Phil to offer Noah 48mill over 3 years
Author Thread
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/1/2016  4:03 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:This thread should be locked as it'll mislead all the Knicks fans.

The latest numbers are 4 years $72m. All years guaranteed. With Mozgov verbal with Lakers, Phil will be backed into corner and concede to Noah's reps.

Basically we're phucked for 4 years.

Try-olling too hard.

LOL Try-olling, hilarious stuff.

What specifically about 4 years guaranteed of declining Noah is a good thing for this franchise?

I'll comment when that's a real thing.

AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  4:22 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:This thread should be locked as it'll mislead all the Knicks fans.

The latest numbers are 4 years $72m. All years guaranteed. With Mozgov verbal with Lakers, Phil will be backed into corner and concede to Noah's reps.

Try-olling too hard.

What specifically about 4 years guaranteed of declining Noah is a good thing for this franchise?

Ahh, the ole hedge against one's self. Never fails.

SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

7/1/2016  4:24 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

Thanks god I didn't hedge my bet on almost every player just taking the most money. It keeps happening. All thelse other reasons are for the birds.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  4:44 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

Nope, it appears Noah will sign. When he does and the terms are known, ask me if you're inclined.

i just said I would.

ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  5:01 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

Nope, it appears Noah will sign. When he does and the terms are known, ask me if you're inclined.

i just said I would.

So humor me. If it happens to be 4 fully guaranteed years, what is your stance? Even at 3 guaranteed it's still a pure gamble.

y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/1/2016  5:13 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

So humor me. If it happens to be 4 fully guaranteed years, what is your stance? Even at 3 guaranteed it's still a pure gamble.

Four years is probably too long. I don't mind the salary, but I also don't think Noah is an Amar'e-like contract where the Knicks are signing at guy that only relies on athleticism to a contract after major injuries and after medical experts basically came out and said he couldn't play. Noah isn't an 82 game per year player, but if he can provide the 65-70 games played at 25 minutes of plus defense, passing and rebounding that he did as little as two years ago and during most of his career for the first two of these years and then transition to the backup-4/5 role, this will be a good deal.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  5:14 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

I won't like that its 4 years.

It's a gamble at 1 year, I don't even need it to be 4 years to say that.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/1/2016  5:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

you won't like it or its a gamble is not really coming out and stating that you think we made a bad move, no?

I don't like it but I get it.

Its a gamble but thats part of the ...

so here is what phil is thinking ....
ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  5:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

you won't like it or its a gamble is not really coming out and stating that you think we made a bad move, no?

Knickoftime finally said "gamble"!

And gambling is...boys and girls BAD.

So by transitive property, it's a bad PHUCKING move by Phil.

It's ok to be wrong, you know.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  5:38 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Of course.

Following professional sports has taught me to reserve judgment until something plays out and not as first blush.

And that's been before my position, as stated here consistently, LONG before Rose and Noah ever occurred to any of us.

Believe I said the same about Derrick Williams at the time.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  5:40 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

What's NOT a gamble in the NBA?

Signing James, Durant, etc to the max?

Those aren't gambles.

What else isn't?

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/1/2016  5:42 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Of course.

Following professional sports has taught me to reserve judgment until something plays out and not as first blush.

And that's been before my position, as stated here consistently, LONG before Rose and Noah ever occurred to any of us.

well let me use this opp to say that I was very wrong about DWil ... I am sad that we had zero upside with that move though. Would have been great if phil had a team option on Dwil or lance or even galloway. No upside ... isn't this now the same issue with Rose? Only downside, no upside? Whats our upside that if he has a solid year, kp may get some playoff exp? Or that next your maybe the Evan Turners of the world will choose us for 30 million per?

so here is what phil is thinking ....
ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  5:45 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Of course.

Derrick Williams was a gamble by Phil as well. And that was basically a push.

This time Phil is gambling with about 50 mill of salary instead of 5 mill, 20 of which is house money (Rose). Let's see if he can win on all 3 hands. Odds are definitely against him.

ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  5:50 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Those aren't gambles.

What else isn't?

Gambling on the 2017 draft and 2017 free agent class.

It's like shoving into the pot with pocket Aces against pocket Kings on a rainbow flop. It's the right play.

Rose, Gordon, Melo, KP, Noah is like holding 7-2 off suit and hoping to catch runner runner against pocket Queens. It's a bad bet.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  6:00 PM
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Of course.

well let me use this opp to say that I was very wrong about DWil ...

And that's sports forums. 'Sure I was wrong last time, but undeterred this time.'

World's worst track records, and it doesn't seem to matter.

That's hubris.

I'm an accountability guy.

Only downside, no upside? Whats our upside that if he has a solid year, kp may get some playoff exp? Or that next your maybe the Evan Turners of the world will choose us for 30 million per?

Options. Rose like it in NY, wants to stay. Has a year that picking up a 28 year old is something to consider. Or may has enough of a a year that him being a B option is a possibility.

Either way, Westbrook and Paul are options, and a playoff team is a different animal than a non-playoff team.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  6:02 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Of course.

Derrick Williams was a gamble by Phil as well. And that was basically a push.

This time Phil is gambling with about 50 mill of salary instead of 5 mill, 20 of which is house money (Rose). Let's see if he can win on all 3 hands. Odds are definitely against him.

Yup, but he was dealt 16 and he has to play the hand. The odds weren't in his favor to start.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  6:07 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Those aren't gambles.

What else isn't?

It's like shoving into the pot with pocket Aces against pocket Kings on a rainbow flop. It's the right play.

Rose, Gordon, Melo, KP, Noah is like holding 7-2 off suit and hoping to catch runner runner against pocket Queens. It's a bad bet.

You're a fan of a aggressive player who likes to play hands and not sit out. You're never going to change that.

And the draft is as big if not more a gamble than Noah. Least we know he can play.

ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  6:14 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Those aren't gambles.

What else isn't?

You're a fan of a aggressive player who likes to play hands and not sit out. You're never going to change that.

And the draft is as big if not more a gamble than Noah. Least we know he can play.

The draft is a gamble, but next year less so than 2016. The 2017 promises to be of equal caliber or greater than the 2015 draft. Do a quick Google research and you'll see I'm right.

There's no Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingrams in next year's draft.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  6:16 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

Those aren't gambles.

What else isn't?

The draft is a gamble, but next year less so than 2016. The 2017 promises to be of equal caliber or greater than the 2015 draft. Do a quick Google research and you'll see I'm right.

There's no Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingrams in next year's draft.

I'll pay you the courtesy to assume you're right that the long odds of next year's draft are a little less long than the long odds of this year's draft.

Doesn't change a thing I said.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/1/2016  6:22 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Try-olling too hard.

i just said I would.

You're the worst

Phil to offer Noah 48mill over 3 years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy