[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Don't sleep on Justin Holiday...
Author Thread
Stevo718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #559
6/24/2016  6:51 AM
Athletic, lean, good D, good 3 point percentage with regular playing time... played behind Klay Thompson on Golden State and Butler on the Bulls.

I expect him to surprise.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2016  7:01 AM
I lookin at the dude too. He's a little skinny though, but he has alot of good tools to his game
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/24/2016  7:29 AM
I see nothing special. I'll evoke the Bonn guideline a cite his sample in regard to his good 3pt% last year.
Stevo718
Member: #559
6/24/2016  7:57 AM

He's already an upgrade over Aflalo,

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2016  8:12 AM
I don't think he's anything special either, but not everyone has to be special. He plays hard and seems to be a late bloomer. He's a very good defensive player and he's long, so at the worst he helps us on one side of the ball.

We need guys... this is a guy.

We needs the dudes!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Finestrg
Member: #1069

6/24/2016  8:42 AM
Stevo718 wrote:Athletic, lean, good D, good 3 point percentage with regular playing time... played behind Klay Thompson on Golden State and Butler on the Bulls.

Agreed. Good take on him...I've warmed up to him considerably. He now feels like more than a throw-in to me.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
6/24/2016  10:43 AM
Finestrg wrote:
Stevo718 wrote:Athletic, lean, good D, good 3 point percentage with regular playing time... played behind Klay Thompson on Golden State and Butler on the Bulls.

Agreed. Good take on him...I've warmed up to him considerably. He now feels like more than a throw-in to me.

I'm very curious about Holiday. Seems promising and like the kind of player Hornacek would really like. I expect him to get minutes this year. I think he's more than a throw in. Kind of how we all thought Lance Thomas was just a throw in when he came over.

¿ △ ?
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/24/2016  10:45 AM
he's better than grant
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/24/2016  10:47 AM
he's better than grant
callmened
Member: #4234

6/24/2016  10:55 AM
ehhh. a few yrs ago i was big on holiday. when he came off the bench for GSW and played well. then he went to the bulls and regressed. to his defense, most of those bulls regressed under hoibergs offense

overall hes a 3 &D player who cant shoot cosistently from deep, cant create off the dribble and his defense comes and goes. at best i think hes a 9th or 10th man off the bench

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
crzymdups
USA
6/24/2016  10:58 AM
callmened wrote:ehhh. a few yrs ago i was big on holiday. when he came off the bench for GSW and played well. then he went to the bulls and regressed. to his defense, most of those bulls regressed under hoibergs offense

overall hes a 3 &D player who cant shoot cosistently from deep, cant create off the dribble and his defense comes and goes. at best i think hes a 9th or 10th man off the bench

I don't think you can really judge him based on Chicago. Something was off in Chicago last year. Lots of inner turmoil.

I think he could be a Kent Bazemore type for us - finding our own Bazemore rather than overpaying for Atlanta's Bazemore in FA.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/24/2016  10:59 AM
crzymdups wrote:
callmened wrote:ehhh. a few yrs ago i was big on holiday. when he came off the bench for GSW and played well. then he went to the bulls and regressed. to his defense, most of those bulls regressed under hoibergs offense

I don't think you can really judge him based on Chicago. Something was off in Chicago last year. Lots of inner turmoil.

I think he could be a Kent Bazemore type for us - finding our own Bazemore rather than overpaying for Atlanta's Bazemore in FA.

either or... the good thing is we need what he can bring, so he will be in a position to get time if he plays well. I just view him as a good guy to have in the mix. Doesn't have to be special.. just play a role
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
crzymdups
USA
6/24/2016  11:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2016  11:02 AM
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

either or... the good thing is we need what he can bring, so he will be in a position to get time if he plays well. I just view him as a good guy to have in the mix. Doesn't have to be special.. just play a role

Yeah, exactly. Frankly, Bazemore isn't all that special - just a good role player. You have to develop your own role players rather than overpay for other teams' role players.

We've done decent with that with Lance Thomas and Langston Galloway - hopefully we can retain them for fair contracts. And hopefully Holiday can be another solid role player.

¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/24/2016  11:11 AM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah, exactly. Frankly, Bazemore isn't all that special - just a good role player. You have to develop your own role players rather than overpay for other teams' role players.

We've done decent with that with Lance Thomas and Langston Galloway - hopefully we can retain them for fair contracts. And hopefully Holiday can be another solid role player.

He had a lot of positive press on the bulls blogs.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
callmened
Member: #4234

6/24/2016  11:19 AM
exactly...he can be a role player....9th guy off the bench. but no im not expecting a breakout season like bazemore had for the lakers and dantoni (so many players owe their fortunes to dantoni and his offensive system). he'll either play 10 mins a game or maybe not even make the team. wouldnt surprise me. he was just an add in to make salaries match
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
crzymdups
USA
6/24/2016  11:45 AM
callmened wrote:exactly...he can be a role player....9th guy off the bench. but no im not expecting a breakout season like bazemore had for the lakers and dantoni (so many players owe their fortunes to dantoni and his offensive system). he'll either play 10 mins a game or maybe not even make the team. wouldnt surprise me. he was just an add in to make salaries match

But they didn't need to add him to make the salaries match. They were within 25% either way.

¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
6/24/2016  12:05 PM
crzymdups wrote:
callmened wrote:exactly...he can be a role player....9th guy off the bench. but no im not expecting a breakout season like bazemore had for the lakers and dantoni (so many players owe their fortunes to dantoni and his offensive system). he'll either play 10 mins a game or maybe not even make the team. wouldnt surprise me. he was just an add in to make salaries match

But they didn't need to add him to make the salaries match. They were within 25% either way.

Considering our lack of guards and the fact we gave up two in the deal, I'm sure NY demanded him to be included.

Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/24/2016  12:13 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Considering our lack of guards and the fact we gave up two in the deal, I'm sure NY demanded him to be included.

He beat out Snell in the Bulls rotation last year after the trade.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
6/24/2016  12:14 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Exactly, i think they saw him as a guy who on the downside is a roster player on a cheap contract for 1 season, and on the upside, maybe he has some hidden potential and can become a decent rotation player if better utilized. Phil is going to spend most of the cap space on a starting SG and Center, and resigning our free agents most likely. Holiday is a cheap player who will fill out the roster at least.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/24/2016  12:18 PM
Watched half of it, didnt see him doing much with his dribble, mostly dunks in transition. The three pt stuff doesnt tell me much, does he shoot a high pct? GS runs more than anyone and they let Holiday go. Guess we'll see what happens.
Don't sleep on Justin Holiday...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy