[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's good we are probably getting Crawford, but I am also sad about Frank Williams:
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/4/2004  6:40 PM
That's true, except I also think Stephon Marbury isn't nearly as selfish as he once was. I think he's a pretty good teammate now. But you're right. Ray Allen wasn't a good comparison. Just wanted to point out that Crawford game is mainly scoring.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/4/2004  6:48 PM
One thing I don't understand is why people (I'm not refering to you allanfan) view most young players' weaknesses as things they need to work on and can improve as they get older ("Frank will work hard to improve his jumpshooting"; "DerMarr just needs more time to learn defense") but with Jamal his weakness (poor decision making at times on offense) is viewed as a hopeless character flaw ("he's just a selfish chucker")
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
8/4/2004  7:00 PM
Posted by PhilinLA:

I always thought Frank lacked a little speed and quickness.
He does lack pure top end speed... but his change of pace, and way he uses his body once the advantage are gained ...are reminiscent of Terry Porter and Andre Miller. He can penetrate because he switches speeds well. That said.. I think per the CBA, the only way this deal goes down if Frank is in it.. unfortunately.
Allanfan20
USA
8/4/2004  7:01 PM
I think his decision making can be improved on as well. But with Jamal, I understand that he is a scorer. He just has to learn the elements of being a SCORER, and you know what? He's backing up a great guy, who he can learn from, named Allan Houston. Same thing with Marbury, who you just compared him too. I think Crawford will be in a good situation, with some nice veterans, in NY, unlike in Chicago. He was in a bad situation there.

What I think he is important for Crawford, is for him to improve his defense. Now, Allan Houston was average AT BEST, but at least he made strides, by hitting the weight room, and was able to body up. Crawford has the quickness. Now, he just needs a little bit more upper body strength, and some devotion to that aspect of the game. He'll be a good player for us, IF HE COMES!
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
USA
8/4/2004  7:31 PM
I sense allanfan becoming more optimistic about Jamal's potential
timmyTtop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #680
8/4/2004  7:34 PM
does ne one know if jamal has heart?
Bonn1997
USA
8/4/2004  7:55 PM
Posted by timmyTtop:

does ne one know if jamal has heart?
It's hard to judge heart when you're on a lotterry team, but IMO he has enough talent to be worth giving up $10 mil in expiring contracts
Allanfan20
USA
8/5/2004  3:04 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

I sense allanfan becoming more optimistic about Jamal's potential

Again, I don't really like him yet, but I'll root for him if he's on the Knicks, and he can certainly improve in the areas he needs to improve on. But he's replacing my 2nd favorite Knick, probably, so he's got some proving to do.
It's good we are probably getting Crawford, but I am also sad about Frank Williams:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy