Not sure what to make of this.

details?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WOODMANnYk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #529
USA
8/3/2004  1:13 PM
It is posted on NBA Insider with Chad Ford!!!

Knicks and Bulls close to completing the deal for Crawford..

The deal would include Crawford and Jerome W. for Mutombo,Williams and either Harrington or Norris...

I'll take it!!!
The Future. GO KNICKS!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/3/2004  1:16 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by crzymdups:

details?

We're all trying to figure out we she was talking about at this point. She did say the deal was done and she heard it from someone involved in 'sports radio' at the end of the throwback...

...I have no idea how they heard this, but come to think of it, that is how I heard about the Marbury deal...
¿ △ ?
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/3/2004  1:21 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

The deal would include Crawford and Jerome W. for Mutombo,Williams and either Harrington or Norris...

I'll take it!!!

Better be Norris...
Knicks_Fan
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
8/3/2004  1:24 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by martin:
Posted by crzymdups:

details?
Imsider just indicated the deal is all but done. Motumbo,Williams and either Norris or harrington for Crawford and Jerome Williams.

We're all trying to figure out we she was talking about at this point. She did say the deal was done and she heard it from someone involved in 'sports radio' at the end of the throwback...

...I have no idea how they heard this, but come to think of it, that is how I heard about the Marbury deal...
The Future. GO KNICKS!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/3/2004  1:27 PM
the insider someone posted on this board just said it would have to be Deke, othella, frank, and norris for a resigned crawford, jyd, and chris jeffries.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/3/2004  1:32 PM
Posted by Knicksfan:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

I'll take it!!!

Better be Norris...
I'd prefer it to be Norris, but the difference is not huge to me since Norris will have a valuable expiring contract in just 11 months anyway. I still would prefer it to be Norris though.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/3/2004  1:36 PM
It looks like Shandon will be here for the duration of his contract. He better be glued to the back of the bench.
timmyTtop
Member: #680
8/3/2004  1:43 PM
shandon on the bench? better make it injured list!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/3/2004  1:49 PM
Posted by WOODMANnYk:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by martin:
Posted by crzymdups:

details?
Imsider just indicated the deal is all but done. Motumbo,Williams and either Norris or harrington for Crawford and Jerome Williams.

yes, yes, we've all heard the rumors a thousand times. This is the first time I've ever heard anyone say it's done. Nothing can be announced today though, as the league office is closed.
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/3/2004  1:51 PM
sunny from hot97?

i'm not sure what to make of this post
Kwazimodal
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #728
8/3/2004  2:03 PM
Hi everyone great board.Thought Id chip in a link,they have a different take on the trade and something about a Curry trade:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull03.html

Crawford deal imminent

August 3, 2004

BY LACY J. BANKS Staff Reporter Advertisement

Jamal Crawford might become a member of the New York Knicks as soon as today, league sources said.

The Bulls and Knicks have been trying to work out a deal for Crawford for the last six weeks. League sources said there was progress late Monday, and the deal might be consummated either today or Wednesday.

The Bulls will sign Crawford and then trade him, probably with Jerome Williams and Eddie Robinson. After various scenarios that have been discussed, it's not certain what the Knicks will provide in return, but the Bulls appear to have escaped from Shandon Anderson's contract.
One league source was hesitant to say how close the sides were, considering how the negotiations have stalled just when it appeared a deal was imminent.

Crawford led the Bulls in scoring last season and is a restricted free agent. The Bulls were looking for significant salary-cap relief in return for Crawford.

Meanwhile, since Bulls center Eddy Curry slacked off on his summer conditioning program and allowed his weight to balloon to 320 pounds -- 35 over the weight the Bulls had targeted for him -- he is no longer encouraging operations chief John Paxson to offer him a lucrative extension before the Oct. 1 deadline.

Still, Paxson says he's not trying to trade the 6-11 Harvey native, who is entering his fourth season.

But according to league sources, one person very interested in acquiring Curry is Knicks general manager Isiah Thomas, who probably would include power forwards Mike Sweetney and Kurt Thomas in a deal and take the contracts of Robinson and Williams off the Bulls' hands. But Paxson is not ready to give up on Curry.
"I get phone calls about Tyson [Chandler] and Eddy quite often,'' Paxson said Monday. "Size is still a value in this league. And they are big, young guys with so much untapped potential. The bottom line is that no matter what we do, they won't be given up easily. I still hang on to the belief that, as we've seen Tyson work hard and start getting better, the same can happen with Eddy if he keeps aspiring to get better.

"It's up to Eddy to get in shape. We've talked about this many times, and he knows this. Nobody can do it for him but him. From the time the season ended, we told him [to choose] whatever way he feels is best for him to get into shape. I've always respected Tim Grover and the success he's had with players. Tim does a great job. But Tim can't work out for Eddy, either. Eddy's got to put the time and the effort in.

"The only thing disappointing about [Eddy] at this point is that you want to see guys get in shape incrementally over time. But now, he's got to cram a lot into seven weeks before we start training camp. The bottom line is that I just want to see him in shape.''

Paxson said reports of the Memphis Grizzlies offering Bonzi Wells and Stromile Swift for Curry "are not accurate'' and that he did not want to comment on trade rumors involving Curry.

Curry's new agents, Darren White and Lamont Carter, also are eager for Curry to get into shape.

"Eddy knows that this is a contract year, that there's a lot at stake and that it's better to sign an extension now with the threat of another labor lockout next summer,'' White said. "We've assured Paxson, with Eddy right there with us, that Eddy will turn it up for the next 60 days. John didn't have a problem with that, and we have asked Tim Grover to provide John with the particulars of his program and periodic reports.''

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/3/2004  2:17 PM
this stuff has been bouncing around for awhile now. Paxson wants to add solid veterans, but he's too scared to lose a young asset to do so. At this point I believe the Crawford deal when I see it. If it happens than I will start believing Brigg's "Houston is toast" posts. I like Crawford either way in a future sense.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
8/3/2004  2:44 PM
Trade CANNOT be official, the league offices are closed today (why I have no idea). In reading the article about the Mavs/Hawks trade, it states that their deal was agreed upon but cannot be completed until Wednesday due to the league being closed.

So this is probably affecting the Bulls trade too.

As far as the deal goes we will not know until it is official. All I will say is that Crawford is a very nice YOUNG player who is athletic and who has good handles. He can be a all-star very soon. If H20 is healthy then it is a better for the Knicks. Crawford is YOUNG!!! He is only 24 years old and was the leading scorer on a bad team! He is not in his prime yet. You get him and Stephon together for a few years and watchout!

I hope IT is trying to keep at least on piece in play for another deal for Damps but even if not, he has a backcourt for the next 5 years at least.
Knicksfan
USA
8/3/2004  2:46 PM
Ohh well... Don't tell me: the Crawford deal isn't done yet...
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
8/3/2004  2:50 PM
Ohh so the deal can't become official because of that... But if the deal is almost done maybe something can be written like the Mavs deal that has already been reported to be set to be agreed. The NY-Chi trade is still just a rumor...
Knicks_Fan
Sunny from Hot 97 announces on air that Jamal deal is official

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy