Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

7/1/2016  10:47 PM
Start poppin' the bubbly fellers...
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/1/2016  10:49 PM
Welcome. One of the best defensive bigs, great mobility and motor. He is a much better talent than Lopez. The main thing will be whether he has a healthy stretch with the team or not. What I do know is that he will give a 100 percent. Chemistry wise him and Rose have it big time. May make Rose's transition to the Knicks easier.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2016  10:50 PM
Now we're down to just one piece for our starting 5! This has been some summer so far and it's not even finished yet. Apparently the Knicks have about $11 Mil left not counting the cap holds. I'm assuming Phil wants to bring back DWill, Lance and Gallo.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  10:52 PM
Yay! We win! Noah's a Knick.

Uhm, what did we win again?

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/1/2016  10:56 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Yay! We win! Noah's a Knick.

Entertainment... It's all entertainment.
Goal is nothing, having fun on the way is everything.
Enjoy the ride...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/1/2016  10:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  10:58 PM
Too long of a contract but **** it....take it one season at a time

With Melo, Rose and KP.... Noah makes them better. Now we need a shooting guard. We got 12 mil to spend

At least now we know who our leader is now. Go knicks

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloanyk
Member: #5615

7/1/2016  11:12 PM
Welcome aboard Joakim, wish we had ya earlier. Stay healthy
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/1/2016  11:14 PM
meloanyk wrote:Welcome aboard Joakim, wish we had ya earlier. Stay healthy

Exactly. This would have been a great signing in 2011! I guess we can hope he turns back the clock.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/1/2016  11:16 PM
arkrud wrote:

Entertainment... It's all entertainment.
Goal is nothing, having fun on the way is everything.
Enjoy the ride...

WOW, couldn't have said it better. The three ring circus is in town. WHOOOOOOO

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/1/2016  11:17 PM

We still have a baby unicorn and our no. 1 picks going forward.
Tanking and "next years starphuchs" don't always equate either.

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/1/2016  11:19 PM
EnySpree wrote:Too long of a contract but **** it....take it one season at a time

With Melo, Rose and KP.... Noah makes them better. Now we need a shooting guard. We got 12 mil to spend

One of the things fans underestimate when teams are put together by Phil is character and cohesion of the players. I fully believe the reason Phil signed Noah after trading for Rose is the team chemistry aspect of it as well. Injuries can happen to any team and player at any time. The Thunder werein the lottery just a year ago because KD missed significant time.

Then factor what Noah does for KP. Much like RoLo he defends the tougher bigs allowing KP to roam and block shots. Noah is a much much better rebounder than Lopez. The Calderon/Lopez combo at point guard was easy for teams to take advantage off in screen and rolls. With Noah, screen roll defense will improve. Jose was a weak defender. There are many aspects to this that can make this work out very well. Obviously injuries or declining player athleticism can hurt us sogmificantly as well.

Im much more convinced of a playoff run with this group than Lopez/Calderon. One thing that should be clear to Knicks fans watching free agency unfold. Who the heck would we have signed to upgradetge point guard position significantly had we kept Lopez/Calderon? Conley stayed with Memphis on a massive deal. Rondo can not shoot or play in the Triangle. Would signing Evan Turner to a bigger deal than Noah be more impressive?

Way I see it, we would have signed Evan Turner instead of Noah, and we would have possibly signed Pau Gasol and brought Lopez off the bench. Is that team of more upside? I rather have what we have now.

Bottom line is players like Conley were never going to come, and there would have been a load of whining had we end up with Jose or Jeremy Lin as our best point guard again.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/1/2016  11:20 PM
Wheeeeee, sweet baby starphukk
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2016  11:28 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Too long of a contract but **** it....take it one season at a time

One of the things fans underestimate when teams are put together by Phil is character and cohesion of the players. I fully believe the reason Phil signed Noah after trading for Rose is the team chemistry aspect of it as well. Injuries can happen to any team and player at any time. The Thunder werein the lottery just a year ago because KD missed significant time.

Then factor what Noah does for KP. Much like RoLo he defends the tougher bigs allowing KP to roam and block shots. Noah is a much much better rebounder than Lopez. The Calderon/Lopez combo at point guard was easy for teams to take advantage off in screen and rolls. With Noah, screen roll defense will improve. Jose was a weak defender. There are many aspects to this that can make this work out very well. Obviously injuries or declining player athleticism can hurt us sogmificantly as well.

Im much more convinced of a playoff run with this group than Lopez/Calderon. One thing that should be clear to Knicks fans watching free agency unfold. Who the heck would we have signed to upgradetge point guard position significantly had we kept Lopez/Calderon? Conley stayed with Memphis on a massive deal. Rondo can not shoot or play in the Triangle. Would signing Evan Turner to a bigger deal than Noah be more impressive?

Way I see it, we would have signed Evan Turner instead of Noah, and we would have possibly signed Pau Gasol and brought Lopez off the bench. Is that team of more upside? I rather have what we have now.

Bottom line is players like Conley were never going to come, and there would have been a load of whining had we end up with Jose or Jeremy Lin as our best point guard again.

Four years at 70 mil for Turner is a brutal contract. Glad he is off the board though. Also, I agree with the post. I think the Rose trade was a smart move. Noah's deal seems very reasonable. I think NY will love Noah and I think he will be great with KP.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/1/2016  11:31 PM
Welcome Noah, Welcome Rose, and other vets. Im going to enjoy the party because its going to be one hell of a hangover. Hopefully enough good basketball to say it was worth it.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2016  11:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

Four years at 70 mil for Turner is a brutal contract. Glad he is off the board though. Also, I agree with the post. I think the Rose trade was a smart move. Noah's deal seems very reasonable. I think NY will love Noah and I think he will be great with KP.

After things calm down and the Naysayers have had a chance to really take stock of what happened in this FA Market, they will realize that Phil did the best he could. His moves make sense from a team fit and cohesion standpoint. All you can do it make the best moves you can and the rest plays out over time. So much talk about yr 4 when that's the last thing we should be worried about right now.

We've gotta see this team come together and win. The quality of this team is going to be NIGHT and DAY better than last year's team. Let's pray for good health and success for this group!!!

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/1/2016  11:54 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:

After things calm down and the Naysayers have had a chance to really take stock of what happened in this FA Market, they will realize that Phil did the best he could. His moves make sense from a team fit and cohesion standpoint. All you can do it make the best moves you can and the rest plays out over time. So much talk about yr 4 when that's the last thing we should be worried about right now.

We've gotta see this team come together and win. The quality of this team is going to be NIGHT and DAY better than last year's team. Let's pray for good health and success for this group!!!

Phil's word of the year is simpatico and the Noah signing is as simpatico as it gets with the rest of his core group of players.

meloanyk
Member: #5615

7/2/2016  12:06 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:

Lopez is 3 years younger and was improving every year so I expect the gap to be fairly close as far as rebounding and defense. Having said that,Noah has a tremendous feel for the game and his passing will definitely help our frontline. He is comfortable handling the ball up top and like Lopez is great at not only setting screens but passing and rolling off them. Lopez played hard but Noah plays intense and MSG will luv him. Rose is nice kid but rather stoic, he'll get a warm reception but his play will ultimately dictate if that fuzzy feeling remains. Rose was the native son and there was sympathy and concessions made for his injuries but even Chicagoans began to tire of his so-so play and his on court persona. Kid was upbeat and talkative in his press conference so maybe some inherent pressure if off. I can tell you this, he has mentioned in the past his 2017 fa and wants that big contract but that can cut both ways so not sure if he will maintain his aggressiveness thruout .Anyway, having a supportive big brother in Noah aboard can only help Rose transition in his new surroundings. Rose and Hornachek also seem like a good pairing
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

7/2/2016  1:07 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:

Im much more convinced of a playoff run with this group than Lopez/Calderon. One thing that should be clear to Knicks fans watching free agency unfold. Who the heck would we have signed to upgradetge point guard position significantly had we kept Lopez/Calderon?

Deron Williams?

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2016  1:16 AM

Saw this on reddit. It is against Rolo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Noah is a Knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy