[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

GRADING THE ROSE TRADE: BULLS VS KNICKS...WHO WON?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/29/2016  2:37 PM
mreinman wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Anyone catch the Begley tweet?
Durant called the Knicks a good team now with Rose. Likes Rose, Melo, KP. If a superstar free agent now looks at the team differently, what does that say? Dwight Howard also wants to get in on the Knicks. Sure maybe we do not want Dwight. Sure Durant will probably not become a Knick this summer. This trade has put the Knicks in a different position than a year ago. We are now in win now mode. Melo has at most 3 good years left. Time to try and make a run.

its says a lot if he is not just saying it and he comes here.

it also says a lot even if he doesn't come here but really thinks the Knicks are now a good team- improved with the Rose trade

how do you know what he really thinks? Cause they asked him if he likes rose on the knicks and he said yes?

He did say it. Has there been some mind reading going on to contradict his words?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
meloanyk
Member: #5615

6/29/2016  3:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Durant called the Knicks a good team now with Rose. Likes Rose, Melo, KP. If a superstar free agent now looks at the team differently, what does that say? Dwight Howard also wants to get in on the Knicks. Sure maybe we do not want Dwight. Sure Durant will probably not become a Knick this summer. This trade has put the Knicks in a different position than a year ago. We are now in win now mode. Melo has at most 3 good years left. Time to try and make a run.

it also says a lot even if he doesn't come here but really thinks the Knicks are now a good team- improved with the Rose trade

how do you know what he really thinks? Cause they asked him if he likes rose on the knicks and he said yes?

He did say it. Has there been some mind reading going on to contradict his words?

If Durant is sincere and truly believes that then he comes to the Knicks to play with his good friend Rose, fellow star Melo and budding star KP, if he doesnt then Ill assume it was simply lip service, a diplomatic and courteous remark about a good friend

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/29/2016  3:25 PM
meloanyk wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

If Durant is sincere and truly believes that then he comes to the Knicks to play with his good friend Rose, fellow star Melo and budding star KP, if he doesnt then Ill assume it was simply lip service, a diplomatic and courteous remark about a good friend

I think that means he considers the knicks a good team. There are finances involved in his decision as well. He isn't coming to the Knicks this year. He probably isn't leaving OKC. But players talking about the Knicks having three really good guys is a good thing.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
6/29/2016  3:26 PM
meloanyk wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

That is a ridiculous assumption. He could truly believe the Knicks are improved and think they are a good team but not come here for so many other reasons. Stay in OKC, go to another team that not only is good but great( GS), plus other reasons.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/29/2016  3:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I think that means he considers the knicks a good team. There are finances involved in his decision as well. He isn't coming to the Knicks this year. He probably isn't leaving OKC. But players talking about the Knicks having three really good guys is a good thing.

Jesus some of these guys sound like SAS. He thinks Phil is only earning his money if he lands Durant or some big name. Not if he builds a WINNING TEAM but rather that it has to be Phil convincing Durant to sign. So these guys are in a similar way suggesting that Durant doesn't mean it when he says the Knicks have a good team now with Rose, if he doesn't come to the Knicks as if that's the only concern Durant could have about where he goes. It's amazing how narrow minded this all is. Only Black or White, no shades of gray in between. Everything or Nothing. Total Rebuild or Star*****. It's just freaking amazing to witness.
meloanyk

6/29/2016  4:05 PM
What's comical is harping on a diplomatic comment and making it out to be more than it is. Durant hangs with Rose, he is not going to be bluntly truth and say the impact of his addition to Knicks remains to be seen. It's ok for fans to have hope but wearing rose colored glasses in the dark is just as unbecoming as one of SA Smith's rants
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2016  4:17 PM
meloanyk wrote:What's comical is harping on a diplomatic comment and making it out to be more than it is. Durant hangs with Rose, he is not going to be bluntly truth and say the impact of his addition to Knicks remains to be seen. It's ok for fans to have hope but wearing rose colored glasses in the dark is just as unbecoming as one of SA Smith's rants
equally comical as assuming its diplomatic. Durant is close w/ Rose and Melo and has called KP a unicorn. I guess all those relationships and comments are just more lip service.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
meloanyk

6/29/2016  4:29 PM
fishmike wrote:
meloanyk wrote:What's comical is harping on a diplomatic comment and making it out to be more than it is. Durant hangs with Rose, he is not going to be bluntly truth and say the impact of his addition to Knicks remains to be seen. It's ok for fans to have hope but wearing rose colored glasses in the dark is just as unbecoming as one of SA Smith's rants
equally comical as assuming its diplomatic. Durant is close w/ Rose and Melo and has called KP a unicorn. I guess all those relationships and comments are just more lip service.

Like I said earlier, let him put his pen to it if he truly believes. Let me know when he signs with us. Otherwise, Ill take any comment with a grain of salt

nixluva
USA
6/29/2016  4:31 PM
fishmike wrote:

This stuff is just more Self Hating Knicks Fan crap. There is a small but loud group of NYK fans that seems to live in misery and self loathing. This team is on the verge of hitting FA with money and tons of interest from FA's. We should be able to add the pieces we need to make this a top team in the East. Why some fans choose to act like we're in bad shape is beyond me.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
6/29/2016  4:56 PM
i am not a fan of the trade. i think it's a lateral move.

1)rose doesn't play defense, which means the knicks need to land a defensive shooting guard to help plug up the ongoing sieve.

2)rose is a ball dominant "scoring guard" with overrated playmaking skills and interior passing skills. he neither maintains his dribble like a good point guard should, leaves his feet to pass the ball, and is a sub-par pick and roll guard with poor percentages from 3. whatever you imagine he will give you on offense better than what we had, the kind of offense that makes you forgive his atrocious defense, may well be a mirage. he will have a hard time meshing with his teammates within whatever hybrid offense hornacek tries to employ.

3)rose's character will be an issue. i don't feel like a guy who has been accused of what he has will do well with the nyc lifestyle.

i think rose is a jackson version of walsh's technique of getting rid of longer bad contracts (mainly calderon's) for shorter, potentially bad contracts (rose's). so i do not agree that the trade was mainly a lopez for rose swap. the way i see it is that jackson felt it was okay to part with a decent nba center that provides grit and intangibles and is able to hot a little jump hook with either hand because he has hernangomez waiting in the wings, in an effort to get younger, since this is likely kp6's team after this season.

hopefully kp6s and durant's.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
6/29/2016  4:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2016  5:00 PM

?????? because we acquired derrick rose? GTFOH

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/29/2016  5:06 PM
fishmike wrote:

how about just ignore what he said. If asked, most sane players would just be diplomatic and say nice things.

I heard that durant likes the colors of the knicks I'M SUPER PSYCHED!!

so here is what phil is thinking ....
meloanyk

6/29/2016  5:11 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:

This stuff is just more Self Hating Knicks Fan crap. There is a small but loud group of NYK fans that seems to live in misery and self loathing. This team is on the verge of hitting FA with money and tons of interest from FA's. We should be able to add the pieces we need to make this a top team in the East. Why some fans choose to act like we're in bad shape is beyond me.
[/quot
Ive actually been one of the more "glass is half full" posters here in past years but embracing a "sunshine and lollipops" take to every transaction or name that pops up is rather shallow. Doesnt make one a hater if one disagrees or questions the merits of certain moves. I would not say that the Knicks are in a sad state but the reality is Knicks have won 49 out of 164 and are not as well positioned as one might expect given all that losing. It's becoming obvious that the initial blueprint is being adapted after all the Jax talk of 'respecting the process" . Hopeful ? Yes but skeptical
nixluva
USA
6/29/2016  5:25 PM
meloanyk wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:

[/quot
Ive actually been one of the more "glass is half full" posters here in past years but embracing a "sunshine and lollipops" take to every transaction or name that pops up is rather shallow. Doesnt make one a hater if one disagrees or questions the merits of certain moves. I would not say that the Knicks are in a sad state but the reality is Knicks have won 49 out of 164 and are not as well positioned as one might expect given all that losing. It's becoming obvious that the initial blueprint is being adapted after all the Jax talk of 'respecting the process" . Hopeful ? Yes but skeptical

TOTALLY disagree with your take. For one thing the Knicks are in a very nice position Cap Wise, Talent and Picks going forward. Phil has handled that very prudently.

The Initial Blueprint was to build a team that can WIN. He has not deviated from that goal. We have vets last year and he's looking to add vets this year. We have a decent amount of Cap Space to get the pieces we need. SO what has really changed from his perspective? We still run the Triangle but he believes he has the right coach to modernize it. The trade basically leveraged a quality C which in our case wasn't going to make the team a winner for a PG that can help make the team function better than it did. Rose, Melo and KP is more balanced than Melo, KP and RoLo. Simple to understand why. If Rose flops we can drop his Cap Hit and we also have Picks in next draft. So really what is there to be "Glass Half Empty" about???

meloanyk

6/29/2016  5:39 PM
Seriously ? This post sounds like it comes out of the Ministry of Propanganda. We are built to win... we signed vets last year , we will sign vets this year, we are now going to modernize the triangle, Rose is this great fit but if he flops...... Good Lord
nixluva
USA
6/29/2016  6:50 PM
meloanyk wrote:Seriously ? This post sounds like it comes out of the Ministry of Propanganda. We are built to win... we signed vets last year , we will sign vets this year, we are now going to modernize the triangle, Rose is this great fit but if he flops...... Good Lord

You seem to have an issue with facts and logic. I can't help you if that's the case. Since Phil took the job he's been bringing in Vets so what has changed??? He's also been sure to add young prospects as well. He's tried to make moves that were not cap killing and leaving cap flexibility for the future. He's literally doing the same things in each year. If you can make some point refuting this i'd like to see it.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/29/2016  8:47 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloanyk wrote:Seriously ? This post sounds like it comes out of the Ministry of Propanganda. We are built to win... we signed vets last year , we will sign vets this year, we are now going to modernize the triangle, Rose is this great fit but if he flops...... Good Lord

You seem to have an issue with facts and logic. I can't help you if that's the case. Since Phil took the job he's been bringing in Vets so what has changed??? He's also been sure to add young prospects as well. He's tried to make moves that were not cap killing and leaving cap flexibility for the future. He's literally doing the same things in each year. If you can make some point refuting this i'd like to see it.

I think we took leave from facts and logic a while ago. You just said there's ton of interest among FAs and I know of exactly two people who have shown interest - 50 year old Crawford and 48 year old Noah and Noah and Rose were joined at the hip.

Phil added vets - Yes, but those adds didn't pay off in terms of Ws, now we are doing more of the same.
We had one huge slice of luck that KP fell to us and we can go many different directions from here with that. Some of us are grounded in reality and much too painfully aware of our starphucking past to get excited about more of the same. Obviously it rubs you the wrong way -so be it. I was really happy with where we were going and I didn't want us to chase big name FAs but we chose to do the starphuck trade and now we need even more broken down players like Noah to make us "contenders". I really wish we had focused on acquiring young players with very high upside however we could. Instead we focused on old players with very high downside. Yes Rose has limited downside but that's still one side of the trade, letting go of a solid starter @12 MM still has unlimited downside in this cap situation.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/30/2016  10:20 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I think we took leave from facts and logic a while ago. You just said there's ton of interest among FAs and I know of exactly two people who have shown interest - 50 year old Crawford and 48 year old Noah and Noah and Rose were joined at the hip.

Phil added vets - Yes, but those adds didn't pay off in terms of Ws, now we are doing more of the same.
We had one huge slice of luck that KP fell to us and we can go many different directions from here with that. Some of us are grounded in reality and much too painfully aware of our starphucking past to get excited about more of the same. Obviously it rubs you the wrong way -so be it. I was really happy with where we were going and I didn't want us to chase big name FAs but we chose to do the starphuck trade and now we need even more broken down players like Noah to make us "contenders". I really wish we had focused on acquiring young players with very high upside however we could. Instead we focused on old players with very high downside. Yes Rose has limited downside but that's still one side of the trade, letting go of a solid starter @12 MM still has unlimited downside in this cap situation.

Typical self loathing, ESPN-addled, Knick hating crap. When the cap is being managed, when we're not pissing away draft picks, when we're signing vets and trading for possible proven quality, scream YOOTS YOOTS YOOTS YOOTS!!!

1) Phil signed vets, but they didn't pay off.
2) But we have unlimited downside letting one of the vets go.

Logic indeed. Try slowly re-reading the shit you post before trying to come off like the brainy voice of reason.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/30/2016  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/30/2016  2:03 PM
Just had some of my optimism dashed. I thought Rose played a lot better starting in January but I'm estimating his TS% from Jan to the end of the season to be around .518 with the league average around .545. His problem wasn't shooting from the field. His FG% during that period looks to be slightly above average. The issue is that relative to his total usage, he should be doing much more damage from the free throw line. I know I've heard some say he doesn't attack the rim anymore. If that's true, it's hurting his game and he's going to be a liability. We need him to play better than he did during this rare healthy period, not just to replicate it.
mreinman
Member: #3189

6/30/2016  2:27 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Just had some of my optimism dashed. I thought Rose played a lot better starting in January but I'm estimating his TS% from Jan to the end of the season to be around .518 with the league average around .545. His problem wasn't shooting from the field. His FG% during that period looks to be slightly above average. The issue is that relative to his total usage, he should be doing much more damage from the free throw line. I know I've heard some say he doesn't attack the rim anymore. If that's true, it's hurting his game and he's going to be a liability. We need him to play better than he did during this rare healthy period, not just to replicate it.

He is a terrible terrible 3 point shooter. Other than his 15 FT's in march where he shot 41%, he is pretty much always < 30%. That is bad and he is not like DWade who though he can't shoot 3's, he is super efficient at 2's. TParker as well.

But hey, odds are that he is bouncing back and now that Hornacek is his coach, he will become a better 3 point shooter. And JH also wants him to stay healthy, and he agreed to do that for him.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
GRADING THE ROSE TRADE: BULLS VS KNICKS...WHO WON?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy