[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Free Agency Thread: Vertical is doing a live free agency show starting at 11:30 tonight
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

7/11/2016  12:19 PM
smackeddog wrote:Nearly all the FAs have signed, only ones of note that are left are:

SF/PF- Anthony Bennett
SF- Quincy Acy
PF/C- David Lee
PF- Jordan Hill
PF- Novak

SG- Alan Anderson
SG- Wayne Ellington
SG- PJ Hairston
SG- Gerald Green
SG- Kevin Martin
SG- Gary Neal
SG- Dion Waiters

PG- Aaorn Brooks

PG- Shane Larkin
PG- Ty Lawson

I'd be interested in David Lee, Anthony Bennett, Novak and also Gary Neal.

Thomas Robinson, Terrance Jones, Brandon Bass, and Kris Humphries is still out there

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/11/2016  12:23 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Nearly all the FAs have signed, only ones of note that are left are:

SF/PF- Anthony Bennett
SF- Quincy Acy
PF/C- David Lee
PF- Jordan Hill
PF- Novak

SG- Alan Anderson
SG- Wayne Ellington
SG- PJ Hairston
SG- Gerald Green
SG- Kevin Martin
SG- Gary Neal
SG- Dion Waiters

PG- Aaorn Brooks

PG- Shane Larkin
PG- Ty Lawson

Thomas Robinson, Terrance Jones, Brandon Bass, and Kris Humphries is still out there

Some of these guys are going to get paid... Nets now/still have a TON of money...Bennett and Waiters makes some sense for them.

yellowboy90

7/11/2016  1:11 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

SF/PF- Anthony Bennett
SF- Quincy Acy
PF/C- David Lee
PF- Jordan Hill
PF- Novak

SG- Alan Anderson
SG- Wayne Ellington
SG- PJ Hairston
SG- Gerald Green
SG- Kevin Martin
SG- Gary Neal
SG- Dion Waiters

PG- Aaorn Brooks

PG- Shane Larkin
PG- Ty Lawson

Some of these guys are going to get paid... Nets now/still have a TON of money...Bennett and Waiters makes some sense for them.

I forgot to add Sullenger, Moe Harkless, and Tyler Zeller. If I was the Nets I would go after Moe, Zeller, and Jones. Tyler and Moe are restricted but why not take another chance considering that Portland has 102m locked up in salary over the next two years not counting what they do next year with Plumlee and McCollom. Boston is a bigger risk because they could use another back up but they have Olynk to handle that. So there is hope they the nets could win this restricted lottery.

Zeller, Harkless, and Terrance Jones would be a nice back up plan imho.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/12/2016  2:12 PM
Boban to the Pistons!

¿ △ ?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/14/2016  3:05 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/14/2016  5:53 PM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/14/2016  6:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2016  6:05 PM

Somewhere, Briggs sheds a tear.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/14/2016  6:12 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/14/2016  7:19 PM
Nets signed Bennett and Foye. Four might get them an asset at the deadline.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

7/15/2016  12:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2016  12:34 AM

philly.com
Report: Sixers came close to signing Ginobili
by Keith Pompey, STAFF WRITER Twitter icon @PompeyOnSixers

LAS VEGAS - The 76ers came close to signing Manu Ginobili in free agency, according to Yahoo Sports.

The website reported that Ginobili ultimately re-signed with the San Antonio Spurs for a one-year, $14 million deal. However, the Spurs were originally offering him a one-year, $3 million deal.

They were forced to offer more money after the Sixers offered Ginobili a two-year guaranteed deal, Yahoo said. The first year was for between $16 million and $17 million, according to the report.

The website added that Ginobili, who will turn 39 later this month, was strongly considering the Sixers’ offer. The two-time all-star and four-time NBA champion has played his entire 14-year NBA career with the Spurs.

Follow and contact 76ers beat writer Keith Pompey on Twitter @PompeyOnSixers and on Instagram at PompeyOnSixers

Published: July 14, 2016 — 8:04 PM EDT | Updated: July 14, 2016 — 8:34 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Inquirer

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/15/2016  4:09 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

If Woods is going to earn significant playing time in Charlotte -- he will have to beat out another Briggs all-time LEGEND.

Mr. Frank Kaminsky.

yellowboy90

7/15/2016  4:47 PM
Terrance Jones signed a vet min deal to play with the Pelicans. Wow, he needs to stay healthy.
WaltLongmire

7/15/2016  7:53 PM
WaltLongmire

7/15/2016  8:06 PM

Self-love in one of its stranger versions.

WaltLongmire

7/16/2016  11:47 PM
WaltLongmire

7/16/2016  11:52 PM
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/16/2016  11:57 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Stan is doing a lot right in Detroit. I hope Jeff gets the chance with a franchise.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/17/2016  2:42 AM
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah that's a little disappointing and here's why. I think he represented high draft pick value in a draft where we simply had no pick. He has post skills and really showed he could handle the ball well for 6-11 with ability out to 3. I cant sit here and say 1 player in SL his age played better(Ingram Simmons none of them) than he did and the post player we gave 2 years to is 4 years older and simply not in the same stratosphere of talent. We also gave 2 years to Ndour who didnt earn floor time his last two years with the Mavericks or Real Madrid. And if anyone watched it wasnt just a guy who got hot for a few games one one end. It was a guy under pressure who was given limited playing time who excelled anyway on both end so the floor. I think in the future we may look back with some regret.

RIP Crushalot😞
WaltLongmire

7/17/2016  10:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2016  10:43 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yeah that's a little disappointing and here's why. I think he represented high draft pick value in a draft where we simply had no pick. He has post skills and really showed he could handle the ball well for 6-11 with ability out to 3. I cant sit here and say 1 player in SL his age played better(Ingram Simmons none of them) than he did and the post player we gave 2 years to is 4 years older and simply not in the same stratosphere of talent. We also gave 2 years to Ndour who didnt earn floor time his last two years with the Mavericks or Real Madrid. And if anyone watched it wasnt just a guy who got hot for a few games one one end. It was a guy under pressure who was given limited playing time who excelled anyway on both end so the floor. I think in the future we may look back with some regret.

Briggs...Ndour got hurt with Dallas during their training camp...which was his rookie year, so there is no "last two years" to be discussed. I can't even remember what, or how serious, his injury was last year, so it is harder to evaluate him. He came to Real Madrid later in their season, I think, so I assume that there was a recovery/rehab matter that kept him from playing the entire year.

Wood showed some stuff in SL, but he was also playing a background role in a pretty unstructured offense from what I could see, which basically revolved around Simmons or McConnell dribbling and passing off.

The question about Wood has always been his BB IQ and how he fits into a team's offense and defense- and that issue was not really settled from what I saw in SL. I actually saw him make some pretty dumb and selfish plays in SL that ended in baskets for him...but I look at the play and the intent, and not the result.

Also saw him make some spectacular plays, and it looks like he's bulked up a little. I commented that I might have given him a look...but we know that Jackson and company knew about him and they chose to pass.

Also have to say that with all the money being thrown around, Wood was only offered a minor contract from the Hornets- many other teams passed on him, and he would not have cost them much.

One other issue...the incident with him and OK4 last year. Don't think that teams don't see a red flag, there.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/17/2016  12:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Briggs...Ndour got hurt with Dallas during their training camp...which was his rookie year, so there is no "last two years" to be discussed. I can't even remember what, or how serious, his injury was last year, so it is harder to evaluate him. He came to Real Madrid later in their season, I think, so I assume that there was a recovery/rehab matter that kept him from playing the entire year.

Wood showed some stuff in SL, but he was also playing a background role in a pretty unstructured offense from what I could see, which basically revolved around Simmons or McConnell dribbling and passing off.

The question about Wood has always been his BB IQ and how he fits into a team's offense and defense- and that issue was not really settled from what I saw in SL. I actually saw him make some pretty dumb and selfish plays in SL that ended in baskets for him...but I look at the play and the intent, and not the result.

Also saw him make some spectacular plays, and it looks like he's bulked up a little. I commented that I might have given him a look...but we know that Jackson and company knew about him and they chose to pass.

Also have to say that with all the money being thrown around, Wood was only offered a minor contract from the Hornets- many other teams passed on him, and he would not have cost them much.

One other issue...the incident with him and OK4 last year. Don't think that teams don't see a red flag, there.

I think it showed a lot of maturity at 19 to really focus in--put required weight on expand your skills and work hard on both ends of the floor. I think he represented very high value as a 13-15 roster spot and there is NO doubt in my mind if he stays on course--he will be a top 5 rotation player(NBA starter)in the next 3 years. I dont think that way about Marshall Plumlee.

RIP Crushalot😞
Free Agency Thread: Vertical is doing a live free agency show starting at 11:30 tonight

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy