[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Early not tendered a qualifying offer...
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

6/30/2016  10:57 PM
In the same Newsday article talking about Galloway's qualifying offer, it was mentioned that Early was not given his qualifying offer so he is now an unrestricted FA.
The Knicks didn’t extend Early a qualifying offer, a source said, so he is an unrestricted free agent. The third-year forward is playing on the Knicks’ summer league team and hopes he will remain with the big team.

“I want to be here,” Early said. “We’ll see. I’m pretty confident that things will work out.”

Early did not practice Thursday due to a strained left hamstring. The Knicks said he’s day-to-day.

My own feeling is that this is significant, and that there's a chance Early might not even be invited to training camp if he doesn't show the Knicks coaching staff something during the SL campaign.

I liked the pick when Phil made it because I remembered how well Early had played against KU in the tournament, but so far he has been too inconsistent at this level.

I just don't think he's shown anything on the court as a Knick which makes me think he can make a significant contribution on a good team.

I feel bad that I'm thinking this way about him, and hope that I'm proven wrong, but I think his days as a Knick might be numbered.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/30/2016  11:25 PM
I thought he did everything he needed to do in preseason lass year but Fisher choose to go with Lance. Lance had a terrible preseason but went on to have a good season despite injury. The kid need the support of the team. At the same time he needs to take advantage of the situation he's in. He should be a lock to be the back up small fwds. Instead this kid might end up in China or Europe next season. Kid need to take control of his situation
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Early not tendered a qualifying offer...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy