[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It's good we are probably getting Crawford, but I am also sad about Frank Williams:
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/3/2004  8:24 PM
I really really liked the guy, and hoped he would reach his top potential, as a NY Knick. If he gets traded to Chicago, then he might not even be guaranteed a lot of playing time with Gordon, Heinrick and all those guards. He he stays in NY, but Crawford comes anyway, he's playing very little, each game. Meaning, he most certainly has to be traded, b/c a guy with his talent needs to get playing time. I hope, for his sake, he gets traded to a good team, where he will get the opportunity to be a nice solid PG, for a fair number of minutes, like he deserves. Of course he needs to polish his game a lot more, but he's still nice, despite being way imperfect. He was a good Knick last season, and no matter where he plays, I will root him on.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
8/3/2004  8:33 PM
In all the reports I've seen, he's not in the deal. Hopefully it stays that way, and the Knicks can run a 3-guard rotation of Stef, Jamal, and Frank (I'm planning on Houston being hurt.)
#Knickstaps
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/3/2004  8:35 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

In all the reports I've seen, he's not in the deal. Hopefully it stays that way, and the Knicks can run a 3-guard rotation of Stef, Jamal, and Frank (I'm planning on Houston being hurt.)
Yeah, I was just gonna say that too about Frank not being in the reported deal
PhilinLA
Member: #696
8/3/2004  8:41 PM
He's not in the deal. Though he'll probably be in another one.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/3/2004  8:50 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by BigSm00th:

Yeah, I was just gonna say that too about Frank not being in the reported deal

The deal that doesn't include F-Will supposedly is of Deke, Moochie and cash for Craw and JYD, but does the contracts really sum up to make it possible? It looks like it lacks more components.
Knicks_Fan
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/3/2004  8:51 PM
That's my point. If he stays on the Knicks, w/ Crawford on the team, he's gonna get very very limited playing time. He had enough trouble getting into the game, when Houston was playing. Now, w/ Houston AND Crawford playing, he's gonna be burried. He's probably going to be part of another deal.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
8/3/2004  8:52 PM
probably in a damp trade. i do like him, but hopefully he is.
PhilinLA
8/3/2004  8:53 PM
he'll be in the Damp deal or the Toronto deal.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
8/3/2004  9:09 PM
With Dallas apparently set to acquire Terry, looks like they don't really need a PG right now.

What Toronto deal are you refering to--- the one where we trade Frank Williams straightup for Vince Carter? :) But seriously... I wonder just how many deals we have in the works.

Hmm... Golden State has Fisher/Speedy @ PG. I think FW could be at least as good as Fisher if he ever got a shot.

Atlanta looks like they'll need a PG, but they barely have anything tradeable left on their roster.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
PhilinLA
8/3/2004  9:12 PM
We have a bunch but the next priorities are in GS and Toronto.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/3/2004  10:32 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I really really liked the guy, and hoped he would reach his top potential, as a NY Knick. If he gets traded to Chicago, then he might not even be guaranteed a lot of playing time with Gordon, Heinrick and all those guards. He he stays in NY, but Crawford comes anyway, he's playing very little, each game. Meaning, he most certainly has to be traded, b/c a guy with his talent needs to get playing time. I hope, for his sake, he gets traded to a good team, where he will get the opportunity to be a nice solid PG, for a fair number of minutes, like he deserves. Of course he needs to polish his game a lot more, but he's still nice, despite being way imperfect. He was a good Knick last season, and no matter where he plays, I will root him on.

I just keep remembering back to that 10 game stretch or so when Frank was getting big minutes and producing. Flashes of brilliance at least once a game. KVH was on fire for the same period, and the Knicks may have been playing against some mediocre team, but Frank was nice. A real pass-first PG.

IMO, I think people of grossly underestimating Frank's talents. Proverbial diamond in the rough.

I hope he stays.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/3/2004  10:37 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

I agree Id rather see him succeed somewhere else than being another Postell(with talent)rotting on the bench.Id be proud knowing the Knicks helped him on his way to a good career.Milos is the one I want to see fall on his butt in the NBA.Would love to be at that first game against the Knicks at MSG.Doubt we ever will because he is too chicken sh... to come here.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/3/2004  11:23 PM
Him not seeing time is based on the premise that Allan Houston will be healthy. I have huge doubts (reports a few weeks ago said his knee was still extremely painful and when he was on Celebrity Jeopardy a month or so ago he said he still couldn't dunk).

I'm going to guess that Houston will play maybe half the season. I think that's a nice estimation, given his age and how his knee healed last year. If he's healtheir and plays more, maybe Isiah goes out and deals him, but as of now, with the deal the Knicks are doing, let's pretend Houston's out (and that Frank is traded).

PG: Marbury
SG: Crawford, Penny
SF: TThomas, Anderson

Ariza, from all I saw at the summer league, will be ready ultimately but to expect him to be a regular contributor from the get-go is stupid. That's not happening. With that situation, Anderson and Penny are both playing a lot, which is what I'd like to avoid.

Now, let's imagine Frank is kept (which, according to all reports, will happen), and Houston is hurt. You're looking at:

PG: Marbury, Williams
SG: Crawford, Williams
SF: TThomas, Penny

Williams can play either guard spot, an ability shared by Crawford and Marbury (and by Dumars and Isiah, which is what I think Isiah's trying to do here, get a few guards who can play either spot). That enables Penny to only play a little more than 20 minutes, and Frank should get at least 20.

"he'll be in the Damp deal or the Toronto deal"

Why would GS want him in the Damp deal? They have Claxton and Fisher both signed to multi-year, multi-million dollar deals. Mullin wanted cap relief and frontcourt players.

What Toronto deal? Carter doesn't want to be traded, he all but said that the other day. If the deal to get Carter is Williams, Sweetney, TThomas, and a first rounder (which would be the least Toronto would want), I don't even want that deal.

My money is on Williams being in a Knicks uniform this year and getting time.
#Knickstaps
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
8/3/2004  11:44 PM
actually smooth f.will would provide cap relief. team option for 05-06.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/3/2004  11:56 PM
Posted by daddynel:

Say Franky is traded...what are the chances of Isiah resigning him after next season.
Bonn1997
USA
8/3/2004  11:59 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:
Posted by daddynel:

Say Franky is traded...what are the chances of Isiah resigning him after next season.
Slim to none; it wouldn't be worth using part of the MLE for him to be the backup backup PG
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/4/2004  3:00 AM
moreover frank is a layden pick. I don't think IT would do that. He already showed his good will by keeping sweet...
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/4/2004  9:07 AM
the NY Times & the RealGM Wiretaps have Frank included in the deal
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
USA
8/4/2004  9:10 AM
Posted by TMS:

I probably wouldn't agree to the deal without Frank if I were Paxson
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
8/4/2004  9:31 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by TMS:

I probably wouldn't agree to the deal without Frank if I were Paxson

the cap relief is their primary concern, but obviously Frank has value beyond just his expiring deal, so yeah, you're probably right.

i still think Paxson's being a hard ass here & Isiah is well w/in his rights to expect at least SOME kind of concession be made here to benefit the Knicks aside from getting Jamal here...taking on JYD's contract & not relieving ourselves of any bad contracts of our own makes the extra year being put on JC's contract perfectly understandable & warranted imho.

don't be like Ving Rhames in "Pulp Fiction" Isiah...spit that ball out your mouth & pick up the SHOTGUN!
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
It's good we are probably getting Crawford, but I am also sad about Frank Williams:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy