The case for Eric Gordon...
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/1/2016  5:22 AM
From Reddit, his injury history:

2008:

1) injured his hamstring July 12 after 2 Summer League games.

missed the rest of summer league due to a strained left hamstring.
2009:

no injury
2010:

2) sprained wrist with a bone chip fracture.

missed 18 games
3) re-aggravated his sprained wrist the second game back

missed 6 games. Forced to wear wristband rest of season
2011:

4) Gordon gets found to have a pre-existing knee injury that he aggravated during the opening game. (Bumped knees with Grant Hill somewhat coincidentally)

Out 6 weeks due to cartilage damage in his right knee

finished the season with 9 games played

2012:

5) Gordon admitted that he faced lingering problems with his knee.

Misses first 6 weeks due to rehab on knee
2013:

6) March 21, 2014, Gordon left the game in the first quarter against the Hawks. It was later ruled he had knee tendinitis.

April 10 it was ruled that Gordon will have arthroscopic surgery performed on his left knee (different one than before), which brought his season to a close
2014:

7) After playing the first 12 games of the season, Gordon was ruled out indefinitely with a left shoulder injury

MRI revealed a torn labrum. Missed 21 games
2015:

8) January 19, 2016, he sustained a hand injury against the Timberwolves.

A fractured bone in the ring finger of his shooting hand was found. Underwent surgery, missed 6 weeks.
9) re-injuring his right ring finger on March 5.

underwent another round of surgery, which ruled him out for the rest of the season.

https://m.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4lbzbq/eric_gordons_extensive_injury_history_since/

On top of Rose and Noah, this is madness!

AUTOADVERT
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

7/1/2016  5:35 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  5:37 AM
Hand and arm injuries are flukes. People recover okay from them. Remember Chris Webber had one early on, Kevin Love more recently. So, this gives some hope with Noah.
Knees and tendinitis are a scarier matter however (along with back hernias and torn Achilleses). Wasnt knee tendinitis a reason for the early decline of Allan Houston?
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/1/2016  5:40 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Hand and arm injuries are flukes. People recover okay from them. Remember Chris Webber had one early on, Kevin Love more recently. So, this gives some hope with Noah.
Knees and tendinitis are a scarier matter however (along with back hernias and torn Achilleses). Wasnt knee tendinitis a reason for the early decline of Allan Houston?

Houston had micro-fracture surgeries that weren't reported at the time. I very much suspect Noah had micro fracture surgery on his knee the last year or two as he had an unspecified operation that he said would take all year to recover from.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

7/1/2016  6:05 AM
That sucks. I hope the Knicks do their DD and not throw money at a center with gimpy knees.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/1/2016  6:30 AM
smackeddog wrote:I very much suspect Noah had micro fracture surgery on his knee the last year or two as he had an unspecified operation that he said would take all year to recover from.
Do you have a source or is this just your opinion without any basis for it?
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/1/2016  6:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  6:36 AM
People talk about Rose and Noah always being injured, Gordon is truly "always injured." Hurt every season except his rookie year. If he's willing to take a low ball/short term deal and come off the bench I may roll the dice on him. Otherwise I would pass. I would rather have Courtney Lee if they're going to cost the same money.

But the way these GM are throwing money around, Gordon will probably get an overpriced offer like everyone else.

tj23
Member: #3119

7/1/2016  7:17 AM
smackeddog wrote:From Reddit, his injury history:

2008:

2009:

no injury
2010:

missed 18 games

2011:

4) Gordon gets found to have a pre-existing knee injury that he aggravated during the opening game. (Bumped knees with Grant Hill somewhat coincidentally)

2012:

2013:

6) March 21, 2014, Gordon left the game in the first quarter against the Hawks. It was later ruled he had knee tendinitis.

April 10 it was ruled that Gordon will have arthroscopic surgery performed on his left knee (different one than before), which brought his season to a close
2014:

7) After playing the first 12 games of the season, Gordon was ruled out indefinitely with a left shoulder injury

2015:

A fractured bone in the ring finger of his shooting hand was found. Underwent surgery, missed 6 weeks.

underwent another round of surgery, which ruled him out for the rest of the season.

https://m.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4lbzbq/eric_gordons_extensive_injury_history_since/

Dude needs to up his calcium intake or something wtf lol

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/1/2016  7:27 AM
tj23 wrote:

2008:

2009:

no injury
2010:

missed 18 games

2011:

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:

Dude needs to up his calcium intake or something wtf lol

LMAO. i was thinking "drink some milk, dude" when i saw your post.

This is the Randle.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  8:34 AM
ARGH, now we're pivoting from mediocre but relatively healthy Courtney Lee to this bag of glass...

The big 3 of Rose, Noah, and Gordon.

The hits keep coming from Phil!

Krylon
Member: #6311

7/1/2016  9:38 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:ARGH, now we're pivoting from mediocre but relatively healthy Courtney Lee to this bag of glass...

What's the over/under on how many threads you're gonna post this in?

ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  9:43 AM
Krylon wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:ARGH, now we're pivoting from mediocre but relatively healthy Courtney Lee to this bag of glass...

What's the over/under on how many threads you're gonna post this in?

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

7/1/2016  9:59 AM

Seriously, WTH kind of strategy is this?? I can understand the Rose trade (no-brainer in fact) but that's big money for Noah who's older with injury concerns and now you wanna add Eric Gordon to the mix at big money too? Wow.. I don't think I've ever seen any team actively look to assemble so many often-injured players together at once, one right after the other like this. I thought I read yesterday Hornacek saying one of the factors they were weighing with these FAs is whether or not they can stay healthy? And why the sudden move away from Lee? You think Lee asked for way too much money last night? Also, sounds like we're letting D-Rose have A LOT of input in everything we do. Is that a good thing?

Still can't believe they have no interest in Solomon Hill. I like him so much better than Courtney Lee or Eric Gordon. Maybe they don't think he could play the 2 -- I do though. 6'7" 225, strong/tough as nails, developed into a good shooter, plays good D (a great guy to put on a LeBron, a Paul George), deceptively skilled in the halfcourt, can get out and run the floor, younger than these other options...He could also absorb some of Derrick Williams' minutes at backup 3. Supposedly, Utah's done their homework on him and is very interested. I read Hill's got meetings set up with 4 teams with the possibility of more on the way. Please Phil, talk to him!!

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2016  10:04 AM
Unless it is for a 2 year deal...I don't want any part of Eric Gordon. Risks are just too high.
ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  10:08 AM
Finestrg wrote:

Seriously, WTH kind of strategy is this?? I can understand the Rose trade (no-brainer in fact) but that's big money for Noah who's older with injury concerns and now you wanna add Eric Gordon to the mix at big money too? Wow.. I don't think I've ever seen any team actively look to assemble so many often-injured players together at once, one right after the other like this. I thought I read yesterday Hornacek saying one of the factors they were weighing with these FAs is whether or not they can stay healthy? And why the sudden move away from Lee? You think Lee asked for way too much money last night? Also, sounds like we're letting D-Rose have A LOT of input in everything we do. Is that a good thing?

Still can't believe they have no interest in Solomon Hill. I like him so much better than Courtney Lee or Eric Gordon. Maybe they don't think he could play the 2 -- I do though. 6'7" 225, strong/tough as nails, developed into a good shooter, plays good D (a great guy to put on a LeBron, a Paul George), deceptively skilled in the halfcourt, can get out and run the floor, younger than these other options...He could also absorb some of Derrick Williams' minutes at backup 3. Supposedly, Utah's done their homework on him and is very interested. I read Hill's got meetings set up with 4 teams with the possibility of more on the way. Please Phil, talk to him!!

It's call self sabotage. Phil's an expert of this with his shroom and LSD taking. Knicks have no one to blame, but theirselves for these bad contracts that are about to come.

We, as fans, will suffer for it.

wargames
Member: #6053

7/1/2016  10:16 AM
I could understand Noah and Rose..... but Eric Fukcing Gordan...... WTF, he's never been healthy, like NEVER
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/1/2016  10:22 AM
funny how Brandon Jennings is going to try out for the Nets- why don't we just outright max him out already?
wargames
Member: #6053

7/1/2016  10:32 AM
There is no case for Eric Gordon unless he signed for 1 year and the goal was to move the cap space to 2017.......
The algorithm gives and the algorithm takes away
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/1/2016  10:36 AM
Noah's knee surgery included removal of torn cartilage. His shoulder was to repair the labrum so he wouldn't get dislocations so easily. In the end there is risk of degeneration over time but that doesn't mean it will happen this season or even next. You just don't know. Noah could be just fine the rest of the way. The team will look to try not to overwork him and keep proper therapy and treatment to preserve joint health. Keep his minutes within reason.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/1/2016  10:40 AM

2008:

2009:

no injury
2010:

missed 18 games

2011:

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:

Phil putting together the "ALL NBA INJURED TEAM"

ES
ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  10:45 AM
knicks1248 wrote:

2008:

2009:

no injury
2010:

missed 18 games

2011:

2012:

2013:

2014:

2015:

Phil putting together the "ALL NBA INJURED TEAM"

Your 2016 New York Knicks!

The case for Eric Gordon...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy