[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil to offer Noah 48mill over 3 years
Author Thread
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
6/30/2016  10:52 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Wow...not bad. A little more than the $15M/ which was my top, but the 3rd year partial guarantee might make it less than I expected.

If this is the deal, I expect Noah might be giving us a Rose/Melo discount, and it also indicates that we are going to be resigning Rose- probably for another 2 years if he is healthy.

Anthony's deal ends in 3 years, Noah's might end in 3 years, and I can't believe that Rose won't be getting some additional years if everything works out perfectly.

3 yrs to build a championship team since 1973. Then we start all over and star phuck again.... Meanwhile we keep searching for gems in the draft.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

6/30/2016  11:05 PM
3 yrs with the 3rd non guaranteed....then i LOVE THAT DEAL
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/30/2016  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  11:14 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
an NBA source said Noah has not ruled out meeting with other teams.

Of course not but its nice to see Phil has a limit and Noah is already recruiting other players

Other players? What are we getting for 14 million? Im not even sure we get an average starter for that. Even if we do we would have the worst bench in the NBA

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2016  11:21 PM
Saw this quote from Noah on realgm about DRose.
"We're a group that's gone through a lot," Noah said. "And it's just, looking at it as a teammate, it's just frustrating because I feel like he's sometimes portrayed as something that he's not. You don't come back from the injuries that he's coming back from without unbelievable commitment, you know what I'm saying?

"I'm just growing and just watching the power that you [media] guys have, sometimes it's just you guys can really portray somebody as something that he's not," he continued. "It's just that, to me, that's a little disappointing. Just because I know how much he cares about this game. I see it every day. I think we're all in this together and this is not a one-man team, but at the end of the day, we need him. We need him.

"I just, I don't want to see him down. I know sometimes it's frustrating, you got injuries, you got tweaks. Every time something happens to him, people act like it's the end of the world. And that's f---ing so lame to me. Relax. Like, OK, he's coming back from two crazy surgeries. Obviously we're being conservative with him, and when things aren't going right, he's got to listen to his body more than anybody. So everybody needs to chill the f--- out. I mean, I'm sorry for cursing, but I'm really passionate. I don't like to see him down. And he doesn't say that he's down, but I don't like it when, like, people portray him and judge him. ‘Cause it's not fair to him. It's not.

"We're going to be just fine. We're going to be just fine. We just got to take it as — just, everybody needs to chill out. Chill out."

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/30/2016  11:27 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
an NBA source said Noah has not ruled out meeting with other teams.

Of course not but its nice to see Phil has a limit and Noah is already recruiting other players

Other players? What are we getting for 14 million? Im not even sure we get an average starter for that. Even if we do we would have the worst bench in the NBA

A two year deal with third not guaranteed is about the best we can hope for. 16MM will leave us some money, we can still go over the cap to re-sign some of our bench from last year, We do have Willy and Mason Plumlee now and KP can play some 5 - we should be ok with limited minutes for Noah

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/30/2016  11:32 PM
i can definitely live with 3yr/48mil. the whole 18mil/yr over 4 years was a very scary thought. if noah is healthy, this is a sweetheart deal.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/30/2016  11:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  11:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Saw this quote from Noah on realgm about DRose.
"We're a group that's gone through a lot," Noah said. "And it's just, looking at it as a teammate, it's just frustrating because I feel like he's sometimes portrayed as something that he's not. You don't come back from the injuries that he's coming back from without unbelievable commitment, you know what I'm saying?

"I'm just growing and just watching the power that you [media] guys have, sometimes it's just you guys can really portray somebody as something that he's not," he continued. "It's just that, to me, that's a little disappointing. Just because I know how much he cares about this game. I see it every day. I think we're all in this together and this is not a one-man team, but at the end of the day, we need him. We need him.

"I just, I don't want to see him down. I know sometimes it's frustrating, you got injuries, you got tweaks. Every time something happens to him, people act like it's the end of the world. And that's f---ing so lame to me. Relax. Like, OK, he's coming back from two crazy surgeries. Obviously we're being conservative with him, and when things aren't going right, he's got to listen to his body more than anybody. So everybody needs to chill the f--- out. I mean, I'm sorry for cursing, but I'm really passionate. I don't like to see him down. And he doesn't say that he's down, but I don't like it when, like, people portray him and judge him. ‘Cause it's not fair to him. It's not.

"We're going to be just fine. We're going to be just fine. We just got to take it as — just, everybody needs to chill out. Chill out."

that's the guy we could be getting.... he gives a damn and thats a winning attitude. He's a sore loser. He wants to win. You don't have to force him to play hard. He is a prideful player that cares about the game.... thats Who Joakim Noah is.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2016  11:35 PM
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/30/2016  11:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

thats insane. that tells you how wild these contracts are going to be. not only is anderson a role player, he's a role player that can't stay on the court. insane.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
EnySpree

6/30/2016  11:43 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

thats insane. that tells you how wild these contracts are going to be. not only is Anderson a role player, he's a role player that can't stay on the court. insane.

this is that bull****.... losing teams do this type of thing. Ryan Anderson is not a franchise player. You don't pay a guy this much money unless you plan to build off of them.... Ryan Anderson is not that guy.... i don't want to hear about the exploding cap.... nobody is putting a gun to the head of these teams to spend this money. There is no stipulation saying Ryan Anderson can only make a certain amount. These GM's are ruining the league with poor management decisions

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/1/2016  12:04 AM
EnySpree wrote:i don't want to hear about the exploding cap.... nobody is putting a gun to the head of these teams to spend this money.

I'm in no way saying Ryan Anderson is worth $20, but you still fundamentally don't understand the CBA.

CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2016  12:08 AM
Four years 70 mil.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2016  12:09 AM
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/1/2016  12:30 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

EnySpree

7/1/2016  12:39 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:i don't want to hear about the exploding cap.... nobody is putting a gun to the head of these teams to spend this money.

I'm in no way saying Ryan Anderson is worth $20, but you still fundamentally don't understand the CBA.

give that a rest

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  12:40 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

I will when you stop saying the rising cap has nothing to do with rising salaries.

EnySpree

7/1/2016  12:42 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

I will when you stop saying the rising cap has nothing to do with rising salaries.

it doesn't

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  12:44 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Then I repeat you fundamentally don't understand the CBA.

EnySpree

7/1/2016  12:49 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

give that a rest

it doesn't

Then I repeat you fundamentally don't understand the CBA.

nobody is forcing these teams to pay these guys these salaries.... so you don't have any common sense and you are a media slave and believe anything these talking heads tell you

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/1/2016  12:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  12:51 AM
Don't worry about Phil throwing in a no trade clause. This pile of trash contract won't be tradeable anyway.

Get used to the phrase "once the Noah contract comes off the cap the Knicks will have space to make a run at the 2020 free agent class"

Phil to offer Noah 48mill over 3 years

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy