last season

With Noah here, having a backup that is capable of starting, effective as a role player, provides a need for the roster, and is cap friendly *possibly just 2year deal at most since we cannot offer much money, I do not see him signing for a long term deal*

The Biannual Exception

==========================

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2016/05/hoops-rumors-glossary-biannual-exception.html

The biannual exception provides for a starting salary of $2.203MM in 2016/17. That’s approximately 3% greater than the starting salary in a biannual deal in 2015/16, but with the salary cap projected to rise by more than 30%, the relative value of the biannual will be much lower.

A biannual contract can be for either one or two seasons, with a raise of 4.5% for the second season. Thus, a player who signs in the 2016/17 season can receive a contract worth a total of up to $4,505,135 via the exception. Teams also have the option of splitting the biannual among multiple players, though that happens much less frequently than it does with the mid-level exception, since a split biannual deal wouldn’t entail much more than the minimum salary. The biannual exception starts to prorate on January 10th, decreasing in value by 1/170th each day until the end of the regular season.

Only two teams used the biannual exception in the 2015/16 season, thanks in large measure to the legion of clubs that dipped below the cap. The Hornets signed Jeremy Lin to a two-year deal for the full value of the biannual, with a player option on year two. The Wizards gave their full biannual to Gary Neal, though he signed only a one-year deal. The results couldn’t have been more different, with Lin flourishing as a sixth man while Neal endured injuries, ultimately hitting waivers in March. Lin seems like a cinch to opt out, given the way he upped his market value, and Neal is already off the Wizards roster, but neither team will have access to the biannual this summer.

------------

So players that we can sign for the rest of the cap space we have left anywhere from 2m-3m (depending on Langston Galloway's cap hold and Willy G's contract) + and the Bi Annual Exemption ($2.203MM according to hoopsrumors.com)

Vet mins to cap friendly talents with what is left with our cap space

Jarrett Jack - think he would be a solid addition and would be playing as the 2nd ball handler a couple years ago he could easily play and defend the PG, SG's, and SF's and is a LEGIT PG
However, with is age and injury, we have no clue if and how long it will take for him to recover or if he could pull a Baron Davis on us

Tony Douglas - he was SOLID last season and got his confidence back in his 3pt shot

Norris Cole *unlikely with our cap sap left though we can ask Noah and Lee to make 500k less each*

Ian Clark

Troy Daniels *currently RFA*

Shane Larkin
Ronnie Price
Tim Frazier
Ronnie Price

Seth Curry *has to steal him Mark Cuban* /Troy Daniels BOTH SHOOTERS RFA

Randy Foye I liked him a couple years ago, 4years late, vet min I have no problem with but not to tap in the rest of our remaining money left...
Nando De Colo/Shved

Eric Green/Nate Walters (Briggs favorites)

Harrison Brothers
Dukes backup PG that we had interest in last year that was undrafted

Greviez Vasquez - basically an younger/injured Calderon that was once a triple double machine with a young Anthony Davis
Brian Roberts
Donald Sloan

Jeff Taylor - really hope Phil looks at him, think he can be compared to Evan Turner with a much better 3pt shot, look at my other post that has videos on him in addition to Youtube

Gereld Henderson - just signed a 2year 18m deal with the SIXERS

Gereld Green - instant OFFENSE and surprisinly hits 3pts and a great rate at times and still quite athletic
Kevin Martin - think we NEED more shooters, possibly in different positions
Brandon Rush

JR Smith/Lance Stephenson *for the money left can not complain even if it is a player option on 2nd year*
team option on Anthony Morrow

Alonzo Gee

Thanasis/Summers/JP Tokoto with whoever was with our W Knicks, including the MVP lights out shooter that Rambis never really played...
Marvelle Harris Marshall Plumlee

David Michineau/Bryce Johnson, along with other D League talents/undrafted players/ continued development talent

PJ Hairson which Phil Jackson allegedly was hoping to draft in the CleAnthony Early draft

Koustas Pap/Chase Budinger
Dorell Wright
Novak

Luke Babbit
Anthony Bennet

James Johnson

Thomas Robinson *a player that can greatly benefit with the added talent we acquired, players like Noah/Kyle O Quin could get him easy buckets in addition to our BIG 3, as he likes to play in the post/mid post*

IF we do not sign Dewayne Dedmon

Mo Speights/Hickson/ David West

David Lee/Josh Smith/Chris Anderson
Varerajo

Tyler Zeller/Miles Plumlee *not sure if they got rescinded or not and if they signed with any teams*

Backniski, lead the league *D league* in block shots and also in college, played 4 years, and now has developed his body to be NBA ready, a BRIGGS favorite on draft night

Christian Wood *just for Briggs*

Alan Williams was dominant last year in Summer League
Willie Reed

*a trade for Shabazz, Shelvin Mack, or Will Barton would be AWESOME*

Can we pull a DeAndre Jordan for Seth Curry? 2year 6m seems pretty good but with the cap hold on Langston Galloway, it makes more sense to keep him over using cap space to acquire Curry
We also likely have to offer more since Dallas is in Texas and that means NO STATE TAX

Will Barton in a cap friendly deal in a trade with Jeff Lauv or some other talents on Denver, Suns, Boston, Philly that have too much young talent with many draft picks/draft rights
Using the MONEY and 2nd rounders

Gambles
===========

Andrew Bynum (with the money going up the way it is, HE WILL WANT BACK in the NBA and isn't exactly old though has injuries concerns but he can also sign for a CHEAP contract because of it)
Briggs had was eyeing him in HS, stalking him on Facebook, no the other site that called MYSPACE, getting his SAT scores and other fascinations that he found out before teams knew who he was...
We drafted Channing Frye RIGHT BEFORE Bynum and boy was Briggs upset with many of us...

Larry Sanders (he screwed the Bucks but because of it, he could potentially sign a LOW RISK/HIGH REWARD player and could bring what a YOUNG Chris Anderson/Bizmack Biyombo at a lower cost)

Andray Blatche
Jeremy Tyler - was cut by Phil Jackson, however he played really well for us and with the leadership/new direction of the team, maybe he can be a steal worthy of an unguaranteed deal

Josh Smith (can he play a role similar to Bizmack?)

Larry Sanders - think GS would be ideal for him and GS since they dont have money left but if we can be in play for the vet min 2year deal, he has to earn his way back in the league after screwing The Bucks

Mike James *the young athletic one*

Lance Stephenson - With the money we have left he would be a steal regardless but bringing HOME is New York, NOT INDIANA

Kobe Bryant (are we sure he is retiring, he may just itch to play again and he should know that playing in the East is much better than playing in the West)

Stephen Jackson - has said recently that he wants to come back

Metta World Peace - "I'm coming home, coming home.... tell the world now *ELBOW TO UR FACE*"

Tmac - has said in the past year or 2 that he wanted to come back and wanted to play with Kobe and Kobe's feelings were mutal, just saying...

Jermaine Oneil??

PG's I think that we cutt Wroten for a reason, we already have a target in mind, whether it is a vet min player, contract friendly player or UDFA or International

maybe that was Brandon Jennings or still another PG in play, possibly the rights to a 2nd rounder or elsewhere, whether international, D League, FA, or in a trade
TJ Mcconnell looks like a really solid player that is on Philly, I really like his game on both ends of the floor, can be a Stockton/Nash type of player if he continues to develop

Ronnie Price?

SHOOTERS can never have enough

===============================================

With constant penetration from both Rose/Jennings, we have seen how Novak can produce, if we add more skilled ball handlers/passers like Novak/Kyle O Quin with better ball/player movement/uptempo pace/philosophies
I think if we can find players that are similar and younger than Dunleavy that provides shooting/versatility on both OFF AND DEF, on HIGH IQ with GREAT CUTS, it would fit GREATLY with Noah and Kyle O Quin

Covington and his CHEAP vet min deal with Hollis Thompson would provide 3pt shooting from Sixers,
Patty Mills

along with Isiah Cannon/Troy Daniels/ Jimmerr Freddette
Forgot his name but the PG/SG that was on Utah/Spurs that was undrafted that was on D League and picked up by a couple teams

Tony Douglas

Mike James *the young athletic one*

Vasquez
Anthony Morrow, Kevin Martin
Baker? not sure what to list him as

Rudy Fernandaz?

Koustas Pap
Chase Budinger
Damjan Rudez

Luke Babbit - improved his overall game with strength/size/handle/post ups, is an arkward lefty that could help our 2nd unit on a vet min deal

Dorell Wright
Novak
The shooter on Heat/Cleveland that has just as many rings as Lebron, James Jones
Mike Miller

The BIG that played for Orlando 2years back? At PF/C Maybe DeAndre something?? or something like that and there is another like as well Orlando something?
Mo Speights

Sun's have some pieces that could be interesting, including their guards and PJ tucket at 5m on his final year
Even Brandon Knight/Eric Bledsoe next season

I believe that IF THE WARRIOR WANT, they may have the ability to sign Westbrook or another MAX player, resign Durant, resign Curry but will have to let Iggy/Livingston go *though if it is for another player can convince them to take slightly less along with Curry/Durant as UFA's, and even have Iggy/Livingston sign for less if the team wants...

or instead of an ALL STAR, a Rudy Gay type player

newyorker4ever

7/5/2016  1:01 PM
EnySpree wrote:The Knicks only have the room exemption and the nba minimum deal.

We're gonna have our share of good scraps in a few weeks

That's exactly what i've been saying. We need to wait free agency out now for a little while and once the money starts drying up some these vets will just be looking to sign on somewhere that has a chance to win and we could come away with a couple of really good vets on vet min deals. Two biggest needs for me is another guard that can shoot the 3 ball and a big man with offense around the rim which i think D.Lee would be perfect for.

newyorker4ever

7/5/2016  1:18 PM
So i just saw in RonRons post a name that i forgot about that we were supposedly looking at or bringing in for workouts which is Anthony Bennett. What happened to that whole deal?? I thought we were gonna put him on our summer league team?
RonRon
7/5/2016  1:44 PM
also the rumored EURO SG's and PF/C (that Spurs were also chasing) that we were linked to have interest in a couple week ago
could be solid additions for the future that can contribute now, I think having some YOUNG talents to develop/continued development could pay out BIG with the way the NBA is structured now with these HUGE contracts

It could become HUGE assets moving forward if it works out...

NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
7/5/2016  2:12 PM
Assuming you can pick them up cheap, I'd take a chance on James McAdoo and Ian Clark, both of whom contributed to GS this year, even if their stats are iffy. McAdoo spent most of the year recovering from injury but he looked, for a rookie, almost competent toward the end of the year. He has a ways to go but if he gets it together defensively, I can see him a being a solid bench player for someone next year, it's even possible, though unlikely, that he'd continue to develop and you'd have a steal. Clark has less upside but he's a versatile, energetic, guard. He was little used last year because: Livingston. However, when he did play, he looked like a solid backup. When he filled in for Livingston, filling in for an injured Curry or Thompson, he had fairly solid games.
tj23
Member: #3119

7/5/2016  4:41 PM
There's tons of guys I'd be happy with. We have 11 guaranteed contracts now?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/5/2016  8:04 PM
Well, DWade is available for 2/50
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/5/2016  8:19 PM
With what is left Id Kevin Martin Tim Frazier and Christian Wood---
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/5/2016  8:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:With what is left Id Kevin Martin Tim Frazier and Christian Wood---

we could prob still offer Seth Curry $34M for 4 years

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorker4ever

7/5/2016  8:30 PM
BRIGGS wrote:With what is left Id Kevin Martin Tim Frazier and Christian Wood---

Give me K.Martin and D.Lee and i'd be happy.

RonRon
7/5/2016  9:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/5/2016  9:12 PM
martin wrote:

we could prob still offer Seth Curry $34M for 4 years

No, that is NOT THE MLE 4year 48m is the new MLE

Seriously though I wouldn't mind having Curry for 2year 6m
And I do think Crabbe can be special, can be a more versatile Allan Houston and is more a complete player
I do think they will match though, probably better off letting him become a UFA

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/5/2016  9:15 PM
For the price Curry got and what we need it may go down as big error. I see flaw with this teams lack of outside shooting. If I'm defending the Knicks I simply sag in because I'll live with the outside shooters as of now and Noah isn't a post scorer. This will disrupt Knicks driving lanes
RIP Crushalot😞
Who's left that we can use??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy