[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Report that Derrick Rose looks lean and explosive
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/24/2016  11:20 AM
A source not affiliated with Derrick Rose or the Knicks came away impressed with how lean and explosive the former All-Star point guard looked after seeing Rose work out recently in Los Angeles.
http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0538003852700424186-4
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/24/2016  11:39 AM
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/24/2016  11:41 AM
I know we're supposed to be very wary, but I'm actually pretty excited for Rose.

And I'm a guy who hated a lot of trades we've made over the past 15 years.

¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

6/24/2016  11:42 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

link doesn't work though

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/24/2016  11:49 AM
crzymdups wrote:I know we're supposed to be very wary, but I'm actually pretty excited for Rose.

Yeah i'm with you. Again, it's a win win situation for us with DRose. Kendall Gill said he saw Rose working out not too long ago and said he looks great and has his explosiveness back as well. We have to remember that last year was really his first year back playing with legitimate minutes in a couple of years so he was just getting acclimated to the game again so we're gonna see a better Rose than what we saw last year and he was pretty good last year. My worry isn't next year but is if he does look good next year then Phil might think of signing him to a new contract and that's when i'll worry most because we won't know if we'll be signing a new motivated DRose or if we're signing a DRose that was just motivated to get a new contract and won't be as motivated after he gets that new multi year contract and that's what scares me most.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/24/2016  12:00 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I know we're supposed to be very wary, but I'm actually pretty excited for Rose.

Yeah i'm with you. Again, it's a win win situation for us with DRose. Kendall Gill said he saw Rose working out not too long ago and said he looks great and has his explosiveness back as well. We have to remember that last year was really his first year back playing with legitimate minutes in a couple of years so he was just getting acclimated to the game again so we're gonna see a better Rose than what we saw last year and he was pretty good last year. My worry isn't next year but is if he does look good next year then Phil might think of signing him to a new contract and that's when i'll worry most because we won't know if we'll be signing a new motivated DRose or if we're signing a DRose that was just motivated to get a new contract and won't be as motivated after he gets that new multi year contract and that's what scares me most.

this is true, but it's also a great problem to have

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/24/2016  12:16 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

link doesn't work though

ESPN tweets are kind of ridiculous in the link-backs. All it is is a fuller message that appears in the top right hand corner of the page. Mostly it's the same as the tweet itself.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2016  12:24 PM
I just want one more big gun... I prefer that to spreading it out.

It appears Noah is a given, so its hard to picture spending our cap all on bigs when we have so few wings.

I find maxing Whiteside and having him next to KP for the next 4 years tantalizing

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/24/2016  12:29 PM
Hope Rose's knees can take the punishment. I hope Rose doesn't try to be the player he was his MVP year, because the way he relentlessly attacked the basket contributed to his knee problems. Those crazy cuts he does aren't good on the knees.

Rose has Melo and KP as wingmen, he doesn't need to be the focal pt of the offense in NY. I know Phil wanted someone who takes it to the rim, which we do need, but Im more concerned about Rose raising his avg assists from last season than his scoring.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2016  12:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Hope Rose's knees can take the punishment. I hope Rose doesn't try to be the player he was his MVP year, because the way he relentlessly attacked the basket contributed to his knee problems. Those crazy cuts he does aren't good on the knees.

Rose has Melo and KP as wingmen, he doesn't need to be the focal pt of the offense in NY. I know Phil wanted someone who takes it to the rim, which we do need, but Im more concerned about Rose raising his avg assists from last season than his scoring.

you have to like Phil and JH's comments about understanding his injury history and working with that. Seems they are approaching this in the right way.

Time will tell how it plays out.. I hope we get one more guy (impact player)

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
6/24/2016  12:47 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Hope Rose's knees can take the punishment. I hope Rose doesn't try to be the player he was his MVP year, because the way he relentlessly attacked the basket contributed to his knee problems. Those crazy cuts he does aren't good on the knees.

yes, good post. one has to worry about his learning how to mesh with those two, pick his spots to attack, and learn bow to drain a corner three.

i also have big concerns about his below-average defense.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
GustavBahler

6/24/2016  12:53 PM
fishmike wrote:

you have to like Phil and JH's comments about understanding his injury history and working with that. Seems they are approaching this in the right way.

Time will tell how it plays out.. I hope we get one more guy (impact player)

It does sound like they want to keep him from overdoing it, which is good. I doubt the Knicks are going to get more than a courtesy visit from Durant. I would go hard after Holford. I read the Lakers are going to make a serious push to sign him. Holford would be a great way to fill the void after Lopez's departure, and then some. I hope they call him early in the process.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/24/2016  12:53 PM
Most top players have no problem when they play with other top players. Rose will adjust to playing with top scorers on this squad. Especially if we add more players as expected. He will be able to coast more in games and pick his spots.
GustavBahler

6/24/2016  12:57 PM
dk7th wrote:

yes, good post. one has to worry about his learning how to mesh with those two, pick his spots to attack, and learn bow to drain a corner three.

i also have big concerns about his below-average defense.

I do wonder how much of a liability he is going to be on defense. Rose has a fresh start in NY, hope that includes a desire to become a better defender. He wanted the bright lights of the Garden, his defense is going to be under the bright lights as well.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/24/2016  1:16 PM
I like rose as a player even though he is a somewhat diminished version of his old self. I just felt it was a bit of a overpayment
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/24/2016  1:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I like rose as a player even though he is a somewhat diminished version of his old self. I just felt it was a bit of a overpayment

Who was the overpay?

Grant?

crzymdups
USA
6/24/2016  1:35 PM
Chandler wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

this is true, but it's also a great problem to have

I agree on both counts. Phil hasn't made a long-term mistake yet though, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I do see the danger in Rose having a great season and having to weigh paying him versus further injury risk over the next four or five years.

¿ △ ?
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/24/2016  1:39 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

link doesn't work though

ESPN tweets are kind of ridiculous in the link-backs. All it is is a fuller message that appears in the top right hand corner of the page. Mostly it's the same as the tweet itself.

Yup. It's basically a click whore.

crzymdups
USA
6/24/2016  1:39 PM
fishmike wrote:I just want one more big gun... I prefer that to spreading it out.

It appears Noah is a given, so its hard to picture spending our cap all on bigs when we have so few wings.

I find maxing Whiteside and having him next to KP for the next 4 years tantalizing

I don't trust Whiteside for some reason. Doesn't seem like a team oriented dude.

I'd rather have Noah and a solid SG for the money.

I think generally Phil has done s good job bringing in good character guys. I think that even though Whiteside is probably ahead of Noah on the court at this point, Noah's personality would be better for this team. And he's best friends with Rose.

That said, I just started a thread that the Wiz are set to offer Noah the full max at 4yr $120M. Yikes. Hopefully he really wants to come to NY. But I can't see him leaving $50-60M on the table.

¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2016  1:43 PM
Rose trade was good. Downside was very low upside is high
RIP Crushalot😞
Report that Derrick Rose looks lean and explosive

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy