[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thoughts On Game
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
12/20/2001  10:49 PM
After watching that game, the Knicks should've pulled the trigger to get Brian Grant the minute it was proposed. Thomas was in foul trouble w/ what?, 5 minutes in the first quarter! Give me a break, Knight is decent, but the Knicks need all the help they can get and with him getting these stupid fouls, then arguing for some reason and getting Techincals, it just doesn't help. Why doesn't Harrington start? Can anyone tell me? And also, just watching those last fifteen shots or however many pathetic shots they attempted in those closing seconds, just absolutely pathetic.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
UKDad
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #31
USA
12/21/2001  10:00 AM
The Journal has it best - the Knicks don't come to every game with the attitude that they have to win it. They come with the attitude that they think they deserve it. Strictly a non-professional outlook. The leadership is not there. On all the teams that had greatness tags, the Celtics, Lakers and Bulls - there was always a leader, and there was always someone who took up the slack. This Knicks team does not have either one. When LJ was there, there was some of it, but not enough to be great. Patrick certainly did not have it, and now the only one who gives a damn is Spree. Certainly the $100 million man is not giving it to them... I think there are UltimateKnick forum attendees that could go out and spark the team.
The Old Man of UK...
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/21/2001  10:40 AM
Hmm, so you think me with my 6'7" and very bad knee could make the team?

Would be great
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/21/2001  10:45 AM
Posted by knicksbabyyeah:

Hmm, so you think me with my 6'7" and very bad knee could make the team?

Would be great

6'7"? Man, if the Knicks got an exception for LJ I am sure they would have offered you a chunck.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
12/21/2001  10:47 AM
I wonder if Camby's foot is hurting him more than the Knicks' organization is leading us to believe. I only caught the last quarter of the Memphis game, but 0-6 from the field (not to mention 2-5 from the stripe) and 8 rebounds (4 of which came in the last 10 seconds off of tips)? He's got to do better for the knicks to win.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
12/21/2001  10:48 AM
The reason why there is no apparent leader because the only qualified candidate has been foolishly overlooked. To me it seems like a slap in the face that Spree was not made team co captian. So it makes you wonder how close he and Van Gundy really was because he didn't find it necassary to give Spree the nod either. The real question is what do our team look for in the so called captian and leader because I am certain we are not getting it from Allan alone. My take on the other issue is still the same and will always be the same. Kurt Thomas is a decent reserve or backup ,which ever one of those terms you would like to use, and that is it nothing more. I know that Camby is hurt and I am certainly not questioning his toughness but anyone who is a genuine Knick fan knows that we need Marcus to finish stronger than he finished last night. I hate to see him lay up the ball he is already there so dunk it it is a higher percentage shot and you award yourself a better oppurtunity to draw the foul around the basket. Flaskback , you guys remember the way he abused Muttumbo and the Hawks on our run to the finals, that is the Camby that we need
knicker for life
martin
USA
12/21/2001  10:49 AM
Was anyone really impressed with Shane? The guys can definitely defend, obviously hit critical shots (in the Garden, off of a called play to put your team ahead, whoa) and he is only a rookie. Very nice pick.

I did see that he was guarding Spree and the end of the game. Anyone care to comment on his whole game?
knicksbabyyeah
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #100
Netherlands
12/21/2001  11:01 AM
Posted by martin:

6'7"? Man, if the Knicks got an exception for LJ I am sure they would have offered you a chunck.

Hence the reason why I started playing ball, it isn't such a big sport in the Netherlands but ever since I was 6 or 7 people asked me if I played basketball. So eventually I did. My knee is surgically repaired though but running back on forth on the court agitates some muscle below the knee cap so it's hard for me to play a full season here, let alone in the states. I just play some for fun now and play some summer tournaments.

[Edited by - knicksbabyyeah on 12/21/2001 11:02:19]
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/21/2001  12:32 PM
Yeah, they said Battier's played 2 with Dickerson out, and I would keep him there. Battier @ 2, Gasol @ 3, and Swift @ 4, and Lorenzen Wright @ C. Obviously Williams is a little out of control, but that 2,3,4 is definitely who they should build around. Battier, who is 6 foot 10 I think, and Gasol who is over 7 feet, playing the wings would absoultely devastate teams. Now, only if they had a PG to pass it to them.
#Knickstaps
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/21/2001  2:52 PM
I still like what our big three are doing, but it's obvious there's something missing. I think we need to make a solid move and pick up Brian Grant. Ward, Thomas, and Knight for Grant and Carter works capwise and a deal like that would help us a lot. Sprewell will be an all-star, Camby will eventually be an all-star, and Houston will always be boarderline, but it's finally becoming quite clear we don't have much else. Grant would help fill the void for now, but we still need to make more moves.
prowler
Member: #135
USA
12/22/2001  9:39 AM
Man honestly, I really like this trade but is there a real likelyhood of it actually happening? Right now Thomas isnt giving us much and at this point we have nothing mich to lose by doing this trade. Plus I hope if we get this done I still would like to see us continue pursuing Marc Jackson but what will we offer after the grant trade? Nevertheless if we somehow pull of that wizardry we would be pretty decent and will in the off season make and upgrade via the draft or free agency. I am still lobbying and will from now on to get Lovar Postell some minutes. Too long we have stagnated young budding ball players in the mecca of basketball.
knicker for life
Thoughts On Game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy