[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Courtney Lee and his potential salary
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/29/2016  7:04 PM
5 mill tops for this guy. He's a really good role player. He's not a guy you can give the ball to and tell him to make something happen. He might want a raise but how much are you willing to give him?

He might start for you, but he shouldn't get more than 25 mins a game. You still need a solid back up to split time. Jamal crawford would be a nice back up. Jeremy Lin would also. Eric Gordon... Marcus Thornton...

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

6/29/2016  7:07 PM
EnySpree wrote:5 mill tops for this guy. He's a really good role player. He's not a guy you can give the ball to and tell him to make something happen. He might want a raise but how much are you willing to give him?

He might start for you, but he shouldn't get more than 25 mins a game. You still need a solid back up to split time. Jamal crawford would be a nice back up. Jeremy Lin would also. Eric Gordon... Marcus Thornton...

Really good role players make more than $5m with a $94m cap and a $85m salary floor.

That isn't a judgment, that's just math.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/29/2016  7:18 PM
He said he wants 14mm minimum per year.
RIP Crushalot😞
EnySpree

6/29/2016  7:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2016  7:21 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:5 mill tops for this guy. He's a really good role player. He's not a guy you can give the ball to and tell him to make something happen. He might want a raise but how much are you willing to give him?

Really good role players make more than $5m with a $94m cap and a $85m salary floor.

I wish you guys would stop bringing up the cap.... if a dude is worth 5 mill then he should get 5 mil... not 8 mill just because there's more money to spend

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

6/29/2016  7:22 PM
BRIGGS wrote:He said he wants 14mm minimum per year.

That is the craziness that we just can't entertain

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/29/2016  7:28 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

I wish you guys would stop bringing up the cap.... if a dude is worth 5 mill then he should get 5 mil... not 8 mill just because there's more money to spend

You have to bring up the cap, because the NBA and the NBAPA designed the system so that salaries are proportional to the cap.

Teams HAVE to spend 90% of the cap.

You've made up a low number that sounds right in hour head without any empirical basis to it.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2016  7:31 PM
So if he and Noah really want to play together they can split our funds. Works for me. Assuming we don't land a max player (I am just assuming not to keep the reality part) than adding those two nicely rounds out the roster. They both get 3 year deals and last year can be PO giving them some nice flex. We get two guys probably below market value. Maybe its $14mm for Lee and $15mm for Noah. He's said its more that just about money and its not like $15mm for a guy coming off a sep shoulder in a sport where you elbows live about you head... well, aint like that's a slap in the face. Maybe not a superfriends but a posse... sure
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
6/29/2016  7:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:

That is the craziness that we just can't entertain

The cap has gone up a large %. You cannot equate what a guy was worth in 2013 compared to now. Its a whole new ballgame. What was 5-6 may be 9-12 etc.. and the players/agents are well aware of it.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
6/29/2016  7:34 PM
fishmike wrote:
So if he and Noah really want to play together they can split our funds. Works for me. Assuming we don't land a max player (I am just assuming not to keep the reality part) than adding those two nicely rounds out the roster. They both get 3 year deals and last year can be PO giving them some nice flex. We get two guys probably below market value. Maybe its $14mm for Lee and $15mm for Noah. He's said its more that just about money and its not like $15mm for a guy coming off a sep shoulder in a sport where you elbows live about you head... well, aint like that's a slap in the face. Maybe not a superfriends but a posse... sure

Giving two 31 year old players 15mm per on long term deals is a risky proposition

RIP Crushalot😞
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

6/29/2016  7:36 PM

5 mill per year doesn't get you much these days. Given the inflation, his market rate will be around 10 mill, which would be reasonable for a starter, role player type.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
6/29/2016  7:42 PM
I'll take my chances with Justin Holiday for a million bucks instead.
EnySpree

6/29/2016  7:49 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

You have to bring up the cap, because the NBA and the NBAPA designed the system so that salaries are proportional to the cap.

Teams HAVE to spend 90% of the cap.

You've made up a low number that sounds right in hour head without any empirical basis to it.

No they opened up more money for teams to operate with. Not to increase individual salary across the board. Courtney Lee should get 5 mill like I said and the Knicks should spread that 90% cap across the rest of the roster.

Harrison Barnes wants the max... ok then what should Howard get? People seem to think he's not worth the mac any more. Well if that's the case Barnes should not be making the max either. Guys think Melo is over paid yet would give Bazemore the max. They think Rose is over paid but will give Conley the max....

It's like come on. Just because you can keep repeating that the cap went up and whatever you think that means for salaries, doesn't mean that's the right way to run a team. You are not going to win with a bunch of bums taking up all the cap space. We did that with Scott Layden

EnySpree

6/29/2016  7:50 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

5 mill per year doesn't get you much these days. Given the inflation, his market rate will be around 10 mill, which would be reasonable for a starter, role player type.

So you are paying Courtney Lee 10 null a year to average 8 pts a game?

EnySpree

6/29/2016  7:52 PM
TLover wrote:I'll take my chances with Justin Holiday for a million bucks instead.

That's all I'm saying. There are plenty of players out there. I would rather pay Holiday than give Courtney Lee 10 mill to do the same exact thing

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/29/2016  7:56 PM
I'd do $12M for Courtney Lee. We need guard depth.
¿ △ ?
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

6/29/2016  7:58 PM
crzymdups wrote:I'd do $12M for Courtney Lee. We need guard depth.

holy geeeeeeeeeeeez!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

6/29/2016  8:05 PM
EnySpree wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

So you are paying Courtney Lee 10 null a year to average 8 pts a game?

Didn't say he's worth that, but that's what his going rate will be on the market. You'd be paying him for his 3 and D capability. A team will probably give him more than that. If we can get him for 10, compared to Bazemore's or Fournier's 16 min, it will be a reasonable contract in today's market.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/29/2016  8:20 PM
mreinman wrote:

holy geeeeeeeeeeeez!

It's a 94m cap. That's pretty equivalent to Afflalo's $8m

¿ △ ?
EnySpree

6/29/2016  8:28 PM
crzymdups wrote:
mreinman wrote:

holy geeeeeeeeeeeez!

It's a 94m cap. That's pretty equivalent to Afflalo's $8m

Afflalo averaged 18pts a game one year... Courtney Lee had never gotten close to that. Affalo making 8 mill is his max. Courtney Lee should not be making close to that

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/29/2016  8:30 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

It's a supply and demand driven market, you can't wish it away. It's how **** works...

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Courtney Lee and his potential salary

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy