[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

we're giving up too much
Author Thread
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

8/4/2004  2:11 AM
all those expiring contracts and Shandon is still here???? that makes me real mad... i will only be happy if we get Dampier ALSO.. if not.. big deal.. crawford... he better be awesome cuz frank was the man
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
8/4/2004  2:25 AM
Frank was the man for knocking Kidd on his ass, but if Houston's healthy (I'm guessing he is now), he wouldn't get time.

Knicks could still get Dampier, according to the Post.
#Knickstaps
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/4/2004  2:32 AM
I am just curious, what type of player at the trade deadline do you think these expiring deals can get us? do you think a player better than Jamal?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/4/2004  2:37 AM
The problem is that the Knicks aren't getting rid of any bad contracts (if the reports can be believed) along with the expiring contracts.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/4/2004  2:50 AM
I don't know what to think about it. Wer'e burning all of our trade assets with that trade, except KT.

But at the same time, that trade would free some roster spots, so we could sign so young guys on the cheap, keep our rookes.

Don't know what to think about it.

As you said, I liked frank's attitude, but with craw on board, he would have barely seen the sunlight.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/4/2004  7:59 AM
Posted by tkf:

I am just curious, what type of player at the trade deadline do you think these expiring deals can get us? do you think a player better than Jamal?
You won't get someone better than Crawford with such tiny expiring contracts. It's also clear that the Warriors have no interest in any of our players with expiring contracts since they don't have any big long-term contracts to get rid of and don't need PF/Cs.

The problem is that the Knicks aren't getting rid of any bad contracts
They're not taking any bad contracts either! JYD is barely making more than his market value. (He's making $5.5 mil and would probably get at least $4 mil if he were a free agent this summer.)
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
8/4/2004  8:48 AM
Posted by Elite:

all those expiring contracts and Shandon is still here????

Agree with you here, if we had just made the deal a month ago, we could have swapped Shandon and E-Rob as well.

It's not a big difference, though. Both would be 12th man or IR on the Knicks with Houston, Craw, and Marbs splitting time in the backcourt, and Penny backing up TT at the 3. Penny can also play 2 if Houston is hurt or has to miss time. The only benefit to swapping Shandon with E-Rob is that E-Rob's deal expires a year sooner. But it's not a major issue, we have enough expiring deals next year to make some noise in the trade market regardless. Looks like we're stuck with Shandon.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/4/2004  9:03 AM
Posted by CTKnicksfan:
Posted by Elite:

all those expiring contracts and Shandon is still here????

Agree with you here, if we had just made the deal a month ago, we could have swapped Shandon and E-Rob as well.

How do you know that? (And please don't tell me you know it because it was reported in the papers a month ago)
we're giving up too much

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy