[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Peter John Ramos vs Americans in the finals 34 points 9 rebounds 3 blocks
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/4/2004  10:32 AM
http://usabasketball.com/men/2004/04_ymwcq_game5_box.html

sometimes i dont get it. we needed a C so badly and two fell to the bottom of the first round and into the second. Trevor ariza is a fine player but hes a dime a dozen. Guys who are 7-0 265 or worse 7-3 275 and 19 years old with high skill levels are almost IMPOSSIBLE to find. If Ramos played this tournament before the draft he wouldve made the lottery easy. Sometimes its hard to judge guys in individual workouts-espcially young foreign guys because it's a difficult situation for them--he should be judge on his work in his league which was 21 points 8 reb shooting 58& at 19 years old.
This guy scorced the BEST american prospects--many touted as high lottery for 34 and 9 and hes 19! Who has a skilled 7-3 C almost no one! 6-8 SF theyre on every team. all this work to take on salaries and the extremely small non-prohibitive cost it wouldve taken to get either harrison or Ramos is inconsequential to the Knicks--we fd up--we NEEDED a C prospect and they were there!!!!!
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/4/2004  10:36 AM
it's a tough argument - do you draft a player that could potentially make a bigger impact down the road or do you draft a player that fills a team need. i think isiah was so surprised ariza fell to the 2nd round that he scooped him up. whatever the case, it's time to just wait and see...
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/4/2004  10:42 AM
I dont get it... he was drafted before we had a pick. not to mention the fact that Isiah point blank said he was trying to move up, but was unsuccessful. whats the grip? I would have liked him too... he wasnt available.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/4/2004  10:43 AM
i wouldve hoped we couldve done something independent of ariza like the grizzlies did with burks and emmitt[high second rounders they bought] oh well
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/4/2004  10:49 AM
hey.. totally fair. I would have liked to see us buy that Nets pick if nothing else. At the time we had no roster spots (as you often mentioned). Isiah did say he wanted to move up for Ariza among others, but was unable.

Maybe he just didnt want to add picks until he was certain he could do something about the roster.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/4/2004  11:19 AM
WTF....

Isiah drafted the best player available....

Ramos? I happy for him that he dropped 30 plus and 9 rebs....you can't get everyone. I hate when you guys say the Knicks messed up about every sleeper.....what about the other 29 teams that passed on players?

Trevor Ariza wasn't known before the draft but the whole league knows the kids name now. If he played summer league before he got drafted he would have went in the 1st round.

Can't have it all....you can't front on the Knicks now.....they have been doing a relentless job since Isiah took over.....Knicks actually feel like a franchise again.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/4/2004  11:37 AM
I think the Wizard were very lucky to get this guy in the second round. He definitely has great talent and size has a center and if he developes into what he could develope, teams could regret not taking him in the first round when they could.

Now, that has nothing to do with us, Briggs. You get frustrated by things that we can't do nothing about anymore. You sometimes keep bringing back the Marbury's deal and Milos and Lampe and all that because you really wanted the Knicks to start all over with young players and draft picks. That was an option and it could've worked but the truth is that another decision was made and we have to deal with this new path the Knicks are now. The same thing applies to this.

We had no shot at Ramos or another good center with our pick, and since Isiah's tries to go up didn't work, he settled with the best he could get at his pick. He did a great job because for such a deep pick he got a talent with a lot of upside. You can't blame him for taking Ariza when Ramos was already taken a lot of picks ago. He did the best with what he had. That's the truth and we have to go on.

I would really like to have a prospect center like Ramos but he wasn't avaliable so lets move on. Who knows if later on when he has developed he will be avaliable to us...
Knicks_Fan
raven
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #316
Canada
8/4/2004  11:57 AM
Ariza will do well for us. Hadn't we drafted him, you would have screamed about him after the summer leage.

Hey, instead of looking at what we don't have, why not looking at what we already have ?
Peter John Ramos vs Americans in the finals 34 points 9 rebounds 3 blocks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy