[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would D-Wade leave Miami?
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/28/2016  11:41 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nba/miami-heat/article86558917.html

Pat the Rat might not want to pay him so Wade might leave if he had to take less money...

Would he take a 2 year ride to NY to help Melo win a chip?

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
6/28/2016  11:43 PM
They did this same dance last year... Riley eventually paid him. I'd be shocked if Wade left Miami.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/28/2016  11:46 PM
But how funny would it be if the Knicks had Wade and Rose in the backcourt. That'd be insane.

But I really can't imagine him out of a Heat uniform.

And honestly, I'd have a hard time rooting for him. Harder than anyone other than Paul Pierce, I think. He's such a Knicks villain.

¿ △ ?
EnySpree

6/29/2016  12:05 AM
Wade from Chicago, playing with that other famous player from Chicago....

KP, Melo, Noah, Rose and Wade... get us a string bench to support them and that looks like a title contender

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/29/2016  12:10 AM
How do you sign Wade and Noah? Both players aould have to take below market value annual deals. I guess if you gave Wade 4 years of guaranteed money he could take less. $60M/4years for each. Many concerns with that team tho, too many high usage ball handlers, age, declining athleticism etc.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
6/29/2016  7:16 AM
EnySpree wrote:Wade from Chicago, playing with that other famous player from Chicago....

KP, Melo, Noah, Rose and Wade... get us a string bench to support them and that looks like a title contender

Aren't Wade's advanced stats pretty bad too?

This is the Randle.
VCoug
Member: #1406

6/29/2016  7:31 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Wade from Chicago, playing with that other famous player from Chicago....

His traditional ones are too. Wade's 34 years old and has been in pretty obvious decline for a few years now. His FG%, 2FG%, 3FG%, eFG%, TS%, FTr OWS, WS, WS/48, BPM, and VORP have all declined steadily over the last four years. Unless he wants to come here for close to the MLE this should be a hard pass.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
EnySpree

6/29/2016  8:14 AM
VCoug wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

His traditional ones are too. Wade's 34 years old and has been in pretty obvious decline for a few years now. His FG%, 2FG%, 3FG%, eFG%, TS%, FTr OWS, WS, WS/48, BPM, and VORP have all declined steadily over the last four years. Unless he wants to come here for close to the MLE this should be a hard pass.

D-Wade can still play the game. He's not a 25 pt per game scorer but he can still fill it up, especially if he's the 2nd, 3rd or 4th option. The Knicks want to play a team game so that's right up his alley.

JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

6/29/2016  8:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2016  8:22 AM
This would be a good move with a prime KP, where it would be well known that he is the top gun in the pecking order.

With Wade joining on a Knicks team with Rose and Melo along with a 2nd year KP, I feel like there would be one too many over the hill ball dominating egos which may hurt his development.

EwingsGlass
USA
6/29/2016  8:31 AM
EnySpree wrote:
VCoug wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

D-Wade can still play the game. He's not a 25 pt per game scorer but he can still fill it up, especially if he's the 2nd, 3rd or 4th option. The Knicks want to play a team game so that's right up his alley.

Strongly disagree. If we didnt have Rose, i could rationalize Wade. But he throws ducks from downtown when we need floor spacing. This is thr epitome of a starphuck.

This is the Randle.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/29/2016  8:35 AM
don't disagree about wade potentially leaving Miami, but if he ever does he's probably going to Cleveland to play with his buddy lebron
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
EwingsGlass
USA
6/29/2016  8:44 AM
nyk4ever wrote:don't disagree about wade potentially leaving Miami, but if he ever does he's probably going to Cleveland to play with his buddy lebron

You see Lebron looking around trying to find an excuse not to sign him... aw man, we sign and traded for a 2nd rd pick... we are hard capped... sorry Dwyane... maybe next year...

This is the Randle.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2016  9:30 AM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:This would be a good move with a prime KP, where it would be well known that he is the top gun in the pecking order.

With Wade joining on a Knicks team with Rose and Melo along with a 2nd year KP, I feel like there would be one too many over the hill ball dominating egos which may hurt his development.

Everyone including KP knows he's the golden child and the future. I think its the opposite. Rose, Wade, Noah... all hardworking guys who focus on winning. Think about this.. when all those guys are gone and out to pasture KP will be 25 years old.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/29/2016  9:37 AM
I thnk $15 for 2 years is overpaying but I would still do that. But he probably can get that in Miami so he's staying
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

6/29/2016  9:53 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I thnk $15 for 2 years is overpaying but I would still do that. But he probably can get that in Miami so he's staying

I agree with this under any rational view. However, if he is willing to accept that under the reported contracts for this off-season, it is worth the risk for 1 yr with Crabbe reportedly getting max when he is mediocre at best.

7.5 mil for yr one is fine. We will need to fill multiple roster spots this off-season and grabbing multiple players will be hard with the insane numbers being thrown around/ I'm not even worried about yr 2 since the salary structures will look way different in the new CBA (assuming they even reach year 2). I also suspect they will roll out a tiered system of some sort, which will give us more room to work with.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
6/29/2016  10:38 AM
Between Rose, Melo, KP, the rest of the roster and a faster pace, we should have plenty of offense. What I'm afraid of is our defense. Lopez was anchoring it with KP but we lacked perimeter defenders.
We absolutely need good defenders with our remaining cap space. That's why, even if he's injury prone, I'd like Noah if he doesn't ask for the moon.
I don't care about his offense but he is a perfect fit with his defense, even on the PnR(he may have lost a step there), his rebounds and as a facilitator with his passes from the post.
Our future starting SG must be a good defender too. Defense wins you games during the playoffs.
Wade should be a no no.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/29/2016  10:44 AM
Does anyone really care at this point? Don't we have enough break down/injury worries now?
TLover
Member: #381
USA
6/30/2016  9:10 PM
So the heat will not know about Chris Bosh's status for another 6 months. Besides it dissuading potential free agents; Dwayne Wade would need to think about leaving bc of it. I know Wade has been waiting to get paid for his past achievements but he'll be playing for a mediocre team, if Bosh can't play.

The starting 5 (assuming we sign Noah) would be pretty entertaining, health permitting of course.
Add in those cap holds, Knicks are a top 3 team in the east.

Pg: Rose, Gallo
Sg: Wade, Holiday
Sf: Melo, L.Thomas
Pf: Porzingis, D.Will
C: Noah, O'Quinn, Hernangomez

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2016  11:02 PM
I saw somewhere that he is considering the bulls.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
6/30/2016  11:42 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I saw somewhere that he is considering the bulls.

what a joke - wade pulled this stunt last time when the "big 3" all went to miami. it was basically a sideshow to just make himself feel wanted, along with lebron. they all knew where they were going, but still did the carousel tour anyways. not a good look for the nets, just crawling back on their hands and knees.

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Would D-Wade leave Miami?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy