[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Courtney Lee and his potential salary
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2016  1:52 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I like the Noah signing good vocal vet leader nice guy to teach KP how to be a pros pro.

But Lee for 14 mil would be silly , 5 mil ok but he is not a starter in this league.

Would rather offer shved 5 mil money to come back. And sign Jamal Crawford as our six man

Shved can also play pg

Noah,???
KP,dwill
Melo,lance,early
Shved,craw,holiday
Rose,shved

Also Jordan clarkson anyone

I agree. This might be like the rumor that the knicks were a lock to get Monroe and Afflalo last year. The guy that wanted unreasonable money and an unreasonable deal is another team's problem now. I like a guy like Thornton for a very reasonable deal to pair with Holiday and Gallo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/30/2016  8:36 AM
reub wrote:Some of you guys probably stopped going to the movies because it's not $5 any more. You have to live in the real world!

Not the same thing silly goose.

If the car that I want on Kelly blue book is estimated at 10k... a dealer wants 12k... but my best friends grandma has the same car for sale for 5k that she drives to church on Sunday and on bingo night on weds... I'm going to buy the 5k car. I'm not gonna say hey grandma the estimate value is 10k and you can push for 12-15k Cuz of the market...

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/30/2016  8:40 AM
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I'd do $12M for Courtney Lee. We need guard depth.

holy geeeeeeeeeeeez!

It's a 94m cap. That's pretty equivalent to Afflalo's $8m

Afflalo averaged 18pts a game one year... Courtney Lee had never gotten close to that. Affalo making 8 mill is his max. Courtney Lee should not be making close to that

I think you're missing the point which is that nobody is saying he's worth that much but with the cap rise he's going to get somewhere around that much no matter what anyone thinks. I saw something today that Austin Rivers wants $8 mil per and he's never been anything more then a backup PG and that was only when he got on the Clippers with daddy cause he wasn't even making any team before that.

I want Rihanna to blow me. Doesn't mean that will ever happen. We can't be a part of that fools market.

It's not a fool's market - it's the new reality. The cap is almost double what it was a mere three years ago.

Also, it means something to me that Noah is recruiting Lee. It means they like each other and it means we'll have good team chemistry. (And please don't say that means either of them should give us a discount, that's BS - would you take a discount because you liked your potential co-workers?)

Lee defends and is a team player and can hit the three. We don't need to pay for scoring average. I don't want another Afflalo. I want a better defender and more consistent deep threat and someone who passes the ball. Did y'all forget that Afflalo never passed? Maybe that's why he could average 18ppg??

I don't think any of these moves will make us a contender or even top team in the east. It looks like a fool's market for a lotto team to participate in. By mid season, I think some of these teams will be desperate to get out of these contracts and will give up assets to do so.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/30/2016  10:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  10:13 AM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:Some of you guys probably stopped going to the movies because it's not $5 any more. You have to live in the real world!

Not the same thing silly goose.

If the car that I want on Kelly blue book is estimated at 10k... a dealer wants 12k... but my best friends grandma has the same car for sale for 5k that she drives to church on Sunday and on bingo night on weds... I'm going to buy the 5k car. I'm not gonna say hey grandma the estimate value is 10k and you can push for 12-15k Cuz of the market...

The problem is your grandma has no loyalty to you (maybe you don't come over for dinner on Sundays enough) and she placed an ad on car.com and is now getting offers for 11k... and you know grandma, she likes her bingo and hard candy money.

Your argument exists in a vacuum.

Its based on the assumption market forces don't exist. That the Knicks will be able to find gems at a reasonable price none of the other 29 teams are able to identify.

Knickoftime

6/30/2016  10:18 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I'd do $12M for Courtney Lee. We need guard depth.

holy geeeeeeeeeeeez!

It's a 94m cap. That's pretty equivalent to Afflalo's $8m

Afflalo averaged 18pts a game one year... Courtney Lee had never gotten close to that. Affalo making 8 mill is his max. Courtney Lee should not be making close to that

I think you're missing the point which is that nobody is saying he's worth that much but with the cap rise he's going to get somewhere around that much no matter what anyone thinks. I saw something today that Austin Rivers wants $8 mil per and he's never been anything more then a backup PG and that was only when he got on the Clippers with daddy cause he wasn't even making any team before that.

I want Rihanna to blow me. Doesn't mean that will ever happen. We can't be a part of that fools market.

It's not a fool's market - it's the new reality. The cap is almost double what it was a mere three years ago.

Also, it means something to me that Noah is recruiting Lee. It means they like each other and it means we'll have good team chemistry. (And please don't say that means either of them should give us a discount, that's BS - would you take a discount because you liked your potential co-workers?)

Lee defends and is a team player and can hit the three. We don't need to pay for scoring average. I don't want another Afflalo. I want a better defender and more consistent deep threat and someone who passes the ball. Did y'all forget that Afflalo never passed? Maybe that's why he could average 18ppg??

I don't think any of these moves will make us a contender or even top team in the east. It looks like a fool's market for a lotto team to participate in. By mid season, I think some of these teams will be desperate to get out of these contracts and will give up assets to do so.

Taking on bad contracts to acquire mid to late round draft picks is a dubious strategy at best.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2016  11:34 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

How on earth did fish talk Phil into signing seraphim over shved blows my mind

We all wanted Shved back and talked about it multiple times on here all last year but it seems like he's not on anyone in our organizations mind anymore so that train has left the building it seems but i'd still be all for bringing him back if he was a choice and J.Clarkson is a RFA and will probably be getting around $15 million per offer from someone which the Lakers will match. C.Lee is a good choice because of his defense more than anything and with him being a threat from 3 point land is great cause we need a 3-D guy at SG.

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

6/30/2016  1:07 PM
Not sure I want Courtney Lee. Definitely not on an overpay. What's the real difference between Courtney Lee and Afflalo? And everyone hated Afflalo around here.. Decent enough player but he's older and just feels like another stopgap, win-now player to me. I'd prefer we try to get a little younger if possible.

Still think Solomon Hill should be the guy at the 2. He's a good 5-6 years younger than Lee (so he'd be a long-term guy; a guy I wouldn't mind giving a 4-5 year deal to), won't be overly expensive compared to other options out there and I'm convinced he's ready to take off with an expanded role somewhere. I still say we be better off if we went dirt cheap at the 5 (Willy shouldn't be too expensive and hopefully can supply some interior scoring/rebounding and I honestly can't believe Jordan Bachynski's not being discussed more--I think this guy's capable of 10/10 & 2 in the NBA with enough PT and he'd come for the league minimum -- that might be what Noah gives us for 18mm a year--think about that for a sec. Willy/Bachynski could be a nice cost-effective offensive/defensive C tandem), offer Solomon Hill a contract in the $7-9mm/year range and then have money left over to improve other areas and/or to carry over into next summer and beyond. But if it's Noah/Solomon Hill in FA I'd be OK with that. Hill definitely over Lee for me. I'd go super aggressive after Solomon Hill as soon as the clock struck 12 tonight. Just my 2 cents.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2016  1:27 PM
Finestrg wrote:Not sure I want Courtney Lee. Definitely not on an overpay. What's the real difference between Courtney Lee and Afflalo? And everyone hated Afflalo around here.. Decent enough player but he's older and just feels like another stopgap, win-now player to me. I'd prefer we try to get a little younger if possible.

Still think Solomon Hill should be the guy at the 2. He's a good 5-6 years younger than Lee (so he'd be a long-term guy; a guy I wouldn't mind giving a 4-5 year deal to), won't be overly expensive compared to other options out there and I'm convinced he's ready to take off with an expanded role somewhere. I still say we be better off if we went dirt cheap at the 5 (Willy shouldn't be too expensive and hopefully can supply some interior scoring/rebounding and I honestly can't believe Jordan Bachynski's not being discussed more--I think this guy's capable of 10/10 & 2 in the NBA with enough PT and he'd come for the league minimum -- that might be what Noah gives us for 18mm a year--think about that for a sec. Willy/Bachynski could be a nice cost-effective offensive/defensive C tandem), offer Solomon Hill a contract in the $7-9mm/year range and then have money left over to improve other areas and/or to carry over into next summer and beyond. But if it's Noah/Solomon Hill in FA I'd be OK with that. Hill definitely over Lee for me. I'd go super aggressive after Solomon Hill as soon as the clock struck 12 tonight. Just my 2 cents.

Defense and athleticism is two of the biggest differences but defense is the biggest thing we need in our SG playing next to D.Rose.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/1/2016  12:23 AM
¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/1/2016  1:01 AM
crzymdups wrote:

The Vertical telecast reporting that Lee is on top of the Knicks FA list once the Noah deal is signed.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/1/2016  7:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2016  7:24 AM
My guess is a contract 4 years times $14m for Courtney Lee which is PHUCKING STUPID!

Phil in win now mode for no reason. We're no closer to a chip. Overpaying for Noah then Lee. At least we can ditch Rose after 1 year, can't do that with these 2 bums.

If all this comes true, Phuck you Phil!

tj23
Member: #3119

7/1/2016  7:25 AM
He's at least a 10M player.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/1/2016  10:18 AM
tj23 wrote:He's at least a 10M player.

I'd rather pay Eric Gordon that money. At least Eric Gordon has consistently scored double figures evey year. Was a 20pt a game scorer before injuries.... but guys think that's ridiculous. I might need to go buy some sandpaper to see what all the rage is about

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime

7/1/2016  10:35 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:My guess is a contract 4 years times $14m for Courtney Lee which is PHUCKING STUPID!

Phil in win now mode for no reason. We're no closer to a chip. Overpaying for Noah then Lee. At least we can ditch Rose after 1 year, can't do that with these 2 bums.

Yes, because free agents will be cheaper in subsequent years.

ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  10:39 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:My guess is a contract 4 years times $14m for Courtney Lee which is PHUCKING STUPID!

They won't, but you don't have to sign the likes of Courtney Lee and Eric Gordon.

You do know, you have a choice, right?

Knickoftime

7/1/2016  10:45 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

They won't, but you don't have to sign the likes of Courtney Lee and Eric Gordon.

Of course you do.

Just understand its likely extremely difficult for an NBA executive to gauge what players you personally happen to like and dislike.

The ones that have no flaws, no downside.

They're max players and will cost more, if you can even get them.

ChuckBuck
USA
7/1/2016  10:47 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

They're max players and will cost more, if you can even get them.

Now you're using your noggin! You don't have to get them, that's the whole point.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2016  10:49 AM
A long 3 and D player. He would fit nicely with this lineup. Hoping we sign him for 3/36 similar to Lin.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/1/2016  10:50 AM
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/1/2016  10:52 AM
djsunyc wrote:

Ouch. Hope this is not true....but...if we sign him...I will be rooting for him

Courtney Lee and his potential salary

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy