Member: #3370

7/1/2016  12:52 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:i don't want to hear about the exploding cap.... nobody is putting a gun to the head of these teams to spend this money.

I'm in no way saying Ryan Anderson is worth $20, but you still fundamentally don't understand the CBA.

give that a rest

I will when you stop saying the rising cap has nothing to do with rising salaries.

it doesn't

Then I repeat you fundamentally don't understand the CBA.

nobody is forcing these teams to pay these guys these salaries.... so you don't have any common sense and you are a media slave and believe anything these talking heads tell you

Genuine question.

Do you know what the salary floor is?

If your answer is yes, can you explain what it is?

AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/1/2016  12:55 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Doozy of an offseason we're having, lol. I don't understand how this helps our floor spacing but at least Noah is a good facilitator from the pivot. Hopefully Willy-H can also ball...I suspect he'll have the opportunity for big minutes from Day-1 if these rumors are true.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/1/2016  12:56 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:i don't want to hear about the exploding cap.... nobody is putting a gun to the head of these teams to spend this money.

I'm in no way saying Ryan Anderson is worth $20, but you still fundamentally don't understand the CBA.

give that a rest

I will when you stop saying the rising cap has nothing to do with rising salaries.

it doesn't

nobody is forcing these teams to pay these guys these salaries.... so you don't have any common sense and you are a media slave and believe anything these talking heads tell you

Genuine question.

roughly 5.5k to 1.5 million minimum salary if that's what you are asking... which is what Mozgov should be getting not 16 mill

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

7/1/2016  12:57 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Genuine question.

roughly 5.5k to 1.5 million minimum salary if that's what you are asking... which is what Mozgov should be getting not 16 mill

I think that he should be a teacher

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0

7/1/2016  1:02 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Genuine question.

No, the salary floor is the component of the CBA that stipulates every team in the NBA HAS to spend 90% of the cap or $85m in salary this season, which will rise to about $99m next season.

Given the cap was just $70m last season, that means many teams in the NBA HAVE to raise their payroll by $15-30m dollars the next two offseasons.

That creates market forces (by design) which results in average salaries going up in even higher proportion than the rise in cap.

EnySpree

7/1/2016  1:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  1:08 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Genuine question.

No, the salary floor is the component of the CBA that stipulates every team in the NBA HAS to spend 90% of the cap or $85m in salary this season, which will rise to about $99m next season.

Given the cap was just $70m last season, that means many teams in the NBA HAVE to raise their payroll by $15-30m dollars the next two offseasons.

That creates market forces (by design) which results in average salaries going up in even higher proportion than the rise in cap.

again you can keep repeating that and it doesn't make you any smarter.... you sound like an idiot. NBA teams have to raise their paroll yes.... does that mean they should over pay bums to get there? No it does not.... teams should use the money to sign better players to add to their teams....instead they use the money to more than likely force anther lockout in the next 3-5 years

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime

7/1/2016  1:17 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Genuine question.

again you can keep repeating that and it doesn't make you any smarter....

No, it does not. I'm not trying to sound smart. I'm trying to explain something extremely basic to someone who not onoy doesn;t understand it, but worse, doesn't want to.

NBA teams have to raise their paroll yes.... does that mean they should over pay bums to get there? No it does not.... teams should use the money to sign better players to add to their teams...

Okay, the CBA requires that this year alone the NBA raise payroll by 35%.

Only between 1/4 and 1/3 of NBA players will be free agents this offseason.

So how do teams make up 35% by keeping salaries conservative?

Where does that hundreds of millions of required increased payroll come from?

EnySpree

7/1/2016  1:33 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Genuine question.

again you can keep repeating that and it doesn't make you any smarter....

No, it does not. I'm not trying to sound smart. I'm trying to explain something extremely basic to someone who not onoy doesn;t understand it, but worse, doesn't want to.

NBA teams have to raise their paroll yes.... does that mean they should over pay bums to get there? No it does not.... teams should use the money to sign better players to add to their teams...

Okay, the CBA requires that this year alone the NBA raise payroll by 35%.

Only between 1/4 and 1/3 of NBA players will be free agents this offseason.

So how do teams make up 35% by keeping salaries conservative?

Where does that hundreds of millions of required increased payroll come from?

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

7/1/2016  2:11 AM
If he stays healthy and starts making free throws again, then it's a good deal
tj23
Member: #3119

7/1/2016  4:51 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

It's about a 60% jump in cap I believe(including next year)so that's still equivalent of Andersom getting 12M under the old cap. Too high still if you ask me but he can be a good scorer.
tj23
Member: #3119

7/1/2016  4:52 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Then there would be another lockout..

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
7/1/2016  5:45 AM
tj23 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

I've stopped discussing anything with that fool months ago. The cap cap risen, the teams has ve to pay. Someone will be making that money and the max salaries are locked at %'s, and every team wont be able to sign those. So yes, bad deal are about to abound in a lot of places.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/1/2016  7:08 AM
Hopefully he can turn back the clock to 2013-14.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  7:17 AM
This thread should be locked as it'll mislead all the Knicks fans.

The latest numbers are 4 years $72m. All years guaranteed. With Mozgov verbal with Lakers, Phil will be backed into corner and concede to Noah's reps.

Basically we're phucked for 4 years.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/1/2016  2:16 PM
tj23 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

I guarantee there will be a lockout
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/1/2016  2:50 PM
I sure hope this is true and if it is that Noah accepts this deal which will be a big help for us to get a legit SG and some pieces on the bench with a good 6th man.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/1/2016  2:55 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
an NBA source said Noah has not ruled out meeting with other teams.

Of course not but its nice to see Phil has a limit and Noah is already recruiting other players

Other players? What are we getting for 14 million? Im not even sure we get an average starter for that. Even if we do we would have the worst bench in the NBA

A two year deal with third not guaranteed is about the best we can hope for. 16MM will leave us some money, we can still go over the cap to re-sign some of our bench from last year, We do have Willy and Mason Plumlee now and KP can play some 5 - we should be ok with limited minutes for Noah

I wish we had Mason Plumlee but we don't cause we have Marshall Plumlee.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  3:38 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:This thread should be locked as it'll mislead all the Knicks fans.

The latest numbers are 4 years $72m. All years guaranteed. With Mozgov verbal with Lakers, Phil will be backed into corner and concede to Noah's reps.

Try-olling too hard.

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  3:38 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
tj23 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

I guarantee there will be a lockout

I'll take that bet.

Much more likely there's a strike.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  3:41 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:This thread should be locked as it'll mislead all the Knicks fans.

Try-olling too hard.

LOL Try-olling, hilarious stuff.

What specifically about 4 years guaranteed of declining Noah is a good thing for this franchise?

Phil to offer Noah 48mill over 3 years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy