[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

whats the point of a forum....
Author Thread
timmyTtop
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #680
8/3/2004  6:27 PM
IF YOUR POSTS GET LOCKEKD! WERE SUPPOSED TO EXCHANGE IDEAS AND OPINIONS... REAL CLASSY MARTTTTTY BOY
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/3/2004  6:33 PM
hey, there are tons of forums out there, all with different levels of reporting, opinions, idea exchanges, etc.

I think there are no less than 5 threads on a Crawford to NY. What sets your post apart except for the fact that it is the same thing reported by NY Post, Sunny97, sun times, etc. but for the fact that it is now being reported on NBATV and posted on RealGM?

put some original thought into your messages. Do the salaries match, does the trade make sense for either team - 2 for 2 trade? - how does the Base year contract come into play, etc.

In fact, the trade can't become official until tomorrow. And if it is on NBA TV, why hasn't other wire services picked it up.

Bring on a real source.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
timmyTtop
8/3/2004  6:35 PM
thats bull****, realgm said it can be done as soon as today...g u nit
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/3/2004  6:38 PM
It cant be done today because the NBA offices are closed
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
martin
USA
8/3/2004  6:43 PM
Posted by NYK3:

It cant be done today because the NBA offices are closed

yes, exactly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/columns/story?id=1851245

"With the league office closed Tuesday, the deal cannot be finalized before Wednesday, sources said. "

Let's be clear, RealGM is not a credible source.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/3/2004  7:07 PM
I like how its moderated. If you love redundant topics, useless threads, and theads with titles like "Crawford deal done!" try msgnetwork. If you threads where every posible (and retarded) trade is made (but the salaries match) try realGM.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
8/3/2004  7:35 PM
Good points all around.

There is a legitimate need to communicate between humans.

There is a certain feeling one gets being the first to share knowledge.

It's not necessary to temper soneone's enthusiasm at sharing knick news

Although it's another thing altogether if what's being reported as news is actually hearsay.

How to balance that need with respect to everyone one elses' preference to keep down the number of redundant topics?

i unashamedly endorse the uniqueness of the New York Times forum once again, since it completely does away with "threads". As for the forums that use threads, ultimateknicks does a great job keeping things from getting out of hand.

As Ali G would say,

Respek!
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
kam77
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #634
8/3/2004  7:44 PM
Martin + Andrew,

Maybe if you guys created a sticky topic for the "Official Jamal Trade Topic" like you did for the "Knicks Summer League", then people would resist the urge to make a new thread/topic that goes to the top of the list of topics.

Just a thought.
lol @ being BANNED by Martin since 11/07/10 (for asking if Mr. Earl had a point). Really, Martin? C'mon. This is the internet. I've seen much worse on this site. By Earl himself. Drop the hypocrisy.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/3/2004  8:18 PM
Maryin and Andrew,

One thought would be to merge these new Jamal threads into one thread. (On another forum, we've done that before; I don't know if you can here.)
timmyTtop
8/3/2004  8:39 PM
so how did ariza get signed today? it makes no sense.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
8/3/2004  9:21 PM
Posted by kam77:

Martin + Andrew,

Maybe if you guys created a sticky topic for the "Official Jamal Trade Topic" like you did for the "Knicks Summer League", then people would resist the urge to make a new thread/topic that goes to the top of the list of topics.

Just a thought.

Yes! Exactly what I was going to suggest. The threads here have gotten painfully repititious. I've been hoping we get Crawford mainly so that we can stop talking about it.

The good thing about many of these threads though is that they disappear quickly because they add nothing new, or contain little worth talking about.

Personally, I've started ignoring any threads with Crawford's name in them.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
8/3/2004  9:29 PM
Hey FishNet & Marty, the deal I reported was Crawford & JYD for Deke, Moochie & Cash. Noboby on ultimateknicks.com reported that. This is viable information that I recieved from another source and something the fans of this site may want to read and respond to. UltimateKnicks isn't anymore reliable than realgm.

So Marty next you you lock someone up, think about it first.
And Fishnet stop sucking Marty.
martin
USA
8/3/2004  9:55 PM
Posted by TLover:

Hey FishNet & Marty, the deal I reported was Crawford & JYD for Deke, Moochie & Cash. Noboby on ultimateknicks.com reported that. This is viable information that I recieved from another source and something the fans of this site may want to read and respond to. UltimateKnicks isn't anymore reliable than realgm.

So Marty next you you lock someone up, think about it first.
And Fishnet stop sucking Marty.

TLOver, thanks for adding nothing to this site. How about this thread:

"Jamal and Damp update NY POST"...it's up to about 50 posts. And the freaking NY Post article today on the front page.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/3/2004  10:10 PM
Martin keep it the same way you did for the past 3 years. It works great, whoever does not like it doesnt have have to come here. Don't take none of this sh*it to heart.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
martin
USA
8/3/2004  10:18 PM
Posted by kam77:

Martin + Andrew,

Just a thought.

thanks for the idea. I guess there is a balance between having one huge thread - which I am not entirely sure I like just because it would lose focus after a while - and having too many threads. There seems to be enough of a twist each day to the Crawford deal that it makes sense to let posts add a new topic of discussion and have at it for the duration. I would hope that folks would take the time to read a few posts and threads before they declare themselves the first with new info.

We would rather give posters free reign and hope a modicum of intelligence is used. After that we do lock or delete topics - no big deal really, we aren't really picking on any one person - as we see fit.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/3/2004  10:19 PM
Posted by simrud:

Martin keep it the same way you did for the past 3 years. It works great, whoever does not like it doesnt have have to come here. Don't take none of this sh*it to heart.

Well said; I actually applaud your patience, Martin. You've given several warnings to a few people that it detracts from the forum to start a redundant new thread
martin
USA
8/3/2004  10:19 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Maryin and Andrew,

One thought would be to merge these new Jamal threads into one thread. (On another forum, we've done that before; I don't know if you can here.)

I guess it sometimes sucks to have homemade software.
martin
USA
8/3/2004  10:23 PM
one other thing to add:

we do delete topics, no new news there. Locked topics are just topics that we really want to delete but feel it better left so people get the point.

thanks.
raven
Member: #316
Canada
8/4/2004  3:25 AM
Keep it up martin and andrew. This forum works great ! Thanks.
martin
USA
8/4/2004  9:40 AM
Posted by kam77:

i unashamedly endorse the uniqueness of the New York Times forum once again, since it completely does away with "threads". As for the forums that use threads, ultimateknicks does a great job keeping things from getting out of hand.

I used to take a peak at the NY Times forums about 3 years back and some of those posters were out of this world funny.

NY Times format seems more like a stream of consciousness style discussion while forums like this one can carry a discussion on a specific topic with more focus.

I think we may get an overlap of users who go back and forth between the two site - *cough* KBY *cough*.
whats the point of a forum....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy