Who wants to bet KP and two number 1s get traded
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/2/2016  8:13 AM
franco12 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Next season for Durant

Briggs - when you first posted this, I didn't even read it because I thought it was crazy.

But after apparently agreeing to sign Noah at his age and injury history to 4 years, $72m, then this is a completely reasonable fear.

If we see any sophomore growing pains from KP, I absolutely believe our brain trust farts will consider moving him for a star player on an ending deal because that team is afraid to lose him for nothing- think OKC and Westbrook.

Maybe the package becomes KP & Rose.

And then this franchise is looking at another 15 years of suckitude.

I have very low expectations for this squad. We got 2 older players that have been hurt and have a history of bad advance stats. If we had the Phoenix medical staff, maybe there would be reason to hope.

If I am wrong, great. But I see my fandom being killed every day by this franchise.

I can't see 1 fan who has watched this mess for 15 years running wouldn't be wary of anything the owner might do. If we are 20-27 kp is not fitting in as well as thought possibly shooting sub40 and Durant is on a 1 year deal with okc and he becomes available to the high bidder we will see exactly how much the impossible truly is impossible. Now it would take the right storm the right scenario but anyone doesn't think this is an avenue think again. If I can recall fans were pretty high on danillo gallinari too

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/2/2016  8:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2016  8:17 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Briggs - when you first posted this, I didn't even read it because I thought it was crazy.

But after apparently agreeing to sign Noah at his age and injury history to 4 years, $72m, then this is a completely reasonable fear.

If we see any sophomore growing pains from KP, I absolutely believe our brain trust farts will consider moving him for a star player on an ending deal because that team is afraid to lose him for nothing- think OKC and Westbrook.

I have very low expectations for this squad. We got 2 older players that have been hurt and have a history of bad advance stats. If we had the Phoenix medical staff, maybe there would be reason to hope.

If I am wrong, great. But I see my fandom being killed every day by this franchise.

I can't see 1 fan who has watched this mess for 15 years running wouldn't be wary of anything the owner might do. If we are 20-27 kp is not fitting in as well as thought possibly shooting sub40 and Durant is on a 1 year deal with okc and he becomes available to the high bidder we will see exactly how much the impossible truly is impossible. Now it would take the right storm the right scenario but anyone doesn't think this is an avenue think again. If I can recall fans were pretty high on danillo gallinari too

I don't think it's as far fetched as others are saying that the team trades KP in a starphuck. The way you worded the thread by listing something so specific and with such certainty is why people aren't taking it seriously. I would have gone along if you just said something like: "The organization is still starphucking. They might even trade KP."
BRIGGS
7/2/2016  10:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2016  10:27 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I don't think it's as far fetched as others are saying that the team trades KP in a starphuck. The way you worded the thread by listing something so specific and with such certainty is why people aren't taking it seriously. I would have gone along if you just said something like: "The organization is still starphucking. They might even trade KP."

I dont trust these people--thats the headline. People have short short memories. Danilo was a good young player we thought wed build the franchise around as well. And he went WITH Chandler Mosgov and two picks--the model and history is all there. Durant is WAY better than Carmelo as well.

RIP Crushalot😞
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/2/2016  10:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I dont trust these people--thats the headline. People have short short memories. Danilo was a good young player we thought wed build the franchise around as well. And he went WITH Chandler Mosgov and two picks--the model and history is all there. Durant is WAY better than Carmelo as well.

Yes, I agree with your general comments. People in this thread are missing the general comment about giving up youth in starphucks and getting lost in the specifics you mentioned.
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/2/2016  11:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I can't see 1 fan who has watched this mess for 15 years running wouldn't be wary of anything the owner might do.

Then you can't read. Several fans in this thread have took you at your word and accepted your invitation.

Now it would take the right storm the right scenario but anyone doesn't think this is an avenue think again.

Okay.

Done.

I still accept your wager at whatever terms you want to name. And I'm still offering 50 to 1 odds.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/2/2016  11:27 AM
KP is going to be better than durant, even durant acknowledges that for the most part.
ES
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/2/2016  11:48 AM
knicks1248 wrote:KP is going to be better than durant, even durant acknowledges that for the most part.

"But to add a talent like Durant you have to give up value. We just felt with Carmelo and Nozh that we were just one piece away from making the play offs and then once you're in, its a new season and with the vets we have, no reason we can't make it to the NBA Finals!"

franco12
USA
7/2/2016  11:50 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

If they trade KP, I think I'll be done being a fan. I'll start watching Brooklyn and rooting there. I'll still come here for the banter and personality, but I'll have a hard time investing emotional energy into this franchise.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

7/2/2016  12:02 PM

Stick to draft analysis, BRIGGS. Fortune telling and odds making are not your thing.

I'll happily take your bet. Not gwine happen.

Knickoftime

7/2/2016  12:03 PM
Moonangie wrote:

Stick to draft analysis, BRIGGS. Fortune telling and odds making are not your thing.

Well, that's problematic.

Fortune telling and odds making is exactly what draft analysis is.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/2/2016  12:04 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

So it sounds like you're hedging here, Briggs.

People are willing to take the bet, so if you're that sure, lets do the paperwork.

I was a big fan of Gallinari, and believe he would have been an All-Star quality player without his injury issues, but Porzingis is the superior player by far, and he's only scratched his potential at this point in his career.

Got to show folks the money, Briggs.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/2/2016  12:08 PM
If they trade KP, I will switch to whatever team he is traded to. I hope I am going to see KP become a huge player for us in the future, But if they move him in another dumb starfukk then it's over for me.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BRIGGS
7/2/2016  12:10 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

People are willing to take the bet, so if you're that sure, lets do the paperwork.

I was a big fan of Gallinari, and believe he would have been an All-Star quality player without his injury issues, but Porzingis is the superior player by far, and he's only scratched his potential at this point in his career.

With James Dolan--there has been one business model used time over--trade youth for name. Lets let KP develop into a great player first. I love him but he does have a physique that can potentially run into real problems and he does not have the same athletic fluidity or body control of a Durant. If he struggles in year 2 and we are under performing--the same thing happened to DG.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

7/2/2016  12:11 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

With James Dolan--there has been one business model used time over--trade youth for name. Lets let KP develop into a great player first. I love him but he does have a physique that can potentially run into real problems and he does not have the same athletic fluidity or body control of a Durant. If he struggles in year 2 and we are under performing--the same thing happened to DG.

So 50-1 odds. Why aren't you accepting the bet you solicited?

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/4/2016  12:25 PM
Time to pay up briggs!
franco12
USA
7/4/2016  12:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Rose & KP for Westbrook. I'm betting that happens.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/4/2016  12:35 PM
smackeddog wrote:Time to pay up briggs!

Figured someone would reopen this thread.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime

7/4/2016  1:22 PM
franco12 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Rose & KP for Westbrook. I'm betting that happens.

How much are you betting? Whatever the figure, consider the bet made. Just let me know.

WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
7/4/2016  4:57 PM
That was the old knicks mgmt ideas.... This knicks mgmt team led by Phil has a different philosophy in building a championship team and trading Kp and your future 1st rounders is not an option.. Going forward, Phil will be keeping his draft picks ...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
franco12
USA
7/4/2016  5:23 PM
WOODMANnYk wrote:That was the old knicks mgmt ideas.... This knicks mgmt team led by Phil has a different philosophy in building a championship team and trading Kp and your future 1st rounders is not an option.. Going forward, Phil will be keeping his draft picks ...

How can you be so sure? We've gone all in. I absolutely could see us trading KP & Rose for Westbrook if KP has a slow start and we're otherwise healthy and looking like a 500 team.

I hope not, and I'd like to think Phil absolutely values keeping our picks, regardless of the potential opportunity.

But Phil has rolled the dice, and he is saying the window is now.

Who wants to bet KP and two number 1s get traded

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy